UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,747
    edited July 2020

Well the normal release DS to Beta then. Sigh, it has been a long day. There has been a Wyvern plaguing me.

Thanks

Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

@barbult, I like your render so much better than mine.

I will keep trying.

Mary

It's just a lighting difference. Yours is a backlit sunset. Mine is a midday sun. One is not better than the other, just different. Based on your image, I bought the Moose today.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

This scene fully rendered in 25 minutes. I'm just floored by how much detail these scenes have and yet still render super fast.

Light postwork in Photoshop. 

Really nice! I like that you added interest with the horse drinking from the stream.

• @barbult, I like your render so much better than mine.

I will keep trying.

Mary

The only thing I might do different is fiddle with depth-of-field and focal points, to try and get the moose in focuse while the grass in the foreground isn't.  Of course, I'm not that good with DOF, so I don't know that I'd succeed.  But I quite like your picture, and that's the only real tweak I see.

• Vagabond ElfVagabond Elf Posts: 57
    edited July 2020

Speaking of not doing Depth-of-Field, here's my first actually finished render with Ultra Scenery!

Sisters 1.png
    1047 x 878 - 2M
    Post edited by Vagabond Elf on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308
    edited July 2020

So, last variation of this image.  Not just the vertical format, but also the different sky and lighting gives this one a very different feel. I doubled his fur and like it so much better thicker. I still like the previous one, but I like this one overall too. Now time to move on to something else. :)

VT_Legendary_Ape_Encounter_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1200 x 1920 - 412K
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,837
    edited July 2020

Another experiment with custom height map together with Coast 1 and Harpwood 2

Also used: https://www.daz3d.com/mcboaty-lifeboat

custom201sc03pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 673K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    L'Adair said:

@AllenArt, You're welcome.
    wink

Thank you! I thought it was you, but I wasn't sure. LOL

edited July 2020
    Gogger said:

Here's the image one more step along the evolutionary chain.  No DoF, just KindredArts Fog and I think I'm closer.

@Gogger, I feel like I am looking at a still from a movie.

And you could put a moose there, or a pair of baby bears, deer, and see the stupid tourist with a camera.

Mary

I've found that fog and haze makes a huge difference in the realism and gives so much more depth. I added it to my last image and it made it look great :).

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
    Gogger said:

So, last variation of this image.  Not just the vertical format, but also the different sky and lighting gives this one a very different feel. I doubled his fur and like it so much better thicker. I still like the previous one, but I like this one overall too. Now time to move on to something else. :)

This POV makes the gorilla look even larger somehow. LOL Great image! :D

Laurie

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,311
    edited July 2020

A bit of light relief from our troubled times.

Table Manners: A beginner’s guide to house-training your giant dragon.

Archmage Serena, the most feared and lethal member of the sisterhood of the Future Mages, is having some problems with her almost as scary sidekick.

“Cecil, if you must drink in public then at least do it without making that awful slurping noise. And try not to dribble as much, too. It’s so…  uncouth!”

Cheers,

Alex.

Table Manners 1 3K.JPG
    3000 x 1875 - 1M
    Post edited by alexhcowley on
    edited July 2020

@alexhcowley I have a Whyvern, but not in US, rather outside of a 1stBastion Tunnel so I can't post here. He is about to taste a toon.

Thank you all. @AllenArt I tried to add a fog plane but when it loaded, it was at the front of the scene and when I tried to move it back, the scene moved. I think this is something I will need to add to my early steps/planning stages. I have no idea why an US scene would be different from another one, but it seems to be. All my items in it have acquired the same x y z coordinates.

I am not very good with the camera, bit of a mess, so I used the IG Photographer's Toolbox: Cinematic Cameras to focus on The Moose and I added dragonflies to the foreground and also see how they did in Iray. They are very subtle.

Moose Revisited.png
    2000 x 873 - 3M
  • blosseblosse Posts: 46
    barbult said:

A recent file migration happened when my IrayCatlyzer moved itself from the Public Build to the Beta on my laptop.

Public Build is the Beta. 

Yes it is, we are all beta testers.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    barbult said:

This scene fully rendered in 25 minutes. I'm just floored by how much detail these scenes have and yet still render super fast.

Light postwork in Photoshop. 

Really nice! I like that you added interest with the horse drinking from the stream.

Thank you, barbult! :D I also added a squirrel and a butterfly, but they're a bit hard to spot. :)

Wow, this thread exploded since I checked it yesterday. Lots of great new renders! Awesome work guys - keep 'em coming. I LOVE seeing what everyone is doing with this amazing product! :)

edited July 2020
    AllenArt said:
    Gogger said:

Here's the image one more step along the evolutionary chain.  No DoF, just KindredArts Fog and I think I'm closer.

And you could put a moose there, or a pair of baby bears, deer, and see the stupid tourist with a camera.

Mary

I've found that fog and haze makes a huge difference in the realism and gives so much more depth. I added it to my last image and it made it look great :).

Laurie

Oh that's gorgeous! Did you use the new fog built into Daz Studio or did you use a fog prop?

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    What is this ds fog you speak of?
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308
    edited July 2020
    3dOutlaw said:
    What is this ds fog you speak of?

In a nutshell, check the new FOG setting in your Render settings tab - like where you would rotate the dome of an HDRI, or hide the ground plane.  Pretty cool!  (Not the End All/Be All, but pretty cool none-the-less)

I've been using Iray Distance Fog and liking it lots.

Post edited by Gogger on
    AllenArt said:
    Gogger said:

Mary

Laurie

Oh that's gorgeous! Did you use the new fog built into Daz Studio or did you use a fog prop?

I used Iray Dawn to Dusk by InaneGlory for the fog. At first I tried to use retrodevil's fog prop which is actually a volumetric cube, but my computer wasn't having any of that. LOL. But IG's product worked so nicely :)

Laurie

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666

Hi everyone,

I can't agree more with those in this thread on how much fun and addictive playing with this script can be. Here is my latest render using a height map snapshot from Tangram Heightmapper at github. I was excited that I was able to recreate a favorite place that I would frequently visit while out riding my pony. If you're interested in a full listing of everything I used in the image, please visit my gallery.

Trish

Sunrise in Michigan

When I re-logged in, the thread opened here and your image took my breath away. So beautiful.

I love those HDRIs Orestes does too. 

Hi @memcneil70

I'm glad you like the image. I think UltraScenery and Orestes HDRIs are a winning combination. Here is one more using an Orestes HDRI.

Trish

Gorgeous renders, Trish! yes

Thank you @Divamakeup

edited July 2020
    AllenArt said:
    AllenArt said:
    Gogger said:

Mary

Laurie

I used Iray Dawn to Dusk by InaneGlory for the fog. At first I tried to use retrodevil's fog prop which is actually a volumetric cube, but my computer wasn't having any of that. LOL. But IG's product worked so nicely :)

Laurie

I have that! I'll have to give it another go. I tried it when it first came out but my computer struggled with it - I've since gotten a better graphics card, so I'll have to try it out again with the new card. The fog/haze really helps emphasize the distance and brings in more realism, as you said. Very cool!

Post edited by 3Diva on

@alexhcowley I have a Whyvern, but not in US, rather outside of a 1stBastion Tunnel so I can't post here. He is about to taste a toon.

Mary,

I'd be interested to see your wyvern.Why don't you post it in the main gallery?

Cheers,

Alex.

• blosseblosse Posts: 46

My "Grassland 2" and "Grassland 3" ecologies look the same in a scene? Does anyone else have this?

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 584
    blosse said:

My "Grassland 2" and "Grassland 3" ecologies look the same in a scene? Does anyone else have this?

Grassland 3 will look pretty much the same as Grassland 2 if your scene doesn't contain any waterways such as lakes or streams.

Mary,

Cheers,

Alex.

I never could figure out how to do that. Stupid but I keep stumbling around and can't seem to figure it out. indecision

Mary,

Cheers,

Alex.

I never could figure out how to do that. Stupid but I keep stumbling around and can't seem to figure it out. indecision

Mary,

Select the gallery option from within your My Account page.

Click on the box to select and upload your render.

Click on the thumbnail once the render has uploaded.

Add a description and click on save.

Cheers,

Alex.             

gallery 1.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 428K
    gallery 2.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 404K

Thanks Alex, I did it. Image is here. I expect it will be buried fast.

Mary

edited July 2020

Thanks Alex, I did it. Image is here. I expect it will be buried fast.

Mary

I like it! I think we have a similar sense of humour.

Cheers,

Alex.

Post edited by alexhcowley on
    edited July 2020

Well, I went back to the Moose, added the Dawn to Dusk Lighting and a flock of crows I got out of Fast Grab today. The composite took well over two hours to render but here it is. I like it. The crows add something for the Moose to be looking towards, but I lost my sunset/sunrise. Oh well. Can't have everything. 

And my thanks to Alex and L'Adair for their help today.

Mary

Moose Crows and Dragonflies.png
    2000 x 873 - 3M
This discussion has been closed.