Heroes, Heroines and 3D Graphics - July Freebie Contest

1121315171827

Comments

  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

    Kludge said:
    jeeperz said:

    she is the host this month, but the ETO's are here to help out and answer questions every month. We host too, and THROW PIES as needed.

    ETOs ... European Theaters of Operation? Extra Terrific (or Terrible) Operatives? Easy To ... hmmm ... O ... dunno - stuck on that one. Open?


    I like Extra Terrific Operatives

  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

    Kludge said:
    So there are no rules there are just the word of the judge?

    Not really.

    What it comes down to is this. Yes, there are rules and, yes, some are unwritten. Is it confusing for a beginner? Yep but keep in mind the unwritten rules came about kind of haphazard rather than in any ordered way to answer specific situations. You learn them with time and paying attention to what others do. In time, patterns evolve that make it a lot easier to understand the whys and wherefores of those unwritten rules and how they fit in with the written ones. The bottom line is fair play - ie, a level playing field - and fun.

    Cool?

    well put Kludge...
    and an added note to that is, the rules weren't made to confuse you, There are many contests out there, if the rules bother you so much that you can't stop complaining, find another contest (oops, did I just say that). I don't mean to offend but please stop killing the fun by complaining.

  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

    chohole said:
    I rather like Evasion Tactics Order or maybe Extended Talking Objective or we could even try to Escape The Others

    those would work too...

  • agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited December 1969

    jeeperz said:
    Kludge said:
    So there are no rules there are just the word of the judge?

    Not really.

    What it comes down to is this. Yes, there are rules and, yes, some are unwritten. Is it confusing for a beginner? Yep but keep in mind the unwritten rules came about kind of haphazard rather than in any ordered way to answer specific situations. You learn them with time and paying attention to what others do. In time, patterns evolve that make it a lot easier to understand the whys and wherefores of those unwritten rules and how they fit in with the written ones. The bottom line is fair play - ie, a level playing field - and fun.

    Cool?

    well put Kludge...
    and an added note to that is, the rules weren't made to confuse you, There are many contests out there, if the rules bother you so much that you can't stop complaining, find another contest (oops, did I just say that). I don't mean to offend but please stop killing the fun by complaining.

    This is going too far. I had a series of renders complete and almost ready to submit. I'm out.

    Alexa

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2012

    Alexa, that wasn't aimed at you, please don't give up now. You have been one of the stalwarts of the freebie challenge for some time now, and we were looking forward so much to seeing what you would do with this one.

    Post edited by Chohole on
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

    gosh no, Alexa, you have been way fun around here, I understand how you feel, I apologize, I never meant to offend, I'm just sick of the complaining around here. I just need to move on and maybe quit this forum, I think I may have to drop my ETO status and just hit the road. All I ever wanted way to stop the constant complaining we have gotten here lately, and instead I have become one of them. I think I'll talk to music about it. I really am done with it all, I can get this stuff at home, I come here to have fun and if this is how it's going to be I'm outa here.

  • Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    The Freebie Challenge is two parts. a competition and a social club, they need each other to make the Challenge what it is, a fun place to hang a round. The club side will have to accept that there are competition related things that has to be discussed, like rules, just like the competition side has to accept that a few pies fly around now and then. We need each other. jeeperz is willing to fight for the club, side just like I'm willing to fight for the competition side, but we have the same goal, a better Challenge. We need the balance, if one side takes over the Challenge will die. The only other thing that will truly hurt the Challenge is people leaving.
    I, for one, plan to hang around a while longer. Hope to see you too.


    Cheers! Oom

  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited July 2012

    you are partially right Oom, I fight fight for the both parts of this thread. The club (social) side of this is a fraction of what I fight for. I am not a social person, never have been, I have a facebook page I rarely go to, don't tweet or blog, don't go to other forums and post, just not that into the social aspect. but in order for this all to work we need to leave complaining out. I agree with cho that we need a complaint thread for people to air their issues out and keep it out of here, or pm people if you feel the rules don't work for you. but don't post it here where we want to enjoy things. I think is is great that you want to hang around here. We are all a great bunch of people here and even when we complain, we try to be fair and respectful. I hope at some point you just go with the flow on the rules, they were really designed for everyone to understand. Most people are fine with it and some aren't. That is part of life, if we all thought the same we might as well be a bunch of clones.

    Post edited by jeeperz on
  • Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

    jeeperz said:
    Kludge said:
    So there are no rules there are just the word of the judge?

    Not really.

    What it comes down to is this. Yes, there are rules and, yes, some are unwritten. Is it confusing for a beginner? Yep but keep in mind the unwritten rules came about kind of haphazard rather than in any ordered way to answer specific situations. You learn them with time and paying attention to what others do. In time, patterns evolve that make it a lot easier to understand the whys and wherefores of those unwritten rules and how they fit in with the written ones. The bottom line is fair play - ie, a level playing field - and fun.

    Cool?

    well put Kludge...
    and an added note to that is, the rules weren't made to confuse you, There are many contests out there, if the rules bother you so much that you can't stop complaining, find another contest (oops, did I just say that). I don't mean to offend but please stop killing the fun by complaining.
    After thinking about for a while.... I don't think you did. Its a citation, isn't it?

    Post edited by Oom Fooyat on
  • Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

    jeeperz said:
    you are partially right Oom, I fight fight for the both parts of this thread. The club (social) side of this is a fraction of what I fight for. I am not a social person, never have been, I have a facebook page I rarely go to, don't tweet or blog, don't go to other forums and post, just not that into the social aspect. but in order for this all to work we need to leave complaining out. I agree with cho that we need a complaint thread for people to air their issues out and keep it out of here, or pm people if you feel the rules don't work for you. but don't post it here where we want to enjoy things. I think is is great that you want to hang around here. We are all a great bunch of people here and even when we complain, we try to be fair and respectful. I hope at some point you just go with the flow on the rules, they were really designed for everyone to understand. Most people are fine with it and some aren't. That is part of life, if we all thought the same we might as well be a bunch of clones.

    I agree, the rules discussions should have another place, they are a pain. I pledge to keep the temporary May thread for that purpose unfortunately it did not work out.
    edit when/if we get the filter working maybe we can solve it that way, Rule discussions are a bit controversial aren't they?
    Post edited by Oom Fooyat on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,650
    edited December 1969

    nitehawk said:
    You know, I really hate it when one of my renders causes problems.
    .
    OK...Let's try this again.
    This is a replacement for my first entry that can be found here. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3187/P210/
    It's the 8th post.
    Gotta follow the rules.
    .
    On a cold rainy street.
    .
    Girl:
    Maya Doll & Race Queen Rie
    Gun holsters page 5 - 2 down on right
    45 auto pistol #
    Headset #
    .
    Guy:
    DAZ model pack - Mike 3
    Sci Fi Officer - skin tex & hair #
    Long sleeve shirt - 2 down
    Paratrooper pants
    Boots by mt.55 no link
    gloves #
    assault rifle #
    Goggles #
    .
    Floater bot -> downloads -> top row.
    .
    Scene:
    3d alley
    Street #
    Building #
    Street lights #
    Old Apartment#
    City ** MDC required item
    50's Ford truck #
    US pickup #
    Audi A2 - 6 down
    Jeep #
    Delivery truck - (spambot warning on site!)
    Trash bag
    a pile of trash - link?
    Flame ** MDC required item
    free sky dome & lights from tutorial. #
    .
    Paid item:
    DAZ3D Morphing Fantasy Dress for Vicky 3 # - retextured & transmaped
    .
    Poses by me, with a lot of dial tweaking. Mike pose adapted from Aiko SWAT pose. #
    # Free site registration required.
    .
    Software used:
    Paint Shop Pro 7
    Blacksmith 3D Paint (free version)
    Rendered in DAZ Studio 2.3
    Sections assembled in PSP 7 & added text. (cut & paste only)
    .
    Go Here for big.
    .
    Here is the original art that gave me the idea.
    .
    I'm working on page two right now. :)

    Oh thank you nitehawk. Please do not feel that way. As some of our members have indicated this has be going on for awhile so you are not to blame for "starting it". I apologize for any uncomfortableness that any one is experiencing.

    Looking forward to seeing your next page.
    Lonnie

  • Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    Dollygirl said:
    nitehawk said:
    You know, I really hate it when one of my renders causes problems.
    .
    OK...Let's try this again.
    This is a replacement for my first entry that can be found here. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3187/P210/
    It's the 8th post.
    Gotta follow the rules.
    ....................

    Oh thank you nitehawk. Please do not feel that way. As some of our members have indicated this has be going on for awhile so you are not to blame for "starting it". I apologize for any uncomfortableness that any one is experiencing.

    Looking forward to seeing your next page.
    Lonnie

    True! This has nothing to do with any specific entry, current or past. The discussion have been going for months.

  • deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478
    edited December 1969

    Alexa, I rarely comment on others art because I don't really know much other than what I like and I can always find something I like in every render. But I have to say your work is very good and gets better with each post. I think LG is one of the top artists here and in a short time you could be giving him a serious challenge. It would be a shame if you didn't share that talent here.


    Jeeperz, ya aint allowed to go no where ETO. At least I hope you don't. You speak your mind and thankfully not with the colorful phrases I am sure you are thinking. Honesty is always welcome and refreshing. Besides you are the only one nice enough to toss me a Hershey's Chocolate Pie from time to time.


    "The rules are learnt in order to be broken, but if you don't know them, then something is missing." Nicolas Roeg


    Once again I have read the RULES FOR THE MONTHLY FREEBIE CHALLENGE! in the General Freepozitory, (first page fifth sticky down), and I have a few questions


    Since Music has been busy lately maybe chohole or jeeperz can answer.


    Rule 9.

    This is a family challenge for all ages, so there will be NO NUDIY

    I'm not sure what NUDIY is but can we use naked people or do they need to be invisible. And if invisible would that violate rule eight's clearly and completely seen rule? I guess showing a bear doing his thing in the woods would be unacceptable.


    Comment after rule 16. We will start at 1ST of each month - 00.01 DAZ time, and end 30 or 31 of each month - 23.59 Daz time.

    When will February end? Should this not read ... end on the last day of each month ...


    "There are those whose sole claim to profundity is the discovery of exceptions to the rules." Paul Eldridge


    Thanks for listening (reading).

    Dollygirl, once again I apologize for the interruption and this shameful attempt to pad my miserable post count. Now I'm off to have more fun.


    "I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity." Bill Veeck

  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

    dleelaw57 said:
    Alexa, I rarely comment on others art because I don't really know much other than what I like and I can always find something I like in every render. But I have to say your work is very good and gets better with each post. I think LG is one of the top artists here and in a short time you could be giving him a serious challenge. It would be a shame if you didn't share that talent here.


    Jeeperz, ya aint allowed to go no where ETO. At least I hope you don't. You speak your mind and thankfully not with the colorful phrases I am sure you are thinking. Honesty is always welcome and refreshing. Besides you are the only one nice enough to toss me a Hershey's Chocolate Pie from time to time.


    "The rules are learnt in order to be broken, but if you don't know them, then something is missing." Nicolas Roeg


    Once again I have read the RULES FOR THE MONTHLY FREEBIE CHALLENGE! in the General Freepozitory, (first page fifth sticky down), and I have a few questions


    Since Music has been busy lately maybe chohole or jeeperz can answer.


    Rule 9.

    This is a family challenge for all ages, so there will be NO NUDIY

    I'm not sure what NUDIY is but can we use naked people or do they need to be invisible. And if invisible would that violate rule eight's clearly and completely seen rule? I guess showing a bear doing his thing in the woods would be unacceptable.


    Comment after rule 16. We will start at 1ST of each month - 00.01 DAZ time, and end 30 or 31 of each month - 23.59 Daz time.

    When will February end? Should this not read ... end on the last day of each month ...


    "There are those whose sole claim to profundity is the discovery of exceptions to the rules." Paul Eldridge


    Thanks for listening (reading).

    Dollygirl, once again I apologize for the interruption and this shameful attempt to pad my miserable post count. Now I'm off to have more fun.


    "I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity." Bill Veeck


    dlee... you always make me laugh. the only nudity allowed is invisible people,and a bear as long as we can't see his bum then you probably can show what bears do in the woods. and February, you have to wait for the 3rd day of March for it to end since it doesn't have a 30 or 31st. *tosses another Hershey chocolate pie at ya cuz I know you like them*

  • deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478
    edited December 1969

    jeeperz said:

    dlee... you always make me laugh. the only nudity allowed is invisible people,and a bear as long as we can't see his bum then you probably can show what bears do in the woods. and February, you have to wait for the 3rd day of March for it to end since it doesn't have a 30 or 31st. *tosses another Hershey chocolate pie at ya cuz I know you like them*

    Got it, short shorts, very large pasties and a waist high bush minimum.

    Thanks for responding And a special thanks for the pie ... yum yum yum

  • DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

    A waist high bush is ALLOWED???

  • deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478
    edited December 1969

    NAE

    Title: Does a Bear ...

    He wants to use our bathroom. It's where his favorite tree use to be before we ruined the neighborhood.

    Does_a_Bear_._._._.jpg
    800 x 648 - 259K
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

    A waist high bush is ALLOWED???

    calm down now Dorsey... nobody has waist high .... you know what

  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

    dleelaw57 said:
    NAE

    Title: Does a Bear ...

    He wants to use our bathroom. It's where his favorite tree use to be before we ruined the neighborhood.


    now THAT'S funny

  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

    gotta a joke for ya...
    what does batman do when he goes to the batroom

  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

    (to the batman theme song) doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo.....


    BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

    jeeperz said:
    dleelaw57 said:
    NAE

    Title: Does a Bear ...

    He wants to use our bathroom. It's where his favorite tree use to be before we ruined the neighborhood.


    now THAT'S funny


    No, it's very sad -- environmental degradation. i thought this supposed to be a FUN forum?

  • deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478
    edited December 1969

    jeeperz said:
    gotta a joke for ya...
    what does batman do when he goes to the batroom

    Hangs Around

    I know, I know, I should have thought about Dorsey and typed shrub instead of you know what. And I should not encourage jeeperz. But she makes some d a r n good Hershey's Chocolate Pies. At least I hope it's Hershey's.

  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

    dleelaw57 said:
    jeeperz said:
    gotta a joke for ya...
    what does batman do when he goes to the batroom

    Hangs Around

    I know, I know, I should have thought about Dorsey and typed shrub instead of you know what. And I should not encourage jeeperz. But she makes some d a r n good Hershey's Chocolate Pies. At least I hope it's Hershey's.

    I'll never tell...

  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

    jeeperz said:
    dleelaw57 said:
    NAE

    Title: Does a Bear ...

    He wants to use our bathroom. It's where his favorite tree use to be before we ruined the neighborhood.


    now THAT'S funny


    No, it's very sad -- environmental degradation. i thought this supposed to be a FUN forum?


    ok ok, I agree, but it is kinda funny too.


    At least I think it's funny. but then I can be one sick puppy sometimes too. But I agree that we as a species are really screwing up the environment and planet, I would call for selective elimination but that would probably include me too.

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,144
    edited December 1969

    A waist high bush is ALLOWED???


    I'm glad I'm not the only one who had that image! :-P


    Dana

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,144
    edited December 1969

    dleelaw57 said:
    NAE

    Title: Does a Bear ...

    He wants to use our bathroom. It's where his favorite tree use to be before we ruined the neighborhood.


    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


    Dana

  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,144
    edited December 1969

    jeeperz said:
    A waist high bush is ALLOWED???

    calm down now Dorsey... nobody has waist high .... you know what


    And you've confirmed that? %-P


    Dana

  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

    well at least no one I know has it

  • Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

    There are plenty of waist high shrub around here but not that many bears, at least not in the area, I hope. The most exotic wildlife we got in the city where I live is beaver.........eee........ the Castor type.......well....maybe I better leave it at that.

Sign In or Register to comment.