Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.12.2.60! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158
    Thank you for sharing the details of your discovery and for officially reporting it.
  • mininessiemininessie Posts: 324
    edited August 2019

sorry it don´t shows in Daz install manager...what i am doing wrong?

i follow the instructions to set the filters

Post edited by mininessie on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

sorry it don´t shows in Daz install manager...what i am doing wrong?

i follow the instructions to set the filters

Did you "buy" the beta from the store? https://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-beta

yes..is not the first time i use beta...but this time it don´t shows in the install manager

only the GOZ and the Photoshop brigde for studio 4.12

ok..now it works...thanks !

• PraxisPraxis Posts: 240

This scenario crashes v4.12.0.47 but not v4.11.0.383:

In a new scene, load the KADL Womens Bra from dForce Laundry by Kindred Arts, and Simulate: Instant crash: Access Violation in dzdynamics.dll at 0033:00000000000EBECA9A9 getPluginDefinition()+1412203 bytes, called from DzSimulationMgr::simulate()+187 bytes

This does not happen with any of the other items I tested in v4.12.0.47 (e.g. KADL Womens Leggings) - it may be significant that the Bra is the only prop in this set that has a dForce Dynamic Surface Add-On.

My system: 6-core i7-4930K, 64GB RAM, Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1, RTX2070 + GTX780, NVIDIA drivers 430.86

Can anyone reproduce this?

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited August 2019
    Praxis said:

This scenario crashes v4.12.0.47 but not v4.11.0.383:

In a new scene, load the KADL Womens Bra from dForce Laundry by Kindred Arts, and Simulate: Instant crash: Access Violation in dzdynamics.dll at 0033:00000000000EBECA9A9 getPluginDefinition()+1412203 bytes, called from DzSimulationMgr::simulate()+187 bytes

This does not happen with any of the other items I tested in v4.12.0.47 (e.g. KADL Womens Leggings) - it may be significant that the Bra is the only prop in this set that has a dForce Dynamic Surface Add-On.

My system: 6-core i7-4930K, 64GB RAM, Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1, RTX2070 + GTX780, NVIDIA drivers 430.86

Can anyone reproduce this?

I tried it twice, so far:

1. First Attempt:
      • Opened DS
      • Loaded the bra
      • Created a plane primitive for a floor
      • Clicked on Simulate.
    2. Second Attempt:
      • Opened DS
      • Loaded the bra
      • Created a plane primitive for a floor
      • Selected the bra addon
      • Removed the dForce modifier
      • Applied Add dforce Modifier: Dynamic Surface Add-On
      • Clicked on Simulate.

In both cases, Daz Studio crashed immediately, without a crash report.

My system: 8-core i7-6900K, 64GB RAM, Win10 Pro 64-bit, GTX1080, NVIDIA drivers 430.86

ETA: I continued to test, using a different garment with a separate corset. The corset was not dynamic, so I applied the Dynamic Surface Add-On modifier. Running Simulate did not crash the beta.

I tried making the bra addon 100% opaque and changing Display settings so the addon was only visible in simulation. It still crashed the beta. I tried moving it above the bra, (in case there was intersecting going on that might cause the issue,) and it still crashed the beta.

It did crash to the report both times, though, and here is the error message, virtually identical to that shared by Praxis:

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "E:\Program Files\Daz 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\plugins\dzdynamics.dll" at 0033:00000000F58AA9A9, getPluginDefinition()+1412203 byte(s)

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • Confirmed. Please report it.

• mumia76mumia76 Posts: 146
    mumia76 said:

Can someone help me out and send me the installer of 4.12? DIM doesn't seem to be working on W10 1903, and there is no other way to download it.

What do you mean by DIM not working?

I mean it does not download anything "SSL handshake error" And technical support doesn't seem to give a damn about my issue as they aren't even replying to the ticket anymore.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,918
    edited August 2019
    mumia76 said:
    mumia76 said:

Can someone help me out and send me the installer of 4.12? DIM doesn't seem to be working on W10 1903, and there is no other way to download it.

What do you mean by DIM not working?

I mean it does not download anything "SSL handshake error" And technical support doesn't seem to give a damn about my issue as they aren't even replying to the ticket anymore.

What is your DIM version, OS, and could you please attach the DIM log.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on

Confirmed. Please report it.

Reported. (Request #305676)

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    barbult said:

I've not experienced it myself.

I wonder what could be different about my system that causes 4.11. to scroll, but 4.12 does not. I used the script in the samples to copy the interface from one build environment to the other, so theroretically, I should be running the same workspace, etc.

Happens to me sometimes, although not consistently.

• mumia76mumia76 Posts: 146

What is your DIM version, OS, and could you please attach the DIM log.

It unexpectedly started working today for no apparent reason. I definitely didn't do anything on my end.

Anyway it was windows 10 Pro x64 1903, and DIM 1.2.0.27, this is what the log said when it failed to download:

WARNING: SSL Error: 11 - The issuer certificate of a locally looked up certificate could not be found
    WARNING: SSL Error: 17 - The root CA certificate is not trusted for this purpose
    WARNING: Network Error while downloading to file "": SSL handshake failed

• PraxisPraxis Posts: 240
    edited August 2019
    L'Adair said:

Confirmed. Please report it.

Reported. (Request #305676)

Thanks for (adding the plane and) testing and reporting this. yes

Post edited by Praxis on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

When I something like load Toon Larry in DAZ Studio 4.12.0.47 and then mouse over the bow animation preset in the 'Genesis 8 Starter Essentials' in Smart Content under Animations the 'preview' of the poses that make the animation are winding up in the Timeline and everything that I've tried to blank out the timeline has failed!

That's a problem that's been around a while. Either the 'preview apply of the animation' shouldn't be done or the preview should not wind up getting applied to the Timeline.

If I scrub through the timeline then it seems to be littered from one end to the other with animations from presets that I moused over either intentionally or unintentionally and I see no way to remove those from the Timeline/Toon Larry: 

Clean Animation - Clear Figure or Clear Figure Pose do not work.

I can go through frame by frame and 'Zero Figure Pose' but that winds up putting a black caret on that frame in the timeline for each frame that I zero the figure pose for.

The timeline seems to have gotten itself into some sort of state that makes it useless for animation for anyone that isn't going to go through and keyframe each frame individually with a pose to overwrite the data currently held by the frame. That's too much work.

I will make a new scene in the meantime so I'll have a clean timeline but I hope to hear how to effectively clear the animation timeline that works.

• When I something like load Toon Larry in DAZ Studio 4.12.0.47 and then mouse over the bow animation preset in the 'Genesis 8 Starter Essentials' in Smart Content under Animations the 'preview' of the poses that make the animation are winding up in the Timeline and everything that I've tried to blank out the timeline has failed!

That's a problem that's been around a while. Either the 'preview apply of the animation' shouldn't be done or the preview should not wind up getting applied to the Timeline.

If I scrub through the timeline then it seems to be littered from one end to the other with animations from presets that I moused over either intentionally or unintentionally and I see no way to remove those from the Timeline/Toon Larry: 

I can go through frame by frame and 'Zero Figure Pose' but that winds up putting a black caret on that frame in the timeline for each frame that I zero the figure pose for.

The timeline seems to have gotten itself into some sort of state that makes it useless for animation for anyone that isn't going to go through and keyframe each frame individually with a pose to overwrite the data currently held by the frame. That's too much work.

I will make a new scene in the meantime so I'll have a clean timeline but I hope to hear how to effectively clear the animation timeline that works.

The mention of previews makes me suspect you are looking at AniBlocks, which are controlled from the AniMate pane unless you bake to keyframes.

When I something like load Toon Larry in DAZ Studio 4.12.0.47 and then mouse over the bow animation preset in the 'Genesis 8 Starter Essentials' in Smart Content under Animations the 'preview' of the poses that make the animation are winding up in the Timeline and everything that I've tried to blank out the timeline has failed!

The mention of previews makes me suspect you are looking at AniBlocks, which are controlled from the AniMate pane unless you bake to keyframes.

Yes, if I double click the animation preset (these are the ones that come with the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials) they get applied as a aniBlock but if I don't double-click on them but just mouse-over them no aniBlocks get applied to the animate2 tab but the timeline gets littered with that 'preview' data.

edited August 2019

I have a feature request for the timeline please. Maybe two feature requests.

I am trying to make a FK animation using the timeline. It has 8 cut scenes that involve changing the camera used. So I have made the 1st cut scene, 2 seconds and 0 - 60 frames at 30 FPS for 61 frames. Now I need to on this same timeline go to cut scene 2 so I need DAZ Studio features that:

A couple of the features are very complex but feature request a) & b) are easy so it would be nice to see them this year.

a) Let me change at cut scene two from 'camera (scene 1)' to camera (scene 2)' on frame 61.

i) Is that already possible?

ii) New feature? If not can that be added to DAZ Studio features?

iii) New feature? Ideally when I render an image series that involves a cut from one camera to another camera then DAZ Studio will make a series of 3 - 10 images whereby the rendered scene in the last 3 - 10 frames of the prior scene fades out and the rendered 3 -10 frames of next scene fades in. Maybe that feature is best left to video creation SW since typically compositing should be used to cut down on render time per frame but I thought it was worth requesting.

b) Icons with simple notes that can be attached to the 1st and last frames of a cut scene. So I can attach a icon with the title "Begin Scene 1" at frame 0 and "End Scene 1" at frame 60 and then "Begin Scene 2" at frame 61 and "End Scene 2" at frame 343 and so on similarly for each scene in the play for example.

c) Similar to new DAZ Studio feature b a feature that lets me attach notes, including image thumbnails to frames on the time line.

d) Attach a play script that serves, for now, as a play script but doesn't really drive any action in the DAZ Studio viewport.

e) Eventually though I'd like if I called a character "Bugs Bunny" in my script and a character called "Bugs Bunny" was in the scene tab and visible that the dialogue in the play could for Bugs Bunny could be assigned begin frame & end frame for each dialogue line and something like Mimic Live would drive the text to speak or playback at pre-recorded spoken dialogue.

f) Sometime in the future, pre-created animation sequences, whether they are aniBlock format or something else, along with the character's origin coordinates and whether the animation block looped or not could also be included in a play script & drive the events in the viewport.

g) And similarly drive the ability of a play script to drive a play in the viewport by enhancing and extending the capabilities in the future.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • I have a feature request for the timeline please. Maybe two feature requests.

I am trying to make a FK animation using the timeline. It has 8 cut scenes that involve changing the camera used. So I have made the 1st cut scene, 2 seconds and 0 - 60 frames at 30 FPS for 61 frames. Now I need to on this same timeline go to cut scene 2 so I need DAZ Studio features that:

A couple of the features are very complex but feature request a) & b) are easy so it would be nice to see them this year.

a) Let me change at cut scene two from 'camera (scene 1)' to camera (scene 2)' on frame 61.

To an extent - you can't swap cameras, but you can render a specific set of frames. So render the frames for the first section through the first camera, then the second section trhough the second, and so on, fianlly stitching the whole into one animation.

iii) New feature? Ideally when I render an image series that involves a cut from one camera to another camera then DAZ Studio will make a series of 3 - 10 images whereby the rendered scene in the last 3 - 10 frames of the prior scene fades out and the rendered 3 -10 frames of next scene fades in. Maybe that feature is best left to video creation SW since typically compositing should be used to cut down on render time per frame but I thought it was worth requesting.

b) Icons with simple notes that can be attached to the 1st and last frames of a cut scene. So I can attach a icon with the title "Begin Scene 1" at frame 0 and "End Scene 1" at frame 60 and then "Begin Scene 2" at frame 61 and "End Scene 2" at frame 343 and so on similarly for each scene in the play for example.

c) Similar to new DAZ Studio feature b a feature that lets me attach notes, including image thumbnails to frames on the time line.

d) Attach a play script that serves, for now, as a play script but doesn't really drive any action in the DAZ Studio viewport.

e) Eventually though I'd like if I called a character "Bugs Bunny" in my script and a character called "Bugs Bunny" was in the scene tab and visible that the dialogue in the play could for Bugs Bunny could be assigned begin frame & end frame for each dialogue line and something like Mimic Live would drive the text to speak or playback at pre-recorded spoken dialogue.

f) Sometime in the future, pre-created animation sequences, whether they are aniBlock format or something else, along with the character's origin coordinates and whether the animation block looped or not could also be included in a play script & drive the events in the viewport.

g) And similarly drive the ability of a play script to drive a play in the viewport by enhancing and extending the capabilities in the future.

I have a feature request for the timeline please. Maybe two feature requests.

To an extent - you can't swap cameras, but you can render a specific set of frames. So render the frames for the first section through the first camera, then the second section trhough the second, and so on, fianlly stitching the whole into one animation.

Well bummer. OK then thanks.

• onixonix Posts: 282

There is a strange bug in the iRay renderer:

If you move figure further than 2500 units in X or probably any other direction some geometry goes missing

Only eyes and some pieces o the ace were affected.

In the example picture, it can be seen how left eye corners are black and geometry is missing entirely

bug1.jpg
    729 x 570 - 52K
  • cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421

most of the when i use "aux preview" Daz use 100% process due to "Iray" preview

the problem is, after the use of aux preview, even if im not anymore in "aux preview" or closed totaly the "tab" the processing 1remain 100% use
    my only solution is to save my work and restart DAZ

edited August 2019
    cm152335 said:

most of the when i use "aux preview" Daz use 100% process due to "Iray" preview

the problem is, after the use of aux preview, even if im not anymore in "aux preview" or closed totaly the "tab" the processing 1remain 100% use
    my only solution is to save my work and restart DAZ

It's actually called Aux Viewport, and is just that, an auxiliary viewport, with all the same controls as the main viewport. If you use the Aux Viewport to preview in Iray, it will continue to render until you explicitly tell it to stop. You need to change the Draw Mode to any of the other options to stop the Iray render.

Edited to Add: The Aux Viewport has the Auto Hide enabled for Options and Controls. When you mouse over the upper right corner, they will appear. If that bothers you, open the pane menu and uncheck those two options and they will be visible whenever the Aux Viewport is open.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

I'm still getting IK-related crashes on save in 4.12, although the error code was a little different. I've reported it to Daz tech support. 

Anybody else? 

onix said:

There is a strange bug in the iRay renderer:

If you move figure further than 2500 units in X or probably any other direction some geometry goes missing

Only eyes and some pieces o the ace were affected.

In the example picture, it can be seen how left eye corners are black and geometry is missing entirely

That is a long time bug that must be caused by refraction angles or something all physics-y being calculated wrong. To try & work around it I put characters in a group, environmental things in a group, lights in a group, and cameras in a group and try to keep characters, camera, and lights as near to (0, 0, 0) as the scene allows & requires and then move around the environments around as needed on (x, y, z) translate and (x, y, z) rotate. It makes problems sometimes with portions of the environments but much less so than with character models 

• onixonix Posts: 282
    onix said:

That is a long time bug that must be caused by refraction angles or something all physics-y being calculated wrong. To try & work around it I put characters in a group, environmental things in a group, lights in a group, and cameras in a group and try to keep characters, camera, and lights as near to (0, 0, 0) as the scene allows & requires and then move around the environments around as needed on (x, y, z) translate and (x, y, z) rotate. It makes problems sometimes with portions of the environments but much less so than with character models 

I already found that solution myself. A bit annoying that I have to do it but if it is so old bug I suspect that it will not be fixed ever.

Probably Daz uses floating-point coordinates and when numbers get big they start losing precision.

A similar problem happens when exporting figure to ZBrush if the figure is positioned far from zero position.

• f7eerf7eer Posts: 117

I'm still getting IK-related crashes on save in 4.12, although the error code was a little different. I've reported it to Daz tech support. 

Anybody else? 

Yes. I also reported it, and it was reproduced, but since it involved a discontinued product, someone decided it didn't have to be fixed. I couldn't make it happen on anything else I have at hand, but I assume it's happening elsewhere.

Anybody else? 

f7eer said:

Yes. I also reported it, and it was reproduced, but since it involved a discontinued product, someone decided it didn't have to be fixed. I couldn't make it happen on anything else I have at hand, but I assume it's happening elsewhere.

What products are you guys seeing this issue with? It might come in handy to have a list of products that cause the problem. If it turns out to be only one, old, discontinued product, it's understandable why Daz doesn't want to pour resouces into finding and fixing the issue. But if there are many products, including several still in the store, it could turn into something Daz decides needs fixing.

@onix, Since Iray was introduced in 4.8, it has become clear that lighting works best at world center. While that may not be true for 3Delight renders, Iray is the default render engine, so most new users are going to start out in Iray. Additionally, for anyone with a newer Nvidia card, it's important to keep the memory size of the scene  within the capabilities of that card, so it isn't efficient to have the camera near world center and a high poly figure at 2500 on one or more of the Axes.

If you need to populate an area in the distance, you can use a product like RSA's Crowd Now series of billboards, or create your own. When you render without a background, you can save the image as a tiff or png, (I recommend png,) and the background stays transparent. Use that to also create an opacity map for the Cutout Opacity parameter, and apply it along with your render to a plane primitive. Using single poly planes, you can add a lot of "details" to the distance, without bringing your computer to a crawl during render.

• I wonder if DAZ 3D going to improve hairs system so they will look like in abandoned Carrara.

Left - hairs with applied figure's texture. Right - how this texture looks. In Carrara - hairs inherits figure's texture

Без имени-1.jpg
    4096 x 2048 - 794K
  • Anyone know if the new iray supports memory pooling with Nvlink ????