Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,003
    edited February 2020

Adbc - beautiful abstract

Horo - fantastic renders the anaglyph is awesome.

Thanks for the comments

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,103

mermaid : thank you.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited February 2020

I played around with the character Sydney HD. I transformed the normal map with the tool Materialize into a bump map. Rendered with Premium Effects 16 rpp.

g8sydney_hd_normal_to_bump.jpg
    600 x 800 - 381K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,130
    edited February 2020

mermaid - thank you.

Electro-Elvis - excellent portrait. I've not seen many made with Studio and Iray that are equally awesome. The artist's skill is still more important than the tool used.

Again a terrain generated with the DTE. The sky is a combination of Sunless HDRI Skies and Object Clouds 2D & 3D set. Lit a bit by the sun and mainly by a distant light at the sun position.

Hill Country

HillCountry.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 202K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited February 2020

Slepalex, Horo, Hansmar, and adbc - thank you so much for the comments on my last image.

Got a chance this weekend to re-render the image using the suggestions from Slepalex and Horo. Swapped out the image texture on the cliff with a procedural. Also turned off true ambience and increased the HDR effect which made for better shadowing and and a much more subtle l illumination. Also dropped three hours from the render time. About six hours to render. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Here's the result.

Eagle_Point_2.jpg
    1600 x 600 - 262K
    Post edited by Dan Whiteside on

Dan - overall also a bit warmer. The rock "seat" is much better. Overall, certainly a very noticeable improvement.

Electro-Elvis : awesome portrait.

Horo : excellent scene, beautiful sky and lighting.

Dan : I agree with Horo's comment.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited February 2020

@Horo and adbc: Thanks a lot for your kind comments

@Dan: Overall a beautiful and first class image. I love the building. Still not fully convinced with the stone material of the rock the guy is sitting on. And for my taste the shadow is not dark enough, because for me it looks sunny, but maybe it is one of this bright though overcast winter skies.

@Horo: Great and masterly made landscapes as always. Your landscape from the 10. February is top notch.

@mermaid010: Interesting landscape. Seems to develop from waves in the foreground to mountains in the background. Well done.

@adbc: Beautiful abstract. The Africa scene is also nicely done. Maybe the elephants are in comparison to the giraffe a bit small?

@slepalex: Your landscape with the pond is extraordenarily well done. What a rich vegetation. Chapeau and my respect.

Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911

Maybe it is not that obvious, but the main goal for my image was to create a nice paddock. The rest is gravy :-). Rendered in Regular Mode with IBL. Render time without Antialiasing ca. 3 hours with AA more than 15 (it's because of the transparent grass). The animals are from Daz3D. Trees are Bryce and a few of them in the background are from the Vegetation package.

It reminded me of my old 2010 job at Bryce 5.

___

And yes, in this case it is not necessary to make the grass transparent. When illuminated with IBL, the grass looks great without transparency. The thing is that you look at the grass from above from the view of the camera. The foliage of trees is a completely different matter. You look at the foliage from the front and from below.

Slepalex, Horo, Hansmar, and adbc - thank you so much for the comments on my last image.

Got a chance this weekend to re-render the image using the suggestions from Slepalex and Horo. Swapped out the image texture on the cliff with a procedural. Also turned off true ambience and increased the HDR effect which made for better shadowing and and a much more subtle l illumination. Also dropped three hours from the render time. About six hours to render. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Here's the result.

The lighting and composition are beautiful. But the stone still leaves much to be desired. Too blurred texture.
    I mean something like that.

stone8428.jpg
    800 x 600 - 163K
    камни.jpg
    800 x 600 - 162K
    заснеженные камни.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 771K
    edited February 2020

Slepalex : another fantastic render.

Electro-Elvis : Thank you for your comment.

I decided to redo the African scene and make the elephants bigger.

African landscape3.jpg
    900 x 498 - 88K
    Post edited by adbc on
    adbc said:

Now much better.
    Your work reminded me of mine, created in 2010 in Bryce 6.

Сезон дождей скоро.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 322K
    Slepalex said:
    adbc said:

Now much better.

edited February 2020

Post edited by Slepalex on
    Slepalex said:
    Slepalex said:
    adbc said:

Now much better.

Slepalex : Awesome scene, very realistic !

Thank you for your comment.

edited February 2020

adbc - thank you. Yes, the elephants look better now.

Electro-Elvis - thank you.

Slepalex - oldies but goldies. I remember The Ranch (image 4486 at byrce5.com). Your elephants at the river look great, I don't remember having seen this one before.

Again a terrain generated with the DTE with a material cobbled together from two different sets and extensive filter adjustments in the DTE. The sky is a combination of HDRI (3bridges), Stratus and Cumulus clouds. The 3D effect for the anaglyph is exaggerated but it looks quite impressive.

High Alpine

High Alpine Anaglyph

HighAlpine.jpg
    1200 x 525 - 187K
    HighAlpineAna.jpg
    1200 x 525 - 262K
    Post edited by Horo on

Electro-Elvis - excellent work, thanks for your comment

Horo - two beautiful renders, love the sky in the Hill Country, I agree the anaglyph is very impressive, love it.

Slepalex - two magnificent renders, beautifully done.

Adbc - the elephants look much better, but I liked the "Baby" elephants too.

Horo : beautiful image, I really like the anaglyph. Thanks for your comment.

mermaid : thank you.

edited February 2020

mermaid - thank you.

adbc - thank you.

Post edited by Horo on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

As I'm way behind, I can't possibly comment on all the super works above, but one thing is for sure, Brycers rock!

Jay

edited February 2020

Jay - thank you anyway laugh.

Again a terrain generated with the DTE (same as isle on page 16), here double stacked with materials adjusted from two different sets. Ambient light and part of the sky by an HDRI, the key light by the sun.

Rock and Sand

RockAndSand.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 298K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo : Like always : awesome terrain landscape.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,757

Some great new terrain renders here!

Horo said:

Jay - thank you anyway laugh.

Again a terrain generated with the DTE (same as isle on page 16), here double stacked with materials adjusted from two different sets. Ambient light and part of the sky by an HDRI, the key light by the sun.

Awesome textures! 

Another awesome beautiful landscape, Horo.

edited February 2020

adbc, Hansmar, Slepalex and mermaid - thank you. 

The camera is inside a transparent and reflecting pyramid, outside is an HDRI that creates the colours. Busy abstract that stimulates the imagination.

Lines and Forms

LinesAndForms.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 402K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    Horo said:

adbc, Hansmar, Slepalex and mermaid - thank you. 

The camera is inside a transparent and reflecting pyramid, outside is an HDRI that creates the colours. Busy abstract that stimulates the imagination.

Lines and Forms

Aaaaaw! I love it.

Wow beautiful abstract, Horo

This discussion has been closed.