The Can’t Find Anything When You Need It Complaint Thread.

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 2013

a few more :lol:

8.jpg
    600 x 450 - 71K
    7.jpg
    600 x 800 - 97K
    6.jpg
    432 x 427 - 84K
    5.jpg
    600 x 465 - 60K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    playing around in the hay?

Real cool early morning and an afternoon in hot sun caused sniffles I think, nose is dripping like a tap and I'm hot phew, time for some lemonz :)

wow christmas avi great :lol:

thanks. iz my favorite render i ever made, i think.

lemonade, haaahhh refreshing :)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

Nuke has a Personal Learning Edition. Didn't know that. Also the full thing is like, $4,000. That's just a wee bit outside my budget range. After Effects is $1,000 - assuming they're still allowing people to buy that individually instead of subscribing to their "Cloud" thingie. If it comes bundled with any of their monthly plans I may just give in and take that offer for a while. I've got Photoshop CS5 and will keep it forever, but I don't has After Effects, and every week I see more and more cool stuff done with it and Cinema 4D. Lotsa tutorials and shiny stuff. Also bloom n glowy lights - love those x)

Meh zBrush backup CD came in the mail yesterday.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 2013

cute photos. I found this article while I was looking for information about bridges in Milwaukee, WI: Goose nests on Milwaukee Bridge

edit: changed URL to a page that loads faster.

Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 2013

I assume that I need to download an updated version of Gossip outfit

edit: opps, wrong thread

gossip.jpg
    565 x 600 - 82K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

So I downloaded the latest version of Gossip outfit. I am still having the same issue with the bottom of the pants. Should I send a bug report to the support staff? Should I create a new thread in Nuts and Bolts? Any ideas? Thank you.

edited December 1969

So I downloaded the latest version of Gossip outfit. I am still having the same issue with the bottom of the pants. Should I send a bug report to the support staff? Should I create a new thread in Nuts and Bolts? Any ideas? Thank you.

sometimes stuff like that disappears in the actual render. in older poser that would prolly be a n-gon issue. not sure how ds reacts to n-gons,

edited December 1969

complaint: iz charlie oscar oscar oscar lima delta. thermostat says 70Foxtrot, no way.

edited December 1969

Mickey is looking fierce, wouldn't wanna be tackled :lol:

mickypackers.JPG
    262 x 398 - 27K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

Is the item a SubD item|? If so you may need to change the SubD Algorithm in the mesh resolution group in the Parameters pane to Catmull Clark (Legacy).

edited December 1969

Thank you! That did the trick. I would've posed the 3Delight render, but Stephanie 5's nipples are poking through the shirt. :bug: I'll need to adjust the mesh smoothing parameters or use poke-away.

gossip.jpg
    349 x 656 - 53K
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Whoa wrecked today, not enough sleep this week. TGIF. But is gloomy and kinda quiet-before-stormy outside my window :)

edited December 1969

E.jpg
    612 x 382 - 129K
    edited December 2013

Rezca said:
    Nuke has a Personal Learning Edition. Didn't know that. Also the full thing is like, $4,000. That's just a wee bit outside my budget range. After Effects is $1,000 - assuming they're still allowing people to buy that individually instead of subscribing to their "Cloud" thingie. If it comes bundled with any of their monthly plans I may just give in and take that offer for a while. I've got Photoshop CS5 and will keep it forever, but I don't has After Effects, and every week I see more and more cool stuff done with it and Cinema 4D. Lotsa tutorials and shiny stuff. Also bloom n glowy lights - love those x)

Nuke gives you a lot of functionality you need to composite effects on, say, 65mm panavision backplates. You wouldn't use that stuff unless you had to track an action shot, or fake sub surface scatter on say an elephant. AE is more effects and motion graphics building, you will need Premiere as well to get the full service from it :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

haz an inbox full of lolz :)

are they comfy?

I should be doing some of that today :)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

It's a frigid 6F outside atm. I gotta go back out in it here shortly

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:

Nuke gives you a lot of functionality you need to composite effects on, say, 65mm panavision backplates. You wouldn't use that stuff unless you had to track an action shot, or fake sub surface scatter on say an elephant. AE is more effects and motion graphics building, you will need Premiere as well to get the full service from it :)

Mmm... Well I downloaded and installed the Nuke PLE. Will watch some videos on Digital Tutors and see what I can do with it (Or just let it sit there and gather dust :P ) .
    http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=185&t=1104697 One of the forest submissions had used Nuke for some of the depth and subtle particles floating about the scene. It's the one that placed first :)
    "Depth of field tuned in Nuke and minor color correction, plus i added some dust flying in the air in Nuke also used Zdefocus on them."

I think After Effects can do similar stuff, but you need plugins to really get the pretty stuff. I hear Trapcode particular is good at things like dust and etc. :)

Also. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKt_cJfOZ7M Very beautiful music :)
    Christmas song ^^

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571
    edited December 2013

tjohn said:
    [
    monorails would be fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEZjzsnPhnw

That episode makes a good commentary on our local transit commission going head over heels for light rail development at the expense of good bus service.

BTW, Matt Groening comes from Portland OR.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Where was that? Do you know?

Dana

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    It's a frigid 6F outside atm. I gotta go back out in it here shortly

We'll have some warm thoughts for you! :) I know that doesn't help much.

Dana

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:

Mmm... Well I downloaded and installed the Nuke PLE. Will watch some videos on Digital Tutors and see what I can do with it (Or just let it sit there and gather dust :P ) .
    http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=185&t=1104697 One of the forest submissions had used Nuke for some of the depth and subtle particles floating about the scene. It's the one that placed first :)
    "Depth of field tuned in Nuke and minor color correction, plus i added some dust flying in the air in Nuke also used Zdefocus on them."

I think After Effects can do similar stuff, but you need plugins to really get the pretty stuff. I hear Trapcode particular is good at things like dust and etc. :)

Also. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKt_cJfOZ7M Very beautiful music :)
    Christmas song ^^

using Nuke to simulate particles and fog is like driving a bulldozer down to the shops to pick up some milk, you can do it but sheesh that's kinda overkill, and slow :lol:

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    very nice tiger Jaderail Thank you Wendy.
    ...looks pretty darn good to me.
    In the old Space Opera RPG, your system would control a planet sized death star.
    Thank you too Kyoto. The part I remember is how the Apollo missions were ran on a system (onboard) that the Vic 20 was stronger than.
    ...the onboard computer of the Voyager I probe is almost laughable compared to what you carry in your pocket these days however it is still operating some 11 billion miles away and just over 36 years after it was launched. That's some reliability.

As I recall they had to bring in a retired engineer to augment the probe's programming as (according to one official) programmers today have no idea how to write clean, efficient, and concise code anymore.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

I kind of like the suspension railway close to the city I was born in, historic ... but ... huge money sink ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulg8A1tGbuE

edited December 2013

haz an inbox full of lolz :)

are they comfy?

...and it doesn't matter how big they are.
    cat_box.jpg
    500 x 375 - 43K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

cute photos. I found this article while I was looking for information about bridges in Milwaukee, WI: Goose nests on Milwaukee Bridge

edit: changed URL to a page that loads faster.
    ...more on the bridge's former "resident", Gertie.

Gertie the Duck

Here's an actual archive photo.

1537Gertie_the_DuckHistorical1.jpg
    432 x 344 - 18K
    edited December 1969

Mickey is looking fierce, wouldn't wanna be tackled :lol:

...perfectly describes their game play after their quarterback Aaron Rogers went down with a fractured collarbone.

...since then it's been totally "Mickey Mouse".

edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:
    I kind of like the suspension railway close to the city I was born in, historic ... but ... huge money sink ...

wow amazing old tech :)

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Renpatsu said:

:) Started public transport in 1901.

edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:

Whenever I make it to Europe, I need to make a point of riding it. Amazing that it has been in operation for over a century.

A similar suspended monorail built in France for testing purposes was used in FrançoisTruffaut's film adaptation of Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451.

edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:
    ps1borg said:
    Renpatsu said:

:) Started public transport in 1901.

I've heard of Eugen Langen, an early European car guy :)

This discussion has been closed.