[Released] European Style Apartment [Commercial]

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

The sockets are switches are wrong for the UK, otherwise it would fit. I bought it so will see about changing the socket look, possibly the switches too.

I nearly missed it thanks to Daz's promo; alien in scene so I ignored, only got cause I happened to notice it was released, and nearly missed that too.

Congratulations on the release and on the quality.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,992

Amazing set, great details - very well done.

• An instapurchase.  I don't have enough time to play with it for a few days, but I spent an hour and am very happy.  This sets a new standard. 

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,783

Gah... I'm sitting on the fence on this.  It looks gorgeous and the detail work is extraordinary... but on the flip side, the PC+ sale is really impacting the pocketbook and I already have a crazy number of apartment and room sets in my runtimes... I mean, like over a hundred.  Do I really need another, no matter how well made? 

• Funny; the furniture, decorations, paint and tiles reminds me of a summer home I used to visit in Aragon--and by "remind" I mean that I am tempted to tell the proprietors to get security cameras in there--it's interesting to see people from other European countries saying the apartment would also fit in theirs.

• Cybersox said:

Gah... I'm sitting on the fence on this.  It looks gorgeous and the detail work is extraordinary... but on the flip side, the PC+ sale is really impacting the pocketbook and I already have a crazy number of apartment and room sets in my runtimes... I mean, like over a hundred.  Do I really need another, no matter how well made? 

I have a few too, but nothing like that:)

The level of detail in this one is amazing..  if you're looking for that I'd spring for it. I did and am very happy.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,957
    edited November 2018

A quick use ...

Euro Apt.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 3M
    Post edited by SimonJM on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,992
    edited November 2018

Clove likes her new apartment, so far.

Clove04pic02gd2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 732K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 763
    edited November 2018

Nice, looks like the strangest creatures are finding a home :)

I've been continuing to vintage-up some of the promos in PS, It seems relatively easy to make the renders feel more realistic with the typical old camera filters. Removing some saturation would help more with the effect, but kinda like seeing colors :)

Post edited by StrangeFate on
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,581

Simulating physical cameras in post really makes a difference - these look fantastic! I'm partial to cross processing emulation myself, as it seems to add a hint of atmosphere without actually having to render any volumetrics. I realize that you want to show detail clearly in promos, but have you tried rendering any of these with DOF in Iray/DS?

- Greg

• Greg - I used DOF for some of the close up renders but yeah, should have used it a lot more in general... next time!

• RainRain Posts: 335
    Cybersox said:

YES!  I got this yesterday and am blown away by the quality and all the items in the package.  I also own lots of room sets but i think this will now be my go-to set.  

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Oh, and thank you for the larger thumbnails.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,342
    edited November 2018

I just bought this tonight, and I need some help with the lighting. I loaded the Kitchen set and applied the EuroApt Lights Moon lights and the EuroApt Iray Night render settings.  The render is way too bright and most white surfaces are completely blown out. It is like super bright light is coming from the window, even though I applied Moon lighting and Night render settings. The readme says most promo images were rendered with the "default lighting out of the box". What am I doing wrong? This is what I get from the Kitchen 1 camera. The ceiling light isn't even on in this render.

EDIT: I think I cracked the case. In the Materials category there is a EuroApt Windows Large - Night Light Preset that I didn't know about. I applied that, in addition to the lights and render settings. Now my render is looking better. I han't occurred to me to look for lighting in the Materials category. (I also had to turn on the ceiling light, or my render was pitch black.)

EDIT AGAIN: I started all over and loaded the kitchen again. I set everything to night again and this time I'm getting some light in from outside (one of the window emission materials, I think). It is not pitch black without the ceiling light. I guess I'm still figuring out how to work this set. I turned the ceiling light on again, and it is looking better than ever.

Kitchen Camera 1 Night.jpg
    2600 x 1600 - 3M
    Kitchen Camera 1 Night ceiling light on windows night materials.jpg
    2600 x 1600 - 2M
    Kitchen Camera 1 Night ceiling light on windows night materials again.jpg
    2600 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 763
    edited November 2018

Barbult - The render settings would be the most important thing to load yes, as they play a bit with the ISO etc settings to make things look a bit better than they would with default render settings.
    You don't *necessarily* need the window light materials, but the night settings materials do cast a much better blue light for night scenes.

Spuffy - Glad you like it that much :)

Post edited by StrangeFate on
    edited November 2018

Barbult - The render settings would be the most important thing to load yes, as they play a bit with the ISO etc settings to make things look a bit better than they would with default render settings.
    You don't *necessarily* need the window light materials, but the night settings materials do cast a much better blue light for night scenes.

Thanks for your reply. I'm still learning how to use this set. It is much more sophisticated than any environment I have ever purchased from Daz3D. I have a some more questions, if you have the time.

1. What is the Wear slider on the Lamp-Tube (the ceiling light in the kitchen)? I can't see that it does anything.
    2. What does the Store Curtain On/Off do on the Window Large in the kitchen. I can't see anything happen when I change it. I figured this out. The curtains in the Kitchen are hidden, so I couldn't see what the control did.
    3. Why are some Pose Controls marked as Favorites? I noticed it on the Window Large.
  • barbult said:

Thanks for your reply. I'm still learning how to use this set. It is much more sophisticated than any environment I have ever purchased from Daz3D. I have a some more questions, if you have the time.

1. What is the Wear slider on the Lamp-Tube (the ceiling light in the kitchen)? I can't see that it does anything.
    2. What does the Store Curtain On/Off do on the Window Large in the kitchen. I can't see anything happen when I change it.
    3. Why are some Pose Controls marked as Favorites? I noticed it on the Window Large.

I agreed..  It would be very useful to have a manual or tutuorial. 

edited November 2018

Darn. Just when I thought I had this figured out, I tried a Day render of the kitchen. It is totally blown out. I applied the day lights, materials, and render settings. The ceiling light is off. I don't understand where I am going wrong. crying

Kitchen Camera 1 Day ceiling light off..jpg
    2600 x 1600 - 2M
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,905

Why not render it as an Iray Beauty Canvas? Then you can easily adjust exposure to where you want.

• Check that the Day Render Settings ar actually changing things, I suspect that they aren't (at least for you).

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861
    edited November 2018

For me, the set is problematic for the kitchen, as some folks know I reported it Nov 4 in my Art Studio thread. The kitchen scene IS totally blown out "out of the box" and it also puts more burn out/glare on one particular chair. So  @barbult  no,  you're not doing anything wrong- it is indeed the set. In Scene under Wall 1, I just turned OFF the two emissives and used Dumor's Apocalyptic Plant Indoors 2 lighting, and it's really nice. Here's the comparisons. 

I think it's wonderful the vendor got creative and tried something new, and the props/set are really detailed. I'll be posting some closeups of the entryway shortly in my thread. Here's that post. It shows closeups of the props.   However, I would certainly agree it would be nice to have better details in the ReadMe, if a Users Manual isn't available to guide users through it. 

Post edited by Novica on

Check that the Day Render Settings ar actually changing things, I suspect that they aren't (at least for you).

Yes, the render settings presets in the product do change both the Environment and Tone Mapping render settings for me. Does the Kitchen render correctly for you with the Day settings applied, Richard? Is that why you wrote "(at least for you)"?

• barbult said:

Check that the Day Render Settings ar actually changing things, I suspect that they aren't (at least for you).

Yes, the render settings presets in the product do change both the Environment and Tone Mapping render settings for me. Does the Kitchen render correctly for you with the Day settings applied, Richard? Is that why you wrote "(at least for you)"?

I was hedging my bets, in case the settings were failing to load for a local reason. I have the set but haven't had time to play yet.

Oso3D said:

Why not render it as an Iray Beauty Canvas? Then you can easily adjust exposure to where you want.

Yes, I might have to try that, Will - good suggestion! Or I could fiddle with the included window emission sliders and render settings. I just expected promo-like out of the box results, based on what the readme said. Even the full scene included in the product (EuroApt-!Complete Day) results in the extreme over lighting of the kitchen, in my opinion.

I have moved on, and am trying a different room. The living room seems to render OK (i.e.. looks like the promo images). Perhaps it is just a problem with the kitchen and all those white surfaces. The living room has some blown out areas too, but they look realistic to me, because this is not an HDR render.

This looks like a fabulous product with sophistication far beyond what we normally get, at an unbelievably low price for a whole apartment. It includes cameras, lighting, render settings, movable parts, modular design, and probably dozens of things I haven't discovered yet. 

barbult said:

2. What does the Store Curtain On/Off do on the Window Large in the kitchen. I can't see anything happen when I change it.

I would like that too.  I had no problem with the front hall lighting, but the kitchen was overblown and the bathroom was pitchblack.  It's a great set 

spuffy said:
    barbult said:

I would like that too.  I had no problem with the front hall lighting, but the kitchen was overblown and the bathroom was pitchblack.  It's a great set 

I haven't tried rendering the bathroom yet, but the layout shows it has no windows. There is undoubtedly a light fixture (or several??) that you need to turn on. You might find a button to turn it on in the Parameters pane under Pose Controls. That is where I have found some of the other light controls.

barbult said:
    spuffy said:
    barbult said:

I haven't tried rendering the bathroom yet, but the layout shows it has no windows. There is undoubtedly a light fixture (or several??) that you need to turn on. You might find a button to turn it on in the Parameters pane under Pose Controls. That is where I have found some of the other light controls.

I tried it again and I'm now getting some light, obviously user error ;-)  But thanks for pointing out the parameter/pose controls, I never thought of that.  I really need a manaul, this set has everything.  

spuffy said:
    barbult said:
    spuffy said:
    barbult said:

I tried it again and I'm now getting some light, obviously user error ;-)  But thanks for pointing out the parameter/pose controls, I never thought of that.  I really need a manaul, this set has everything.  

The readme file has a few clues.

• Hey all!

Sorry, I didn't get any Daz email about there being more posts...

Generally, You should be able to control all settings and options of a prop from the 'Pose Controls' group. I'd always look there first. So, any lamp, click on the model, go to the Pose controls group, and there will be a button to turn it on/off.
    Same for the Oven, Kitchen lights over the stove top etc etc. If you click on the item you want to modify, the Pose Controls group will have everything you can do with it.

What is the Wear slider on the Lamp-Tube (the ceiling light in the kitchen)? I can't see that it does anything.
    A few items will have wear sliders. Basically, everything was modeled in a perfect state, geometrically perfect as 3D stuff usually is. The wear slider does little things, like warp/shift the doors of the wardrobe (and other furniture with doors) slightly so the gaps between them aren't all perfectly even. On the bedroom and Kitchen lamps it tilts the canopies (the cylinder at the top of the lamp close to the ceiling) so they look more natural, since they usually just hang a bit lower from the ceiling and never stay perfectly straight.
    On the office chairs, the slider rotates the wheels so they're not all facing perfectly straight.
    So, you'll probably not see much happening when you move the slider as it just adds subtle irregularities usually. By themselves they're neglectable but they add to the overall scene.

Why are some Pose Controls marked as Favorites? I noticed it on the Window Large.
    The product had a ton of props and properties to go through, so sometimes when they were still WIPs, I marked them as favorites so I could find them faster again down the road.
    So there's no real purpose to the favorite properties I'm afraid, just think of them as representing a tear each.

THE KITCHEN LIGHTING!

It's not as it should be sadly, just checked myself.
    The offenders are the emissive values in the large kitchen window. The values should be closer to 25% and 10% for the Cold and Warm light sources respectively (probably a bit more warm light to match the sunny default settings in the rest of the palce).
    What probably happened was that the saved values got overwritten during the QA passes, as the large windows had some updates done to them at the end of QA.
    I'll see to update the product with a fix. For now if you lower the values you should get the intended look, and can tweak from there to get the results you want (see image attached)

BATHROOM
    The bathroom will be rather dark by default which is normal (no windows, some dark walls and floor). You'll have to turn on the ceiling lights or the ones on the mirror. You can just click on the lights or the mirror respectively.

Any questions, or if I missed anything, let me know. I tried to set up everything as straight forward as possible. If you need light, you turn on a light, and the light will come from the lamp as you would expect etc. There's no hidden magic otherwise.
    The window emissive might be a bit of an exception since the light cast by the Environment maps in Daz is too weak, so I wanted to give people more control over the lighting coming in. There's obviously limitations with the solution we took, but it felt like a good compromise between quality and ease of use, with 2 sliders.

Kitchen_Default.PNG
    1526 x 808 - 2M

Thank you for all the information! Your support is as good as the product. yes

Here is my large bedroom render. I keep discovering things in this product. The duvet is set up for dForce!!! Here I simulated it over a sleeping Vladimir. I like playing with shader presets, so I switched up a few textures for fun. I added or swapped a few props, too. 

Sleeping In