FLUIDOS II for Daz Studio - update 2.2 [commercial]

Comments

• Alberto said:

The manual (64599_fluidos2manual.pdf) must be in your library ReadMe's folder.

I know, they say "Nobody reads the manual", and many times this is true, including for me. sad But it could be very helpful, I think.

I was actually reading it earlier today xD

For some reason, I can't get diffuse particles to work on another old scene where I wasn't using it originally. Tested it in a new scene and worked completely fine. So I was looking if there was something I missed but nope. I'm guessing it's something related to that scene and considered just deleting the domain, source and meshers completely, create the whole thing from the ground up but...  it's not really an important scene, was just using it to test more stuff, so I rather not use more time on it considering it is working.

Alberto said:

Thank you!

The old subdivision level, Surface smoothing value and Surface smoothing iterations have somehow different functionality in Fluidos II, thus, if you load a Fluidos v1.3 scene, these properties appear in their default value. Increasing the iterations of the new Smoothing property could suppress any residual staircase effect. But notice that the new filters have a way stronger effect on the mesh that the old filter. If the effect is too strong, change the Gaussian filter for the Mean filter. Gaussian filter is four times stronger than the Mean filter.

However, the old smoothing and subdivision properties are still there, if you choose to run the old Engine Fluidos I (at Advanced Settings - Engine) instead of the new one.

Ah, yes, it was using the gaussian by default. I didn't get any staircase effect at all, so I didn't mess around much more with that scene. In the one I'll make to share the results I'll try first with low parameters, try to see with how lower can I get away for results I like :)

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382
    Alberto said:

The manual (64599_fluidos2manual.pdf) must be in your library ReadMe's folder.

I know, they say "Nobody reads the manual", and many times this is true, including for me. sad But it could be very helpful, I think.

I was actually reading it earlier today xD

For some reason, I can't get diffuse particles to work on another old scene where I wasn't using it originally. Tested it in a new scene and worked completely fine. So I was looking if there was something I missed but nope. I'm guessing it's something related to that scene and considered just deleting the domain, source and meshers completely, create the whole thing from the ground up but...  it's not really an important scene, was just using it to test more stuff, so I rather not use more time on it considering it is working.

The old Fluidos has scaling problems with diffuse particles. This was fixed in Fluidos II, but the behavior of the particles is some bit different (better, in fact). Set the Diffuse particle's settings to the defaults and/or increase the emission rates (1000 or more). If it doesn't work as you wish, decrease a little the Scaling exponent (to -0.2, for example, but you could decrease it more). 

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,510

What does this error mean?

Loaded a demioscene and hit simulate..

fluidoii.jpg
    545 x 379 - 13K
    Totte said:

What does this error mean?

Loaded a demioscene and hit simulate..

Could you upload the Daz Studio log file to take a look at it, please?

edited December 2019

Do you want to run a simulation for a still image and don't want a long series of previous frames in the scene?

Then, use stabilization steps. You'll get only one baked frame, the frame 0.

See the video

Post edited by Alberto on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,837
    edited December 2019

Could you briefly describe, how to use the example scenes.

I have opened scene 2, has run simulation, but nothing happened after the simulation finished.

There was no change at all to the starting mesh.

Post edited by Artini on

Could these simulation steps be somehow automated, to just run some FLUIDOS II script and get the output mesh?

First example (liquid):
    1. Prepare a folder where the simulator can save the fluid simulation files, anywhere you wish. A
    fast drive (as SSD) may enhance performance when rendering.
    2. Create a new scene.
    3. Insert a Fluidos Domain (menu Create – New Fluidos Domain and Accept).
    4. Insert a sphere primitive (0.6 m diameter is a good option).
    5. Parent the sphere to the Fluidos Domain.
    6. Move the sphere to the center of the Fluidos Domain. Scale the sphere if you wish but avoid to
    fill all the Domain. Don’t scale the domain for now.
    7. In the Parameters tab of the sphere, as it is parented to the Fluidos domain, there are new
    parameters, in the FLUIDOS group. Select Fluid mass in the Object type option.
    8. Select the Fluidos Domain.
    9. In Fluidos Domain Properties (Parameters tab, subgroup FLUIDOS/Main Settings), change the
    number of frames to 30 to obtain one second in the simulation. Let the cell size in 2.50 (cm).
    10. In the same Fluidos Domain Properties, subgroup FLUIDOS/Main Setting, click on Baked files
    folder and select Browse to locate the folder mentioned in the step 1.
    11. Call the simulator (menu Edit – Run Fluid Simulation).
    12. Click Accept in the dialog.
    13. Wait for the simulator to finish (a progress bar is displayed).
    14. Set the inserted sphere to invisible.
    15. Now insert a Fluidos Mesher (menu Create – New Fluidos Mesher and Accept). This must be in
    the same position as the Fluidos domain.
    16. Choose the same Baked files folder (step 10) for the Mesher in Parameters tab, subgroup
    FLUIDOS Mesher/General, as in the step 10.
    17. Set a keyframe at frame 0 in the Timeline. Then, put a second one in frame 30 by setting
    Completion to 100 %.
    18. Set ON Enabled in properties (subgroup FLUIDOS Mesher/General).
    19. You will see a preview. This is intended to get a fast scroll around the Timeline.
    20. The final simulation can be seen by setting OFF the Preview parameter of the Mesher
    (subgroup FLUIDOS Mesher/General).

Artini said:

I have opened scene 2, has run simulation, but nothing happened after the simulation finished.

Try to disabling and reenabling the mesher to refresh it.

Artini said:

Could these simulation steps be somehow automated, to just run some FLUIDOS II script and get the output mesh?

It's pretty difficult to automate something as all steps in the example you listed. The possibilities of settings are very wide and varied so any script as you describe would be too restrictive and so unuseful.

However, the Fluidos Companion add-on can automate some of the steps (for example, the steps 1, 2, 3, 9, 10, 15 16 and 17 could be done in one step with a Companion Wizard).

Alberto said:
    Artini said:

Artini said:

It's pretty difficult to automate something as all steps in the example you listed. The possibilities of settings are very wide and varied so any script as you describe would be too restrictive and so unuseful.

However, the Fluidos Companion add-on can automate some of the steps (for example, the steps 1, 2, 3, 9, 10, 15 16 and 17 could be done in one step with a Companion Wizard).

Do you have some instructions for Companion Wizard?

I have purchased it, too.

Artini said:
    Alberto said:
    Artini said:

Artini said:

Yes, the documentation is inside your folder "Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins\FLUIDOSCompanion" or you can download here: http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/public/read_me/index/57257/57257_fluidos-companion-user-guide.pdf

Alberto said:
    Artini said:

Nice.
    Could you do in FLUIDOS something similar to:
    https://www.daz3d.com/gnbd-honey-vol-1
    and
    https://www.daz3d.com/gnbd-honey-vol-2

Yes!

See this:

Will you be able to release this example for Fluidos II,

or at least give some instructions about how to recreate it in Fluidos II, please?

Alberto said:
    Artini said:
    Alberto said:
    Artini said:

Artini said:

Yes, the documentation is inside your folder "Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\docs\Plugins\FLUIDOSCompanion" or you can download here: http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/public/read_me/index/57257/57257_fluidos-companion-user-guide.pdf

Thanks for the link. All the best for you.

Artini said:
    Alberto said:
    Artini said:

Nice.
    Could you do in FLUIDOS something similar to:
    https://www.daz3d.com/gnbd-honey-vol-1
    and
    https://www.daz3d.com/gnbd-honey-vol-2

Yes!

See this:

Will you be able to release this example for Fluidos II,

or at least give some instructions about how to recreate it in Fluidos II, please?

Of course, just give me only a couple of days, please.

Thanks a lot. Will wait for it, then.

Here it is the honey example:

https://youtu.be/AtYiubFpr_c (the link to the freebie is in the Description in Youtube page)

• now that it's out is there upgrade pricing for those of us that have fluidos 1.x ?

i only got it recently

thanks

frank

• mytheos said:

now that it's out is there upgrade pricing for those of us that have fluidos 1.x ?

i only got it recently

thanks

frank

The PA has indicated that there is no upgrade pricing. However, with DAZ's great refund policy if you got the original Fluidos in the last 30 days you can return it for a full refund 

• Maybe this has been covered and I missed it but what exactly needs to be uninstalled before installuing Fluidos II?

OK, I see that the original Fluidos program needs to be uninstalled; but should I also uninstall the content and tutorial that came with it as seperate files?

I also have Fluidos Companion. Does that need to be unistalled as well?

edited December 2019

Maybe this has been covered and I missed it but what exactly needs to be uninstalled before installuing Fluidos II?

OK, I see that the original Fluidos program needs to be uninstalled; but should I also uninstall the content and tutorial that came with it as seperate files?

I also have Fluidos Companion. Does that need to be unistalled as well?

Fluidos Companion got an update recently, to be compatible with Fluidos II.

Only Fluidos program needs to be uninstalled first and only that, according to Alberto's previous posts.

For me the whole idea of Fluidos is a big puzzle.

I have simulated 2 of the example scenes from Fluidos II and got no change at the end of the simulation.

I have seen the mesh changing during the simulation, but even if I interrupt simulation before the end of it,

I only got the original shape, without any changes - some misunderstanding  from my side.

I have tried a free Nvidia fluid simulation package in Unity and it works so fast, almost real time

and without any troubles I got an animated mesh, that I can easily render.

Why this Fluidos is so complicated, why?

Post edited by Artini on
    Alberto said:

Here it is the honey example:

https://youtu.be/AtYiubFpr_c (the link to the freebie is in the Description in Youtube page)

Thanks a lot for the freebie - much appreciated.

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 574

I've only run a few tests on the sample scenes so far. I'm having an issue that causes the simulation to suddenly disappear in the preview window while playing through the animation. At a random frame, it goes blank and will even disappear at an earlier frame after playing the animation a second time. Any idea what could be causing this?

edited December 2019

Finally got it to work.

my01pic03.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 319K
    Post edited by Artini on
    Quasar said:

I've only run a few tests on the sample scenes so far. I'm having an issue that causes the simulation to suddenly disappear in the preview window while playing through the animation. At a random frame, it goes blank and will even disappear at an earlier frame after playing the animation a second time. Any idea what could be causing this?

What are you meaning for blank? is the Viewport blank? Or the mesher doesn't show the geometry?

Try to disable and enable again the mesher to refresh (it lost the count of baked frames when it's enabled during running a simulation with more frames than the previous one).

Let me know, please, if this doesn't solve the problem.

Alberto said:
    Quasar said:

What are you meaning for blank? is the Viewport blank? Or the mesher doesn't show the geometry?

Try to disable and enable again the mesher to refresh (it lost the count of baked frames when it's enabled during running a simulation with more frames than the previous one).

Let me know, please, if this doesn't solve the problem.

By blank, I mean that the liquid mesh disappears in the viewport at frame 11 or so. The Fluid Domain is still showing. I turned preview off to see the full resolution mesh and it disappears too. When I render the frames with no mesh, it doesn't show in the render either. Disabling the mesher didn't help.

Now I see that I was loading the water ball drop scene file that came with Fluidos 1. After loading the water ball scene file that came with Fluidos 2, the entire animation plays through fine. Is there a compatibility issue with the older scenes? Another strange thing that happened with the older scene is it was only simulating 30 frames even though the domain is default set to 60 frames at 60 frames per second. I had to change the timeline FPS to 60 to get it to simulate all 60 frames. The cell size for the old scene is 1.5 instead of 2 like the new one. I haven't compared all the other settings between the two.

Quasar said:

Now I see that I was loading the water ball drop scene file that came with Fluidos 1. After loading the water ball scene file that came with Fluidos 2, the entire animation plays through fine. Is there a compatibility issue with the older scenes?

No, Fluidos II can run older scenes. However, the results are not identical.

Was the preview disabled in the mesher?

If you wish, you could send me the log file to check it (they're in the logs folder in your selected Baked files folder, there is one for each simulation).

Quasar said:

Another strange thing that happened with the older scene is it was only simulating 30 frames even though the domain is default set to 60 frames at 60 frames per second. I had to change the timeline FPS to 60 to get it to simulate all 60 frames. The cell size for the old scene is 1.5 instead of 2 like the new one. I haven't compared all the other settings between the two.

In fact, the Fluidos v1.3 scene 1 and the Fluidos II scene 1 aren't the same, it wasn't intended so. They're only similar.

edited December 2019
    Alberto said:

Not at first when I ran the simulation. I had the mesher entirely disabled until after the sim. Then I turned it on and could see the preview mesh fine until about frame 11. Then I turned off the preview and could see the final mesh until it disappeared at the same frame as the preview. However, I just tried to simulate the scene again since the one for Fluidos 2 worked fine. This time, I selected the option to erase baked files and now the whole simulation for the Fluidos 1 water ball scene is working fine too. I guess it turned out to be user error. Thanks for being here to help us out with this though.

Post edited by Quasar on
    Quasar said:
    Alberto said:

Not at first when I ran the simulation. I had the mesher entirely disabled until after the sim. Then I turned it on and could see the preview mesh fine until about frame 11. Then I turned off the preview and could see the final mesh until it disappeared at the same frame as the preview. However, I just tried to simulate the scene again since the one for Fluidos 2 worked fine. This time, I selected the option to erase baked files and now the whole simulation for the Fluidos 1 water ball scene is working fine too. I guess it turned out to be user error. Thanks for being here to help us out with this though.

You're welcome.

Create your own clouds

This is an easy task with FLUIDOS II.

First, create a Domain and add the objects that will give the shape to the cloud(s). Here, I put four spheres parented to the Domain. 

The Domain properties used are shown in the image.

As there is Number of frames = 0 and Stabilization steps = 100, I won't get an animation, only one frame with the final shape.

Vorticity confinement is set to 10 because it will give some diffusion to the smoke simulation.

Jitter factor is set to 1.00 to avoid the particles be grouped in the cells forming some gride appearance.

I disabled OpenCL because the plugin run faster so in my system (old GPU). Use the better option for your system.

All the spheres have the following properties:

The temperature was set to -10 ºC to allow some downward movement of the particles. You can set another temperature, only try to set a different temperature than the Ambiental (25 ºC, the default in the Domain).

Add a mesher for Fluid Particles. I set the size to 500 (Disable the limits in parameter settings to get values above 100)

For the Mesher, I used the Fluidos II Smoke 01 Iray shader. And changed to white the Refraction color and the Base color. If you want another color for the cloud, set in the Refraction color.

Next, enable the mesher and run the simulation. You could cancel if you are satisfied with the shape before the plugin concludes the 100 steps.

Here is the result (Sky and Sun only Environment mode):

Here, for more detail, I set the Refraction weight to 0.8:

Here, the Emission color of the shader was set to white and the Luminance to 5000

If you wish more particles without decreasing the cell size, you could use Diffuse particles (set enable in the Domain before running the simulation). The Diffuse particles follow loosely the principal particles and the plugin can create quickly larger numbers of diffuse particles.

Here, diffuse particles are added to the fluid particles, using another mesher with the same properties and shader than the first one (Emission color set to black again):

You could instead use a Fluid mesh mesher type. Here is this mesher with the Fluidos II Smoke 04 Iray shader applied. This mesher renders faster.

For this mesher I used a subdivision level 1.5 in the simulation to get some more detail. Yo don't have to redo the simulation. Only set the subdivision level to 1.5 and choose Continue saved state with Number of frames 0 and no stabilization steps. This way, only the last frame will be reconstructed.

You can use any other shader, if you wish. Here I used the OSO Master shader1: (applied the Base OMS1 Cloud Highlights + Overlay OMS1 Cloud Core + Volume OMS1 Clear)

You can animate these clouds if you wish (by setting some Number of frames in Domain). Add one or more forces (Directional, Flow, etc).

Any object with closed mesh could be transformed 

This is an animation of the cloud:

Wow, these clouds looks really cool. Will have to try to make them myself.