[Released] European Style Apartment [Commercial]

1235»

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938
    peenwolf said:

I hope you guys go on to make more content like this.  I see Roguey's store still only has this product.

yes a lovely medieval bedroom is coming I see, will be an instant buy for me after using this set

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,253
    peenwolf said:

I hope you guys go on to make more content like this.  I see Roguey's store still only has this product.

yes a lovely medieval bedroom is coming I see, will be an instant buy for me after using this set

Oh that does look good. Happy to see they are still labouring over such detailed content.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Indeed

peenwolf said:
    peenwolf said:

Oh that does look good. Happy to see they are still labouring over such detailed content.

I noticed something weird happening.  This is probably not an issue with the room itself but probably an issue with Daz studio.

The opacity masks of the wall decals are being applied to the wall behind them and making the entire wall section transparent.  Typically i experience this issue after a while into a project, i.e., the scene is initially fine, but then the decal opacity masks keep getting added to what's behind them.

Is this something that happens to other people?  It gets annoying because i have to reload the offending assets into scene again.

Capture2.JPG
    1332 x 783 - 176K
    Capture.JPG
    952 x 633 - 74K
  • I've only had that when Iray's instance optimization is set to memory rather than speed. Either way, try moving the whole room to the center of the Daz scene. The farther away things are from the center, the more inaccurate it gets and the more likely there's gonna be that issue. Alternatively, if you just move the offending transparent meshes a bit away from the wall, it should fix the issue too. Like said, it's an accuracy issue within Daz or iray, and when 2 surfaces are too close it won't separate them properly anymore the farther away from the center.

Thanks for that explanation, i will give that a go.

I moved everything centred on daz scene origin and haven't experienced issue since then.

Almost finished with my scene, I will just add some iray decals (stickers etc) to some of the surfaces and line up that wall properly.

Room1.JPG
    1722 x 1174 - 315K
    Room2.JPG
    1691 x 1048 - 317K

trying to give it more of a new york apartment vibe

NYApt-Test2.jpg
    1920 x 1130 - 613K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,253
    lilweep said:

trying to give it more of a new york apartment vibe

Nice, I think that fire escape outside the window added a lot to the New York vibe.

I also was playing around with the kitchen.  I like that this set comes with modular sections like wall segments and pillars, so you have some flexibility in rearranging the sizes and layouts of rooms.

NYApt-Kitchen-Test3.jpg
    1920 x 1130 - 294K
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,901

Those are great renders, lilweep!

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 763

Great use of the Apartment assets Lilweep :)

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

I used the part of the apartment here in my gallery image. 

Great renders Lilweep!

• I was going to ask the difference between Eurostile and American apartments but I see the zombies so I assume that is it.bWe don't have zombies in the US. Right guys...Guys?

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

I just found a little beauty flaw in that product.

The doors has walls on both sides, but both sides use the same surface. That makes it diffcult to apply an different surface on the other side of the room for the walls.

It would be great if you could split the wall surface for doors wink

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    gerster said:

I just found a little beauty flaw in that product.

The doors has walls on both sides, but both sides use the same surface. That makes it diffcult to apply an different surface on the other side of the room for the walls.

It would be great if you could split the wall surface for doors wink

Can't check rn because rendering, but can't you create a new material zone with the geometry editor and deal with it that way?

• vagansvagans Posts: 422

Can someone help me with this product? I can't seem to get any of the lights working. Not the scene lights as in the distant lights and the window lights. I'm referring to any of the actual ceiling lights. If I load a room like the hallway (which has a ceiling light) and preview, it's black. Checking the surfaces, there's 2 emitters on Lamp4 for example which have luminance. No matter what with any room and any of these actual lights, they're never emitting anything.

If I load a simple lamp into the room that has an iray emitter, it works fine. Just any of these built-in lights that come with the scene don't work. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

• @vagans Does the scene render fine in Iray ?

If it's just the viewport appearing black, try pressing Ctrl + L  ...I think that's the default bind to turn off viewport lighting.

• vagans said:

Can someone help me with this product? I can't seem to get any of the lights working. Not the scene lights as in the distant lights and the window lights. I'm referring to any of the actual ceiling lights. If I load a room like the hallway (which has a ceiling light) and preview, it's black. Checking the surfaces, there's 2 emitters on Lamp4 for example which have luminance. No matter what with any room and any of these actual lights, they're never emitting anything.

If I load a simple lamp into the room that has an iray emitter, it works fine. Just any of these built-in lights that come with the scene don't work. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Maybe just turn off preview lights under menu "Window"... in render i think you get the right lights.

It's nothing to do with preview lights, that's only for during editing. This is during Iray viewport render or actual rendering. Any other iray emitter works fine, I can create a primitive sphere and add emission to it and it's lighting correctly.

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611
    edited September 2020

Well, ok. Just tested it. You're right. strange behaviour... Never used the hallway before..

Screenshot 2020-09-24 170556.jpg
    1237 x 923 - 223K
    Post edited by Lothar Weber on

The kitchen is the same for me, the ceiling light I can't get to emit at all. The surfaces themselves look fine for the emitters as far as I can tell. I don't understand what's going on with these particular lights.

• Need to try that with a clean restart. But tomorrow.

• Did you turn the lights ON ? I think they were off by default. Meaning you have to look for the morph that turns them on under... Pose Controls I think the group is called there.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    edited September 2020

Select the lamp, then use the pose control.

Screenshot 2020-09-24 131811.jpg
    454 x 365 - 17K
    Post edited by Sevrin on

oh jeez, I would have never thought to look in "Post Controls" for a light. I assumed if there was a toggle for them then there would be icons for them with the rest of the items.

Thanks

quite a lot of lights in Daz are like this - with on/off in parameters.

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611
    edited September 2020

Oh, well - totaly forgot this. Not used this product in a while. Sooo now we have light again LOL laugh. Thank you @strangefate

Now it is light.png
    741 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Lothar Weber on

Oh, well - totaly forgot this. Not used this product in a while. Sooo now we have light again LOL laugh. Thank you @strangefate

Great follow-up image :)

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 763

If you updated to Daz Studio 4.20 and are having problems with the lighting, please see the OP for information and a fix.