ManFriday's Render Queue (the old one from 2019) [Commercial]

Comments

• RenderQueue does not work for me ( 59787_RenderQueueforDAZStudio45Win64bit_1.2.5_ds.exe, downloaded from Daz3d yesterday, 13 December 2020). It renders the first scene in the queue, stops, and then restarts. But it never loads the next scene. The log shows numerous errors of the type,

"WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: " 

I downloaded the file "MF_renderq.dll" from https://mega.nz/folder/K7wQzLaA#MuqXZ9EwQLrTQoE39xK9pQ and replaced the older version of the same in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins. But when I start RenderQueue from DS (4.14.0.8) I get the message box (image attached) that says that the replacement dll expired yesterday.

Please help me to get this to work.

2020-12-14_124419.png
    501 x 227 - 10K
  • lamoid_5f20d3e469 said:

RenderQueue does not work for me ( 59787_RenderQueueforDAZStudio45Win64bit_1.2.5_ds.exe, downloaded from Daz3d yesterday, 13 December 2020). It renders the first scene in the queue, stops, and then restarts. But it never loads the next scene. The log shows numerous errors of the type,

"WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\cloud\dzcloudtasknotifier.cpp(178): Got an unknown command from the persistent connection: " 

I downloaded the file "MF_renderq.dll" from https://mega.nz/folder/K7wQzLaA#MuqXZ9EwQLrTQoE39xK9pQ and replaced the older version of the same in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins. But when I start RenderQueue from DS (4.14.0.8) I get the message box (image attached) that says that the replacement dll expired yesterday.

Please help me to get this to work.

You'll have to wait till the update is available, I'm afraid.

• Thank you for your lighning fast response, ManFriday! I presume you do not know when the update will be available?  

Just a bit of fan mail here:  Through Mesh GrabberYou have made it possible for me to use DS in ways that I could have only hoped for. It is one my my most important, essential tools. RenderQueue, once it works for me will be likewise, since most of my renders take 4-5 hours to complete using iray on my SotA Windows box with an RTX-2070.

[Would love to see Mesh Grabber modified have an ellipsoidal region of action with variable length axes and direction.]

• Oh that response was from Jellybean, not ManFriday.  Thank you, Jellybean, for your comment.

• I'm sorry for the delay, the Render Queue update is still in the queue at Daz. Nothing I can do about that I'm afraid.

I have uploaded a refreshed beta to https://mega.nz/folder/K7wQzLaA#MuqXZ9EwQLrTQoE39xK9pQ to give those that had problems another four weeks until the update is hopefully in the store. The caveats I posted at https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6222786/#Comment_6222786 still apply, but other than the timebomb this build is identical to the version I submitted to Daz.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays everybody!

• I'm also attaching the updated readme PDF from the new release.

pdf
    pdf
    RenderQueueReadme.pdf
  • About Denoiser not working in Render Queue

Hi

I had the same problem with denoiser and render queue. the solution is to have the viewport set on iray when you save the scene. this saves the denoiser settings with the scene and render queue then picks them up. Works when saved with save script as well

At least seems to work that way so far for me.

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118

Yes I'm having the same issue (Render Queue renders the 1st file, then crashes. If I reopen it, it starts from the 2nd one and so on).

I'm glad to read you've already fixed it!
    I hope they'll release the update soon, because your plugin is a core part of my workflow.

• Hi there

I just bought this tool. It seems handy and does what is promised in the product description.

Still let me make one suggestion for improving this tool: 

It really should be able to render more than just the frame that was on the display when the queued scene was saved, meaning that it should let you choose what frames it will render as es sries of images from the same scene, just like the option in the basic DAZ Stuido render interface. 

Is there any chance such a feature could be implemented in the future? Or am I missing something and this is actually possible?

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you all.

• Hello! I have problem when rendering with max time settings. its just render until i stop it manually.  If i set "render quality on" then it will stop when reach convergence but will ignore max time or samles too.

Does anyone have same problem?

Ill attach settings and log file.At 9:03:55 i woke up and pressed stop button.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    1M
    Screenshot (82).png
    528 x 354 - 48K

So, any news about when the update will come?

I wanted to render more during these holidays, but it's been already 8 days I can't queue renders.

Do we have to wait until 2021?

• LenioTG said:

I wanted to render more during these holidays, but it's been already 8 days I can't queue renders.

You can use the time bombed beta in this post, just replace the installed DLL file with the beta version

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6321536/#Comment_6321536

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 353

ManFriday said:

I have submitted the update to Daz, finally, so hopefully it'll be out soon.

This was posted on December 2nd.

Has it really taken Daz more than a month to approve a much-needed update?

DoctorJellybean said:

LenioTG said:

You can use the time bombed beta in this post, just replace the installed DLL file with the beta version

Thank you, I had not seen it!

Can somebody explain to me how to install it?
    Does it work only with Daz Studio Public Build?

I didn't think it took so long for Daz to update these necessary products.
    3 colleagues have already switched to Batch Render.
    The other day I had to render 23 images... you can imagine how it was to interrupt what I was doing and restart Daz every single time, it took the whole day :'(

• LenioTG said:

DoctorJellybean said:

LenioTG said:

The other day I had to render 23 images... you can imagine how it was to interrupt what I was doing and restart Daz every single time, it took the whole day :'(

Unzip it to a temp folder. Copy the unzipped dll file to the plugins folder of your installed DS, replacing the installed file. Make sure DS is closed when doing that.

DoctorJellybean said:

LenioTG said:

DoctorJellybean said:

LenioTG said:

Unzip it to a temp folder. Copy the unzipped dll file to the plugins folder of your installed DS, replacing the installed file. Make sure DS is closed when doing that.

Thank you, it worked! :D

JamieM said:

ManFriday said:

Yes, this is UNBELIAVABLE.

Render Queue is not a random shirt that you can find thousands of: it's a vital part of our workflow.
    People work with Daz Studio, and pay a lot of money to Daz3D. It would be nice to see those issues fixed on day 1, if they forgot to test beforehand.

If you ask me, they should include Render Queue or something similar in Daz itself.

If you ask me, they should include Render Queue or something similar in Daz itself.

Absolutely. It's essential. Otherwise I spend all day doing nothing ... just waiting.

• Agreed, a batch renderer is essential to a lot of work, and it is still irking that what we currently have doesn't work with animations.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    JamieM said:

ManFriday said:

Yup. With the holidays, it has been even longer for some products, according to what some PAs have said.
  • Hm noticed another detail in my problem with renderqueue. It still doesnt stop after max time reached but stops if max convergence reached. But another funny thing - it seems to stop rendering at mixe time but dont close process.

2021-01-05 08:08:03.896 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Received update to 07661 iterations after 5390.365s.
    2021-01-05 08:08:10.146 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Received update to 07668 iterations after 5396.613s. (here it reached max time and no iterations for next 3 hours until i manually closed it)
    2021-01-05 11:04:02.479 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Received update to 07674 iterations after 15948.942s.
    2021-01-05 11:04:02.494 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Maximum render time exceeded.

Maybe anyone had the same problem??

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 549

It has gone through testing and is awaiting the creation of installers now, so hopefully it won't take too long now. Sorry for the delays!

rziganshin12 said:

Hm noticed another detail in my problem with renderqueue. It still doesnt stop after max time reached but stops if max convergence reached. But another funny thing - it seems to stop rendering at mixe time but dont close process.

2021-01-05 08:08:03.896 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Received update to 07661 iterations after 5390.365s.
    2021-01-05 08:08:10.146 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Received update to 07668 iterations after 5396.613s. (here it reached max time and no iterations for next 3 hours until i manually closed it)
    2021-01-05 11:04:02.479 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Received update to 07674 iterations after 15948.942s.
    2021-01-05 11:04:02.494 Iray [INFO] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend progr: Maximum render time exceeded.

Maybe anyone had the same problem??

These messages come from the Iray engine, not the Render Queue, so I don't think the Render Queue can do anything about them. I'm no expert on the actual Iray settings, but maybe tinkering with the options in the Render Settings will help?

• I need some help. Since a few months I have big issues with the product. For instance, yesterday I finished three different scenes which I wanted DAZ Studio to finish over night while I was sleeping. DAZ Studio rendered the first scene properly. For the second scene, the render took more than 4 hours (a scene that usually needs approximately one hour). I asked the program to shut down the computer when the scene is finished. Instead, my computer was still on but on standby. I am very confused, because the program did its job properly a few months ago. Is there something that I have to change in the settings? What can I do?

The beta expired again, and Daz still hasn't made the update available in DIM.

Yup, expired again.

Hard to believe that Daz can be so slow with a key update for an essential workflow tool which they ARE STILL SELLING even though they are themselves not allowing it to work. 

Could we have an urgent new dll please ManFriday?

• Unfortunately, @ManFriday has problems accessing the forums. He apologizes for the lengthy delay, and asked me to inform you that Render Queue has gone through testing and should be in the store in a couple of days.

A bunch of users, even PAs and even a forum administrator, are locked out of their forum account. Daz web team is aware and is working it, I have been told. Those of us still able to log in here are the lucky ones. We'll just have to wait for the Render Queue update.

Thank you for helping out, Doc Jellybean and barbult - looks like my forum access has been repaired. And yes, the RQ update should be out real soon now!

You're back!