are yoo a thread killer?

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,611
    NylonGirl said:

Sfariah said:

I am being evicted and just found out.

I was under the impression you were in a place you couldn't escape from. 

I couldn't escape on my own, but they still could kick me out.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517

...reminds me of Misty who often used a dog nose as her icon.

Ooops!  Did I forget to let this thread die?  or did I do nothing?

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995

I forgot... is there a bounty for each thread you kill or is it more a self satisfaction thing?

I feel like I kill a lot of threads, but I don't feel any satisfaction afterwards, so maybe a bounty might be what I'm missing.

Also... while I prefer Bounty, I'd settle for Brawny, Viva or even Tuffy, but definitely not any of those crappy store brand paper towels/kitchen rolls.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,230

McGyver said:

I forgot... is there a bounty for each thread you kill or is it more a self satisfaction thing?

I feel like I kill a lot of threads, but I don't feel any satisfaction afterwards, so maybe a bounty might be what I'm missing.

Also... while I prefer Bounty, I'd settle for Brawny, Viva or even Tuffy, but definitely not any of those crappy store brand paper towels/kitchen rolls.

How about Galaxy or Mars as an alternative to Bounty?

Drinking too much fluids before bedtime will be a sleep killer.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991

Imagine there's no thread here.
    It's easy if you try.
    No reason to post here.
    I really like pie.

-Apologies to the late J.L.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713

McGyver said:

you have a big enough pond?

TJohn said:

Imagine there's no thread here.
    It's easy if you try.
    No reason to post here.
    I really like pie.

-Apologies to the late J.L.

What type of pie? 

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,142

I like ice cream on  pie.  Pie ala-mode.  But here's a Pi on a boat.devil

Pi-on-a-boat.jpg
    1919 x 1080 - 238K
  • oddboboddbob Posts: 347

Challenge accepted.

There's a question I like to ask new people that I meet. Technically It's a question in two parts. I've used it at the, ' Is there anything you'd like to ask us?' part of job interviews. It will reveal the fundamental nature of a person far better than a psych test or a playthrough of Planescape Torment.

It is dumping outside.  At least I am inside.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,142

Sfariah said:

Hmmm..., not sure what "it" is, nor what's being dumped, but that's a better mental image than you being outside dumping on it. surprise

LeatherGryphon said:

Sfariah said:

Hmmm..., not sure what "it" is, nor what's being dumped, but that's a better mental image than you being outside dumping on it. surprise

I forgot to mention about rain.  It has stopped raining now. 

edited May 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

McGyver said:

you have a big enough pond?

I live pretty close to the Great South Bay, so it could fit one of those easily... the hard part is finding a trailer big enough so I could take it out of the water at the end of the season.

Is that the HMS Tuffy, or the Viva?... I'm pretty sure the Brawny was sunk by a Kraken in 1787... And the Bounty was captured by The Pirates of Penzance in 1790 and made into seafood theme restaurant.

Post edited by McGyver on

Pancake syrup is sticky!

...but if it is pure natural mapale it is oh so good.

kyoto kid said:

Bad news I didn't buy the syrup.  More bad news it is not pure natural maple syrup.  Even more bad, it was bought by someone I think is trying to cut corners on cost.  Other than that it is better than no syrup.  Don't really have that many options to use on the waffles I made with my waffle iron. 

...ugh, HFCS syrup.likely with artifical maple flavouring.  Can you purchase your own food or is it a group thing?

Fruit Jam also goes good on waffles.

kyoto kid said:

...ugh, HFCS syrup.likely with artifical maple flavouring.  Can you purchase your own food or is it a group thing?

Fruit Jam also goes good on waffles.

In the current home, most of the groceries are bought by someone else.  Around June 8th, I will move into a place where I need to buy most of my food. 

..that will be a relief. as you will have more control over your diet. 

kyoto kid said:

..that will be a relief. as you will have more control over your diet. 

Hopefully I can reduce the crap, I mean HFCS and food dyes and similar. 

oddbob said:

Challenge accepted.

There's a question I like to ask new people that I meet. Technically It's a question in two parts. I've used it at the, ' Is there anything you'd like to ask us?' part of job interviews. It will reveal the fundamental nature of a person far better than a psych test or a playthrough of Planescape Torment.

Is either part the "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight" question?...

That one reveals a lot about about the person giving the interview too... especially if you are dressed up as the Joker at the moment... particularly the Heath Ledger version (whom I feel conveys the right amount of psychosis for a job interview today).

Even though that version of the Joker never said that, I still think that particular portrayal of the Joker, would also help reveal quite a bit about the interviewee too... chiefly the part where they run out the door, knocking over furniture on their way out... or conversely if they stay and give a time a date when they did in fact dance with said devil in the aforementioned pale moonlight, in which case if you are interviewing for henchmen, or possibly Taco Belle employees, that's a good sign... 

Other two part questions I've found to be revealing are... "What would you change about the company you currently work for", coupled with "Could you help me dispose of a body tonight"... Or, "How do you manage deadline pressure" followed by "Have you ever felt a romantic attraction to a kitchen appliance"... or the old favorite "Where are zee diamonds?" at which point you whip out a dentist's drill and shout "IS IT SAFE?!?"

Usually you can accurately judge the prospective employee by their level of confusion, indignation or urine left behind on their seat, which is helpful in determining their commitment you whatever job they are interviewing for.

kyoto kid said:

I prefer genuine Miss Marple syrup... I find the Joan Hickson type to be more authentic and having a more pronounced aged "mothballs and wool" taste.

McGyver said:

oddbob said:

Challenge accepted.

Is either part the "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight" question?...

No, although your options are good this is bordering on forbidden knowledge, use this new power carefully.

The question is, 'How many cats do you own and what are their names?'

Think of the people you know and how they might respond. It's illuminating.

I don't have any cats.  But I have two goldfish named Summers and Loki.

Sfariah said:

I don't have any cats.  But I have two goldfish named Summers and Loki.

From this I perceive that you are someone that likes goldfish and doesn't give them silly names. As I said, this much power can be frightening.

edited June 2022

oddbob said:

1.  No, although your options are good this is bordering on forbidden knowledge, use this new power carefully.

2. The question is, 'How many cats do you own and what are their names?'

3. Think of the people you know and how they might respond. It's illuminating.

1. With great power comes the great temptation to inevitably abuse such power, as history has shown us time and time again... and since it is the legacy and habit of mankind to ignore all lessons that history presents us, it is given expectation that one will eventually abuse such power, and as I do not like to disappoint people, I will definitely be abusing this power shortly... probably around noon, if I can get around to it.

2. Technically, nobody "owns" a cat and one should really specify whether by "name" they mean the cat's given human "name" or their "feline name" in High Meow*... I sense this question is actually a puzzle with deeper connotations and many branching implications.

3. While I can recall individuals I'm familiar with, I'm not really sure I "know" anyone... For who can truly say they know what dreams and madness lies in the hearts and minds of our fellow beings?
    To believe one knows anyone or for that matter anything, is a falsehood that is more revealing of one's own vanity and delusion manifested in the personal belief that one is so special that others will reveal their true self to us, regardless of whether they are even aware of that identity themselves... I sense this too to be another test, though I am not foolish enough believe that by recognizing that, I am any closer to illumination than I was before I focused my eyes on these pixels before me... So therefore I will merely recognize and make note of the possibilities in hopes that one day I may be enlightened enough to consider it further with greater understanding.

* "High" Meow, being the most common feline language, having split from Olde Merrrow around in the early 15th century. Not to be confused with Meow, which is more of a slang dialect currently used mostly in feline pop culture.

I am hungry!  I haven't been hungry in several days I think.

edited May 2022

Sfariah said:

I am hungry!  I haven't been hungry in several days I think.

As long as you aren't longing for the sweet squishy goodness of a delicious human brain, hunger is  probably a good sign... hopefully your infection is subsiding and you and your kidneys will be up and about and frolicking around like springtime kittens before you know it.... also, do not frolic with your kidneys externally, all frolicking with kidneys should be with them tucked safely inside the abdominal cavity... as a rule of thumb it is best to avoid taking them out for frolicking as they are generally pretty slippery and if you drop them on the ground they will get all full of dirt and hair and that's a real pain to wash off... it's kinda the reason I stopped delivering transplant organs...  people get so upset if you drop them or a dog steals them.

Anyway... feel better and go eat something.