Who wants better animation tools in Daz Studio?

13»

Comments

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited July 2019
    wolf359 said:

The "Search this site" box only seems to search the current set of scripts - mcjObjsToMorphingProp is on the second scripts page.

Very Good then.
    People do have an option ,after a fashion,
    to import pre-animated meshes from  marvelous designer and any other program that exports animated meshes as a series of .obj files.

I had already mentioned that the video tells us of a freebie to do exactly that. It is called AnimMorph (as I also mentioned) and it is still available:

https://gist.github.com/marcuswilm/c2305cd494d54b9aba80bf5f43d0f7bf

My point was only that MDD import would be preferable to a freebie to process an object sequence. I would have thought that you, of all people, would agree since you were the one who convinced me of the value of MDD.

Post edited by marble on
  • Fixme12 said:
    wolf359 said:

The "Search this site" box only seems to search the current set of scripts - mcjObjsToMorphingProp is on the second scripts page.

Very Good then.
    People do have an option ,after a fashion,
    to import pre-animated meshes from  marvelous designer and any other program that exports animated meshes as a series of .obj files.

On what is dforce actually based? From where is it?

I beleive it was developed internally by the Daz Team

BTW Does this Mean that the FULL version of aniMate 2
    ,with MDD export, is now Free with DS 4.12?? 
    ...or is it just  Keymate & GraphMate  that have been folded into the base Program???

Yeah i know developed internally, but what engine 's behind it, like we had a test With bullet engine long ago..

it isn't an implementation of a pre-existing engine, as far as I know, though it uses OpenCL.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764
    edited July 2019

My point was only that MDD import would be preferable to a freebie to process an object sequence. I would have thought that you, of all people, would agree since you were the one who convinced me of the value of MDD.

As much as I see the value in having an MDD EXPORTER from Character oriented programs
    For me personally, I do not see any value in having an MDD importer in Daz studio , just as I disagreed with the Iclone users ,in the RL forums, who were calling for Alembic import INTO iclone.

This is because ,from my perspective neither, Daz studio nor Iclone are a suitable programs for rendering complex
    animated scenes with hundred of scene items or complex physics simulations with data sizes measured in multiple gigabytes .

They are both very ,very good at what they do respectively

Daz studio for high quality Stills with a brute force path tracer or a version of 3Delight Apparently not capable of the Amazing quality we saw in the "kingsglaive final fantasy" movie that used 3Delight.

And Iclone pro:  DX11 default render engine, but great for  true realtime motion building,human mocap parsing/editing and export Data to a Character in a proper Pro 3DCC application for final render.

MDD as an EXPORT option is great when you have something worth actually exporting to another program to be rendered because that  other program has no native abilty to easily create that element internally.

Example: high quality Daz genesis figures already talking via my chosen audio files, already animated Via motion retargeted from Iclone or motionbuilder JCM's baked into the mesh  point cache and perhaps even with some nice dynamic cloth from Dforce or optitex.

Prepackaged &ready to rendered in C4D's native render engine or Vray or Arnold or Redshift or Octane or Corona
    or Pro render etc.And the same option for Lightwave3D and its various render options
    and  Blender as well.

Now there are many things a Pro 3DCC can do in the area  of Simulation/animation that are not possible in daz studio
    and far more complex than a simple cloth sim on ONE figure from marvelous designer

However I can not  imagine any scenario where I  personally would create some |Cool , broadcast Quality mograph animation in C4D or Building collapse physics simulation in lightwave3D or Houdini  and MDD it  INTO Daz  Studio
    with its comparatively slow brute force path tracer or a version of 3Delight Apparently not capable of the Amazing quality we saw in the "kingsglaive final fantasy" movie that used 3Delight.

Post edited by wolf359 on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

That's not very realistic. Well, no more so than children's building blocks.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379
    edited July 2019

Hm. I have to say--unless I'm really missing something--the new Timeline seems less intuitive and less powerful than Graphmate / Keymate.

I can't even figure out how to make my figure blink!

Where are the pose and shape parameters? All I see if a bunch of nodes with X,Y, and Z translate.

Capture2.JPG
    263 x 316 - 20K
    Post edited by Leonides02 on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited July 2019

click the bone of the character you want to move and open the perimeters tab and you will see your translation dials for that bone, where from there you keyframe the dials movements to the keyframe on the timeline.. thats how i do it anyway

Post edited by Ivy on
    edited July 2019
    Ivy said:

click the bone of the character you want to move and open the perimeters tab and you will see your translation dials for that bone, where from there you keyframe the dials movements to the keyframe on the timeline.. thats how i do it anyway

But you can't dial in expressions that way, or shapes (for a transformation or hair movement), or anything you could easily do with Keymate / Graphmate...

edited July 2019

yes you can see my screen shot

Capture.JPG
    1905 x 1037 - 259K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited July 2019

But that just creates a keyframe when you dialed in the parameter. That's what the timeline always did.

Graphmate allowed far more control.

Okay, now I see. 

If you right-click on Timeline you can select a toggle that says "Monitor Parameters." That seems to integrate the Graphmate control we're used to seeing.

We really need some documentation on this!

edited July 2019

its the same thing you just have to work with the dials ,  I been working with it pretty intensily since it was released.  you don't have all the buttons you use to  but the fuction & tools are all there and the same

here are 2 screen shots they look the same in beta daz 4.12  as 4.10  with graphmate and keymate same scene you can see some timeline  its jst been condenced with a keyfraame & graph editor into one instead of being 2 plugins

its basicly is graphmate and keymate intergrated.  they moved a few tools to the bottom of th timeline and on the side right hand side tab of the timeline. keep playing with it you'll find them smiley

1.jpg
    1913 x 1053 - 234K
    2.jpg
    1917 x 1049 - 227K
    Post edited by Ivy on
    edited July 2019

Why doesn't copy / paste / delete keys work? 

It's greyed out...

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764

Although I find nothing in 4.12 that would inspire me to upgrade
    , it is good that Daz is at least considering the Character animation side of things....finally.
    Hopefully full Daz will take heed of this feedback and address some of the issues raised

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i remember last time i tried animating in DS, moving a prop from point A to Point B, the thing bounced/skipped uncontrollably along the way.  did they ever fix that brouncie business?

• Why doesn't copy / paste / delete keys work? 

It's greyed out...

Do you have any keys selected?

Please note that this is a work in progress, it is explicitly stated that theer iss till styling (which I guess includes things like labelling) to be done.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,938
    edited July 2019

Hm. I have to say--unless I'm really missing something--the new Timeline seems less intuitive and less powerful than Graphmate / Keymate.

I can't even figure out how to make my figure blink!

Where are the pose and shape parameters? All I see if a bunch of nodes with X,Y, and Z translate.

The boxed letters are telling you wnat the entry is - G for Group, P for Property. If you look at the bottom of the pane there's a Types button which allows you to control which properties are shown, with more granularity than KeyMate allowed. Try checking Other(O). (note that, for me at least, the Types button - and some others - do not show at the pane's default floating width)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Why doesn't copy / paste / delete keys work? 

It's greyed out...

Do you have any keys selected?

Please note that this is a work in progress, it is explicitly stated that theer iss till styling (which I guess includes things like labelling) to be done.

Yep. My keys are selected but there is no option to copy, paste, or delete. The button is there, but it's greyed out.

When I use Graphmate to copy those keys they appear in the Timeline.

Don't worry, I have that in mind. I'm not mad or disappointed. In fact, I'm very pleased Daz is giving more attention to animations.

I'm just reporting. laugh