Christian 8

Comments

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

How you do that in aussie dollars, i'll never know - LOL!!! laughlaugh 

jakiblue said:

Hmm. I have 8 pro bundles also, but I didn't qualify for any discount.  

Havos said:
    AllenArt said:

Not saying that I know for sure, but it LOOKS like 1-9 or 10 bundles get zilch, 10 or 11-19 get the 30%/$60 free and the 20+ bundlers get the largest 50%/$100. That's my two cents anyway ;)

Laurie

I have 8 bundles, and qualified for the 30%/$60 deal. If 8 is the minimum, it does seem quite a high requirement.

Counting Christian I now have 22 - which gave me extra 40% off plus $80 freebies 

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    L'Adair said:

Another one with Altern8.

I haven't gotten the pro bundle yet, as I'm still working on what all I want to add to my cart before I check out, but am looking forward to checking out the characters, hair, and clothing it comes with. :)

He has a sort of "Fred Gwynn" profile, doesn't he?

I love what you've done to his materials. The combination of middle-aged skin and deep wrinkles makes him look like he's worked outdoors most of his life. 
    yes

lol You're right, his profile does look a bit like Fred Gwynne! Just need to maybe bulk up his chin a tad and narrow/elongate the face a bit more and it would be pretty close, I think. :)

Thank you for the comment on the materials settings there - I do like his skin "out of the box" with his "Translucency Low" setting, but as everyone knows I'm like addicted to tweaking skin settings with Altern8. lol Even if it doesn't really need it, it's just fun IMO. :)

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Havos said:
    AllenArt said:

Not saying that I know for sure, but it LOOKS like 1-9 or 10 bundles get zilch, 10 or 11-19 get the 30%/$60 free and the 20+ bundlers get the largest 50%/$100. That's my two cents anyway ;)

Laurie

I have 8 bundles, and qualified for the 30%/$60 deal. If 8 is the minimum, it does seem quite a high requirement.

Prior to Christian 8, Daz has released 33 generation 8 base figures. (34 if you include Daz Dog 8, even though he's not humanoid and didn't come with a bundle.) Eight Pro Bundles is less than 25% of the Genesis 8 figures released before today. I'm neither defending nor applauding Daz's decision, just doing the math.

The fact Havos qualified with eight pro bundles, but jakiblue did not, makes me wonder how many of their eight were male figures. Of the 33 base figures, only 12 are male. As this release is for a male figure, perhaps the number of male pro bundles you have carries more weight.

Of course, Daz doesn't give out the details of their "secret sauce," so we'll probably never know.
    wink

• L'Adair said:
    Havos said:
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

Prior to Christian 8, Daz has released 33 generation 8 base figures. (34 if you include Daz Dog 8, even though he's not humanoid and didn't come with a bundle.) Eight Pro Bundles is less than 25% of the Genesis 8 figures released before today. I'm neither defending nor applauding Daz's decision, just doing the math.

The fact Havos qualified with eight pro bundles, but jakiblue did not, makes me wonder how many of their eight were male figures. Of the 33 base figures, only 12 are male. As this release is for a male figure, perhaps the number of male pro bundles you have carries more weight.

Of course, Daz doesn't give out the details of their "secret sauce," so we'll probably never know.
    wink

Take Gen 7 into account as well. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,447
    edited January 2019
    Kharma said:

Since Edward and Christian have such a strong resemblance, anyone who has Edward and purchased Hudson could you post  a render of Hudson with Edward dialed in ... maybe he would be a good substitute for Christian?

this is Hudson with 100% Edward ... if you want different percentage, I can try it... this is quick render of only 25%

hudson with edward dialed in.png
    1002 x 901 - 637K
    Post edited by daveso on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    L'Adair said:
    Havos said:
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

wink

Take Gen 7 into account as well. 

I didn't take Gen 7 into account with the math as the first line of the Exclusive Message specifically states the offers are a thank you for "your previously purchased Genesis 8 pro bundles." Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean Daz didn't take them into consideration…!

• Kharma said:

Since Edward and Christian have such a strong resemblance, anyone who has Edward and purchased Hudson could you post  a render of Hudson with Edward dialed in ... maybe he would be a good substitute for Christian?

here you go Edaward with Hudson dialed in 

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/713591

Edward 8 Hudson.jpg
    2719 x 3756 - 941K
    edited January 2019

one more with Edward dialed in to Hudson

hudson with edward dialed in2.png
    1002 x 901 - 647K
    Post edited by daveso on
  • jakiblue said:

jakiblue said:

Havos said:
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

Counting Christian I now have 22 - which gave me extra 40% off plus $80 freebies 

it was roughly just over $55 US but I also had store credit knocked it down to $37.50 which in Aussie cost me $55.27  soooo it is roughly an extra $20 sometime $30 on

jakiblue said:

jakiblue said:

Havos said:
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

it was roughly just over $55 US but I also had store credit knocked it down to $37.50 which in Aussie cost me $55.27  soooo it is roughly an extra $20 sometime $30 on average extra on Pro Bundles for us from my past buyings 

edited January 2019

Hudson straight up .. he's a young dude... does he look like another character? 

hudson straight up.png
    1002 x 901 - 722K
    Post edited by daveso on
  • outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

When you make things complicated, you tend to have complications. Just sayin'. I lost track of how much of this thread has been about fixing cart issues, and most posts are either about that, or people trying to figure out the purple banner rather than the actual model itself. Considering we are up to 9 pages of posts, that is quite a lot. Strange cart issues are so routine here. I usually wait at least half a day before even trying to make a purchase, regardless if anyone talks about issues or not. Daz3D has got to be one of the most chaotic shopping experiences on the internet with Daz Math®, multiple discounts that may or may not stack, banners you may or may not qualify for, ect. The banner things can be a bit disheartening. I thought a 30% discount would be high, but appearently its the lowest one (aside from those who didn't get anything) with some getting 40% or even 50% offers plus a lot more free stuff and massive discounts on gift cards. That is a lot of stuff to tie to a banner, and I am not a big fan of that.

So, some people have no discount at all. Some people have 30%, $60 free items, and 15% off gift cards. Then you have 40%, $80, 20%, and finally 50%, $100, and 25%. The differences between these "tiers" is pretty extreme. How is that supposed to entice new buyers to purchase? Customer loyalty is all swell and good, but this is getting out of hand. The potential on a 25% gift card alone could translate to hundreds of dollars saved for the few who can do that, while it feels punishing to those who cannot afford to buy every Pro bundle. 

It is a bit maddening. It also makes me wonder if Daz has someone with a pshycology degree for their marketing staff...

All I'd care for is possibly the base model, which does not fit into any sale and likely will not factor into any futiure sale. In the end I think I will just sit this one out.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited January 2019

Hudson hopes to move beyond the whole biker thing and do-rags at some point. 

hudson.png
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • MadaMada Posts: 1,869

lol

Hudson hopes to move beyond the whole biker thing and do-rags at some point. 

Whoa! That looks great! :D 

edited January 2019

I don't see Christian 8 and Edward 8 looking too much alike, personally. Other than them both being middle-aged white guys, they don't look all that much alike, imo. 

Here's a render with Christian 8 (font) with Edward 8 (back). Both have Altern8 applied.

I guess they could be related, maybe? But, to me, they don't look all that alike though. 

G8M - Christan 8 and Edward 8 2.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Noah LGP said:

Once again Male = No open morph, if dForce Coveralls and Tools for Genesis 8 Male(s)  were a female outfit, it would include a "look at my boobs" open morph.

I won't pay for a product which brings less option than the female content.

About Christian 8, I will purchase it only for the tattoo textures, no PA character is "attractive". I skip the Pro Bundle.

Male vs female

I normally try not to pile on with this sort of thing, and I think often both male and female versions of outfit have similar issues with lack of morphs (or you can find vendors who put similar morphs in both male and female in clothing), but I definitely agree with this. I would immediately buy coveralls for men with an opening morph (or series or morphs, or alternate versions, whichever is needed to make "open collar" and "fully open" options work), but zipped to the neck only ones I don't have a use for personally.

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120
    edited January 2019

Yes, I am also thinking, that they could be brothers or cousins but are different. Edward is more the gentleman, a James-Bond-type of man. Christian is tougher, more the rocker he is promoted as.... (sorry for mistakes, never learned to say such things in my English classes LOL)

Post edited by JUJU on
  • HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    edited February 2019

Post edited by HorusRa on
    timsw6 said:

Christian with a few other morphs dialled in. I think he has one of the better skins of GM8 so most welcomed.

I totally agree - I think his skin is one of the best male skins I've seen.

Fantastic render, by the way! VERY cool! 

• Anybody else think the chest looks odd?  Like he's had badly executed pectoral implants.  The nipples aren't where they would naturally be to my eye.

I like the faces of the older male characters including this one.  Pity the 'older' females in the range are lacking the same detail and characterfulness (is that a word?).

• cherpenbeckcherpenbeck Posts: 1,409

Looks like in DAZ world females are either pretty young girls, sexy vamps or crinkled old hags. While men can be anything in-between and a lot more.

Looks like in DAZ world females are either pretty young girls, sexy vamps or crinkled old hags. While men can be anything in-between and a lot more.

I'm not sure why you'd think that. Alexandra 8, Penny 8, Latonya 8, Edie 8? Daz has been putting out a wider variety of ages and types this generation, I think. :) 

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    DAZ_Steve said:

Hmm... okay.... I only got two G8 pro packs before (Ollie and Vladimir) and with this kind of "deal" I won't be tempted to get another one right when it is published.. This whole way to get the reduced price looks like "reversed marketing" to me.. instead of making an attempt to get people who have not yet been teased to spend money for a pro pack to do so, the "regular big spenders" get their stuff cheaper (which is also okay..)

Add to that, that I don't really need two quite similiar hairs, a rocker outfit that shouts "wannabe", an overall that doesn't open and all that other "ooh I want to look like a tough boy but fail" stuff in the Pro pack.

Sorry, no-buy once more...

You make a good point.  Check back in 30 -45 mins and we'll have something more compelling for those of you with fewer bundles. :)

Yeah, that is a lot more tempting... though still not tempting enough (for me...) due to the content of the Pro Pack being of about zero use for me - even though I intend to do scenes with rockers and tough guys... it's just that my rockers are supposed to look... more real.. and the tough guys... tougher.. *lol*

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306
    L'Adair said:
    Havos said:
    AllenArt said:

Laurie

wink

My 8 includes 5 male and 3 female pro bundles, although I have a number of additional gen 8 base characters (all female). However as you stated later, the banner seems to imply that the gender of the owned bundles is not relevant.

• CortexCortex Posts: 109

I would say Victoria 8 has an apparent age somewhere over 30, maybe 35 or more, and many of the other gen 8 females with a pro bundle to their name are older, many above 40.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

I don't see Christian 8 and Edward 8 looking too much alike, personally. Other than them both being middle-aged white guys, they don't look all that much alike, imo. 

Here's a render with Christian 8 (font) with Edward 8 (back). Both have Altern8 applied.

I guess they could be related, maybe? But, to me, they don't look all that alike though. 

Skin looks great on both with Altern8 applied, @Divamakeup. Thanks for posting this direct comparison - very useful.

- Greg

• Edward (with beard) arm wrestling Christian

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/713726

Arma Wrastle Ya For It

arma wrastle ya for it.jpg
    2719 x 1289 - 2M
  • The $100 off is working for me now as well. Thanks for the quick fix.

To answer the other question floating around, I have bought these 8 Pro Bundles:

Nix 8 Pro Bundle
    Eva 8 Pro Bundle
    Lee 8 Pro Bundle
    Mei Lin 8 Pro Bundle
    Vladimir 8 Pro Bundle
    Owen 8 Pro Bundle
    Gia 8 Pro Bundle
    The Brute 8 Pro Bundle
    Latonya 8 Pro Bundle
    Toon Dwayne 8 Pro Bundle
    Zelara 8 Pro Bundle
    Ollie 8 Pro Bundle
    Penny 8 Pro Bundle
    Mabel 8 Pro Bundle
    Teen Kaylee 8 Pro Bundle
    The Girl 8 Pro Bundle
    Floyd 8 Pro Bundle
    Darius 8 Pro Bundle
    Mika 8 Pro Bundle
    Edie 8 Pro Bundle
    Aiko 8 Pro Bundle
    Damien Pro Bundle
    Edward 8 Pro Bundle
    Alexandra 8 Pro Bundle
    Karyssa 8 Pro Bundle
    Sakura 8 Pro Bundle
    Anneka Pro Bundle
    Charlotte 8 Pro Bundle
    Stephanie 8 Pro Bundle
    Monique 8 Pro Bundle
    Lucas 8 Pro Bundle
    Teen Josie 8 Pro Bundle
    Michael 8 Pro Bundle
    Olympia 8 Pro Bundle
    Victoria 8 Pro Bundle

Which, I think, is all of the 8 Pro Bundles. I know I have a problem but I am pretty sure a therapist will probably just laugh at me.

Holy Crap...I didn't even realize how many they'd put out.  It makes my total of 8 of them look like small potatoes. :)  Nevertheless, I was surprised I didn't get a purple banner of some sort.  I usually get something like that.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,700

Thanks, Divamakeup! I think part of the problem is when you put Commander Hair (or any distinct style) on anyone, they start looking like Edward 8. I noticed the same phenomenon with Michael 7's Fraser Hair when other characters wore it.

Cool story, bro ALERT: When my nephew was 2 years old, he was just in love with me: Every time he saw me his eyes would light up, and he would run over to me. One day, he visited, and I was wearing a hat. He didn't recognize me. I took off the hat, his eyes lit up, and he ran over to me.

thanks..quite a bit different. I might pick him up someday. i do like the skin. it would be cool if there could just be texture releases that looked that good. a skin texture kit, no model.