ManFriday's Render Queue (the old one from 2019) [Commercial]

11213141517

Comments

  • j.d.wj.d.w Posts: 5

    ManFriday said:

    I still don't know for certain what's going wrong, but there's two things I'm spotting here:

    -- The 'output_dir' does not seem to be a valid path: there is "F" followed immediately by a backslash. That should probably be "F:\". Unless this is a typo from when you posted this, can you try changing the output directory in the Render Queue?

    -- Your output directory contains spaces. I think the RQ handles spaces correctly, but could you try renaming the test folder to something without spaces and using that in the render queue instead?

    Thank you for your patience!

    I tried changing the output directory to a name with no spaces. unfortunate it didn't work. And sorry it was a typo with the output_dir. I also tried moving the scene directory and the output to my main storage space that didn't work. To me, it doesn't seem like the directory is the problem. If I remember correctly when it closes Daz a cmd prompt opens up that is not happening to me. what happens is that Daz studio itself closes but the render queue windows stays open and the render window is open and then the render queue goes into the windows 10 not responding mode and then closes. 

  • j.d.wj.d.w Posts: 5
    edited October 2021

    I screen captured what happens I hope that this can help. As you can see I wait for over 60 seconds before manually opening daz again.

     

     

    Post edited by j.d.w on
  • Hi! I have a problem actually....i've installed it from daz store, yet the app is not showing where it should be (under the "Render" tab). i can't find it anywhere...Help?

  • Hi,
    I'm facing one problem, that is once the Daz studio closes after the rendering the first scene it doesnt automatically restarts. 
    The .bat file is there , if I run it manually it does work but it doesnt launch the .bat file automatically and I'm stuck. 
    Cmd prmt is not launching automaically. Can anyone please help me with this!

    Thank you for the help.

  • On Windows 10 Education Version 20H2 OS build 19042.572,  Daz Studio 4.16.0.3 Pro Edition (64-bit) Render Queue has started working again. For more that a year I could not use it because Daz Studio would not restart after the first render. I am very glad that it is working again and I hope it continues to do so, since I use the script frequently.

  • ManFriday said:

    (...) . I will add animations later.

    hello, i'm a big fan of your product since i have series of 45 scenes to render on each of one of my customer's request ! Did you have the time to implement the animation / image series feature ? as it will be a big time saving for me ( and others )

    Thank you

    Rémy

  • cosmicdawnseriescosmicdawnseries Posts: 200
    edited June 2022

    I second this :)
     

     

    remy.cutard said:

    ManFriday said:

    (...) . I will add animations later.

    hello, i'm a big fan of your product since i have series of 45 scenes to render on each of one of my customer's request ! Did you have the time to implement the animation / image series feature ? as it will be a big time saving for me ( and others )

    Thank you

    Rémy

    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • ManFridayManFriday Posts: 560

    Apologies for the late reply -- I have been really busy with other products and have had no time to work on any of the products in the store lately. I am hopeful that is going to change again soon!

    I'm not sure when I'll have time to implement animations rendering though -- I have a number of things that have piled up in the last few months, and I'll go through them as best as I can. That includes the Render Queue, I would like to update it in general to become more reliable and to also no longer use the Windows registry for storing the queue data.

  • JimbotiniJimbotini Posts: 44

    Would it be possible to control whether or not DAZ is restarted between renders?  In particular if you render multiple cameras per scene it would be quicker to leave the scene open.

    Also, if something dies after a subset of cameras in a scene are rendered, it would be awesome to restart at the failed camera instead of redoing all the cameras.

  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 8,127

    Jimbotini said:

    Would it be possible to control whether or not DAZ is restarted between renders?  In particular if you render multiple cameras per scene it would be quicker to leave the scene open.

    Actually, the renders will take longer.

  • ManFridayManFriday Posts: 560

    Jimbotini said:

    Would it be possible to control whether or not DAZ is restarted between renders?  In particular if you render multiple cameras per scene it would be quicker to leave the scene open.

    Yes, that's on my list :-)

    Also, if something dies after a subset of cameras in a scene are rendered, it would be awesome to restart at the failed camera instead of redoing all the cameras.

    I'm not sure I understand the situation you are describing. What is dying here? Is RQ really re-rendering all cameras? That's probably a bug.

  • JimbotiniJimbotini Posts: 44

    ManFriday said:

    Also, if something dies after a subset of cameras in a scene are rendered, it would be awesome to restart at the failed camera instead of redoing all the cameras.

    I'm not sure I understand the situation you are describing. What is dying here? Is RQ really re-rendering all cameras? That's probably a bug.

     The situation is that an example scene with 5 cameras to be rendered, completes 4 of the 5 cameras, but while rendering the 5th camera, DAZ crashes during the render (or some other part of the process).  When you relaunch DAZ and the render queue, it shows the scene as failed and requeues the it for render.  I can recreate it by making any scene (test or otherwise) let it render a camera or 2, then hit the close button on the top right of the RQ window some point before rendering the next camera.

  • ManFridayManFriday Posts: 560

    Jimbotini said:

    ManFriday said:

    Also, if something dies after a subset of cameras in a scene are rendered, it would be awesome to restart at the failed camera instead of redoing all the cameras.

    I'm not sure I understand the situation you are describing. What is dying here? Is RQ really re-rendering all cameras? That's probably a bug.

     The situation is that an example scene with 5 cameras to be rendered, completes 4 of the 5 cameras, but while rendering the 5th camera, DAZ crashes during the render (or some other part of the process).  When you relaunch DAZ and the render queue, it shows the scene as failed and requeues the it for render.  I can recreate it by making any scene (test or otherwise) let it render a camera or 2, then hit the close button on the top right of the RQ window some point before rendering the next camera.

    OK, I understand. That can probably be fixed. I'll add it to the list!

  • Does anyone know if Render Queue works with (is compatible with) Zev0's Camera Magic? Camera Magic | Daz 3D

    So Render Queue rendering all the different camera's of a file while Camera Magic orchestrates what is in the actual picture.

    That would make these two products very strong companions !

  • LeticiaLeticia Posts: 126

    DoctorJellybean said:

    Jimbotini said:

    Would it be possible to control whether or not DAZ is restarted between renders?  In particular if you render multiple cameras per scene it would be quicker to leave the scene open.

    Actually, the renders will take longer.

    Even if per-camera time rendering is longer, it may not take longer to complete the queue, depending on the time it takes to open the scene.  I look forward to this option being added.

  • Jimbotini said:

    Would it be possible to control whether or not DAZ is restarted between renders?  In particular if you render multiple cameras per scene it would be quicker to leave the scene open.

    Also, if something dies after a subset of cameras in a scene are rendered, it would be awesome to restart at the failed camera instead of redoing all the cameras.

    I am working on an update that will probably be ready in a few weeks which will make restarting Daz Studio optional and be more robust in handling all kinds of failures too. It will have a lot of other new features as well!

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,514

    Although I love Render Queue, there are three things that I don't like about it:

    1. When it finishes, it leaves all smoothed objects with Interactive Update ON. That is bad. It makes the Daz Studio viewport interaction terribly slow. A friend wrote me a script to go through the scene and turn Interactive Update OFF on everything. I have to run that script every time after running Render Queue, if I am not going to immediately close the scene. I would love to see the Render Queue update NOT leave Interactive Update ON.
    2. Render Queue seems to force all dForce hair to Line Tessellation 2. Daz Studio and Iray have been updated, at least in recent Betas, to generate less resource hungry, but still good looking, dForce hair at Line Tessellation 0. It is not possible to render Line Tessellation 0 with Render Queue. It also seems not possible to render with line tessellation 3. The result of all of this is that the Render Queue render does not look like the regular Iray Render. I have found no workaround for this, and simply cannot use Render Queue for those scenes. I would love to see Render Queue update respect the Line Tessellation value set in the scene.
    3. Render Queue does not work with the new Camera Magic product from Zev0. It renders the wrong view. Render Doctor from RiverSoftArt does work with Camera Magic, so I use that instead when I use Camera Magic in queued scenes. I would love for the Render Queue update to add compatibility with Camera Magic.
  • barbult said:

    Although I love Render Queue, there are three things that I don't like about it:

    1. When it finishes, it leaves all smoothed objects with Interactive Update ON. That is bad. It makes the Daz Studio viewport interaction terribly slow. A friend wrote me a script to go through the scene and turn Interactive Update OFF on everything. I have to run that script every time after running Render Queue, if I am not going to immediately close the scene. I would love to see the Render Queue update NOT leave Interactive Update ON.
    2. Render Queue seems to force all dForce hair to Line Tessellation 2. Daz Studio and Iray have been updated, at least in recent Betas, to generate less resource hungry, but still good looking, dForce hair at Line Tessellation 0. It is not possible to render Line Tessellation 0 with Render Queue. It also seems not possible to render with line tessellation 3. The result of all of this is that the Render Queue render does not look like the regular Iray Render. I have found no workaround for this, and simply cannot use Render Queue for those scenes. I would love to see Render Queue update respect the Line Tessellation value set in the scene.
    3. Render Queue does not work with the new Camera Magic product from Zev0. It renders the wrong view. Render Doctor from RiverSoftArt does work with Camera Magic, so I use that instead when I use Camera Magic in queued scenes. I would love for the Render Queue update to add compatibility with Camera Magic.

    Hi Barbult, I did a lot of testing today and it looks like you found three actual bugs in the Render Queue. Thank you! I'll write you a PM.

     

  • ManFriday said:

    barbult said:

    Although I love Render Queue, there are three things that I don't like about it:

    1. When it finishes, it leaves all smoothed objects with Interactive Update ON. That is bad. It makes the Daz Studio viewport interaction terribly slow. A friend wrote me a script to go through the scene and turn Interactive Update OFF on everything. I have to run that script every time after running Render Queue, if I am not going to immediately close the scene. I would love to see the Render Queue update NOT leave Interactive Update ON.
    2. Render Queue seems to force all dForce hair to Line Tessellation 2. Daz Studio and Iray have been updated, at least in recent Betas, to generate less resource hungry, but still good looking, dForce hair at Line Tessellation 0. It is not possible to render Line Tessellation 0 with Render Queue. It also seems not possible to render with line tessellation 3. The result of all of this is that the Render Queue render does not look like the regular Iray Render. I have found no workaround for this, and simply cannot use Render Queue for those scenes. I would love to see Render Queue update respect the Line Tessellation value set in the scene.
    3. Render Queue does not work with the new Camera Magic product from Zev0. It renders the wrong view. Render Doctor from RiverSoftArt does work with Camera Magic, so I use that instead when I use Camera Magic in queued scenes. I would love for the Render Queue update to add compatibility with Camera Magic.

    Hi Barbult, I did a lot of testing today and it looks like you found three actual bugs in the Render Queue. Thank you! I'll write you a PM.

     

    The third point on Barbult's list would also be high on my wishlist ! 

  • Thistle said:

    ManFriday said:

    barbult said:

    Although I love Render Queue, there are three things that I don't like about it:

    1. When it finishes, it leaves all smoothed objects with Interactive Update ON. That is bad. It makes the Daz Studio viewport interaction terribly slow. A friend wrote me a script to go through the scene and turn Interactive Update OFF on everything. I have to run that script every time after running Render Queue, if I am not going to immediately close the scene. I would love to see the Render Queue update NOT leave Interactive Update ON.
    2. Render Queue seems to force all dForce hair to Line Tessellation 2. Daz Studio and Iray have been updated, at least in recent Betas, to generate less resource hungry, but still good looking, dForce hair at Line Tessellation 0. It is not possible to render Line Tessellation 0 with Render Queue. It also seems not possible to render with line tessellation 3. The result of all of this is that the Render Queue render does not look like the regular Iray Render. I have found no workaround for this, and simply cannot use Render Queue for those scenes. I would love to see Render Queue update respect the Line Tessellation value set in the scene.
    3. Render Queue does not work with the new Camera Magic product from Zev0. It renders the wrong view. Render Doctor from RiverSoftArt does work with Camera Magic, so I use that instead when I use Camera Magic in queued scenes. I would love for the Render Queue update to add compatibility with Camera Magic.

    Hi Barbult, I did a lot of testing today and it looks like you found three actual bugs in the Render Queue. Thank you! I'll write you a PM.

     

    The third point on Barbult's list would also be high on my wishlist ! 

    I am cautiously optimistic that I have fixed all three items. :-)

  • ManFriday said:

    I am cautiously optimistic that I have fixed all three items. :-)

    Update available sooner than later then? smiley

  • DoctorJellybean said:

    ManFriday said:

    I am cautiously optimistic that I have fixed all three items. :-)

    Update available sooner than later then? smiley

    Yeah it's looking good. I'm hoping to submit it for the store this week.

  • OZ-84OZ-84 Posts: 128

    Hello ManFriday :-), 

    since i am using this great product too, i wanted to give u some feedback on it (in truth i have 2 wishes for you to considert to add to a future version *giggle*). 

    Maybe this was mentioned before ...

    1.It would be great if there was an option to ignore errors on loading of the scene. Like "Duplicate formulas found" or "xyz missing ...."

    2. What i am also missing is a setting to overrite render settings. It would be so nice if one could set the plugin to XX Iterations and XX time or XX quality, overwriting whatever is safed for the particular scene. 

    Thanks for your hard work on those great tools :-)

  • OZ-84 said:

    Hello ManFriday :-), 

    since i am using this great product too, i wanted to give u some feedback on it (in truth i have 2 wishes for you to considert to add to a future version *giggle*). 

    Maybe this was mentioned before ...

    1.It would be great if there was an option to ignore errors on loading of the scene. Like "Duplicate formulas found" or "xyz missing ...."

    2. What i am also missing is a setting to overrite render settings. It would be so nice if one could set the plugin to XX Iterations and XX time or XX quality, overwriting whatever is safed for the particular scene. 

    Thanks for your hard work on those great tools :-)

    Yes and yes. :-)

  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,514
    @ManFriday I've sent you some PMs.
  • OZ-84OZ-84 Posts: 128

    ManFriday said:

    OZ-84 said:

    Hello ManFriday :-), 

    since i am using this great product too, i wanted to give u some feedback on it (in truth i have 2 wishes for you to considert to add to a future version *giggle*). 

    Maybe this was mentioned before ...

    1.It would be great if there was an option to ignore errors on loading of the scene. Like "Duplicate formulas found" or "xyz missing ...."

    2. What i am also missing is a setting to overrite render settings. It would be so nice if one could set the plugin to XX Iterations and XX time or XX quality, overwriting whatever is safed for the particular scene. 

    Thanks for your hard work on those great tools :-)

    Yes and yes. :-)

    HA! Thank you! :-)

  • chris_76043936chris_76043936 Posts: 6
    edited September 2022

    I am using this product for a long time and I am extremply happy.
    I was wondering if can have one option which I found someone already asked for :
    Would it be possible to control whether or not DAZ is restarted between renders? In particular if you render multiple cameras per scene it would be quicker to leave the scene open.

     and I am so happy to see it has been resolved just a few days ago:
    I am working on an update that will probably be ready in a few weeks which will make restarting Daz Studio optional 

     

    Can't wait to see it in Daz3D store! 
    Thank you

    Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • chris_76043936 said:

    I am using this product for a long time and I am extremply happy.
    I was wondering if can have one option which I found someone already asked for :
    Would it be possible to control whether or not DAZ is restarted between renders? In particular if you render multiple cameras per scene it would be quicker to leave the scene open.

     and I am so happy to see it has been resolved just a few days ago:
    I am working on an update that will probably be ready in a few weeks which will make restarting Daz Studio optional 

     

    Can't wait to see it in Daz3D store! 
    Thank you

    Yes, restarting Daz Studio will become optional, and be turned off by default too.

  • ManFriday said:

    DoctorJellybean said:

    ManFriday said:

    I am cautiously optimistic that I have fixed all three items. :-)

    Update available sooner than later then? smiley

    Yeah it's looking good. I'm hoping to submit it for the store this week.

    How is the submission going?

  • The Man Friday products that I use, Render Queue and Mesh Grabber, are excellent and I use them both in every project. Man Friday is my favorite DS tool provider. I am endebted to him! 

    I am having another issue with render queue, however. Sitting in front of my computer, when I start Daz Studio (4.16) with the -allowremote flag, load a scene, set up render queue to render the current scene with all visible cameras, then start the render queue, everything works as expected. Unless, at any point during the processes I am away from my desk and  I use remote desktop to log into the machine to check on the status of the renders then logout again, the next time one render completes and the next one attempts to start I get the notorious OpenGL version error and the render does not start.  I do not have to be logged in remotely when the render tries to start. It is enough that I logged in remotely for a few seconds then looged out. Why would this happen? Does the render queue script that executes not start DS with the -allowremote flag set? It really makes no sense. Why would DS think I am using remote desktop when I am not? That is, I did use it, but I got out before the next rendere started. But the system acts like I'm still logged in remotely. Any ideas?

Sign In or Register to comment.