Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,122
    Mystarra said:

did Phil Collins ever find Billy?

billy lost his number.

He probably found him on FaceBook or Twitter.   laugh

Dana

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,852

Steam is so annoying to log in to use.  I wonder if my current computer can run Left 4 Dead.  I have not played that for a long time.  I just remember last time I played my character died right before I could finish and win the game.  It was a bummer.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

losing usially sux cool

my wishlist is down to 5 items
    what purpose will i have left in life when the 5 are gone
    my post count average will go down 
    then i'll really be a loser

Good news I think I got the domain name for my website parked to the right spot.  Bad news is I have to finish setting up the site.  But I need to take a shower first.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,122
    edited June 2019
    Mystarra said:

losing usially sux cool

Your post count may slow down, but it can't go down.  As far as I know, we don't lose posts if we arent' as active.

And really, who cares?  As long as you are enjoying the forums, what does it matter if your post count starts to slack off?  And your posts are only occassionally mentioning something in your wishlist.

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

losing usially sux cool

Your post count may slow down, but it can't go down.  As far as I know, we don't lose posts if we arent' as active.

Dana

true.  Had you noticed that even when you are modded you don't lose a post count as posts are only moved out of sight.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,021
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

losing usially sux cool

And really, who cares?  As long as you are enjoying the forums, what does it matter if your post count starts to slack off?  And your posts are only occassionally mentioning something in your wishlist.

Dana

Agreed, I hardly buy anything as I’m more into modeling (it’s my sexy legs... I model for Sasquatch magazines), but that doesn’t stop me from hanging around and making stupid comments and being a general nuisance.

Chohole said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

losing usially sux cool

Dana

true.  Had you noticed that even when you are modded you don't lose a post count as posts are only moved out of sight.

I don’t want to spread rumors, but I’ve heard they are detained in a secret government facility deep underground... like some sort of Siberian gulag for posts... don’t tell anyone, but do pass it around.

Carp the forum are my response to McGyver and I have to type it up again.  

edited June 2019

I said I want a hot dog but I forgot to say all beef hot dog.  Or do they make all chicken hot dog?  Normal hot dogs have pork I think.  Too much pork in my diet is not good for me I think.  But why does bacon taste so good?

8C9D5145-8213-4DDD-A2DD-59B11D375386.png
    1536 x 2048 - 348K
    Post edited by Sfariah D on

fumbling with my database logic.

so every week i dump all the trouble tickets into an excel sheet.
    I don't want to append duplicate tickets, i need it to add ones i don't have and update the ones i do have.
    so if i set up the ticket number as a primary key, table should reject duplicates.
    i've done update queries before, 
    my brain is farting.

dunno if it would make more sense to drop and replace the whole table.

I said I want a hot dog but I forgot to say all beef hot dog.  Or do they make all chicken hot dog?  Normal hot dogs have pork I think.  Too much pork in my diet is not good for me I think.  But why does bacon taste so good?

hot dogs are high sodium.

once in a while, it can't hurt, right?

cherries are in season.heart luv a bowl of cherries. why am i in the pits?  lol

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,296
    Mystarra said:

hot dogs are high sodium.

once in a while, it can't hurt, right?

cherries are in season.heart luv a bowl of cherries. why am i in the pits?  lol

I love sauerkraut on hotdogs.  I got curious, so I googled.  A cup of kraut has almost twice the sodium as the typical hotdog.  (*sigh*)sad  Thankfully I don't pile a cup of kraut on my hotdog.  (Perhaps only half a cup.)frown

edited June 2019

Yes, they do make chicken hot dogs, but they are pretty terrible... the ones I tried seemed to be shooting for some vaguely hotdogish flavor, but they should have just let it taste like chicken... Turkey on the other hand is actually far more common if you want avian hotdogs. Turkey is not bad... not completely hotdogish, but close... less fat, calories and hooves.

All pork hot dogs are not common, or at least not at my grocery store, it’s usually a mix of mostly pork and whatever other animals they had lying about... generally chicken, beef and I think platypus or capybara... although rodent based hotdogs are less popular these days (although it’s not the same, NYC hotdog vendors still have the rats swim in the warm hotdog water, which gives them their unique flavor)... but I’m sure most hotdogs contain an ambient level of rodent parts... 

Most of the brands seem to lable multi-species hotdog formatted meat sticks as “wieners”... those are ok... nothing like Vienna Snausages, which I’m pretty sure are composed primarily of Naugameat, deceased zoo animals and old packing peanuts.

God only knows what the hell actual Snausage dog treats are made from, but it can’t be real... my dog was dead for ten or twelve years and I found one of his snausages behind a radiator when I was fixing a valve... it spent all that time under a hot radiator and it wasn’t really much different than “fresh” out of the box... didn’t taste much different either.

Yup.

Beef hotdogs are the best tasting... I don’t eat them often because it’s too complicated to make them the way I like... mostly it’s the borrowing of a rat from a pet store to rub on the hotdogs... to get that authentic NYC hotdog taste... the sauerkraut and stewed red onions are not hard to get... the onions I speak of are officially called “Onions in Red Sauce”, and are not (never) to be confused with diced red (magenta) onions, which everyone outside of New York seems to think are “onions”... 

If a New York hotdog vendor barks “Onions?” at you, he, she or it (space alien dressed as a human), is mostly likely referring to a red sauce made of onions, vinegar and tomato paste... there is a long story behind the stuff, but the most common and traditional formula (Sabretts) has a connection to the famous Katz deli (the place from the “I’ll have what she’s having” scene from “When Harry Met Sally”)... although it’s equally possible if they shout “Onions” at you, that a large sack of onions may be plummeting off a tall building and heading straight towards you... it is alway best to stay alert and watch where the hotdog vendor was looking before he says “Onions!”... if you ever visit NYC... 

You shouldn’t go all the way to Noo Yawk to get an authentic tasting “pushcart dawg”... and you don’t really need to borrow a rubbing rat either, but you definitely do need that red onion sauce, sauerkraut and beef hotdogs.

Oh, and to address that last question... bacons tastes so good because it’s all part of a conspiracy by the pigs to addict humanity to their delicious flavor and eventually make all of humanity so tubby and overweight the pigs will easily be able to overthrow humanity... pigs have never been great tactical thinkers, so unfortunately it’s a plan doomed to failure.

Post edited by McGyver on

dunno  if they put squirrel or pigeon in the hot dog, who would ever know?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,052

According to a book I read, pigs are the most equal of the animals.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,052
    Mystarra said:

dunno  if they put squirrel or pigeon in the hot dog, who would ever know?

Having eaten both of them, I would say a hotdog made with them would taste like dark meat chicken.

Non-complaint:  While vegetating in my chair watching YouTube videos this morning, I had a rare thought that because my bathroom scale has been tending upward toward obscene numbers, that I should probably take advantage of the moderate summer weather and do more walking.  And surprisingly I convinced myself that "Yes", I would begin today.  Then fortunately when I was finally on my feet again and ready to begin my atheletic endeavor I noticed that clouds had moved in and it was now raining quite hard.  This wet stuff from the sky has continued well into this afternoon.  So, maybe I'll start tomorrow.indecision

edited June 2019

Non-complaint:  From my recently presented frantic music I now switch to probably one of the least frantic pieces.  The three "Gymnopedies" by Eric Satie.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Nnqe-u-ew  This is a musical "meh".  This is how you might feel after your third doobie or a few two many shots of brandy at 2:00AM.  What's interesting about it is that the music rarely resolves, one is left floating, not knowing where or when you're going to land.  Even at the end of each of the three pieces you have a question in your mind and feel somehow unfulfilled.indecision  I've played all three of these on the piano but always had to read the music, I could never memorize them, I couldn't find a solid pattern.

No, I don't know what "Gymnopedie" means.  I've always associated it with slow gymnastic hopping, but that's just my mental image.  Looked it up:  Here's what Wikipedia says: "The work's unusual title comes from the French form of gymnopaedia, the ancient Greek word for an annual festival where young men danced naked — or perhaps simply unarmed. The source of the title has been a subject of debate. Satie's friend Roland-Manuel and Satie himself maintained that he adopted it after reading Gustave Flaubert's novel Salammbô, while others see a poem by J. P. Contamine de Latour as the source of Satie's inspiration,[1][2] since the first gymnopédie was published in the magazine La Musique des familles in the summer of 1888 together with an excerpt of Latour's poem Les Antiques, where the term appears.[1][3] "

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    Tjohn said:

but some pigs are more equal than other pigs.

Tjohn said:

pigdaleks?

wuuhh ohhh live for the fight when thats all that you gott

wuh wa waah
    wuh wa waah

Non-complaint:  From my recently presented frantic music I now switch to probably one of the least frantic pieces.  The three "Gymnopedies" by Eric Satie.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Nnqe-u-ew  This is a musical "meh".  This is how you might feel after your third doobie or a few two many shots of brandy at 2:00AM.  What's interesting about it is that the music rarely resolves, one is left floating, not knowing where or when you're going to land.  Even at the end of each of the three pieces you have a question in your mind and feel somehow unfulfilled.indecision

No, I don't know what "Gymnopedie" means.  I've always associated it with slow gymnastic hopping, but that's just my mental image.  Looked it up:  Here's what Wikipedia says: "The work's unusual title comes from the French form of gymnopaedia, the ancient Greek word for an annual festival where young men danced naked — or perhaps simply unarmed. The source of the title has been a subject of debate. Satie's friend Roland-Manuel and Satie himself maintained that he adopted it after reading Gustave Flaubert's novel Salammbô, while others see a poem by J. P. Contamine de Latour as the source of Satie's inspiration,[1][2] since the first gymnopédie was published in the magazine La Musique des familles in the summer of 1888 together with an excerpt of Latour's poem Les Antiques, where the term appears.[1][3] "

I've played all three of these on the piano but always had to read the music, I could never memorize them, I couldn't find a solid pattern.

http://www.word-detective.com/2010/03/gymnopedie/

I got a complaint!

1BCFF9BB-9040-4703-8B80-BAD2C0C63157.png
    1536 x 2048 - 5M
    Chohole said:
    Tjohn said:

but some pigs are more equal than other pigs.

According to the Declaration of Piggypendence:  “All pigs are created equal, with certain inalienable oink oink grunt snort weeeeee weeeee squeal grunt.”

Its a difficult document to interpret.

edited June 2019

No, I don't know what "Gymnopedie" means.  I've always associated it with slow gymnastic hopping, but that's just my mental image.  Looked it up:  Here's what Wikipedia says: "The work's unusual title comes from the French form of gymnopaedia, the ancient Greek word for an annual festival where young men danced naked — or perhaps simply unarmed. 

I never danced without my arms when I was young... that sounds painful... then again I’m not Greek... then again, my father’s family was from a part of Italy settled by Greeks, so technically I could have Greek ancestry... I’d check but I don’t think I want those DNA companies mining my DNA data and possibly making evil clones of me... that conflicts with my  own evil clone program and I’m not having any of that from outsiders.

Post edited by McGyver on
    Mystarra said:
    Tjohn said:

pigdaleks?

Pig Daleks: Excrete, Excrete!

edited June 2019
    Chohole said:

Non-complaint:  From my recently presented frantic music I now switch to probably one of the least frantic pieces.  The three "Gymnopedies" by Eric Satie.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Nnqe-u-ew  This is a musical "meh".  This is how you might feel after your third doobie or a few two many shots of brandy at 2:00AM.  What's interesting about it is that the music rarely resolves, one is left floating, not knowing where or when you're going to land.  Even at the end of each of the three pieces you have a question in your mind and feel somehow unfulfilled.indecision

I've played all three of these on the piano but always had to read the music, I could never memorize them, I couldn't find a solid pattern.

http://www.word-detective.com/2010/03/gymnopedie/

Thanks for the link to the article. yes  Good information.

In addition to the three Gymnopedies, Satie also wrote his "Gnossiennes", several more than three, and with just as mysterious a name and theme.  More floating, and empty musings.  Here's his Gnossienne #1  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLFVGwGQcB0  This is the type of music I would idly make while slumped over the piano at 3:00AM after my nth doobie after the rest of the party had left.blush  Although not as well organized.sad

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

I got a bit of a headache.  I am not sure why.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893
    edited June 2019

I'm just sitting here wondering why there's not an official "What is this cool thing in the picture?" thread. Most WCIFs are solved quickly, and it's less embarrassing to make a post in an already existing thread than to start a new one. If I make a fool of myself in one post, I have the *~*power*~* to delete it, while I need to beg a mod to remove evidence of a stupidly made thread.

Post edited by WinterMoon on
This discussion has been closed.