Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11

Comments

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    S Ray said:
    Slepalex said:
    Hansmar said:

Slepalex 
     I also sometimes use Camera tracking to keep the camera viewing the primary target of the scene.

This is the most important thing in your comment.
    Although I build the scene on a different principle.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956
    edited January 2020

Stacked terrains of Photoshop height maps manipulated in the David and Horo's Terrain Editor Advanced Filters,  Materials and lighting from their Terrain Stacking set

gloomy-day.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 236K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited January 2020

mermaid - very well done winter scene. The sky fits the scene nicely.

Double stacked terrain and three in the distance and an HDRI sky. Rendered with soft shadows and TA.

Native Ridged Land

I found the above a bit boring and changed the terrain materials to something metallic and used another HDRI. Rendered with soft shadows and even though no TA, it took double the time to render.

Dreamy Ridged Land

NativeRidgedLand.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 269K
    DreamyRidgedLand.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 276K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

Mermaid010: very well made terrain and render.

Horo: Both versions are very good, but I think I also prefer the weird purple one.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

mermaid : cool image, very nice terrain and sky.

Horo : difficult to say which one I prefer, they are both awesome renders.

edited January 2020

Hansmar - thank you.

adbc - thank you.

Experiment with displacement. A 16-bit greyscale TIFF (exported from the TE) was loaded as a picture texture (converts automatically to 8-bit RGB) and used to control displacement (20%). Within the displaced sphere a slightly smaller one with a red material. The rest are also spheres with volume materials (2 nebulae and one galaxy). Bryce stars plus a 2D-Face with stars and an HDRI. File size without the HDRI below 1 MB, memory usage about 350 MB (with HDRI file size 44 MB, memory 460 MB).

Weird Moons

WeirdMoons.jpg
    1200 x 840 - 173K
    Post edited by Horo on

Thanks Horo, Hansmar and Adbc

Horo - three great renders, the space with displacement is WOW, magnificent

Horo : That last render is simply fantastic.

mermaid and adbc - thank you.

• RasberriRasberri Posts: 265
    edited January 2020

I have been away for a bit.. but finally have upgraded my computer.  Hope everyone here had a lovely holiday!  I have been trying to learn more about Bryce's sky lab and experimenting with creating and adding HDRIs.  I want to invest in a few of those High resolution terrains, however, I finally picked up Horo's Bryce Terrain Editor Advanced Filters-Really impressed with what I see here with stacking height maps!  I am always stunned at the talent I see here.  Beautiful work! and enjoyable to view.  .

Here is one I did over the holidays. I started experimenting with some height maps generated from a Filter Forge 8 along with playing around with different ways to export color maps for texturing of terrains. I also bought "photo mirage" where I am going to see what happens when I set these into an avi film file.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/90/b35b86b5d8ef574f091d55974d2648.jpg

EurethralSkies2.jpg
    1754 x 834 - 1M
    Post edited by Rasberri on
    Rasberri said:

I have been away for a bit.. but finally have upgraded my computer.  Hope everyone here had a lovely holiday!  I have been trying to learn more about Bryce's sky lab and experimenting with creating and adding HDRIs.  I want to invest in a few of those High resolution terrains, however, I finally picked up Horo's Bryce Terrain Editor Advanced Filters-Really impressed with what I see here with stacking height maps!  I am always stunned at the talent I see here.  Beautiful work! and enjoyable to view.  .

Here is one I did over the holidays. I started experimenting with some height maps generated from a Filter Forge 8 along with playing around with different ways to export color maps for texturing of terrains. I also bought "photo mirage" where I am going to see what happens when I set these into an avi film file.

The sea - sky border is too sharp; there is no haze. There can be no such form of clouds on the horizon.

In the absence of time, inspiration, etc., I created this landscape in one evening. Trees, volumetric clouds, textures, materials and HDRI, as well as the main terrain created with Bryce and GeoControl2, are all from my library. I only worked a little with the atmosphere, lighting and materials.
    The rest of the information is here.

Rasberri : great texture on the terrain and the water. I'm afraid Slepalex is right about the water/sky border.

Slepalex : Wonderful image.

edited January 2020

Rasperri - nice work. I recommend not using color maps for texturing but to use the materials instead. And I agree with Slepalex, a bit of haze at the horizon would make it look more real.

Slepalex - nice landscape with all those fir trees. Everything looks really good, just the volume clouds do not fit very well with the other clouds.

Post edited by Horo on

Rasberri - nice render, there are some nice recipes for the Bryce Terrain Editor Advanced Filters here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/56309/

Slepalex -  Beautiful image.

Horo said:

Rasperri - nice work. I recommend not using color maps for texturing but to use the materials instead. And I agree with Slepalex, a bit of haze at the horizon would make it look more real.

Slepalex - nice landscape with all those fir trees. Everything looks really good, just the volume clouds do not fit very well with the other clouds.

Yes, volumetric clouds are superfluous here. Dissonance.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

Horo: Fantastic space render. Good work with displacement.

Rasberri: I agree with the others. Nice material on the terrain. The terrain iself is strange, but fun and I like it.

Slepalex: Very good for a quick scene. Interesting terrains. But indeed, the volumetric clouds do not fit very well. However, the Bryce sky itself looks very good.

Hansmar - thank you. Displacement is not so bad as we often think - just a bit tricky to get it right.

• RasberriRasberri Posts: 265

Thanks so much all for the feedback! Did a new render with different sky/terrain settings--and wow..the density/thickness/base haze settings really can change the whole look of a scene.  I have spent sometimes hours playing around with the HDRIs and many times they don't look right--too blurry (It has been great such a joy now working on a faster computer)  I do love the way lighting looks using them.  

@mermaid010 thanks for the link for recipes.  Really nice stacked terrains you did in PS.  Looking forward to playing with this.

@Horo thanks, Im thinking my next wishlist items will be investing in some of the Bryce volumetric cloud, HDRI and material packs here at DAZ. Are there any landscaping/terrain material packs you recommend?

@Hansmar, thanks, yes the terrain was a lot of fun to play with in Filter Forge 8, testing it as a potential new tool to generate height maps..not as polished of a look as some other external tools I have tried, but fun.  Bryce is a ton of fun to play with. Fingers crossed they will upgrade it some day :-)

Very nice @Slepalex.. I love the way you have distributed trees.  Instancing is another topic I have been browsing here.

What a difference a few tweaks can make with sky and terrain. Although this material was a quick one I put together, it does look better than the colormap smiley.  I played around with the sky settings in some older sunset scenes.  The Desert Dawn sky comes from Bryce Desert construction kit.

5FFTHDRISkyHaze1232020.jpg
    1754 x 834 - 1M
    1Sunset2.jpg
    1754 x 834 - 970K
    1DesertDawnShore.jpg
    1754 x 834 - 1M
    edited January 2020

Rasperri -three nice renders except the trees in the 1st render, they are very randomly placed and in different angles.

A re-render of a Br5 file using an Hdri from the Landscapes under Fantastic Skies.

swans.jpg
    800 x 533 - 197K

Rasberri : 3 beautiful renders.  I agree with mermaid : the trees .....

mermaid : lovely image, beautiful sky.

edited January 2020

mermaid - beautiful scene with the swans. I also sometimes take scenes I made years ago and try to improve them.

I "hate" abstracts. The tiniest alteration produces yet another cool image. Here the camera with the GWL (gigantic wide-angle fisheye lens) is within a 6-sided spheroid (by John Spirko) with some transparency, reflection, specularity and anisotropy. The 5D-City_SC HDRI lights the inside of the sphere and the HDRI backdrop shines through the half-transparent 6-sided sphere and gets reflected.

Rippled

Rippled.jpg
    1200 x 810 - 117K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

I love abstracts!

I installed Bryce on my new Windows 10 Pro PC with some trepidation ... will it work? It does! No problems at all. Yay!
    Abstract Orb created with FirGels tutorial: https://www.deviantart.com/firgel/art/Abstract-Orb-Tutorial-in-Bryce-93149113

abstractOrbFirGel.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 415K

Kerya - I just saw this render in the galleries (can't be done in Studio). Really beautifully done, I like it a lot.

edited January 2020

Horo : Awesome abstract, like the colours.

Kerya : Beautiful image, like it.

Post edited by adbc on

Horo and Adbc thanks

Horo - beautiful abstract, abstracts are so addictive.

Kerya  - awesome abstracts nice to see your work again

Thank you all! It is fun to play with Bryce again.

edited January 2020

adbc - thank you.
    mermaid - thank you. Yes they are addictive.

The object is by Art Wade with materials from 50 Metals 1 and 50 Funky Metals sets. Backdrop and light by the WpH86_SC250 HDRI from the Hyper Textures Base set; plants and pot from Xfrog.

Treble Bass Clef

TrebleBassClef.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 159K
    Post edited by Horo on

Lovely!

edited January 2020

Horo - beautiful render yes

This discussion has been closed.