GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS Part 2

Comments

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,650
    edited December 1969

SteveM17 said:
    Kerya said:
    SteveM17 said:
    Looking for one of those wooden, basic figures that artists pose and use to draw from.

Do you happen to have Poser? or the PoserDebut that was free for a day or two?
    Runtime\libraries\Character\Additional Figures\Mannequins

Nope, I just have DS 4.0

Actually you can rig in DAZ Studio 4.0. If you have Pro there are tutorials that show you how.
    As for your mannequin the artist provides you with an fbx file. When you select the fbx format it comes in with the bits and parts separated. What you do is go to File -> Import. After you have selected the fbx file, DAZ will come back with an error message Errors: Rigging limitation: pre and post rotation must match in current implementation. Transform differences: non uniform scale detected. Results will likely be different. Select ok. What you get are seven objects and 12 grouped object sets. Some of the objects come in 90 degrees out of position, so you will have to realign them. I also set up the figure in the scene by parenting the various body parts. So I started with the Pelvis object. and parented the spinelink to it. I took the torso object and parented it the spinelink. Then the neck I parented to the torso. I continued to do this for the arms and legs. I do this so that when I start to move the object I can sort of keep things aligned. since I am not truly rigging the figure.
    Once you have the set up you can save your guy as an actor. Then you can pose him. And if you are really ambitious you can dig out those rigging tutorials and go to town.

understand.jpg
    618 x 799 - 145K
  • dirk_moroccodirk_morocco Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

Hi,

Looking for a hand held mirror.

Thanks.

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited April 2014

Dollygirl said:
    SteveM17 said:
    Kerya said:
    SteveM17 said:
    Looking for one of those wooden, basic figures that artists pose and use to draw from.

Do you happen to have Poser? or the PoserDebut that was free for a day or two?
    Runtime\libraries\Character\Additional Figures\Mannequins

Nope, I just have DS 4.0

Actually you can rig in DAZ Studio 4.0. If you have Pro there are tutorials that show you how.
    As for your mannequin the artist provides you with an fbx file. When you select the fbx format it comes in with the bits and parts separated. What you do is go to File -> Import. After you have selected the fbx file, DAZ will come back with an error message Errors: Rigging limitation: pre and post rotation must match in current implementation. Transform differences: non uniform scale detected. Results will likely be different. Select ok. What you get are seven objects and 12 grouped object sets. Some of the objects come in 90 degrees out of position, so you will have to realign them. I also set up the figure in the scene by parenting the various body parts. So I started with the Pelvis object. and parented the spinelink to it. I took the torso object and parented it the spinelink. Then the neck I parented to the torso. I continued to do this for the arms and legs. I do this so that when I start to move the object I can sort of keep things aligned. since I am not truly rigging the figure.
    Once you have the set up you can save your guy as an actor. Then you can pose him. And if you are really ambitious you can dig out those rigging tutorials and go to town.

OK, my brain may have just snapped.
    (Doesn't help that I have a terrible hangover whilst reading this)
    I don't have Pro, just the free ds4.0
    But I think Iunderstand the other stuff, never heard of an FBX file before. I shall give this a go.
    Thanks for the info.

EDIT: I downloaded the mannequin, but when I went on File>import all I got was OBJ files, no sign of FBX files.

Post edited by SteveM17 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The free DS4 is Pro -- if it isn't showing as Pro add the serial number for your My Account page.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

The free DS4 is Pro -- if it isn't showing as Pro add the serial number for your My Account page.

You might also need to upgrade to version 4.6, which should already be in your Product Library. (If DIM doesn't download it for you automatically, click on "My Account" up in the upper-right corner of this page, click on "Product Library" on the row just below the ad, type 4.6 into the search box, click on Filter, click on the DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro link, and start downloading...)
  • StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited April 2014

Hi,

Thanks.

I need to make one, but it will probably be a bit on the fancy side
    What style were you looking for?

[edit]
    Work in Progress

Screen_Shot_2014-04-30_at_9.41_.24_AM_.png
    1327 x 818 - 288K
    Post edited by StratDragon on
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:

You might also need to upgrade to version 4.6, which should already be in your Product Library. (If DIM doesn't download it for you automatically, click on "My Account" up in the upper-right corner of this page, click on "Product Library" on the row just below the ad, type 4.6 into the search box, click on Filter, click on the DAZ Studio 4.6 Pro link, and start downloading...)

My poor old computer can just barely manage DS4.0, it won't cope with 4.6 trust me. It is dying. Sadly a new one is not a financial option at the moment.

edited December 1969

SteveM17 said:
    robkelk said:

My poor old computer can just barely manage DS4.0, it won't cope with 4.6 trust me. It is dying. Sadly a new one is not a financial option at the moment.

Hi, what are you computer specs at the moment: OS, RAM, CPU, GPU?

edited December 1969

Hi,

Thanks.

[edit]
    Work in Progress

Just a basic one, don't need one quite that fancy, but something like that would be fine.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,407
    edited December 1969

The Oiran dresser comes with a very nice hand-held mirror.

edited December 1969

Hi,

Thanks.

[edit]
    Work in Progress

Just a basic one, don't need one quite that fancy, but something like that would be fine.
    Here are couple more:
    If you were around here in feb of 2013 you might have gotten a hand mirror from the weekly freebie here at DAZ, Reflect me
    http://www.daz3d.com/reflect-me
    Fisty has one on her site look through the list to find LDHandMirror.zip
    http://fisty.blackraven3d.com/freebies/

edited April 2014

The Oiran dresser comes with a very nice hand-held mirror.

that's actually pretty nice, the one in the Oian Dresser, I might use that too.

mine is not going to be finished tonight, I've got conflict of schedule. Possibly tomorrow.

Screen_Shot_2014-04-30_at_4.25_.41_PM_.png
    1086 x 761 - 146K
    Post edited by StratDragon on
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,691
    edited December 1969

Hi,

Thanks.

[edit]
    Work in Progress

With minor adjustments to the material zones, this one works great as a plain Deco hand-mirror.
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/42179/gallery/11/Poser/Redistributable-Ancient-Roman-Multipack

edited December 1969

SteveM17 said:
    robkelk said:

OS is windows Vista, RAM is 2 gigs, as for the other stuff, I have no idea. I've been informed that using DS4.6 with only 2 gig is a terrible grind.

edited December 1969

SteveM17 said:
    SteveM17 said:
    robkelk said:

OS is windows Vista, RAM is 2 gigs, as for the other stuff, I have no idea. I've been informed that using DS4.6 with only 2 gig is a terrible grind.

Brick meet wall.
    The bottleneck in your system is RAM but RAM is cheap for some systems. 4GB RAM would open the system up a bunch and a minor and very simple adjustment in Vista would let DS use 3GB RAM just for Studio, however I don't think it would be sufficient long term except for very simple scenes. One thing that might help here and now and it's free would be to render outside of Daz Studio using 3Delight's standalone rendering system, this cuts Daz Studio out of being the middle man and allows you to render without it running opening up all the RAM it was eating by being open because as soon as you begin to render that's more required RAM you need.
    If you want to look into adding RAM and the cost I could find out if you posted your computer make/model. RAM is very easy to add, just dont rub a balloon in your hair while dragging your feet across a cat and you can install it in a few minutes.

edited December 1969

SteveM17 said:
    SteveM17 said:
    robkelk said:

OS is windows Vista, RAM is 2 gigs, as for the other stuff, I have no idea. I've been informed that using DS4.6 with only 2 gig is a terrible grind.I use DAZ 4.6 on a computer with only 2 GB of RAM, and while scenes with large numbers of people isn't really an option, the actual resource requirements are no different from 4.0. If you can run 4.0, you can run 4.6.

edited December 1969

SteveM17 said:
    SteveM17 said:
    robkelk said:

OS is windows Vista, RAM is 2 gigs, as for the other stuff, I have no idea. I've been informed that using DS4.6 with only 2 gig is a terrible grind.I use DAZ 4.6 on a computer with only 2 GB of RAM, and while scenes with large numbers of people isn't really an option, the actual resource requirements are no different from 4.0. If you can run 4.0, you can run 4.6.

this would assume everyone uses software the same exact way. SteveM17 has stated he can "just barely manage DS 4.0" and other users have stated upgrading from DS4 to 4.5 created a non usable experience, The question is are you able to use it comfortably or are you finding yourself making compensations for it to work for you?

While it's free to try to jump over to 4.6 and take a test drive does anyone know if 4 and 4.6 can co-exist on the same system without causing a problem?

2ndly the prop I was working on is turning into a slightly larger project so delays on releasing it.

edited May 2014

SteveM17 said:
    SteveM17 said:
    robkelk said:

this would assume everyone uses software the same exact way. SteveM17 has stated he can "just barely manage DS 4.0" and other users have stated upgrading from DS4 to 4.5 created a non usable experience, The question is are you able to use it comfortably or are you finding yourself making compensations for it to work for you?

While it's free to try to jump over to 4.6 and take a test drive does anyone know if 4 and 4.6 can co-exist on the same system without causing a problem?

2ndly the prop I was working on is turning into a slightly larger project so delays on releasing it. No, 4.0 and 4.6 cannot operate on the same system at all. It's one or the other. 4.6 overwrites 4.0. As for making "compensations", no. I'm making no more compensations than I was for 4.0. And, for the record, I was a long-time holdover with 4.0. I only upgraded because certain morph and clothing sets I needed wouldn't run on 4.0.

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,953
    edited December 1969

I am running DS 4.6.2 on 2GB machine too and it works perfectly, i can run V4.5 and V4.6 at the same time with V4.6.2. I have Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33ghz processor that works perfectly for few years already and Nvidia 8600GT card that probably replaced older one that i had before. I guess it slows down after 3+ figures loaded but i never really tried to do more then 3 figures yet and for now all i need i probably could do fast enough. Only once DS 4.6 crashed with 3 figures loaded and i was thinking to add 2GB more but i doubt it would change much, but that is what i will probably do and keep this computer as long as it can work :).

edited December 1969

Lots of good mirrors there. Thanks all.

edited December 1969

My computer is a Toshiba laptop, don't know what type because the label has faded (that's how old it is). Under Processor it says "Intel (R) core (TM)2 CPU T7200 @2.00GHz

Frankly, I have no idea about computers.

I'm not going to upgrade to 4.6 until I know 100 percent it's going to work on my computer, because if I overwrite 4.0 and it doesn't work I'm left with nothing.

edited December 1969

SteveM17 said:
    SteveM17 said:
    robkelk said:

Brick meet wall.
    The bottleneck in your system is RAM but RAM is cheap for some systems. 4GB RAM would open the system up a bunch and a minor and very simple adjustment in Vista would let DS use 3GB RAM just for Studio, however I don't think it would be sufficient long term except for very simple scenes. One thing that might help here and now and it's free would be to render outside of Daz Studio using 3Delight's standalone rendering system, this cuts Daz Studio out of being the middle man and allows you to render without it running opening up all the RAM it was eating by being open because as soon as you begin to render that's more required RAM you need.
    If you want to look into adding RAM and the cost I could find out if you posted your computer make/model. RAM is very easy to add, just dont rub a balloon in your hair while dragging your feet across a cat and you can install it in a few minutes.

DON'T rub a balloon while dragging my feet across a cat? That's my weekend ruined!

Never thought about rendering outside DS. My renders have never taken more than a few minutes though. The slow part is putting the scene together. The fact of the matter I think , is that my computer is old and sadly I could do with a new one.

Anyway, back to my original request, I may have been too specific. What I'm looking for is a posable, thin humanoid figure, the idea being that I'd use that as a framework and parent props to it to turn it into a robot.

edited December 1969

SteveM17 said:
    SteveM17 said:
    SteveM17 said:
    robkelk said:

Brick meet wall.

DON'T rub a balloon while dragging my feet across a cat? That's my weekend ruined!

Never thought about rendering outside DS. My renders have never taken more than a few minutes though. The slow part is putting the scene together. The fact of the matter I think , is that my computer is old and sadly I could do with a new one.

Anyway, back to my original request, I may have been too specific. What I'm looking for is a posable, thin humanoid figure, the idea being that I'd use that as a framework and parent props to it to turn it into a robot.
    How about this http://www.3duniverse.co.za/store/product/?Stick-Guy

edited December 1969

That's the sort of thing, yes. But does it work in DS 4.0?

edited December 1969

SteveM17 said:

Yes it does
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    SteveM17 said:

Yes it does

Then, that'll do nicely.
    Cheers!

edited May 2014

I need a baseball glove (preferably outfielder's) that A3 can wear. Lacking that, a prop glove will work.

Are there any out there that I've somehow missed?

EDIT: Never mind - found one in Shukky's baseball uniform.

Post edited by robkelk on
    edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    I need a baseball glove (preferably outfielder's) that A3 can wear. Lacking that, a prop glove will work.

Yay that's the one!
    edited December 1969

Dollygirl said:
    robkelk said:

Yay that's the one!

Now I need a baseball - a sphere primitive just isn't working...

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    Dollygirl said:
    robkelk said:

Yay that's the one!

Now I need a baseball - a sphere primitive just isn't working...

http://www.sharecg.com/v/7889/browse/5/3D-Model/Baseball-in-OBJ-format

This discussion has been closed.