FIX THE PELVIC DISTORTIONS - SOLVED -

2»

Comments

• If the JCM you are adding is specific to a shape it should be a new one, with its own name. You would create a custom JCM to diectly replace the stck one if it was giving poor results without any other shape applied.

• Dax AvalangeDax Avalange Posts: 340
    edited October 2018

Ah ok! So you say, I create the same JCM corrective to fix legs deformation, but not with same name of base corrective Daz, a new one with a different name for instance "Left leg correction". Right? Then, after create the corrective I load via Morpg Loader Pro, here same procedure obviously.

I thought about you said in the previous post. You told "don't replace the Daz corrective giving to your corrective same name.". This is the cause when I go back to G3F base character I see some trace of my corrective instead of zeroed I bet! Is it right?

Always in the previous post you say "You would create a custom JCM to directly replace the stick one if it was giving poor results without any other shape applied."

Without any other shape applied it means mine Toned Edna or others?

Post edited by Dax Avalange on
  • Sorry I hadn't found the time to record a new video yet.
    But my thoughts are with the JCMs and ERCs again. One thing I like to add for consideration is the fact that the Left Thigh joint rotation ZRotate (Side-Side) never reaches 100% because of the property limits. If you remember what I saied about the values and percentage display, the actual value of the slider is 0.85 not 85%.

Maybe there is an issue with the way you loaded your corrective Left Thigh JCM for the Toned Edna FBM with MPL and Reverse Deformation. You did use Reverse Deformation on the posed and morphed to Edna figure before you loaded the JCM right?

Just some thought I had is that maybe something went wrong with the Reverse Deformation and / or the ERC dependencies so the missing 15% of the JCM is still visible in the figure shape with default pose. So if you want your corrective JCM to be fully dialed up while its linked to the ZRotate joint rotation that reaches a maximum value of 0.85 you need to change the scalar value of the SubComponent JCM to be 1.15 in the Property Hierarchy Attributes. I hope this makes sense and dosn't add more confusion.

• If you need a diffrent correction for Toned Edna from the stock Daz JCM then you create that, then use Morph Loader Pro to load it with a unique naem and with Reverse Deformations so that you are left with only the modifications needed. Then you hook that up so that it drived as normal by the rotation, but so that the result is multiplied by the value of Toned Edna. That way, if you apply the bend without Toned Edna you get the basic Daz JCM, if you apply it with 100% Toned Edna you get the Daz JCM plus your changes, and if you apply it with 50% Toned Edna you get the Daz JCM plus 50% of your additions.

edited October 2018

Syrus Dante that's fine! Ok! I load my JCM corrective esactly as you written in your post. I did it the same with the catsuit for my Reiko character with the help of Richard and I got a great success. If you seen the previous thread about to solve the JCM corrective you see I attached lot of pics in many incredible extreme pose. No error also if you search with a lantern. About the Reverse Deformations I use athem anytime need the use of that! In the previous of this thread you can see my workflow from when the character is modelled to the load in MLP and activate it. You say that is visible a trace of the corrective in G3F when is back to zero morph. This is just what I want to solve. No Toned Edna, no JCM corrective of her! Simple. I will give a look to your tips! Thanks!

Richard what you say it seems spin perfectly! This is exactly the goal I want to achieve! I try this and if it finally solved as always I'll build you a statue! Lol! Jenny wait for the same solution along with my other characters, to break down the Daz error wall!! My characters I want them to be bug-free!

Going to try that tips! Keep updated! You are great guys! yes

• Hey Richard I'm going to try what you said but where and how to multiply by the value of Toned Edna? In the MLP or Property Hierarchy?

edited October 2018

Right now I'm trying your tip. If I give a unique name to the corrective when I oad it in MLP a dial appear in Parameters tab, so I forced to move the dial to aactivate the JCM. Viceversa if I give the same name of the base JCM, MLP load the corective and is active when I bend the leg automatically.This is the name of the working JCM corrective "pJCMThighSide_85_L.OBJ", and this is the unique name of the JCM corrective that add a dial to activate the corrective "Leg correction left.OBJ". In thi case, after load the corrective via MLP (with unique name) I need to go in Propery Hierarchy and setting the JCM from there?

• OK, try this (using the Property Hierarchy, from memory):

1. Open the Property Hierarchy pane
    2. Put the Parameters pane in Edit mode (right-click menu)
    3. Right-click on the new corrective JCM and select Show in Property Hierarchy
    4. Find the bend on the bone in the parameters pane and drag it into the Property Hierarchy into the 1st Stage (Additive) group under attributes for your corrective
    5. Find the morph (Toned Edna) and drag that over to 2nd Stage (Multiplicative) under your corrective.
    6. Now exapnd the options under the rotation and you want set the scalar to 1/max angle - so if the corrective should be 100% at a bend of 85 you want 1/85 as the scalar.
    7. Make sure the ERC link is set to save with the corrective morph
  • Ahhh great! Reading Syrus Dante tips I read more less the same thing! So we arrived to the same conclusion! Well, Richard I follow the steps. Let you know. yes

• I think Richard brought it to the point. Its the essence of what I tried to explain far more complicated.

I suggest just turn around point 3 and 4 and it should work. The bend is the Controller the JCM is the SubComponent. Funny fakt in Poser they called the ERC links Master-Slave in modern DazStudio they disestablished slavery and called it Controller-SubComponent.

3. Find the "bend on the bone" (eg. ZRotate) in the Parameters pane, Right-click on the bend property and select Show in Property Hierarchy

4. Find the new corrective JCM for the bend in the Parameters pane and drag it into the Property Hierarchy into the 1st Stage (Add) group of the "bend on the bone"

That is the easy part, the thing that I never understood is what gets saved with what. So you save the ERC formulars within your Morph Assets and not with the figure properties (eg. the bend properties).

You can right click the SubComponents in the Property Hierarchy pane and choose to "Save With..." or something. To check that I usualy open the final Morph Asset DUF files with a text editor and look if the ERC formulars got written there.

• The thing with the Save With is to make sure it's putting the formula controlling the ERC with part of your "product". In this case that would be the corrective JCM, not the bend - the bend is part of the base figure so if the ERC saved with that it would be lost if the figure was updated, and could not be distributed to others if that's the ultimate goal. In the case of something like a piece of clothing it wouldn't actually matter which property the ERC saved with, snce everything would be shipped/updated together, though I think it feels safer to attach the ERC to the more limited end (the JCM) rather than the more general (the bend parameter).

edited October 2018

Yes Richard exactly that is the goal. I want my customers buy a product that no need other stuff to work. Anyway, theories aside,

Success guys! Following both the steps of Richard and Syrus Dante the JCM work perfectly. There's only a thing that I think need some fix, and probably I miss something, What I mean is in this video. Look at 0:13

In the ZRotate side side slider with Toned Edna FBM still activated, when bending down to 0, the leg keep the JCM active up to 1.54 then snap to zero JCM. Like you see in the video.

Solved this the JCM fix is complete! yes

• It depend in wich order I use the Property Hierarchy the snap to zero is reversed. For instance, or like in the video, almost to zero it snap, or it snap when the leg start to turn down. Anyway must to be solved. Maybe is a some scale manipulation or similar?

• The video is partially garbled.

• Did some tests yesterday I'm finaly have some ideas of what you will see in the next video, its not ready yet.

Good videos like official youtube tutorials needs some preperation. You need to test the things and try stuff before you actualy know what to show in the tutorial, do thinks in the right order and without making mistakes or experiment for ages before you see any solution. The way I record my videos dosn't allow me to edit and cut out mistakes it has to work with the first try. The only thing you can do is to pause the video recording and record a part after part. In worst case I can redo the last part. Next I've used a shareware software called MKV Joiner - MKV Merger - Join/Merge MKV files without re-encoding.

Boilsoft Video Joiner is a very powerful MKV Joiner and MKV Merger, Join MKV, Merge MKV without re-encode, So It is very fast and without any quality loss.

What is MKV?
    Matroska aims to become THE standard of multimedia container formats. It was derived from a project called MCF, but differentiates from it significantly because it is based on EBML (Extensible Binary Meta Language), a binary derivative of XML. EBML enables the Matroska Development Team to gain significant advantages in terms of future format extensibility, without breaking file support in old parsers. 

I would suggest you to use a Screen Capture Video Recorder like the free OBS - Open Broadcaster Studio I use.

It took me some time to understand how to configurate everything in this OBS recorder but finaly my videos look a bit more professional. Its important to update the video codecs on your mashine and you have choosen the right video compression settings for fast screen recordings without too much CPU usage.

[Qoute] From ZDG random Daz Studio discoveries and questions.

Screen Recording

You couldn't belive how long I struggled now with my screen recordings. I was searching for good free software to help me with that, now I've downloaded two screen recorders, a stopwatch and 8! "keystroke screen cast" freewares to at least show people what keys I'm pressing.

The Screen Recorder I use is Open Broadcaster Software Studio (OBS) https://obsproject.com/, first it didn't record my mouse cursor but showing the keystrokes was the biggest issue.

Blender has an addon for that called Screencast keys but its somehow outdated and it dosn't show everything. I mean I press R for rotate G for grab and S for scale that gets showen but then I press X-Y-Z to limit to one axis and that isn't displayed. Also Ctrl+click dosn't show up.

At least the simplest little freeware a compiled AHK app called ShowOff was one solution https://www.dcmembers.com/skrommel/download/showoff/.

Searching for more AHK scripts I found the best that works for me is KeypressOSD https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=225&hilit=keypessosd#p1856

Finaly I've understand how OBS works for recording diffrent sources like windows and screens. Now I wonder what video codec works the best tried MKV and FLV thought thats what youtube likes. Blender video editor dosn't work well with MKV and it takes ages to render the final video - I skip that.

edited October 2018

Richard video end when start the stripes! I will upload again, anyway video ending at 0.14 secs and the bug you can see at 0.13 secs.

edited October 2018

JCM corrective works amazing as I written in the previous post, bending leg ok, bending down leg ok, zero FBM ok, activate FBM ok. The only thing that make me crazy and I'm sure is really simple to solve is this : If the leg is zero the JCM corrective is zero. If the leg is 85, JCM corrective goes to 100 that is it maximum range, all this ok! Here's the strange artefact; when I bend the leg from range 0 to half of the dial the JCM remain on zero, from there to 85 the JCM snaps to 100. In few words JCM dial not running smooth!

edited October 2018

Anyway I asked to my friend promo artist to do the same try with Genesis 3 Female and Daz body morph Body Builder.

Well, same identical bug. Daz Studio need a fix! I send a ticket to Daz and they say that receate the same issue to fix it. Will see! Loool!

• Daz answer back about my inquiry to confirm that Daz Studio has fault to fix.

They say

Hi Max,

I spoke to our QA Team and this is a known issue that will not be updated at this time. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you,

Well, now I can go ahead with my characters and not think to fix a bug from them! Anyway a corrective will be in the next my productions for sale.

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983
    edited October 2018

Hi Max,

I saw this 'bug' too as I was trying my own instructions in the new video I was recording. I wasn't shure if I did something wrong or if I had to save the Morph Assets first, then reload the scene to have the ERCs and JCMs work correclty, but that was just my geuess. It seems the joint rotation (Left Thigh ZRotation Side-Side) dosn't control the JCM in a linear way how it should by the ERC[Add] link. Also I wondered why my Genesis 2 Female in the video had such strage compressions in the Calf and the back of the Thighs as I dialed the JCMs in. But that could also be caused by the fact that I linked both controllers the CTRL_ERC_BBHelper_All-ON and the CTRL_ERC_BBHelper_Thighs-ON DazStudio G2F BasicWear 02 BeautyBend.

At least in the lateset official release v4.10.0.123 I'm currently using. Maybe try this ERC-JCM with an older DazStudio version (Its good to have a backup of older installer ZIPs to compare functionality in different versions). Here is the ChageLog from the Documentation Center » Public » Software » Daz Studio » v4.x » 4.10.0.123 Change Log But I haven't found anything what could have been changed about ERCs in the latest release what could cause this issues.

Another thing you could try is use the ERC-Freeze instead the usual method dial the rotation and the JCM up with everything else at default on the figure. Then link the JCMs to the FBM as a controller in 2nd Stage > Controller > ERC[Multiply].

Finaly I would say the only workaround to have the JCMs and the ERCs working as you want is the ERC-Freeze option Keyed (Extract from Play Range)

by selecting this in the ERC-Freeze dialog you can save the porperty changes in the animation on the timline for the joint rotation and the JCM. With this its possible for example to fine tune the calf and the Thighs compression and let it start at a defined degree of joint rotation, I mean if the shin bend rotation is at an point where the calf actualy hits the thigh to start the compression. Well I will maybe try this next with the Better Bend for Genesis 2 next time I do recordings.

References:

Information on ERC Freeze feature

Linking a JCM with a rotation range

Enhanced Remote Control (ERC) - Documentation Center - Daz 3D

keyed sub-components

Rigging Window Blinds?

ERC-Freeze / Property Hierarchy / merge property Sub-Components

[Quote]: Triax Weightmapping pistons and other telescoping joints. Is it possible?

Syrus_Dante said:

Nice work, you made it. I see you already set limits on these x rotation and y translation properties.

While watching my old post I see I must have somehow missed to give the link to the Image series and the sceenshots I've talked about.

Sorry for that here they are: DS Rigging a Piston at imgbb.com

At Rigging_Piston_036.png you can see how I've created a new pose control property. Then I've posed the Figure_Piston and added that pose to the Ctrl_Piston_Up-Down property with ERC-Freeze.

With the footswitch of the ram figure you could also do some ERC-Freeze to have pose control properties for easy animating that can be accesed in the Parameters pane with the figure body node selected, instead of moving the bones around individualy.

But since this is a short secquence animation you may need about 4 keyframes on the timeline to rotate the footswitch down followed by the piston.

In ERC-Freeze there is an option called Keyed (Extract from Play Range) with this you can save a sequence of timeline frames to a property slider this can be useful sometimes.

Post edited by Syrus_Dante on
  • Thank you Syrus Dante. I read only now your post cause I'm busy to modeling clothes for my new products. I will try your instructions next FBM for Genesis 2 Females! yeswink