Genesis 8 in Carrara

Genesis 8 in Carrara....sort of.  I just got the Character Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 3 Female.  I don't own too many G8F characters, but the ones I have converted to G3F which I then load onto Janette.  Works like a charm so far. 

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Good to know.  Thanks.  

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
    ProPose said:

Genesis 8 in Carrara....sort of.  I just got the Character Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 3 Female.  I don't own too many G8F characters, but the ones I have converted to G3F which I then load onto Janette.  Works like a charm so far. 

• cobuspcobusp Posts: 302
    ProPose said:

I thought Genesis characters only work properly up to version 2 in Carrara. So what does a G8 to G3 conversion help?

• Here's the Yeti for G8M in Carrara. I just need to get him some Carrara fur. Fortunately he comes with hair density maps that should be very useful. 

Yeti.png
    2000 x 1500 - 535K
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,660

Here's the Yeti for G8M in Carrara. I just need to get him some Carrara fur. Fortunately he comes with hair density maps that should be very useful. 

Looking good !!!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,660
    cobusp said:
    ProPose said:

I thought Genesis characters only work properly up to version 2 in Carrara. So what does a G8 to G3 conversion help?

With Misty's presets both Genesis 3 & Genesis 8 can be used in Carrara, although clothing & hair needs to be converted to Blended Weight in DAZ Studio.

G8 to G3 allows greater flexability in the work-flow, plus the Genesis 8 female has a little toe issue.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795
    cobusp said:
    ProPose said:

With Misty's presets both Genesis 3 & Genesis 8 can be used in Carrara, although clothing & hair needs to be converted to Blended Weight in DAZ Studio.

G8 to G3 allows greater flexability in the work-flow, plus the Genesis 8 female has a little toe issue.

hmmm.... idea for a wacky model.... devil

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

what if they created the morph using symmetry and what if G8f toes aren't perfectly symetry.
    how to test that tho 

there's no geometry for left and right toes, is all in 1 feet group

• Will 'MistyLaraCarrara' JCM support?
    I saw a video of Renderosity but couldn't confirm it

edited October 2019

Will 'MistyLaraCarrara' JCM support?
    I saw a video of Renderosity but couldn't confirm it

it is connected to the morphs folder. non-hd jcms are hooked up.  tested many of the pose controls so far so good.

the hd jcms won't work.  for example stephanie 8 elbows are only in the hd format.  would need some loving from the hd plugin to get it working.  hd has a differemt file extention, carrara reads .dsf morphs  hd morphs are .dh somethin somethin.

cant just copy an existing morph would have to make one from scratch.

Post edited by Mistara on

comaring leftand right bigtoe2 to try and guess why one works and one don't

found a gratuitous underscore, doesn't eem to make a diff tho

analyzed the scale weights,  hard to tell what it means  lol grasping at straws
    found 25 instances where the number order didn;t match up.

suspecting g8f may not be perfectly symmetrical. 

it has to be something carrara reads differently than ds

they read the internal names differently

g8f lbigtoe2.JPG
    351 x 184 - 21K
    g8f rbigtoe2.JPG
    364 x 194 - 22K
    g9f scaling order.JPG
    783 x 581 - 124K
  • When using GenesisX with Carrara,  I can use 'BVH / PZ2 Exporter' I am rewriting the bone name  labelname to IDname,
    Animation can be exported to PZ2 file by passing Pose  Clip to ’CR2_Genesis'

Discovered many mysterious differences
    ID               name         label
    lCarpal2-1  lCarpal2  Left Carpal 2

rCarpal2    rCarpal2  Right Carpal 2

lCarpal2   lCarpal4   Left Carpal 4

rCarpal4   rCarpal4  Right Carpal 4

lLipCorver   lLipCorner   Left Lip Corner

rLipCorner  rLipCorner   Right Lip Corner

lNoseBirdge   lNasolabialUpper   Left Nasolabial Upper

rNasolabialUpper   rNasolabialUpper   Right Nasolabial Upper

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800

Yes they missnamed the nodes thats what crashes Carrara and what Misty fixed in her preset

welcome to typos.

also the tongue parts needed fixing.

The triax G8F is made, naming her Jeanette.  putting her thru some poses.  triax didn't fix the toes i'm afraid.  the toe corrective morph works only in DS. weird.

showing her in default and with the Layla head and body morph.

want to try and make some carrara eyelashes for her

g8f triax Jeanette.png
    962 x 1800 - 191K
    g8f triax jeanette-layla.jpg
    962 x 1800 - 61K
    jeanette triax layla mrph.JPG
    958 x 657 - 119K
    g8f triax jeanette.JPG
    985 x 621 - 108K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

What you have to remember is that you don't have a perfect Genesis 8 conversion,  you've a degraded Genesis 8  that is now missing some of the stuff that makes it Genesis 8, and is pretty much a morphed Genesis 2

Chohole said:

What you have to remember is that you don't have a perfect Genesis 8 conversion,  you've a degraded Genesis 8  that is now missing some of the stuff that makes it Genesis 8, and is pretty much a morphed Genesis 2

Uh not really 

yes missing some of the functions of DAZ studio that are unique to DAZ studio but certainly has all the weightmapping of Genesis 8 (with flaws on toes exaggerated) it is I dare say more functional than an FBX export to 3D studio Max or Maya for example as you can actually access your DAZ library on the fly.

Chohole said:

could you give some specifics?  thanks.  mebbe is something workable.
    wink
    separate eyebrows and eyelashes?  and 1 array of weights compared to 5, 
    verses g2,
    3 and 8 has face rigging and lower polly. 
    2 Enhancements i appreciate. and can benefit from in carrara 

imo, negattive enhancements,
    g8 has nostril glow and weird stuff in the toe nail bed geometry
    the mats library makes a deep V down the back.  would've liked v4 uvs without geoshells

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Mystarra said:
    Chohole said:

wink
    verses g2,

the mats library makes a deep V down the back.  would've liked v4 uvs without geoshells

I can't help you with specifics,  because, as you may remember,  I use Bryce,  and I use poser as a plugin to get my Daz products into Bryce.   But I do know that the latest Genesis figures are not supported by Poser.  And it is the same reason why they won't work in Carrara.

Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:
    Chohole said:

wink
    verses g2,

I can't help you with specifics,  because, as you may remember,  I use Bryce,  and I use poser as a plugin to get my Daz products into Bryce.   But I do know that the latest Genesis figures are not supported by Poser.  And it is the same reason why they won't work in Carrara.

No it's a different issue 

I am aware of the workarounds for both and have used both and what is needed is entirely different 

hit the first snag in my filtering program idea.

dson automatically decompresses the duf file.  forgot it compressed by default.

don't really want to open ds just to uncompress the duf file.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795

good job Mysty

keep at it yes

thanks, smiley burning the midnight oil. starting to wonder if ds smoothing is playing a part. 

omg got one of the immovable verts moving with a morph !!!  and got a carrara sub group started.

got ta back track, i been deleting and undeleting, the weights branches, one at a time.  the carnage when deleting a scale weight.  

if we had a challenge theme of ouchie, gives new meaning to the term hammer toe. yowch >.<

ca vert moved, carrara branch.JPG
    895 x 573 - 99K
    ca one vert.jpg
    640 x 149 - 9K
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

I sent you a PM, Misty.

haaaaaa?

i selected actor group in the morph dialog, look what pollies didn't highlight  weeeeird

ca look what not highlighted.JPG
    954 x 411 - 82K

here's the right foot, is all as should be

at this point i pretty sure this is the prohlem/

thpse gray pollies arenot in the actor group.  cant find em in any group.  there is another actor group that's only the toe nails.

omg  how is it gonna be possible to fix this with a ds modifier

ca look right toes.JPG
    1010 x 360 - 73K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    Mystarra said:

here's the right foot, is all as should be

at this point i pretty sure this is the prohlem/

thpse gray pollies arenot in the actor group.  cant find em in any group.  there is another actor group that's only the toe nails.

omg  how is it gonna be possible to fix this with a ds modifier

Great detective work.  You are a marvel!

looking for the exact section to fix

here i deleted the maps under region 

so now the trick is to figure what numbers are missing from the maps. and how to inject them
    cuz this is all in the geometry section

look mapsunder region deleted.JPG
    1363 x 457 - 120K

omg  made a new region map.   IT FIXED IT!!!   omg, cant believe it.   now how the heck to put the region map in a preset   dohhhhh

omg new region map.JPG
    1387 x 725 - 153K
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

+1 to Diomede's comment.  Great detective work, Misty!