January 2020 - Daz 3D New User Challenge - Composition, Instancing, & Duplication

Comments

• marjoemartinomarjoemartino Posts: 61
    edited January 2020

I finally got this to render without crashing my computer, I had to gut this to make it work not sure how much I can do to make changes to it, but this is my start for this month.

I thought I would try for the Instancing and Duplication challenge.

The "twins" are one character that I duplicated then mirrored, the extra items on the tables and the 2 characters in the background were all instanced

twin bountiesb_Camera.png
    1294 x 613 - 1M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • I finally got this to render without crashing my computer, I had to gut this to make it work not sure how much I can do to make changes to it, but this is my start for this month.

I thought I would try for the Instancing and Duplication challenge.

The "twins" are one character that I duplicated then mirrored, the extra items on the tables and the 2 characters in the background were all instanced

Nice start, I like how you've got the girl's mirrored like you do.

• Version E here, adding a fallen shadowrunner slumped against one of the pillers, the light mounted to their handgun casting it's glow on one of the hostiles. I also instanced the pool of blood from the fallen hostile and addind it to the fallen shadowrunner, and added some shell casings near the shadowrunner with the rifle.

jan2020e.png
    800 x 450 - 522K
  • Hi. here is my first test render, to get all the Emissive surfaces the way i wont them. Now to put all the other stuff in.

@Shinji lkari 9th / !3-D-C hase some good props.

Sick'em Rex.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • Hi. here is my first test render, to get all the Emissive surfaces the way i wont them. Now to put all the other stuff in.

@Shinji lkari 9th / !3-D-C hase some good props.

Nice start, and I agree on !3-D-C having some good props, the problem I have sometimes is lining up the edges on the set pieces so there's no peek through if I'm using an HDRI for outside lighting. I've also used stuff from Bad Faerie over at sharecg.com.

• having troblepost

Sick'em Rex2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130

I am having trouble doing a simple morph for the pants, to make them drape a little nicer.

I hid everything in Daz except the pants as can be shown in the first screenshot.

When I import into Blender however, some extra stuff appears, as can be see in the second screenshot.

I am at a loss at to what to do to get only the pants so I can do my simple morph and make them look nice.

Only_pants.PNG
    989 x 1202 - 203K
    Pants_and_artefacts.PNG
    1064 x 1121 - 911K

Ok, I fiddled with the simulation and kind of got around fixing the pants for now, altought I would prefer to know how I can also do the morph as the clothes don't look great from all angles.

This is how the scene looks right now: I would appreciate some comments/suggestions/critiques.

Martial Arts.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

@alex86fire can you link to the product you used for the pants? Its easier to find for those who have it to help.

it looks like a d-force clothing item to me, so for a good fit you would put the character in the pose and then simulate the d-force process

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,145

Looks like Traditional Outfit on the master and Showdown Outfit in the student, both dForce items. 

Gordig said:

Looks like Traditional Outfit on the master and Showdown Outfit in the student, both dForce items. 

Very good knowledge of your suits, that is exactly what they are.

Linwelly said:

@alex86fire can you link to the product you used for the pants? Its easier to find for those who have it to help.

it looks like a d-force clothing item to me, so for a good fit you would put the character in the pose and then simulate the d-force process

I have run quite a few simulation with dForce on them both to get to the current state.

My biggest problem is that they intersect with each other at different points, no idea why, as it seems very weird to me.

See attached images. (I thought a fast morph to just fix that would be better than to run another few simlations to fix that while other parts of the outfit already look good to me.

Kimono gone wrong.PNG
    474 x 592 - 600K
    Pants gone wrong.PNG
    427 x 445 - 170K
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,145
    Gordig said:

Very good knowledge of your suits, that is exactly what they are.

Mr. Woo was the first pro bundle I bought, because I got a purple banner for 80% off a single item, and that was the pro bundle I went with. Gun to my head, I really couldn’t explain a lot of my purchasing decisions. 

• bastian2560bastian2560 Posts: 81
    edited January 2020

Ok my last post went through, problems my end i think. Here is my completed render  hope everything is here for the intermediate challenge. I did this render useing UHD but  when it is finnished i get a lot of white dots every where (don't know what they are called or how to fix) so had to scale image down to FHD which fixed it some.

@ Linwelly, Is there any good tutorals on how to use Dforce? i have read a little on it but thats about all i know about it.

@ Shinji lkari 9th. yes i hve played with some of Bad Faerie's stuff and ShareCG has realy good go silection of produces.

i really love all the renders.

PS... @ (any one). I see alot of people use DeviantArt is it a good place to use, i only upload my renders here.

Sick'em Rex3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by bastian2560 on
  • Sisyphus1977Sisyphus1977 Posts: 305
    edited January 2020

Here is my next go at the compostion scene.  I changed the faceshield shaders to a glass so you can now see the eyes and pose on the middle character.

Scene v 3 1920.jpg
    1920 x 1920 - 5M
    Post edited by Sisyphus1977 on
  • fdsphotofdsphoto Posts: 62
    edited January 2020

Been doing photography for 15 years, its kind of freaky to hone in the Composition in the production phase, rather than geting as close as you can during the live shoot, and then cropping in post-production.

With being able to lock in the composition during production, it definetly added a more intimate, personal, and dramatic quality to the image, as it's being viewd exactly how it was created. Maybe I should start enabling those composition guides in my cameras (a feature that didn't exist until recently) lol. I also changed my image ratio as a result of using the guide, as it better fit to the rule of thirds than the 2:3 ratio I began with.

So this image was created specifically for this New User Challenge (no other posting exists & first time to be viewed by others), and I already plan on using it afterwards to better illustrate the concept to a photography class that I'm slated to teach in the coming months. Included the composition guide I used (not a second submission).

January 2020 - Daz 3D New User Challenge - Composition

Image Title: Somber Moments - A Tribute to the Fallen

Software: DAZ Studio 4.12

Somber Moments - A Tribute to the Fallen.jpg
    1000 x 1333 - 1M
    Rule of Thirds.PNG
    828 x 1116 - 2M
    Post edited by fdsphoto on
  • marjoemartinomarjoemartino Posts: 61
    edited January 2020

Since my first entry might not be workable due to the limits of my computer, I thought I would do a second entry, this time for the composition challenge.

I went back to any earlier render I did of Delicate Delussions titled: Target Aquired. This is the second image for that scene after she gets ahold of her target (yes the viewer is the target).

No post work everything was done in DAZ Studio 4.12 as always comments, crits, and advice are welcome.

Title: It's just Business

It's just Business_ver_b_Camera.png
    1280 x 1280 - 2M
    Post edited by marjoemartino on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Ok my last post went through, problems my end i think. Here is my completed render  hope everything is here for the intermediate challenge. I did this render useing UHD but  when it is finnished i get a lot of white dots every where (don't know what they are called or how to fix) so had to scale image down to FHD which fixed it some.

@ Linwelly, Is there any good tutorals on how to use Dforce? i have read a little on it but thats about all i know about it.

@ Shinji lkari 9th. yes i hve played with some of Bad Faerie's stuff and ShareCG has realy good go silection of produces.

i really love all the renders.

PS... @ (any one). I see alot of people use DeviantArt is it a good place to use, i only upload my renders here.

I'm not personally a master of d-force but here are a few links to tutorials:

there is a thread with lots of info:  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/208141/

the following are with the topic on d-force magnets but show a lot of details using d-force, so even without the magnet they are useful

I hope this helps!

• sueyasueya Posts: 826

Dance Party -version 2

I have changed the camera angle to zoom in on the 3 main figures and remove some of the ceiling from the image. I have also adjusted the pose of the main couple as I noticed they weren't holding hands when I zoomed in! I think the couple in the background look ok so I'm not planning to add DOF to my image.If  I have enough time I may try using instancing to add a few extra chairs.

• fdsphotofdsphoto Posts: 62
    edited January 2020

Always wanted to do a scene like this. Almost impossible in the Photography world without a greater risk of damaging equipment, or the model getting hurt, due to rain.

The main focuse for this piece was Composition, but it is utilizing Instancing for the rain drop splashes.

Using the Golden Mean Ratio rather than the rule of thirds, and falling in love with the 4:3 portrait aspect ratio.

Original piece for this challange, and the first time anyone else would be seeing this piece.

January 2020 - Daz 3D New User Challenge - Composition

Image Title: Rainy Nights

Software: DAZ Studio 4.12

Rainy Nights.jpg
    1000 x 1333 - 1M
    Golden Mean Composition.JPG
    833 x 1116 - 277K
    Post edited by fdsphoto on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Linwelly said:

I'm not personally a master of d-force but here are a few links to tutorials:

there is a thread with lots of info:  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/208141/p1

I'm afraid the link to Rich's thread may have gotten lost between all those videos, so I'm highlighting it here. There is a Table of Contents for all the mini-tutorials contained in the thread, as well as an Index by Subject. As 25 mini-tutorials are completed, they are also converted to a PDF for download and convenient offline reference. There are currently three PDFs.

If you ever want to use dForce for something specific, that isn't draping clothing on a figure, I recommend this be the first place you look for help. I find the thread an invaluable resource and use it frequently. (I've got it bookmarked in my browser, and favorited here in the forums!)

• edited January 2020

On her planet, it is the first time she has seen anything like this. 

I have been using daz for about a year, but I still learning.

warrior and dragon.jpg
    1479 x 1024 - 95K
    Post edited by Tangled up with Ink on
  • On her planet, it is the first time she has seen anything like this. 

I have been using daz for about a year, but I am still learning.

• @ Linwelly & L'Adair. Thanks.

• ShackShack Posts: 22

This image is for the Intermediate Challenge. I have been using Daz Studio for about a year. Before that, I used Poser for several years,

I have attempted similar images before but they always crashed my rather old computer. This time I experimented with instances and I must say I  like the results. It is a relatively small file and renders quickly. There are only five figures plus fourteen instances.

I started with a piper and put him in a nontraditional outfit to suit the nontraditional pipes. Then I created six instances of him. I really like being able to make a change to the original and having is appear in all the instances immediately. I then created the troop commander and duplicated him. I modified the duplicate to make a soldier and then added six instances of the soldier. Finally, I added the emperor reviewing the parade and one bodyguard in armor and created two instances of the bodyguard.

If I hade done this my old way using duplicates for everything, The render would have taken more than a day, if it didn't crash my computer. Using instances, the render only took about an hour.

The only post work was to adjust size and contrast and then add my signature.

Comments?

On Parade.png
    1200 x 731 - 1M
  • c.loth1975@googlemail.com[email protected] Posts: 69
    edited January 2020

Hello,

this is my entry for the Beginners "Composition" Challenge. I call this scene "Night Terrors". A girl in a foggy
    forest during a full moon night, who is suprised and terrified by the influence of the full moon.

I'd really appreciate hints and critique, where I could do better.

Best regards

NightTerrors.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by [email protected] on
  • GalaxyGalaxy Posts: 562
    edited January 2020

Finally escaped from the sceneImage Name: Finally escaped from the scene

Render: Daz3d 3delight

Postwork: Yes, little bit

Instances use: Yes, the lion.

Finally escaped from the scene.png
    1454 x 984 - 1M
    Post edited by Galaxy on
  • daybirddaybird Posts: 648
    edited January 2020

Well, I struggled a lot with the settings since my last entry. Sometimes it feels, like the more you tweak, the bader the results. 
    I add some air bubbles around her and move the fishes a little farer away, to make them look more natural.
    I make some more instances from them and change the collor of the riff, so that it fits better to the scene

Ivana 18.01.20.jpg
    1600 x 989 - 407K
    Post edited by daybird on
  • daybird said:

Well, I struggled a lot with the settings since my last entry. Sometimes it feels, like the more you tweak, the bader the results. 
    I add some air bubbles around her and move the fishes a little farer away, to make them look more natural.
    I make some more instances from them and change the collor of the riff, so that it fits better to the scene

Clever !  I like the added effect of the air bubbles escaping from her nose!

• New User Composition Challenge:

So I only started using Daz about a week ago and I'm completely new to 3d stuff. I'm no where near as good as all these other entries, but I thought I'd put my render up to get some feedback on it. It's the first render I've made that had decent light and no glaring mistakes. LOL. Please tell me what you think. I'd love constructive critism. 

Grungy Hall Karen Close Up 001.png
    741 x 1200 - 1M
  • New User Composition Challenge:

So I only started using Daz about a week ago and I'm completely new to 3d stuff. I'm no where near as good as all these other entries, but I thought I'd put my render up to get some feedback on it. It's the first render I've made that had decent light and no glaring mistakes. LOL. Please tell me what you think. I'd love constructive critism. 

I am also fairly new but I can tell you that I was nowhere near as good as you are when I was a week into Daz 3D. I like what you've done.