Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11

Comments

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,103

Slepalex : fantastic scene, excellent lighting.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,129

Slepalex - really very nicely done realistic looking scene.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,003
    edited February 2020

Slepalex: Beautiful work I agree with the others very realistic.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,757

Horo, adbc, Mermaid010, Thanks for the nice comments.

Mermaid010: Wow, that is a very well made and lit still life and also a good use of depth of view. I love the way the ink pot comes out in this one.

Slepalex: Beautiful light on this scene, both on the mountains and on the campsite. Very well done.

edited February 2020

An experiment with Depth of Field (DOF). Instead of having a part in a certain distance from the camera sharp and what is nearer to and farther away from the camera blurred, the centre or a periphery ring in the scene is focused and everything outside blurred. It's simple to do. I have a 5 page PDF Bryce and 3D CG Documents > Mine > Rendering > DoF and DoF Ring Lens on my website (https://horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/DoF+DRL.pdf).

No DoF

Simple old scene without DoF.

Centre

Centre of image is sharp.

Periphery

A ring around the centre is sharp.

DRLno.jpg
    1200 x 630 - 194K
    DRL00.jpg
    1200 x 630 - 116K
    DRL27.jpg
    1200 x 630 - 114K
    Post edited by Horo on

Very nice examples Horo thanks for the Pdf

edited February 2020

Horo : Very good examples with DOF. Thanks for the link to the tutorial.

I made a new scene, something else, an African landscape. Started green and ended with a dry scene, added some African animals from the net.

African landscape.jpg
    900 x 498 - 89K
    Post edited by Chohole on

Beautiful render Adbc

memaid - thank you.

adbc - thank you. Lovely scene, once the rain falls down from the clouds, there will be green again smiley.

mermaid, Horo : thank you.

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    adbc said:

Horo : Very good examples with DOF. Thanks for the link to the tutorial.

I made a new scene, something else, an African landscape. Started green and ended with a dry scene, added some African animals from the net.

Very good. I especially liked the two-layer clouds. 

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911

Two trees from Bryce and one from Arbaro. The mansion on the left is modeled in Bryce. The church and house on the right are modeled in Wings 3D. Grass modeled in Wings 3D. Flowers in the foreground and the old driftwood in the pond - freebie from the Internet. The duckweed is made of terrain.
    Description of the process here.
    ___

How to correctly name in English this piece of wood, which is in the pond left?
    Version: log, snag, beam, driftwood, wood chip?

Horo: What lovely experiments. I'll have to read the PDF, because this looks like a neat additional option.

adbc: Very nice African scene. Bit dry, but that is Afrika at times. One thing though: the elephants look like mini-elephants if compared to the giraffes and specifically also the zebra's that are further away. I usually put different things coming from internet very close to each other at first to check the relative size and only then move them closer or further.

Slepalex: Really fantastic! the greenery in the foreground makes the scene look so realistic. Very well placed grass and wonderfull use of all kinds of techniques! I think both 'log' (which means kind of a stem of wood laying in the ground or in the water) and driftwood (which basically is wood on the water) are correct in this case. But, I am no native English speaker either. Anyway, a beam is more what you use in a biolding to e.g. support a roof, I would think and wood chip sounds like the spillings you have after chopping wood. Maye a native English speaker is willing to explain more.

Slepalex : Very realistic scene, perfect with all the trees in the back and natural green in the foreground.

Thank you for your comment.

Hansmar : thanks. That's a good tip, next time I'll try to do so. For now I'll leave it that way, baby elephants ..... laugh 

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

Here's one I didn't finish in time for the This Time of Year Challenge, it still needs some tweaking

Render1.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M

adbc: You're welcome.

S Ray: Looks like a nice landscape to be. Good point of view. What causes that strange line at the left (running to the hills further in the back)?

Slepalex - outstanding scene, very detailed and realistic looking.

Hansmar - thank you.

S Ray - pity you couldn't make it to the challenge. Very nice scene.

Slepalex - as always outstanding, beautiful landscape

SRay- interesting looking landscape

SRay : very cool render.

edited February 2020

The Bryce TE is still an excellent tool. It cannot only import and process height maps, it can also use textures created in the DTE. The DTE can create textures up to 4096 in size (takes a while). Unfortunately, those hight maps are only 8-bit. But once in the TE, the texture can be processed and ends up as 16-bit greyscale and most of the steps disapear. The terrain below was generated in the DTE, processed in the TE, exported, finished in TE-Filters and imported back into the TE. The sky is by the ernie-clouds HDRI, free available on my website.

Harsh Range

HarshRange.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 187K
    Post edited by Horo on

Beautiful landscape, Horo, the sky is awesome

mermaid - thank you. I think this is the first time I used this HDRI I made over 10 years ago from a render by Ernie (haven't seen here in these forums for ages). Get the HDRI: Raytracing > Resources > HDRI > ErnieClouds. There are actually 2 hemispheres: with Pitch normal at 90 it is more redish/violet, if Pitch set to -90 more blueish. In the render, I set Yaw to 340, Pitch to -5 and Roll to 20.

Thanks Horo for the additional info smiley

Horo : awesome landscape, great sky.

edited February 2020

adbc - thank you.

Again a terrain generated with the DTE. The Grobburg disappeared from the Daz Store, the dragon is from the Stanford Scanning repository and the sky from the Golden Lighting set (free at Daz 3D).

Dragonstan

Dragonstan.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 205K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited February 2020

Horo- interesting terrain and render.

The past week I have been viewing the videos from the Golden Lighting and Golden Rules, it nice to refresh the memory from time to time and have some wips lol

I used the cube fading mirror effect from Landscapes under Fantastic Skies and a Terrain from Terrain Stacking set and a modified sky for this render

winterwasteland.jpg
    654 x 850 - 521K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - thank you. Impressing mountainscape.

edited February 2020

Horo : very special terrain, cool idea.

mermaid : Beautiful mountain render, well chosen material and sky.

just an abstract : a few symmetrical lattices and a plane.

abstract_4.jpg
    940 x 450 - 72K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited February 2020

adbc - thank you. Your abstract is very beautiful, great colours and contrast, forms and "action". 

Again a terrain generated with the DTE, here with a material I made very long ago. The sky is a combination with old HDRI Captured Volumetric Skies and the newer Object Clouds 2D & 3D set.
    Below the anaglyph. It's the first time I see clouds in different distances (around the peak).

Two Peak Isle

Two Peak Isle Anaglyph

TwoPeakIsle.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 161K
    TwoPeakIsleAna.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 208K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo : thank you.

Excellent terrain and material, beautiful sky. Indeed, the anaglyph shows the clouds in different distances. 

This discussion has been closed.