[Released] European Style Apartment [Commercial]

StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 758
edited November 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products

DAZ STUDIO 4.20 UPDATE: All our Products' lighting has been updated to work with Daz 4.20+ Iray. Make sure to update the Products.

It's out now! https://www.daz3d.com/roguey

Done by Roguey, a new PA I've been helping learn 3D over the past year. She's dealing with some real life things she didn't have time until now, so I'm helping her a bit with this.

About the product:
- Complete 3 Bedroom apartment with some props for every room to get you started (which adds up to a lot of props).
- Worn, detailed and realistic look and feel to it.
- All lights/lamps emit realistic lighting which makes it easy to create believable and moody renders.
- 99% of all doors and drawers open.
- Windows emit light too. The intensity and wamrth/coldness of the light can be changed with sliders to create any time of day.
- There's a modular set of walls/windows/doors to help you create your own spaces/apartments.

LAYOUT:

LIVINGROOM:

KITCHEN:

BATHROOM:

More rooms and modularity samples later!

Post edited by StrangeFate on

Comments

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038
    edited October 2018

looks really amazing!

Are all the props as single props available (for reusing in other envs)?

Is the toilet seat and the shower door also open/closeale?

Are the windows and available oben/closable, too?

As an furuther extention  I would like to see an exterer version of the house and a stairway (thinking of multiple aparatments in a house). :)

Post edited by Hurdy3D on
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

This looks really good. I am looking forward to this.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

Looks really nice!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601

Looks really nice, love the creepy promos. Cool to see that European apts don't look much different than U.S. ones.

Really hope you have more armor coming out soon. I have worn the kadis set out, LOL

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

I think this Euro Apt is going to be a great addition to my contents!!!!

So many options with it to make some of the greatest 3d art ever!

And it has a bathroom! For some reason, many of the apartments these days don't have one (at least here at Daz--they most likely still do in real life :D).

• MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 2,990

Gret one! 

• Looks like an instabuy for me.

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 758
    edited October 2018

Glad you like it, she spent about a half year on it (on and off sometimes) as she learned 3D from scratch.

Gerster - All props are available separately yes. I didn't count but I think all together there's over a 100 props and furniture pieces.
    Toilet seat and shower door open too yes. Drawer by sink opens too. Water faucet on the sink moves too even.
    Windows can be opened and closed, all curtains too, although the long thick curtains that are tied to the sides on some windows don't close fully, but that's how they are in real life.

Exterior part / stairway isn't included of course, although the main door of the apartment is perfectly functional... maybe as a future project, although she's leaning more towards Fantasy environments now, Games of Thrones style... but you never know.

A few more images, some creepy ones too!: 

SMALL BEDROOM:

HALLWAY:

I'll post more later again, including some prop renders and the modularity samples as they give you an idea of how reusable props are, or how things are broken down.

PS: Even the paper drawings on the fridge and small room walls are single props with various morphs for bending them.
    Bed Douvets are set up for DForce and come with a bunch or presaved morph poses.

Post edited by Chohole on

Glad you like it, she spent about a half year on it (on and off sometimes) as she learned 3D from scratch.

That is impressive! Has she some 2d experience before?

Gerster - All props are available separately yes. I didn't count but I think all together there's over a 100 props and furniture pieces.
    Toilet seat and shower door open too yes. Drawer by sink opens too. Water faucet on the sink moves too even.
    Windows can be opened and closed, all curtains too, although the long thick curtains that are tied to the sides on some windows don't close fully, but that's how they are in real life.

A few more images, some creepy ones too!: 

SMALL BEDROOM:I'll post more later again, including some prop renders and the modularity samples as they give you an idea of how reusable props are, or how things are broken down.

PS: Even the paper drawings on the fridge and small room walls are single props with various morphs for bending them.
    Bed Douvets are set up for DForce and come with a bunch or presaved morph poses.

Also very impressive. I think this will be an instant buy. So shut up and take my money, please wink

Exterior part / stairway isn't included of course, although the main door of the apartment is perfectly functional... maybe as a future project, although she's leaning more towards Fantasy environments now, Games of Thrones style... but you never know.

stairway (with some appartments doors) as a future project would be cool - we don't have much stairway products - espcially for appartments.
    Exterior would be very cool, for comics which shows also the house from the outside.

This is looking more and more impressive!

edited October 2018

Gerster - No, she didn't have any experience with anything before, but I did help with the texturing, she's not quite there yet on that area. She knows enough to do some average texturing, but i find it difficult to ignore things that can be better.
    That said, she is quite impressive and a very proactive and quick learner. She literally didn't know how to copy/paste in windows when we started.

Ati - More images then!

LARGE BEDROOM:

OFFICE SPACE:

edited October 2018

And some quick layouts Roguey did to show off the modular walls and stuff. She did both within an afternoon. So far she's been working on a $450 laptop that gets quickly bogged down by anything 3D so putting large spaces together in Daz was a bit of challenge.
    Proceeds from the product sale will go straight towards getting something better for work :)

and forgot the ENTRANCE of the Apartment. All props are custom textured so they tend to have plenty of detail and character in close ups, although someone maybe forgot to clean the mirror a bit...

I'll post a few more close ups later and some misc renders showing some lighting and other stuff.

• evacynevacyn Posts: 961

Looks fantastic! Really looking forward to this one :)

• Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,565

This looks really wonderful. How memory intensive would you say it is?

edited October 2018

Phoenix1966 - We optimized textures as much as possible, to the point that Daz QA asked to scale some of them up again. I imagine that loading the whole apartment will be somewhat memory intensive, but there are Scene subsets for every room, and the render settings and extra sun light source can be loaded separately too.

A few more shots:

edited October 2018

• All props are custom textured so they tend to have plenty of detail and character in close ups, although someone maybe forgot to clean the mirror a bit...

That's fine! Places need to look like being lived in.

This will be an instant buy.

• I had budgeted a bit of money towrads the end of the sale, but I'm holding back and waiting for when this comes out.  I hope it's very succesful and inspires other work at this level of quality.

edited October 2018

Phoenix1966 - We optimized textures as much as possible, to the point that Daz QA asked to scale some of them up again. I imagine that loading the whole apartment will be somewhat memory intensive, but there are Scene subsets for every room, and the render settings and extra sun light source can be loaded separately too.

I think additional HighDpi Textures are a good idea which can be added manually if needed. The screenshots looks fine, but a higher resolution option is always usefull for close up renderers.

An other idea would be: optimize the images. I don't no why, but I think no PA does this. There are tools which reduce the size of images through very smart alogrythmen drastiacally without a (big) visual impact. I'm not talking about JPEG compressing.
    It's based on open source libaries which are adapted by many products, like the free "clould" version:
    https://tinypng.com

Or a desktop version for macos: https://imageoptim.com/mac or other apps for other OS Systems: https://imageoptim.com/versions.html

Like I said, I don't know why PAs don't optimize their textures with these tools, I use imageoptim (give some addtional control about compresseion) on macos for my final renders AND some custom texture I did with always good results. These optimitions saves so much memory.
    So you may give them a try, please ;)

But one thing is important: use always a image/texture without any compression artefacts (e.g. a JPG with Q100) as source material for the optimazion to get the best results. The algorythmen will think otherwise that the artefacts are a part of the image and tries to keep them, which will increase the file size.

Edit: Just took a a closer look to some screenshots... okay some texture are not 100% sharp and I see compression artefacts. So, I vote again for a HighDPI version ;)

Post edited by Hurdy3D on
  • wow! looks nice!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,896

gerster: Huh, well, as a PA... I had no idea. Thanks for the tip. ;)

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,577
    gerster said:
    Edit: Just took a a closer look to some screenshots... okay some texture are not 100% sharp and I see compression artefacts. So, I vote again for a HighDPI version ;)

Are you sure the compression artifacts you're seeing aren't caused by the compression Iray uses when loading the textures (and your local settings for it)?

-  Greg

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947

Ok, when can I move in? That looks really excellent and I think it will be an instant purchase from me.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Not sure how I will use this but I must get it.

edited October 2018

Glad you like it SimonJM :)

Gerster - Without speaking for other PA's, personally I assume Disk space is cheap. No RAM or VRAM is saved through compression, so the images once loaded into memory have the exact same cost regardless of the space they occupy on Disk, so nothing is gained performance wise. Also, anything compressed needs to be decompressed first again when loaded into memory.

I admit that disk space may obviously not be cheap for everyone, or that even if it was cheap, not everybody might have the nowhow to get more, so I'll look into compression for future products. I'm up for anything as long as I can automatize the process :)

Post edited by StrangeFate on
  • Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,565

Thanks for the info. Really great work here.

Gerster - Without speaking for other PA's, personally I assume Disk space is cheap. No RAM or VRAM is saved through compression, so the images once loaded into memory have the exact same cost regardless of the space they occupy on Disk, so nothing is gained performance wise. Also, anything compressed needs to be decompressed first again when loaded into memory.

I admit that disk space may obviously not be cheap for everyone, or that even if it was cheap, not everybody might have the nowhow to get more, so I'll look into compression for future products. I'm up for anything as long as I can automatize the process :)

Hey Strangefate,

sorry for highjaking this thread ;)

Yes you are right, I wasn't aware of that. Thank you.
    I tested your statement about compression and image optmization and yes... it seems that it has no effect on the memory in the video VRAM. Good to know.
    For my test I downloaded a RAW image and created one version as a JPEG with Q100 and an other one where I optmized these image with optimimg.

So, yes... these tools will PAs only help so save HD space (which is still valuable) ;) But it has no effect of the VRAM usage of the video card :(

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

This is just gorgeous and could be a movie set easily. Well done. I like how everything looks a little "lived-in"

• Thanks everyone for the interest :)

Gerster - It was a pertinent issue. I don't think about it much right now, but if you download content for years then the space taken adds up really quick.

More images: