Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 6

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,940
    edited November 2013

David – thanks for the new video – the cube renders are awesome I love the 2nd one on the top of page 2.

Horo – thanks for the screen shots, I will check my settings, do you think that the camera setting will have any effect? Thanks for the pdf on hyper textures, downloading it now.

Fencepost – love the moonlit render and the shape. Looking forward to the tutorial.

Stuart – the last render is awesome, love the reflections.

Dangerlad- another nice set of shapes and renders.

Franontheedge – nice renders, love the super Bryce one. I use only Bryce 3D and Wings 3D but I need to follow a tutorial or else I’m dead. I don’t have the gray cells to think further than that. Sometimes by accident I take a different route and end up with a nice shape. Other times I use freebies. ;)

Dave – another adorable Peter render

Trish - and the story continues........soon they will be friends. ;)

Guss – thanks

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,056
    edited December 1969

Horo – thanks for the screen shots, I will check my settings, do you think that the camera setting will have any effect? Thanks for the pdf on hyper textures, downloading it now.

As long as the sky is visible, the camera settings shouldn't make any dramatic difference.

edited December 1969

Horo - My initial settings were the same as yours - I downloaded the pdf from your site and worked with that. I tried moving the camera and you are correct it makes no difference. Anyway doing the exercise was fun. Now I want to try David's snow effect. Thanks for your help.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

you are too smart for me Horo....I just finished this and then saw your post...no surprise for you

" giddy up little doggy" The only way to travel..."HA"

the_only_way_to_travel3.jpg
    1351 x 674 - 824K
    edited November 2013

We were thinking along the same lines, it appears. Nicely done.

Post edited by Horo on
  • Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489
    edited November 2013

."Winston what kind of name is that anyway"....(maybe I could smoke him)....

Smoked Winston is probably good, but I think steamed, boiled, or crab cakes is better. ;)

Thanks, Mermaid and Guss! Both of the sphere objects are super simple to make and I already have the screenshots made....just need to get off my butt and do the tutorials. :D Guss, I thought the same about the pill bugs. LOL

Post edited by Fencepost52 on
  • franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
    edited December 1969

@bullit35744
    Thanks, It's amazing really just how close we are today to Super Bryce being a reality.
    There's 3d printers to turn our models into real objects.
    For the Model Lab there's FreeStuff & MarketPlaces.
    For GreebleCities there's 'CityGenerator'
    – by the way, don't do what I just did and try using this outside of Bryce – it'll cobble up your screen resolution down to 640x480 – and scare the dodahs out of you! Fortunately my husband is recovering from a knee op and thus at home to save me.
    I hope it won't do the same from INSIDE Bryce – has anyone else ever used this prog?
    For the SpaceLab well, that's really just a small part of the FreeStuff and MarketPlaces.
    It is my great regret that we don't yet have a Wings3D button but it's only a few keystrokes away after all.
    So 'SuperBryce' is nearly here, it's just all rather expensive, and not all in one box... yet.
    You are really excellent at storytelling, and at getting expressive emotions into your characters, well done. I thought the ground texture was a little repetitive though, you might want to try David’s grass tutorial http://www.bryce-tutorials.info/bryce-tutorials/realistic-grass-terrains.html - Mermaid got some quite nice results with that, though I haven't tried it myself yet. I've often had trouble stopping the ground surface from looking repetitive – pity we can't always use David's nice hexagon mat and forget it.

@fencepost52,
    Thanks, I didn't manage to get the rain sorted out – which I was trying to do all last night – but I think I may have got that fixed now, and as for the pixelation on the dots I've sorted that out too – the idea I had of plopping the original tiled dots design onto the UV mapped model, instead of the UVMapped texture I made for it – has worked just peachy. (image below)

@Horo
    I still want to know how you did this:
    Horo's StrangeReflection
    – a quick procedure with fascinating results – and fast renders.
    And yes, both the 'BillyBot' image and the 'Key To UnderShore' are not new renders, but I worry that I'm saying too much and not posting enough Bryce renders. Sorry.

@David – can you do a greeble ball – (with a sphere, or at least ending up with a sphere, or better yet ending with a hemisphere?) – and with scafolding? I've got an idea for something like that, I just wondered if it was possible.

@DangerLad,
    I was just looking back through the last thread of BryceRenders, I really liked that one you did of ArtWade's Icosahedron, looks rather like a nest of those metal bands that sometimes wrap up heavy crates, those springy ones that can be lethal if you get tangled in them.

@GussNemo,

I have to wonder who scrubbed that deck to get it so clean before your picnic.

deck? What deck? (looks back) Oh. That's inside the building, so it's laminate flooring. Lol!

@Mermaid,
    I'm rather like you then but the more often you do tutorials, the easier it gets understanding how things work in the prog. You'll get there if you keep at it.

LivingRoom1LightTableClothCrop3.jpg
    1113 x 799 - 161K
    edited December 1969

@fencepost52,
    Thanks, I didn't manage to get the rain sorted out – which I was trying to do all last night – but I think I may have got that fixed now, and as for the pixelation on the dots I've sorted that out too – the idea I had of plopping the original tiled dots design onto the UV mapped model, instead of the UVMapped texture I made for it – has worked just peachy. (image below)

Nice work! Looks great!

@David – can you do a greeble ball – (with a sphere, or at least ending up with a sphere, or better yet ending with a hemisphere?) – and with scafolding? I've got an idea for something like that, I just wondered if it was possible.

Try this and see if it's helpful. The concepts will work the same for a sphere and, instead of sticking with the standard sphere object in Wings, you can add a cube smooth it 2 or 3 times, select all the vertices, and right click > Deform > Inflate > then Tab key and enter 100. You have a perfect sphere with all quads. Maybe this will help....or not! :)

Wings 3D Greeble Tut

edited December 1969

@Horo
    I still want to know how you did this:
    Horo's StrangeReflection
    – a quick procedure with fascinating results – and fast renders.

Mainbody: Diffuse colour monochrome 1, Specular Halo colour monchrome 254, all other colours full white, Transparency 100, Reflection 5 controlled by a positive hyper texture, Refraction 105. Narrow body: Diffuse colour monochrome 1, Specular Halo colour monchrome 254, all other colours full white, Transparency 100, Reflection 10 controlled by a positive hyper texture, Refraction 300. Ground plane: Diffuse colour monochrome 1, Specular Halo colour monchrome 254, all other colours full white, Transparency 100, Reflection 1 controlled by a positive hyper texture, Refraction 40. IBL from Inside, HDRI Entre_800_SC250 (experimental) rendered as backdrop. Quality 16, Saturation 100, Intensity 10 and applied to light source, Specularity -100, HDRI Effect -50. Regular render, MRD 4, TIR 2. Settings may change according to the intensity of the hyper texture and the HDRI used.

And now, the table cloth looks completely different since it is on a table and not just an infinite plane. There is a reflection of it on the door, right of the glass at right.

• DangerladDangerlad Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@FranOnTheEdge, very nice work. I'm wondering what is for dinner in that render.

A qiuck view of a WIP based on a describe my mom gave me of a castle she visited while on vacation in Spain. I have built the battlements of the castle but still need to do the main keep itself. I use TA to render and ended up have to do obscure lighting to avoid some persistent fireflies that did not work in the scene. The background was created use David and Horo scene converter to create a pseudo HDRI backdrop. I then used the backdrop in IBL with a little adjustment of the light probe so I could get the reflection of the moon in the water. The water is just an infinite ground plane with 100% reflect and small amount anisotropic blurring. I think it works very well.

Also in case people haven't realized with I tend to flit from project to project as the mood suits. Many a time I will work on a project until I get bored with it or something interesting makes itself know.

Spanish_Castle.jpg
    1400 x 700 - 345K
    edited December 1969

@Dangerlad - it's coming along nicely.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Trish: "Hi ho Winston." Precious image. So whose going to bandage Bacon's tail? And how is Bacon going to make up for the free ride?

@franontheedge: Deck, building floor, I still like what you did. And the latest, sort of a retro look with the table cloth. Nice results.

@Dangerlad: For me, the image is too dark, though I love the sky. For me, again, the castle reflection is too strong and the anisotropic blurring not as evident. With the moon full there would be more light to highlight everything, even the water. Still, I should be so lucky to do as well.

edited November 2013

I am learning about textures in the new users forum.....and with a lot of help from chohole here is my first stab at it ....very much a WIP for now.......Thanks everyone for the comments........Ok Fran...Whats for dinner???.....Dangerlad It is very nice alittle to dark to see it well

new_Albert.jpg
    332 x 885 - 139K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

Put a "I ♥ Big Bang Theory" shirt on Albert! Or a red, Bazinga shirt. :) Nice work on your first texturing. I'll have to check out the new users forum. Never been there before.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Put a "I ♥ Big Bang Theory" shirt on Albert! Or a red, Bazinga shirt. :) Nice work on your first texturing. I'll have to check out the new users forum. Never been there before.

We have a dedicated New Users Contest forum as well, with contests that are meant to be edumacational. So people learn things and also get a chance to win a prize at the end of the month. Wasn't so long back that we had a Bryce orientated one. The current one is on my other love, clothing textures. Or how to make an old outfit look different by giving it a new texture, as Trish has done here with Albert.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

We have a dedicated New Users Contest forum as well, with contests that are meant to be edumacational. So people learn things and also get a chance to win a prize at the end of the month. Wasn't so long back that we had a Bryce orientated one. The current one is on my other love, clothing textures. Or how to make an old outfit look different by giving it a new texture, as Trish has done here with Albert.

Great! Thank you! I'll stop by there and check it out.

I don't know if this would be helpful, but I've done a couple of GIMP tutorials (dated now, but easily modified for the new GIMP layout) for fabrics: Creating Denim & Creating Satin

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Great! Thank you! I'll stop by there and check it out.

I don't know if this would be helpful, but I've done a couple of GIMP tutorials (dated now, but easily modified for the new GIMP layout) for fabrics: Creating Denim & Creating Satin

Could be handy. You could post the links in the WIP thread. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/31578/

I use PS and a couple of the others are, but I know a lot do use Gimp.

edited December 1969

I'll do just that. Thanks. Also, they can be easily adapted to PS or PSP, etc. because the filters I use are pretty much standard to all: Noise, bump map, displacement....

edited November 2013

Fencepost: oooohhhhh aaaahhhhh jeans and a satin shirt for Albert super!!!! Thanks Trish He is going to be the best dressed scientist in town...LOL

Post edited by Trish on
    edited November 2013

Fencepost: oooohhhhh aaaahhhhh jeans and a satin shirt for Albert super!!!! Thanks Trish He is going to be the best dressed scientist in town...LOL

LOL If you have GIMP, Trish, I have a script that will create the silk for you.

edited November 2013

fencepost: no I don't but if its still free I will download it in the morning......I know nothing about scripts so please be prepared...Trish

meanwhile back at the ranch.......

albert_suit.jpg
    318 x 861 - 134K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited November 2013

Yep, it's still free and I'll help you with it. There are some other scripts I've done that you might be interested in. They're not for clothing, but other stuff like generate bump/height maps and brought into Bryce to modify a terrain.

Here's an example I created with text. The bump/height map was generated quickly in GIMP.

LordOfTheBryce.jpg
    1024 x 300 - 272K
    edited November 2013

WOW that is cool you need to use that as your banner....ok thank you

Post edited by Trish on
  • franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
    edited December 1969

Too late in the morning (3.30am) to talk,
    Just had to post this - after crashing Wings 4or 6 times to get it. and it's all fencepost52's fault - again!
    Result of starting with a smoothed cube as per his instructions, my first scafolding, and not really following any recipes, except vaguely:

NewCubeBalls4.jpg
    1120 x 865 - 166K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Trish: Albert is looking "with it." So how soon will he be in silks?

@franontheedge: You might not have followed the recipe but the results are very nice looking.

edited December 1969

@Trish - nice outfit.

@franontheedge - nice cubes, look special.

edited December 1969

Trish – I like” giddy up little doggy” – poor doggie – love his expression. Nice work on albert’s clothing.

Franontheedge – very nice-the tablet cloth works now. The cubes are awesome

Dangerlad- looking nice although a bit on the dark side.

Fencepost – interesting about the textures, thanks for sharing.

My winter scene using David’s Snow effect, an idea from Dave for metaball balloons and some of the goodies from Horo’s and David’s gift.

winter.jpg
    600 x 600 - 66K
    edited December 1969

@mermaid010 - very nice, could go as a card.

edited December 1969

Just had to post this - after crashing Wings 4or 6 times to get it. and it's all fencepost52's fault - again!

MMMMhhhhhmmmmmm....Sure, sure. Best play nice or next time I'll have you smooth the cube 20 or 30 times before starting to work with it! Nice work on the shapes.

@franontheedge: You might not have followed the recipe but the results are very nice looking.

Since I'm being credited with the blame for Wings crashing, I assume she'll be giving me kudos on her good result! *rolls eyes* :D

@Trish: Albert is looking good!

@mermaid: Nice winter scene and I agree with Horo about it looking good in card form. You're welcome about the textures. Give them a spin....it's painless. :D

edited December 1969

Thanks Horo and Fencepost.

Fencepost- I will download the tuts and try them in Photoshop, I have an ancient version but it may work. If not I will download Gimp, since it's free. ;) Thanks once again.

This discussion has been closed.