FLUIDOS II for Daz Studio - update 2.2 [commercial]

Comments

• Chohole said:

How long does it take to get a serial number after purchase?

Have you checked in your account dashboard/serial numbers   https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers

I did and I only have numbers for Fluidos I.

Hmmm... I'm having the same issue. I bought it a few hours ago, downloaded and installed it. Still nothing. I just submitted a ticket about it.

• Leana said:
    Leana said:
    FirePro9 said:

FYI: Today PC+ Members Only--Get 20% OFF your entire order when you use coupon code:  LUVIN-THE-PC

With this coupon Fluidos II =  $67.18

Also, 10% off gift cards + 20% off (LUVIN-THE-PC) = 28% off 

So, buy a $68 gift card for $48 and you can buy Fluidos II for essentially $50.

How to a use a gift card for myself?

Give your own address as recipient so you receive the card code, then redeem that code.

i know that. i'm talking about adding money to the card (like how much money do i need to add and will that mean i have to spend more just to save an extra 10% on checkout?)

Fluidos II with the intro discount and the LUVIN-THE-PC coupon (which is multi-uses) is 67.18$, so you would need a gift card for at least 68$ if you don't have store credit already.

A 68$ gc should be $48.96 in the cart with the 10% off and the LUVIN-THE-PC coupon.

Once you've redeemed it you can buy Fluidos II with the store credit you have (don't forget to use coupon again).

Basically you spend 49$ of real money to get the product.

It worked!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,844

Same here. Daz has provided second serial number for Fluidos, but not Fluidos II.

And I thought, I will try simulate something in Fluidos II right away...

Really dissapointed.

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382
    SimonJM said:

I now seem to have 2 x FluidOS licence codes and none for FlyuidOS II.  Tried both, but neither work to register FluidOS II

Chohole said:

Have you checked in your account dashboard/serial numbers   https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers

Hmmm... I'm having the same issue. I bought it a few hours ago, downloaded and installed it. Still nothing. I just submitted a ticket about it.

Did you uninstall Fluidos v1.3 (they cannot work side by side)? Uninstall only the "Fluidos for Daz Studio" v1.3 plugin. On the other hand, the old contents are compatible with the new version.

The serial numbers of Fluidos II contain a "020" at the eight position (this indicates the version 2) instead of "010".

• Artini said:

Same here. Daz has provided second serial number for Fluidos, but not Fluidos II.

And I thought, I will try simulate something in Fluidos II right away...

Really dissapointed.

Got a non working serial number too ...

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    Alberto said:
    SimonJM said:

I now seem to have 2 x FluidOS licence codes and none for FlyuidOS II.  Tried both, but neither work to register FluidOS II

Chohole said:

Did you uninstall Fluidos v1.3 (they cannot work side by side)? Uninstall only the "Fluidos for Daz Studio" v1.3 plugin. On the other hand, the old contents are compatible with the new version.

The serial numbers of Fluidos II contain a "020" at the eight position (this indicates the version 2) instead of "010".

Nope, both have 010

Alberto said:
    SimonJM said:

Chohole said:

I have tried to change "010" to "020" in the serial number I have received from Daz after purchase of FLUIDOS II, but Daz Studio does not accept it.

Thanks for letting me know, that the first version need to be uninstalled, first.

edited November 2019

Has anyone received a working version of serial number for FLUIDOS II, yet?

Post edited by Artini on
  • JuselJusel Posts: 12
    edited November 2019

The some problem here, no serial for Fluidos II

Post edited by Jusel on
    edited November 2019
    SimonJM said:
    Alberto said:
    SimonJM said:

Chohole said:

Nope, both have 010

This is wrong. Submit a ticket to DAZ, please.

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Artini said:
    Alberto said:
    SimonJM said:

Chohole said:

I have tried to change "010" to "020" in the serial number I have received from Daz after purchase of FLUIDOS II, but Daz Studio does not accept it.

Thanks for letting me know, that the first version need to be uninstalled, first.

No, don't change the serial number. They gave you an erroneous one.

Submit a ticket, please.

Post edited by Alberto on
    Artini said:

I'd like to know if anyone has a valid FLUIDOS II serial number, please.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    Alberto said:
    SimonJM said:
    Alberto said:
    SimonJM said:

Chohole said:

Nope, both have 010

Artini said:
    Alberto said:
    SimonJM said:

Chohole said:

Submit a ticket, please.

Ahead of you - already done smiley

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063
    edited November 2019
    Alberto said:
    Artini said:

I'd like to know if anyone has a valid FLUIDOS II serial number, please.

Just checked - and the answer is no. I'll submit a ticket, but unless they can sort these yet today we probably won't get a fix until Monday at the earliest.

ETA: Ticket submitted.

Post edited by namffuak on
    Alberto said:
    SimonJM said:
    Alberto said:
    SimonJM said:

Chohole said:

Nope, both have 010

Artini said:
    Alberto said:
    SimonJM said:

Chohole said:

Submit a ticket, please.

I have already did that, but has received just a confirmation e-mail from Daz - not the fix for the problem.

Artini said:
    Alberto said:
    SimonJM said:
    Alberto said:
    SimonJM said:

Chohole said:

Nope, both have 010

Artini said:
    Alberto said:
    SimonJM said:

Chohole said:

Submit a ticket, please.

I have already did that, but has received just a confirmation e-mail from Daz - not the fix for the problem.

I reported the problem to DAZ, anyway.

• just checked mine and it’s a fluidos 1 serial, not the one for fluidos 2.

• iSeeThisiSeeThis Posts: 552

Count me. I have no serial code for version 2, too. So disappointed.

edited December 2019

I'm sorry about that. 

I have no control over the serial numbers, only DAZ could resolve this issue.

Probably, they won't fix the problem before next Monday.

So, I could give you a temporary solution, a trial version valid until December 4th. This fix is for Win64 only (if anyone wants a fix for macOS version, let me know, please)

If you don't feel comfortable with moving and copying files inside the folder where Daz Studio is installed (\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\), better wait for the Serial Number.

It was solved.

Instructions:

1. Install the Fluidos II plugin (don't forget to uninstall Fluidos v1.3 before)
    2. Go to your folder "\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins" (where Daz Studio is installed). Move the abFluidosII.dll to another site in your disk drive (it's your backup). Don't touch anything else.
    3. Download the following zip: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iggJyo6QbLTvrMGzOiHlSdpIcvnYJPFn
    4. Extract the abFluidosII.dll and copy this to  "\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins" 
    5. Start Daz Studio. Fluidos II should be available.

When you receive your correct Serial Number:

1. Don't try to activate the trial. It doesn't work.
    2. Copy the backup again to the  "\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins"  folder, replacing the trial abFluidosII.dll (or you can simply uninstall Fluidos II and reinstall again).
    3. Activate the plugin with the Serial Number.
    Post edited by Alberto on
  • metasidemetaside Posts: 175
    edited November 2019

Seriously, no upgrade options for people who bought Fluidos I and additional content for Fluidos? Extremely disappointing, especially if you bought Fluidos more or less recently. Gonna give this one a pass and use other programs for it instead.

Post edited by metaside on
  • Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

I'll pass this, too because of the price.

Fluido is for me just "nice to have", but not realy needed.

Maybe I consider of getting it, if there's a deal with over 70% discount... but only maybe.

For Blender there are much better simulations for much less money. surprise

• iSeeThisiSeeThis Posts: 552

The pricing is wrong. He will get more money for less price.

But the ecosystem is right. Everybody seems to wait for particle system here. I pay because it's more convenient for my job.

What I don't understand is, what are DAZ people doing. Where are our serial# till now?

• surodysurody Posts: 261

I'll be honest here, I don't think the price is justified. Especially if someone takes a glimpse at the indirect competition (looking at Blender Flip Fluids).
    I can comprehent the thought process of putting a high price tag on it but it's not how economy works.
    There's a so called "break-even-point" in the economy, which is the optimum point where offer and demand meet and I think with such a high price tag (especially without a upgrade reduction for existing customers) you will just harm yourself more than it helps you.

• SimonJM said:

I have the same issue. I've got a support ticket in but haven't heard anything on it

• SimonJM said:

I have the same issue. I've got a support ticket in but haven't heard anything on it

Alberto has contacxted daz about this, which seems to affect all purchasers, and they will prsumably fix it - though of course with the Thanksgiving holiday it may not be fixed immediately.

surody said:

I'll be honest here, I don't think the price is justified. Especially if someone takes a glimpse at the indirect competition (looking at Blender Flip Fluids).
    I can comprehent the thought process of putting a high price tag on it but it's not how economy works.
    There's a so called "break-even-point" in the economy, which is the optimum point where offer and demand meet and I think with such a high price tag (especially without a upgrade reduction for existing customers) you will just harm yourself more than it helps you.

Thank you for share your thoughts. I appreciate this.

I only want to remark that the price of Blender Flip Fluids is $76 and it's in sale only a few times in the year (25 % off). You know that DAZ sales are more frequent and with much higher discounts.

Moreover, Blender Flip Fluids, although a great software, don't simulate Smoke nor Volumetric fire.

I did my best to improve every single feature of the plugin. Fluidos II is way superior to Fluidos v1.3. 

I made the effort to maintain the compatibility of FLUIDOS II with the FLUIDOS presets and the Fluidos Companion.

Fluidos II is not simply Fluidos with more features. Fluidos II is completely reformed in the inside. And will be free updates with substantial additions.

gerster said:

For Blender there are much better simulations for much less money. surprise

I don't think so surprise.

• I love how people say "x" is a better option than Fluidos II without even trying it out... can I say FLIP Fluids is better for the price? I don't know! It looks cool in the store but I haven't used it nor Fluidos II (yet, waiting for that serial number).  Like it has been mentioned already, Daz prices almost never are the price most people buy the stuff. I certainly did not get it for 83$, much less 119.95$. And if, let's assume, the liquid simulation is a bit better there, I still think the price is fair considering it is a native solution inside Daz. The day most of my work is in Blender then I'll consider options in Blender. Or if there really is a way better and cheaper option (which I doubt).

Personally, I was going to wait to buy it because looking at the promos I really couldn't tell how much better than Fluidos 1.3 it is, but the comparison images posted here convinced me 100%. In fact, Alvin, I feel you'd really benefit from having comparison pictures on the product page. As someone already using Fluidos, I really can't see why not upgrade and yes, without any extra Fluidos owner discount. 

• metasidemetaside Posts: 175
    edited November 2019

As someone already using Fluidos, I really can't see why not upgrade and yes, without any extra Fluidos owner discount. 

Does that mean there is an upgrade option for existing customers now?

Also @surody: thank you so much for the hint with Blender Flip Fluids! That looks so so so awesome! And Blender already has good native smoke and fire simulation options imho. That will do just fine for my purposes.

Post edited by metaside on
  • metaside said:

As someone already using Fluidos, I really can't see why not upgrade and yes, without any extra Fluidos owner discount. 

Does that mean there is an upgrade option for existing customers now?

No, I meant getting it yourself if you are already using Fluidos, it is an upgrade.

• I still want to know about the install process. That is the break or make question for me.

The previous version took so much finagling to get it functional.

• mazinkaiserzeromazinkaiserzero Posts: 177
    edited November 2019

I still want to know about the install process. That is the break or make question for me.

The previous version took so much finagling to get it functional.

Hmm... Did you try Fluidos when it was just released or have you tried to install it recently? In the beginning, it had its problems but iirc I just installed version 1.3 directly with the IM, activated the plugin like any other plugin and that's it. That seems to be also the case with Fluidos II but with the serial number issue I haven't been able to activate it yet. You also have to remove Fluidos 1.3 if you are going to install Fluidos 2.

Post edited by mazinkaiserzero on