Genesis 8 in Carrara

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited November 2019

did it and all the morphs are deleted.... wink

Thanks for trying!

oh, i see, not all the morph sliders do anything, Victoria 8 works, but like body peaer shape isn't.  Bummer

guess only way is to figure out how to inject those pollies into the Actor array.

and it's not the morph part of v8 working, it's only the scaling.  go figure  doh.

sorry folks, can't find a way to modify morph area inside carrara

tried with the duplicate feature in the morph tab, but i don't know how, is all trial and error. 
    The copy paste thru notepad seems to be the only repliable way right now.

g8f is like totally frankensteined. 
    G8Male doesn't have that extra Actor group. He doesn't have the region map like she does.

morph area duplicate.png
    255 x 307 - 32K
    Post edited by Mistara on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

Odd UVMapping, but it works

I was just playing around with Misty's G8F preset.  Selected the actor and entered the vertex modeler.  When I went to the UVMapping tab, the torso, arms, and legs have been moved off the center grid.  Yet, when I load a torso map on to the shader domain of the figure torso, it all matches up fine.  

It works, so no worries.  But seems strange.

mistys g8 preset uvmap.jpg
    1787 x 897 - 212K
    mistys g8 preset torso map applied.jpg
    1234 x 979 - 106K

uv maps has that layering thing going on.  i forgotten the fancy word for it

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198

@Mystiarra Fantastic effort - thanks for all your hard work on this.

For comparison, here is the G2F uvmap room for all shader domains and for just the torso.  Different from G8F above.  Here, the G2F torso uvmap is centered on the grid overlapping all of the others.  Notice that in the screenshot above, the torso UVs are not on the grid, they are off to the right.

uvmap g2f 02.jpg
    1654 x 813 - 135K
    uvmap g2f 03.jpg
    1544 x 828 - 125K

Sci Fi Funk said:

@Mystiarra Fantastic effort - thanks for all your hard work on this.

+1 and many more +1s.  

thanks smiley.

next trick, a doozie.  welding on those pro bits so there seemless

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

Mystiarra said:

thanks smiley.

My workaround for this issue is to asemble my character in studio with the pro bits attatched, pose the figure the way I need, then export the figure as an obj using the Carrara preset in the obj export options, to be rendered in Carrara using Octane or Carrara native renderer.  If I need a poseable figure then I will export as fbx 

still not having luck with the g8 morphs on 8.1

mebbe, instead of copying all the morphs to the 81 dolder, put the 8.1 dsf file in the 8.0 folder

sucks is a different file path, cant just search and replace 8_1 with 8, needs a path change too.

omg JUST saw the cutest promo, LUISA G8
    i dont usually go gaga for a g8f, but this is like making me want to eat fingerbuns and cupcakes.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited April 2021

ProPose said:

Mystiarra said:

thanks smiley.

My workaround for this issue is to asemble my character in studio with the pro bits attatched, pose the figure the way I need, then export the figure as an obj using the Carrara preset in the obj export options, to be rendered in Carrara using Octane or Carrara native renderer.  If I need a poseable figure then I will export as fbx 

If I export an fbx of eg, Misty's G3, I get skin and scale errors and figure is not visible. I can only export as object.How do you do it? 

surprise Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on

SileneUK said:

ProPose said:

Mystiarra said:

thanks smiley.

If I export an fbx of eg, Misty's G3, I get skin and scale errors and figure is not visible. I can only export as object.How do you do it? 

surprise Silene

work around for the pro bits, use a proxy.  load a underwear, conform to g3, load the pro bit, conform it to the underwear. make the underwear invisible.  if the underwear has the support morph, it should flow down.  if not manually dial the morph on the pro bit.  you might have to create the morph asset from ds.  the underwear doesnt need the actual morph, it needs a file name of the morph in the data folder.

another way is to open the geometry file of the pro bit and edit the text out for the geograft.  its in the geometry section.  without the geograft verts it turns into a regular conforming body part.

i tried conforming the g3m man bit to g8m, seemed to work, but i didnt try any morphs.

the base proglem is getting the geografts to weld to the target figure. 

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,227
    edited April 2021

Mystiarra said:

i dont usually go gaga for a g8f, but this is like making me want to eat fingerbuns and cupcakes.

Wow. Agreed! :)

I couldn't help but fall for Syph too! (same artist)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Dartanbeck said:

Mystiarra said:

Wow. Agreed! :)

I couldn't help but fall for Syph too! (same artist)

cute.  i should take another look at the vendor's store 

edited April 2021

Many of his characters come with a Geoshell bodysuit of some kind - like Syph comes with an Amazing Alita cyberbody!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

The Geoshell comes with a trans map, which I've tweaked in order to layer it onto Veronica Wr8th

In the process, I changed the neckline a bit and really powered up the normal map

I mean - layer the Alita bodysuit textures onto Veronica Wr8th, since I didn't even attempt to try the geoshell in Carrara. I really didn't need it.

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

SileneUK said:

ProPose said:

Mystiarra said:

thanks smiley.

surprise Silene

If you need a fbx figure you need only the default G3F/M figure loaded in D/S and directly export it to the needed format.

THanks everyone! broken heart Dart, you are so in love with Alita!  laughangel  SIlene

SileneUK said:

THanks everyone! broken heart Dart, you are so in love with Alita!  laughangel  SIlene

I really like Alita... she's Very Cool!

But no...  heart I Love My Rose! heart

Vyusur said:

SileneUK said:

ProPose said:

Mystiarra said:

thanks smiley.

surprise Silene

If you need a fbx figure you need only the default G3F/M figure loaded in D/S and directly export it to the needed format.

I forgot to mention...the exported fbx G3 Or G8 with the pro bits attached, does not come into Carrara straight out of Daz,  I import the fbx into 3dxchange and without any modifications I export as fbx from 3dxchange which loads nicely into Carrara.  Mind you the scale is off so I resize the rest of the scene to fit the figure.  While in 3dxchange I can apply any of my iclone motions and export those as bvh which I can then use in Carrara

I don't see the need to export Misty's G3 as fbx cause Janette works in Carrara as is.  As far as working with the pro bits on Janette,  Well that's a whole different work flow.

Just thinking outside the box - I wonder if one could import geograft bits, resize and fit manually to the zero pose, then use VWD to keep it attached?

I've never tried VWD with a 0.00 offset. Not even sure we can.

I'm glad I don't have to worry about such things! 

cant decide if i want to hang on to my v4 clothing content.  i'm on a prject to convert all my poser content to carrara or get rid of it.  dunno if i save v4 dress to carrara file, if autofits will still work on it

i'm saving a few v4 skins to use on genesis.  i'm ready to retire her and mike4.
    having a hard time letting go of my favorite David 3s.  i'm spoiled now by the face rigging. expressions and face sculpting is easier.  and now i have vyusur's male figure.  found a hottie for vlad.  cant pronounce it tho.  Lootzee.  

Mystiarra said:

cant decide if i want to hang on to my v4 clothing content.  i'm on a prject to convert all my poser content to carrara or get rid of it.  dunno if i save v4 dress to carrara file, if autofits will still work on it

i'm saving a few v4 skins to use on genesis.  i'm ready to retire her and mike4.
    having a hard time letting go of my favorite David 3s.  i'm spoiled now by the face rigging. expressions and face sculpting is easier.  and now i have vyusur's male figure.  found a hottie for vlad.  cant pronounce it tho.  Lootzee.  

I have this RSSY product below, but with eye issues have not tried it out yet. I have a lot of V&M 4 stuff (came out when I joined/signed on) and some of it is useful as the clothing is basic and I can add fur/hair to it, etc. But some does not fit well - poke through- when simply using 'fit to in Carrara to Misty G3s'. I used to struggle with fitting to G2!

My question is this, though.  In Carrara I can use clothes before Genesis 3 directly even if a bit of a faff (need to sort poke through etc).  If I apply this product in DS, then I guess I have to do the blended weight dance before using the RSSY converted item in Carrara vs just saving it once applying the converter and using it in Carrara.

https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-clothing-converter-from-generation-4-to-genesis-3

frown  Silene

Sassy girl!!!

Never get rid of your content unless you're returning it. So you don't want to look at it - fine. Don't open that runtime. But it's so essential to have Choice when building new people. Example :

Rosie 5 uses Platina Armor for V3 as her top, ElfAge Light panty, Wildenlander for M3 boots, Genesis arm bands from AoA's Executioner and then wrist armor from Sisterhood for V4 and her skin materials come from V4.  I haven't used those things in years before now!

Dartanbeck said:

Sassy girl!!!

Never get rid of your content unless you're returning it. So you don't want to look at it - fine. Don't open that runtime. But it's so essential to have Choice when building new people. Example :

Rosie 5 uses Platina Armor for V3 as her top, ElfAge Light panty, Wildenlander for M3 boots, Genesis arm bands from AoA's Executioner and then wrist armor from Sisterhood for V4 and her skin materials come from V4.  I haven't used those things in years before now!

Misty, When I did my last rebuild,I just 'hid' many old items in DIM so I did not have to download and install them to clutter my content views when in Carrara. For stuff rarely or not currently being used from the other sites, I jdid not reinstall them, but kept the zips in a 'not installed' folder by category, eg clothes, props, landscapes, etc. I know sthat ometime as Dart says, I might want that item, I just don't want it crowding my content folders whilst working with items I use more often!  If I forget I own it, it will say on DS and other sites that I do. This is especially true for CGT items I get for props.  I also have Carrara content I have built that is 'old' and clunky and do not use, but they are saved in a folder called Not In Browser. They are there if I need them, or want to kitbash and update them.

Save everything!!  heartyes  Silene

i saved the zip files to my external drive.  everything in my runtimes needs tweaking. i bought poser 11, havent tried it yet.  dont want to distract from my movie.
    theres a couple of v4 m4 skins i'll use on g2.  never actually used the #4 ufvs on g2, no idea if it looks good. 
    save a few hairs i feel nostalgic about.  ones with braids in it. 
    is there a way to do braids in carrara dyn hair?

saving sets to carrara.  all the ant farm, old faveral. nightshift, kibaretto, merlin
    making a dedicated library of food and furniture. 
    sorting out weapons by type.   

mebbe some old  v4 clothes will look renewed with some pbr shaders.
    i was looking a whole bunch of new pbr add on texture sets for daz outfits.  amazing looking.  never saw them before last night.

do you save your g characters as stanalone figures in carrara?

strip out unused morphs.  i'll need some breathing simulation morphs, flexes, throat movement,
    the pre face rigged ones need expression morphs. 

face rig changed everything.  i can still use the clothes on g3, g8.

i need to get busy with the hd morph plug in.  start setting them up.  tear myself away from playing with thdri domes.  its like pistachios, cant stop. lol. mann i blew some moola on hdri sets.  iwth the sales got em for like 10bbux a set.  some of them only came with 5.  doh.  anything by DimenstionT is worth it.    my eyes cant see a difference between a 4k and a 16k.  hdri makes a big diff to how the pbr shaders look.  some look dull and lifeless.  some are so vibrant is like woah!

need a fresh cuppa to get started today.  one last browse of the sale. check out the cuties.

edited April 2021

Yes, I save my characters as Carrara ones, especially my Neanderthals as they take a lot of face work. Not just to be a Neanderthal but to not all look the same as well.

Go down to about the 14th post where I posted the cornrows product. I thought it was Wendy who ID'd it as being Diversity by Naomi. But I seem to have posted it. Hmmmm.  I never did get a change to try and make braided guides.  I haven't a clue how Naomi managed to twist the cornrows so well... unless it was done with a script of some kind?  No clue at all as it is very precise.  

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/279711/off-topic-thread/p8

Way back I did a short bob of Carrara hair and used the clump tool to mould it to the head a bit, then tagged on a braid kit-bashed from someplace and made my own bones for it.  It looked OK for what I needed at the time when working with M4.

frown  Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on

I'd just like to let you (Silene) know that, if you right-click on the date on the left of any given post, except the first one in a thread, we can copy the web link and we now have a link directly to that post ;)   Thought you should know :)

Wow! That is Cool Hair! Here's how she did that - I think:

1. When painting down guide hairs, use symmetry
    2. Do each row (painstakingly) of two guide hairs wide and follow the arc of the head how the cornrow should be
    3. Use the Kink tool to scrunch them
    4. ...and I'd bet that she also used kink in the shader as well

That must have taken some time to make! I should talk. I spent months working out Rosie's layers of hair. But that was simple (Carrara hair-wise) compared to this work of ultimate tedium! Great Job Naomi!!! 

On that note, those hair modelers, like Naomi, really do some amazing things with ribbons of mesh. Every once in a while I load in a hair product that just boggles my mind at how long it must have taken!