ManFriday's Render Queue (the old one from 2019) [Commercial]

Comments

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 549

barbult said:

You're back!

What's even better, the Render Queue update has shown up in my DIM. :-)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

I've download and installed it. I have version 2.0.0 now.

barbult said:

I've download and installed it. I have version 2.0.0 now.

Excellent. I hope it works for everybody!

• Has 2.0 rolled out for everyone? I'm still on 1.25 and no sign of an updated version in my DIM.

notsram_827a4d215e said:

Has 2.0 rolled out for everyone? I'm still on 1.25 and no sign of an updated version in my DIM.

Maybe refresh your DIM. It showd up right away for me.

• notsram_827a4d215enotsram_827a4d215e Posts: 21
    edited January 2021

barbult said:

notsram_827a4d215e said:

Has 2.0 rolled out for everyone? I'm still on 1.25 and no sign of an updated version in my DIM.

Maybe refresh your DIM. It showd up right away for me.

I did that as soon as I read it was out. No luck.

Just tried again this morning and still nothing. I'll keep trying every few hours :) This is one of the most useful utilities I've ever bought!

*edit* went to the product page and clicked the link there. Installed through DIM and I now have 2.0 :)

*further edit* For the first time since DS 3.11, I can finally run the render queue without my other instances of DS closing/crashing! :D

Post edited by notsram_827a4d215e on
  •  

No luck for me untill now. :(

RQ does not show up despite I do refresh my DIM like every five minutes. Manually I can down load the installer .exe file from my old orders, but it won't install the actual files. In addition to this all, the product finally has disappeared from the shop. The friendly lion is gone.

Again many thanks Manfriday, for your personal support and first writing the great product.

• esteri64 said:

No luck for me untill now. :(

RQ does not show up despite I do refresh my DIM like every five minutes. Manually I can down load the installer .exe file from my old orders, but it won't install the actual files. In addition to this all, the product finally has disappeared from the shop. The friendly lion is gone.

Again many thanks Manfriday, for your personal support and first writing the great product.

The DIM installer should be available in your Product Library in your online account. As for the product itself, it is still in the store:

https://www.daz3d.com/render-queue

• plaul2002plaul2002 Posts: 127
    edited January 2021

Manfriday,

I'm still on 4.12 but just updated your renderque.  It was working fine until I updated now its rendering once and the stopping and clearing the rendering que completley.  So I had lets say 10 renders ques up, it renders one clese the "app" and doens't open back up.  Go into render que and now it's blank.

Thoughts?  Hoping I don't have to "upgrade" to 4.15.

Thanks.

EDIT *Disregard, appears to be working now.  Not sure the what the issue was...

Post edited by plaul2002 on
  • I'm extremely confused. THe queue was here last night. This morning, it's gone. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the queue to no avail. I don't see any update either sadly. Was it because I upgraded to 4.15?

• mistressphoenix74 said:

I'm extremely confused. THe queue was here last night. This morning, it's gone. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the queue to no avail. I don't see any update either sadly. Was it because I upgraded to 4.15?

If it's still installed, open DS and click Window - Workspace - Update and Merge Menus

• DoctorJellybean said:

mistressphoenix74 said:

I'm extremely confused. THe queue was here last night. This morning, it's gone. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the queue to no avail. I don't see any update either sadly. Was it because I upgraded to 4.15?

If it's still installed, open DS and click Window - Workspace - Update and Merge Menus

It doesn't appear that worked unfortunately. :(

DoctorJellybean said:

mistressphoenix74 said:

Is it listed in About Installed Plugins under Help?

• DoctorJellybean said:

mistressphoenix74 said:

DoctorJellybean said:

mistressphoenix74 said:

Is it listed in About Installed Plugins under Help?

o.o no, it isn't! It was there earlier today though! It was there, but the option to use it wasn't. Now it's totally gone.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,890
    edited January 2021

Start DIM and see if it's listed as installed. If it is, uninstall and reinstall it (make sure DS is closed).

If it is listed, but doesn't show, then click Window - Workspace - Update and Merge Menus.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • DoctorJellybean said:

Start DIM and see if it's listed as installed. If it is, uninstall and reinstall it (make sure DS is closed).

If it is listed, but doesn't show, then click Window - Workspace - Update and Merge Menus.

what if ive done that? I'm not the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to this stuff but I did try that. 

DoctorJellybean said:

what if ive done that? I'm not the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to this stuff but I did try that. 

Did you use DIM or DazCentral to install it?

Ok, find the zip (IM00059787-02_RenderQueueforDAZStudio45Win64bit.zip), extract it to a temp folder. Copy the extracted MF_renderq.dll to

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins

The above path is for the General Release, if you have the Public Beta then it would be

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public\plugins

Restart DS, click Window - Workspace - Update and Merge Menus.

It should now appear under Render on the menu bar.

• DoctorJellybean said:

mistressphoenix74 said:

DoctorJellybean said:

Did you use DIM or DazCentral to install it?

Ok, find the zip (IM00059787-02_RenderQueueforDAZStudio45Win64bit.zip), extract it to a temp folder. Copy the extracted MF_renderq.dll to

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins

The above path is for the General Release, if you have the Public Beta then it would be

C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public\plugins

Restart DS, click Window - Workspace - Update and Merge Menus.

It should now appear under Render on the menu bar.

I think I got it! I have a bunch of othertechnical issues as well but at least I can render now! Thank you so much!

• XornflXornfl Posts: 102

Hi, im interested on the flash sale, hope I can get an answer before it vanishes if it can be possible, I have noticed that Daz3d haves a delay on shut down on closing the program, i see on the task mannager that it slowly go down until it vanishes from the tasks, im using a pc with Win 7 and have an intel proccessor core i7 4790k, an EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition, 8GB GDDR5, and 24  GB RAM, so, the question is if it will work with that delay on reopen or make the que? it will open the next scene and go on or it will close and reopen Daz3d to continue the batch? thnx in advance

• Xornfl said:

Hi, im interested on the flash sale, hope I can get an answer before it vanishes if it can be possible, I have noticed that Daz3d haves a delay on shut down on closing the program, i see on the task mannager that it slowly go down until it vanishes from the tasks, im using a pc with Win 7 and have an intel proccessor core i7 4790k, an EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition, 8GB GDDR5, and 24  GB RAM, so, the question is if it will work with that delay on reopen or make the que? it will open the next scene and go on or it will close and reopen Daz3d to continue the batch? thnx in advance

i am not the creator of the program but there's an option in the queue to either shut daz normally, or kill it. If the normal shut down is too slow, the kill option is there. For what it's worth, my daz also sits in the background for a long time but I've had no problems with the restart. The only hiccup I've gotten (outside of it disappearing thanks to the daz update) is when I lost internet, daz took longer to open than the timer. The process kind of froze because of it. 

I wouldn't worry about the daz closing though!

mistressphoenix74 said:

Xornfl said:

i am not the creator of the program but there's an option in the queue to either shut daz normally, or kill it. If the normal shut down is too slow, the kill option is there. For what it's worth, my daz also sits in the background for a long time but I've had no problems with the restart. The only hiccup I've gotten (outside of it disappearing thanks to the daz update) is when I lost internet, daz took longer to open than the timer. The process kind of froze because of it. 

thnx so much, getting it to the cart!!!!

Xornfl said:

mistressphoenix74 said:

Xornfl said:

Buy it and try it. Most of us love it. Daz has a 30 day return policy. There is no risk. It it doesn't work for you, submit a help request and return it for a refund. 

barbult said:

Xornfl said:

mistressphoenix74 said:

Xornfl said:

Buy it and try it. Most of us love it. Daz has a 30

day return policy. There is no risk. It it doesn't work for you, submit a help request and return it for a refund. 

Oh i dint knew that, have years buying stuff here XD guess i never had a problem but this kind of scripting stuff gives me the nerves XD

Xornfl said:

The version 2.0 of the Render Queue that's in the store right now handles all these cases without needing any configuration, hopefully. It will even work with multiple instances running at the same time.

If you bought the Render Queue previously, you should see the free update in DIM. If you are buying the Render Queue now, you will get version 2.0.

ManFriday said:

Xornfl said:

The version 2.0 of the Render Queue that's in the store right now handles all these cases without needing any configuration, hopefully. It will even work with multiple instances running at the same time.

If you bought the Render Queue previously, you should see the free update in DIM. If you are buying the Render Queue now, you will get version 2.0.

Wasn't aware it existed, for long time I left daz, was cool to see it on sale, is at home and ready to work, thnx for ur awesome  product and thnx for the reply o/

• Hi!

Is it possible to programatically change the Render Queue? I mean, is the render queue an editable text file, a JSON, XML, or something like that?
    The plan is this: everytime a new scene (.duf) is updated, it's automatically added to the render queue. This will really help me a lot.

Also I wish it would be possible to edit the render queue while it's rendering, because sometimes I don't want to stop a 50 minute render in the middle to edit the queue.

oppai-man said:

Hi!

Is it possible to programatically change the Render Queue? I mean, is the render queue an editable text file, a JSON, XML, or something like that?
    The plan is this: everytime a new scene (.duf) is updated, it's automatically added to the render queue. This will really help me a lot.

I'm afraid I didn't design for that. The contents of the Render Queue are stored as a JSON string in the Windows registry, you can find them with Regedit under the other Daz Studio entries. But there's no guarantee I won't change the format in the future, and even if you manage to change the JSON via script while Daz Studio is running, the Render Queue wouldn't notice and probably overwrite your changes.

Also I wish it would be possible to edit the render queue while it's rendering, because sometimes I don't want to stop a 50 minute render in the middle to edit the queue.

That's not easy to do. The Render Queue tells Daz Studio to start a render, and while that is going on, the user interface is blocked. The only way around that would be to start a second instance of Daz Studio, but that would be a completely different design.

Sorry, no good news here!

• JamieMJamieM Posts: 353

Just to say that since the update Render Queue (which used to regularly crash / fail) is now working perfectly.

I've not had a single fail, even with some big or complex scenes.

Thanks very much. Great repair job!

• carlroller@verizon.net[email protected] Posts: 42
    edited February 2021

I've clearly done something wrong here and am hoping someone might be able to guide me. I just purchased this and tried to install it via Daz Central. I was prompted to select my version (4.5, 4.x public, 4.x private), I selected public, selected the Daz3D parent folder on my HD, and it appears to have been installed. I then opened up Studio, and I don't have the option under the "Render" menu. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling (which now happens without a prompt as to which version I'm using), but it's just not showing. Thoughts?

EDIT:  I was able to get it to install using DIM, although when running it seems to have trouble closing DAZ, doing a forced kill of the executable after 60 seconds. frown

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • I'm glad you got it installed! The Render Queue closes the scene before it restarts Daz Studio, so it shouldn't take 60 seconds to restart. You can try to extend that timeframe though in the extended settings dialog (please see the PDF manual).