GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS Part 2

Comments

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:
    Funny. I've never looked at this thread. I wasn't even subscribed to it. Yet, I got an email notification for it???

Maybe you got the one that should have gone to me.

Anyway...

As folks might have noticed in The Commons, a few of us are looking for all of the Sensible Shoes and Bossy Boots now that Headkase has withdrawn them from general circulation and given permission for limited redistribution. (That permission means nothing if we don't have them to redistribute, after all.) We've found every version except the shoes and boots for Scampixie Pranx - does anyone still have these two zips?

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,469
    edited February 2014

I know someone who might since I gave her the links. I'll leave a post for her to see if she has them.

Edit: Will have to ask her when I wake up, think the site is doing updates...lol

In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone remembers a hair made for free for monsters and trolls and such. It was very skimpy, stringy and on on the top of the head, looked a bit oily or wet. Think it was made as a request for some who wanted this type for their trolls and creeper and similar. I already looked through the thread for free hairs and didn't find it and the searches I made on google came up with nothing. Oh and it's not the tragic hair for Genesis, as this was made a few years ago, possibly before V4, though it is sparse like tragic hair.

Post edited by Faeryl Womyn on
  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

not a freebie, but there is mutant hair here at daz

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,469
    edited December 1969

Found it in the shop...thank you.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,650
    edited December 1969

I know someone who might since I gave her the links. I'll leave a post for her to see if she has them.

Edit: Will have to ask her when I wake up, think the site is doing updates...lol

In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone remembers a hair made for free for monsters and trolls and such. It was very skimpy, stringy and on on the top of the head, looked a bit oily or wet. Think it was made as a request for some who wanted this type for their trolls and creeper and similar. I already looked through the thread for free hairs and didn't find it and the searches I made on google came up with nothing. Oh and it's not the tragic hair for Genesis, as this was made a few years ago, possibly before V4, though it is sparse like tragic hair.

This does not quit meet your description but I do remember this hair being sported by a few trolls when it was given as a Christmas gift by AprilYSH.
    http://shop.aprilsvanity.com/free-items/baybee-hair-model-textures.html

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,691
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know of a transmapped (or even Poser Dynamic) hairstyle like the free "CharlieV5" preset for LAMH? Just needs to be plausibly 1940s.

edited December 1969

Does anyone know of a transmapped (or even Poser Dynamic) hairstyle like the free "CharlieV5" preset for LAMH? Just needs to be plausibly 1940s.

My first suggestion is you download the LAMH Player and the preset if you want that hair. You don't need V5 you only need Genesis. If you are going for another actor say V4 then ask Ali to create an object of the hair for you. Her handle here is belovedalia.

The second but not as good is:
    This one Kirwyn seems to have the lines but not the curls. Not the best model and texture job. The hair is obj format so will work in DAZ.
    KEZ-WM by Kirwyn.

This one is 40's but not the curly type but has the sig bangs of the era.
    merry hair by Propschick.

This one is more of a toon level hair but it has the look, curls and style of the one you reference. It is however not commercial.
    40th Style Hair for Poser5+ by dIGITALISTA.

And I mention that PropsChick gave away in the Rendo newsletter in 8/12 her Louise Hair. If you have that that is a 40's style hair and would do as well.
    Hope this helps.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

How about Nanana for A3/V4 by Zgock? The links are all dead, even in the time machine. SEE LINK

Does anyone know if this character(s) is still available somewhere?

• DirewrathDirewrath Posts: 225
    edited December 1969

Not free but could Daz Mutant Hair be the creature hair you are looking for?
    http://www.daz3d.com/hair/mutant-hair

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,691
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:

My first suggestion is you download the LAMH Player and the preset if you want that hair. You don't need V5 you only need Genesis. If you are going for another actor say V4 then ask Ali to create an object of the hair for you. Her handle here is belovedalia.

The second but not as good is:
    This one Kirwyn seems to have the lines but not the curls. Not the best model and texture job. The hair is obj format so will work in DAZ.
    KEZ-WM by Kirwyn.

This one is 40's but not the curly type but has the sig bangs of the era.
    merry hair by Propschick.

This one is more of a toon level hair but it has the look, curls and style of the one you reference. It is however not commercial.
    40th Style Hair for Poser5+ by dIGITALISTA.

And I mention that PropsChick gave away in the Rendo newsletter in 8/12 her Louise Hair. If you have that that is a 40's style hair and would do as well.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks: I've got the plugin and the "Charlie for V5" hair, just not the RAM/processor for it in the scene I wanted it for. The NCU one, as nice as it is, doesn't work since it's NCU, and the "Merry Hair" (in my runtime) is more working-class than I'm going for. I am currently using Mylochka's TPrea Hair on the V5 I set up for the LAMH preset. I may have to look at the Kez version, too.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

3doutlaw said:
    How about Nanana for A3/V4 by Zgock? The links are all dead, even in the time machine. SEE LINK

Does anyone know if this character(s) is still available somewhere?

I will take that as a "no" :(

Seems there are some decent characters out there that are getting lost, over time...bad thing is, the actual characters are fine, and can even be refreshing with the newer technology nowadays!

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited March 2014

Has anybody seen either a free pirate flag or even a free skull and crossbones image texture that one is allowed to use in commercial renders?

Post edited by sriesch on
  • TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

Go to Google Images, type pirateflag, click the cogwheel icon, go to Advanced Search, scroll down a bit to usage rights and choose the license you want...

GoogleImages.jpg
    1100 x 733 - 112K
    edited December 1969

Oh, nice, I didn't even realize there was a "usage rights" option built right in. Thanks!

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579
    edited December 1969

Hmm, looking for floating pool tube, life preserver, inner tube kind of thing for a summer time render.
    I have looked about, but have come up very empty. :)

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited March 2014

Ippotamus said:
    Hmm, looking for floating pool tube, life preserver, inner tube kind of thing for a summer time render.
    Amanda Hopkins Inner Tube

Texas Tube

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Zawarkal said:
    Funny. I've never looked at this thread. I wasn't even subscribed to it. Yet, I got an email notification for it???

Maybe you got the one that should have gone to me.

Anyway...

As folks might have noticed in The Commons, a few of us are looking for all of the Sensible Shoes and Bossy Boots now that Headkase has withdrawn them from general circulation and given permission for limited redistribution. (That permission means nothing if we don't have them to redistribute, after all.) We've found every version except the shoes and boots for Scampixie Pranx - does anyone still have these two zips?Just an update on this - we've got the complete set now.

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579
    edited December 1969

Ippotamus said:
    Amanda Hopkins Inner Tube

Texas Tube

Thanks oodles!

edited December 1969

Has anyone seen any steel bridges, of the kind that would have been older railroad bridges or even some antique car bridges, with large steel beams and lots of huge rivets?

screenshot,_bridges_2.png
    1255 x 990 - 2M
    sceenshot,_bridges_1.png
    1002 x 979 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Has anyone seen any steel bridges, of the kind that would have been older railroad bridges or even some antique car bridges, with large steel beams and lots of huge rivets?
    This should work for you.
    edited December 1969

This should work for you.
    Thanks! unfortunately that has the non-commercial use only tag, bummer. Not that I've ever actually printed and sold a render, but I keep thinking "maybe someday".
    edited March 2014

Turbosquid has a few in 3ds format
    http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Index.cfm?keyword=bridge
    Sharecg
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/37036/browse/11/Poser/The-Bridge-at-Dunkurrd-Straits
    Spacebones has some interesting stuff that might work if you don't need a whole bridge:
    http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=spacebones&division_id=0&s=dd&pn=6
    Mapps has a pretty neat SF Roadway system with nice girders
    http://www.freewebs.com/mapps/downloadsspecial.htm
    and finally 3DArchive
    http://archive3d.net/?a=download&id=892b7523
    if you go to 3DArchive and type in bridge in the search file, you will get lots of types of bridges.
    For those that don't know:
    If you are using Poser or Carrara then the .3ds files will import. For DAZ this will convert them to obj for you and it is free
    https://sites.google.com/site/poseray/.
    If you have FilterForge or if not you can down load it and use it for free for 30 days.
    RawArt has a pretty nifty filter for getting that rivet look here:
    http://www.filterforge.com/filters/3704.html
    Here is selmo's
    http://www.filterforge.com/filters/3357.html
    Use this filter to create your normal/bump maps
    angelboii
    http://www.filterforge.com/filters/8536.html
    Post edited by DollyGirl on
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I have a lot of things to research now too, plus a bunch of goodies I didn't know existed.

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited December 1969

I'm looknig for a pool of blood, or something that can be recoloured to look like blood. I have a couple of morphing puddles, but they're too round/regular shaped for what I had in mind.

edited December 1969

SteveM17 said:
    I'm looknig for a pool of blood, or something that can be recoloured to look like blood. I have a couple of morphing puddles, but they're too round/regular shaped for what I had in mind.

Check out Liquid, by spacebones. These are untextured and are in .obj format, but they import fine into DS: http://www.sharecg.com/v/25522/gallery/5/3D-Model/Liquid . Some of these, especially the drops, might work if enlarged and possibly flattened along the Y axis.
  • SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited December 1969

SteveM17 said:

Check out Liquid, by spacebones. These are untextured and are in .obj format, but they import fine into DS: http://www.sharecg.com/v/25522/gallery/5/3D-Model/Liquid . Some of these, especially the drops, might work if enlarged and possibly flattened along the Y axis.
    Awesome, thanks.
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

If you use Poser ... there is Bagginsbill's Blood Puddle
    https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/free-stuff/random-shaders

• reelyorreelyor Posts: 235
    edited December 1969

Looking for a clothes hamper with a movable lid.

edited December 1969

reelyor said:
    Looking for a clothes hamper with a movable lid.
    Will this work?

There's also this.

• none01ohonenone01ohone Posts: 862
    edited December 1969

Looking for a short sheepskin coat for M4 or Genesis.

This discussion has been closed.