UltraScenery [Commercial]

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited July 2020

This scene fully rendered in 25 minutes. I'm just floored by how much detail these scenes have and yet still render super fast.

Light postwork in Photoshop. 

UltraScenery - River Though Forest w Horse Butterfly and Squirrel B.png
    1000 x 1300 - 3M
    Post edited by 3Diva on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited July 2020

Your image is beautiful @Divamakeup!   You are very welcome, one of the reasons I decided to compile it.  Someone suggested doing the images but I don't see that being possible because there are so many of them!

The list is fully updated to this page! If I missed anything though please let me know and I will add it.

Post edited by Daventaki on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,817

Thanks a lot.

The boat is https://www.daz3d.com/marmara-boat

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310
    Gogger said:

Here's the image one more step along the evolutionary chain.  No DoF, just KindredArts Fog and I think I'm closer.

@Gogger, I feel like I am looking at a still from a movie.

And you could put a moose there, or a pair of baby bears, deer, and see the stupid tourist with a camera.

Mary

I immediately thought of the movie Kong Skull Island. This is an exceptional render.

Cheers,

Alex.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,736

@3dOutlaw and @barbult, thank you both for the additional cameras!

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666

Hi everyone,

I can't agree more with those in this thread on how much fun and addictive playing with this script can be. Here is my latest render using a height map snapshot from Tangram Heightmapper at github. I was excited that I was able to recreate a favorite place that I would frequently visit while out riding my pony. If you're interested in a full listing of everything I used in the image, please visit my gallery.

Trish

Sunrise in Michigan

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,137
    Artini said:

Thanks a lot.

The boat is https://www.daz3d.com/marmara-boat

Oh, how did I not recognise it?! (I bought it during the March Madness sale and have used it a couple of times too) blush Thanks for reminding me!

Hi everyone,

I can't agree more with those in this thread on how much fun and addictive playing with this script can be. Here is my latest render using a height map snapshot from Tangram Heightmapper at github. I was excited that I was able to recreate a favorite place that I would frequently visit while out riding my pony. If you're interested in a full listing of everything I used in the image, please visit my gallery.

Trish

Sunrise in Michigan

And you just made a future sale for Orestes Graphics - somehow I missed that set of HDRIs. Lovely image.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,887

I am a huge fan of Orestes hdris for skies; they are high quality and 'clean'.

edited July 2020
    MelanieL said:

Hi everyone,

Trish

Sunrise in Michigan

And you just made a future sale for Orestes Graphics - somehow I missed that set of HDRIs. Lovely image.

Hi @MelanieL

Thank you for the compliment. I just realized that I chose the wrong Orestes Graphics HDRI package in my list of items used for the image. The HDRI in the image is from the Orestes Iray HDRI Skydomes Vol 4 package, orestes-sky-sunset06-488.hdr.

Trish

Post edited by Stormlyght on
    MelanieL said:

Hi everyone,

Trish

Sunrise in Michigan

Hi @MelanieL

Thank you for the compliment. I just realized that I chose the wrong Orestes Graphics HDRI package in my list of items used for the image. The HDRI in the image is from the Orestes Iray HDRI Skydomes Vol 4 package, orestes-sky-sunset06-488.hdr.

Trish

Ah, thanks - I'll have to wishist that set too. (I have about 8 Orestes HDRI sets but neither of those for some reason - maybe I was short of funds when they released)

edited July 2020
    Oso3D said:

I agree - I have some rather poor HDRIs (from other vendors) which disappointed, but I like the Orestes ones.

Edit to clarify.

Post edited by MelanieL on

Hi everyone,

Trish

Sunrise in Michigan

When I re-logged in, the thread opened here and your image took my breath away. So beautiful.

I love those HDRIs Orestes does too. 

edited July 2020

Hi everyone,

Trish

Sunrise in Michigan

When I re-logged in, the thread opened here and your image took my breath away. So beautiful.

Hi @memcneil70

I'm glad you like the image. I think UltraScenery and Orestes HDRIs are a winning combination. Here is one more using an Orestes HDRI.

Trish

Post edited by Stormlyght on
  • Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    Oso3D said:

Seconded. I use these and Cloudscape almost exclusively for outdoor scenes.

Oh my Stormlyght, that is so soothing. And looks so cool as in the temperature as I broil here in Denver! Such a treat.

Mary

Daventaki said:

Your image is beautiful @Divamakeup!   You are very welcome, one of the reasons I decided to compile it.  Someone suggested doing the images but I don't see that being possible because there are so many of them!

The list is fully updated to this page! If I missed anything though please let me know and I will add it.

Thank you! (Both for the sweet comment and the updated list!) yes

edited July 2020

I accidentally made a rather creepy scene. I was trying to set up the figure for the second image below and I accidentally hit the "bank" function in my Daz Studio viewport and the angle spun all wonky. lol I decided to just render it to see what it would look like ...aaaaand it looks creepy. lol

The main render I was aiming for, also ended up looking a little bit eerie looking as well:

UltraScenery - Uphill Path Wonky Angle B.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    UltraScenery - Uphill Path Walk B.png
    1000 x 1300 - 3M
    Post edited by 3Diva on

Hi everyone,

Trish

Sunrise in Michigan

Hi everyone,

Trish

Sunrise in Michigan

Hi @memcneil70

I'm glad you like the image. I think UltraScenery and Orestes HDRIs are a winning combination. Here is one more using an Orestes HDRI.

Trish

Gorgeous renders, Trish! yes

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,052

Well, UltraScenery has the ability to make many models look at their best. Below is a V3 model, Blackhearted's GND2, in a pose that V3 models find very difficult due to thigh distortion and glutes turning an odd shape. The grasses hide all that.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147

Well, UltraScenery has the ability to make many models look at their best. Below is a V3 model, Blackhearted's GND2, in a pose that V3 models find very difficult due to thigh distortion and glutes turning an odd shape. The grasses hide all that.

Before I even read your description, I thought, wow, her pose looks so natural. Good job! And V3 no less!

Small peice of advice that I discovered this morning...

Make sure that the addons to US are installed to the same installation directory, this includes the required items. Also when you get a new add on, try uninstalling and reinstalling everything.

I noticed that Mossy Hollow, which I had had for a while, wasn't showing up in my menu. Since the formats don't directly connect to the add ons, it was easy to overlook.

After I did a quick uninstall / reinstall, everything popped up the way it should have.

Yesterday afternoon, I went to work on a US / Iray Catlyzer render and could not find the main US files in Smart Content. I found them still in My DAZ 3D Content under two or three levels of folders. All the add-ons are in Smart Content, where I used to find the base US file the last time I used it. After a long render was done on my other computer I checked it and it too had lost US in Smart Content. Uninstall/Reinstall does not fix it. Categorizing it in metadata does not work. But, I know where the access point is, but it is not easy to access. And I haven't had an update since my last usage of US so I am at a loss.

If you can't find it where you expect it, check My DAZ 3D Content. It also does not show up under Product Library.

edited July 2020

I did a Catalyzer render with UltraScenery, too. I had to try a couple critters I bought in the Kendall Sears sale.

UltraScenery River 2 Oaks Raccoon Red Fox 2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited July 2020

mCasual said:

in the freepository i posted a script to remove some trees around the camera

it's called mcjSceneClearing

@mCasual, This one is working well, thank you for the new script.

Post edited by barbult on

Yesterday afternoon, I went to work on a US / Iray Catlyzer render and could not find the main US files in Smart Content. I found them still in My DAZ 3D Content under two or three levels of folders. All the add-ons are in Smart Content, where I used to find the base US file the last time I used it. After a long render was done on my other computer I checked it and it too had lost US in Smart Content. Uninstall/Reinstall does not fix it. Categorizing it in metadata does not work. But, I know where the access point is, but it is not easy to access. And I haven't had an update since my last usage of US so I am at a loss.

If you can't find it where you expect it, check My DAZ 3D Content. It also does not show up under Product Library.

I long ago encountered those issues. So I did something that not everyone would agree with...

I created a DAZ subdirectory right on the root of my C drive. Under that I created directories for executibles, content, projects, etc.

I have one "main" content directory where I installed everything that is default or that I use a lot.

I install to each project directory as I need individual items. This way I can uninstall them when the project is done.

I also have a "New" directory that I install to when I am just testing new items.

I keep DIM open the entire time I am working, so I can quickly install new items while working. If the new item is a "complex item" (character, morph, plug in, etc.), I exit DS before I do the install. All other items ("dumb items;" props, shaders, etc.) are fine to install while DS is running.

Hey Jason Galterio, thank you for the feedback. I don't want to derail the thread talking library organization but I understand your concept, but I just wanted to warn others who may use Smart Content. I wasted over an hour looking for it.

edited July 2020

A recent file migration happened when my IrayCatlyzer moved itself from the Public Build to the Beta on my laptop. So I had to do this moose that I bought during the Kendall Sears sale (a total of seven moved into my runtime). While the US scenery formed quickly, my fiddling with lighting took forever. The first render found a flat, stuffed looking moose in the dark. This is a little better. 

Moose Alert II Resized.png
    2000 x 2000 - 7M
    Post edited by memcneil70 on

@barbult, I like your render so much better than mine.

I will keep trying.

Mary

A recent file migration happened when my IrayCatlyzer moved itself from the Public Build to the Beta on my laptop.

Public Build is the Beta. 

This discussion has been closed.