Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part VII

Comments

• Fishtales said:

Storm Cloud

2019-06-16 13:46:36.218 Total Rendering Time: 3 hours 24 minutes 34.85 seconds

Studio 4.10

Nice one:) He should start gallop so he is not knocked/fried by lightning. 

• grhellboundgrhellbound Posts: 12
    edited June 2019

This one is just called Time.  

And this is Taulian Void who is doing some black magic =p 

Post edited by grhellbound on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

@Fishtales.  AMAZING IMAGES!  WOW surprise

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253

*Very* late to the Iray party. But Jepe's Art Deco statuettes were irresistable.

Plus I do covers for an Apa (Amateur Press Association), and they've got a red letter anniversary coming up.  This isn't the final product. I did some twealing in post and added text, but this was the base render.

This one was done in 4.10. I've since done another for a later issue in 4.11. I'll post it separately.

It should be noted that I'm on an iMac, so no Nvidia products were harmed during these renders.

50th.jpg
    797 x 1032 - 216K
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253

For my 2nd cover using Iray, I had just upgraded to 4.11 and wanted to see if there was any difference.

There was a bit.

In 4.10, rendering would time out after 2 hours, regardless of whether I told it to chew on it a bit longer or not. In 4.11 I think I got a visible image somewhat quicker, and the image started clearing a lot quicker as well. Otoh, while the progress bar showed progress and percentages on spot renders, for actual rendering in a separate window, I got no progress bar, or percentage display at all. So no feedback on how the program thought the rendering was going.

I don't know when it timed out, since I left it to render overnight. It was an hour into the render when I turned in, and this is what I had in the morning.

The Kiwi burrow (by Ken Gilliland at Hivewire) is just old enough that it didn't come with Iray materials. I rather think it doesn't need them. I did try hitting it with the Uber shader, and didn't like the result at all. So I brought in another iteration of the set and deleted the first one. I used the set itself with the 3DL materials.

I did want it to look wet, however, so I applied a geometry shell to the whole thing. While still in the 3DL settings I turned the shell's visibility off from the mound and the burrow, and slapped what was left (on all of the plant life) with a clear liquid shader. (One of Jen's from the PC+)

The Pixie was already an Iray figure, the spider is covered with Iray shaders, and the spiderweb has DAZ materials applied, but I don't know if the materials are 3DL or Iray. They're Flink's, from Rendo, but I've had them a while. So they might be either.

I think this version has a bit of postwork tweaking color balances and what all, but it isn't the finished cover.

Pixie.jpg
    797 x 1031 - 286K
  • ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385

Boutique, still a wip (exterior alpha at this time)

ert1ab.png
    2560 x 1440 - 5M
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

@RAMWolff

Thank you.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    JOdel said:

*Very* late to the Iray party. But Jepe's Art Deco statuettes were irresistable.

Plus I do covers for an Apa (Amateur Press Association), and they've got a red letter anniversary coming up.  This isn't the final product. I did some twealing in post and added text, but this was the base render.

This one was done in 4.10. I've since done another for a later issue in 4.11. I'll post it separately.

It should be noted that I'm on an iMac, so no Nvidia products were harmed during these renders.

pretty render

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566
    edited June 2019

Finished a desert mil scene I was working on, enjoy

Gallery link here

operators.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • JVRendererJVRenderer Posts: 661

Sara : G8F, Texture Amira HD, Astra, Morphs Leony HD and Kala 8, Hair Biscuits' Gili, dress Nirvy's dForce Naught Angel, shoes Arryn's Daisy Heels. scene items from DanieMarfono

Sara

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611
    edited June 2019

Modern Times to tell a story...

Just a picture that flows in my mind...

Edit: changed picture to the High Res Image

Post edited by Lothar Weber on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Like that allot Lothar! 

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

Sara : G8F, Texture Amira HD, Astra, Morphs Leony HD and Kala 8, Hair Biscuits' Gili, dress Nirvy's dForce Naught Angel, shoes Arryn's Daisy Heels. scene items from DanieMarfono

Sara

Beautiful work JVR!

• The battle has ended

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,800

Very catchy lights. Just everything is done right here. Love it. :-)

Very catchy lights. Just everything is done right here. Love it. :-)

Thank you so much;-)

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532
    edited June 2019

Galactic Love

Galactic Love by tkdrobert

Post edited by tkdrobert on
  • I missed great pictures!

Just a fun one

Dog days of summer!     Gallery

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,163
    edited June 2019

"Stood Up"

Post edited by Gordig on
  • grhellboundgrhellbound Posts: 12
    edited June 2019

In toxic waters 

Toxic.jpg
    2009 x 2600 - 4M
    Post edited by grhellbound on
  • testing skin settings

londongirl.jpg
    900 x 506 - 345K
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

In toxic waters 

Great render, but she is toast in that environemnt, LOL

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited July 2019

Going through and looking at characters, this was one I did with added rim lighting that I rather liked. She's Grace (Gen3/ Gen8F)  with Louise Hair which is also for G3 and G8F.  I'm not really sure what age I would consider her. Thoughts?

GraceLouiseHrdForceClothes2.png
    1047 x 1023 - 2M
    Post edited by Novica on
  • ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385

Wow! so many great images than I prefer do not post that I wanted to post...congratz

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325

I just discovered NIK filters, which I acquired as soon as Google made them free and then never used them.
    This was just intended to be a Norman Rockwellish type scene, but the camera setting on the NIK collection gave it a really interesting look, as did the HDRI lighting, which caused me to go back repose some figures, eliminate some others and render the scene specifically for the filter effect.

Still needs some tweaks, but I think I'm onto something.

At the Beach.png
    1040 x 735 - 1M
  • In toxic waters 

Great render, but she is toast in that environemnt, LOL

Thanks, hehe yes you are right;) This is more correct then. 

edited July 2019

Carnival to test some backlight props made in blender 2.8:

Klick to enlarge

Post edited by Chohole on

and another with the all new Gorilla ;-) - just to look how the hair looks

klick to enlarge

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325
    Novica said:

Going through and looking at characters, this was one I did with added rim lighting that I rather liked. She's Grace (Gen3/ Gen8F)  with Louise Hair which is also for G3 and G8F.  I'm not really sure what age I would consider her. Thoughts?

She looks like she could be anywhere from late teens to early twenties.

This discussion has been closed.