Krystal v1.3 (Starfox Adventures)

Comments

• All you fantastic Artists and old-time classics. Do I have to ask who is keeping up with the clothing line for Starfox Krystal???  I know everyone is looking for $$$ here and there, but as a most fave  Little Dragon Krystal v1.3 that I have, I've been using her measurements to make some extra clothing for her. Some are good and some I rather scrap due to misplacements of the bones and nodes in the clothing itself. But I know there is or probably someone one out there who is making fantastic Armour, Clothes, or even comfort wear just for this character. It's 2021 soon to be 2022. This Character is an Iconic Character that should still be around forever. I only ask for help if there are people who still working on this character and those who would like the FREE! I would like to see more possibilities with Starfox Krystal and her other characters if possible.  Or even a G8F version of her. With the G8M too.

• https://d.furaffinity.net/art/drakeashard20/1595432177/1595432177.drakeashard20_smootches.jpg

A Big thanks to LittleDragon Krystal V1.3

Went and got all her measurments which there wasn't any to find on all sites for Krystal to start to make and create her clothing.

Here is my rough draft of a Rip top for Krystal fit's all around rig and is only for Daz users (However.. old computer crash lost everything working on new computer to make more clothes for Krystal)  Long shreded skirt create by myself Also rig for posing positions and any actions or wind blowing scenes.  That is just the begining of my own work to provide all with some fun clothings.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646

Mad Mike your posted link goes to a 403 error forbidden for me. I think it needs to be a different link to see what you are working on. And yes I saw some Krystal freebies this year. I think they were poses on Sharecg. But as to clothing, people are keeping those things to themselves. There is this compendium from PoserDAZfreebie site: Krystal Starfox - Poser and Daz Studio Free Resources Wiki (miraheze.org) Wardrobe, morphs, textures and the like associated with Krystal are listed on her main page and associated subpages.

• I've been out of the Poser/DAZ loop for -aaaaages- to the point where I've forgotten more than I care to admit. However, having been one of the testers of the Krystal v1.3 model, I feel a bit of an allegiance towards it, since it's probably one of the 3d models I know fairly darn well (well, aside from Terai Yuki 2). That said, I -am- working on trying to figure out how to get Krystal to look halfway decent in a modern version of Poser, at least. DAZ was never really my forte, since I've been a Poser user since about 2001. What I do know is that the materials/shaders need a major rework, particularly in the hair. I'm working on that. The eyes could use a tweak, and the dynamic hair based tail basically is broken in the newest rendering engine, and that makes me sad. It used to look so great, and now it looks like she got fried with an electrical outlet.

I've not really heard any word from Little_Dragon since the last time I mentioned that I had, which makes me believe he may have moved on from the hobby, or... something else. Either way, I hope he's doing well.

Enclosed is a little sample of what I've got our favorite blue gal looking like currently.

KrystalNewShadersTest01.png
    1756 x 821 - 1M
  • R-O StudiosR-O Studios Posts: 99
    edited December 2021

Man, it's been a while since I've seen this thread about Krystal. Well, not since the last time I was making freebee content back in 2016-2018. I haven't been using the model since then and kept it in my archives as I've been mainly using Genesis 8/8.1 figures instead as they are versatile with morphs. If this means that there is going to be new content for this model next year? Then maybe I'll give it a try again. But, given how old this model is. I don't think most people (myself included) would want to try and make the materials work in Iray and for the clothing/items that she has available, but I could be wrong about that.

Also, it's nice to see you, Daymond. I hope you're doing well. :)

Post edited by R-O Studios on
  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,004
    edited December 2021

Seeing how I made a hybrid out of Krystal and Aiko3 I kinda stopped posting her in this thread, that and I stopped receiving notifications from this thread back in 2017.

HybridKuddle08.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 2M
    RedVixen04 test.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 2M
    Post edited by Ethin on

Ethin, are you using poser for Krystal and A3? That tail is very nice.

edited January 2022

Nah, just DS. Thanks! The tail is LittleDragon's Bushy Tail, with the right shader setting I've been able get some really nice results, but because of how it's made I need to be mindful of how it's posed and the lighting or I have issues.

BadBushy.jpg
    400 x 400 - 88K
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • CriosCrios Posts: 2,670

You've used Krystal head, Aiko body and bushy tail, right? But for the textures?

Crios said:

You've used Krystal head, Aiko body and bushy tail, right? But for the textures?

The blue head texture is Krystal's default, all the other head and body textures are custom ones I made. The blue tail texture is custom but the rest are ones that came with the Bushy Tail. 

• Daymond42Daymond42 Posts: 5
    edited January 2022

That poor bushy tail sure looks horrid if you try to just plug it into the newer Poser versions with SuperFly... Have you had any experience at that one, Ethin? I'm focusing mainly on the hair and eye shaders right now. I'm not aiming for perfection, but just... "less crappy", since the newer Poser builds seemed to have changed so much under the hood.

Post edited by Daymond42 on

Daymond42 said:

That poor bushy tail sure looks horrid if you try to just plug it into the newer Poser versions with SuperFly... Have you had any experience at that one, Ethin? I'm focusing mainly on the hair and eye shaders right now. I'm not aiming for perfection, but just... "less crappy", since the newer Poser builds seemed to have changed so much under the hood.

Sorry, I'm afraid my experience with Poser is limited mainly to prop creation. DS was mostly adequate for me so there wasn't much incentive for me to really learn how to use Poser.

edited May 2022

KrystalH SciFi 2022 Test 01 Post.jpg
    1350 x 1800 - 1M
    Post edited by Ethin on

Really cool

Crios said:

Really cool

Thanks!!

• Hey I'm having trouble loading the file into daz, can someone help me please?

What file?

• SonicVegetaSonicVegeta Posts: 11
    edited September 2022

The dmc file. Actually all of the files but the dmc one is the one I the most confused by

Post edited by SonicVegeta on
  • it's a mimic configuration file

you use it with lipsync

edited September 2022

Ok I think I need to clarify what I'm asking. How do I load up the Krystal model to begin with?

Can someone give me a step by step guide with image references if possible please?

Krystal is a Poser tipe file, not DAZ. You must put all file under Runtime Folder.

• um they are all under the Runtime folder, that's how the file came when I downloaded it. Also this is not what I asked for, I asked for a step by step guide on how to load up the model into a program to begin with

But are first time that you use DAZ?

• yes it is my first time

• can anyone tell me what program I can open the models files into

Ok, you've installed DAZ, and you must have a folder called Content or My Library, Well, in this folder there is a Runtime subfolder. You must copy file

edited September 2022

k

done now what

Must open DAZ Studio, and in the folders you can find Krystal, unde Runtime -> Characters -> LDragon (i don't remember well, but must be something like this)

Double click on Krystal and you load her in DAZ

• ok now how do I load in the bones and textures?

What? You've loaded only the OBJ?

Can make a screenshot of your runtime folders, with all the subfolders?