Daz Install Manager (DIM) 1.2.0.6, Now Available!

1234568»

Comments

• Apparently there was a glitch, which allowed the files to be downloaded from the product Library adn not through DIM. That's been fixed, and you really do need to install through DIM - if not you will - at least - have issues with plug-in installs.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,570

...have it now, but reading the information in the Daz Software forum on it has me a little apprehensive concerning Nvidia drivers and older GPU cards as well as what OS you have:

Windows 8/8.1 Users:

• Until a new driver that addresses the issue is released by NVIDIA (potentially early May), rendering with a GPU based on the Kepler microarchitecture is likely to fail and fall back to CPU: (cards with a code name that starts with GK#)

So what about those of use on W7 Pro? 

• kyoto kid said:

...have it now, but reading the information in the Daz Software forum on it has me a little apprehensive concerning Nvidia drivers and older GPU cards as well as what OS you have:

Windows 8/8.1 Users:

• Until a new driver that addresses the issue is released by NVIDIA (potentially early May), rendering with a GPU based on the Kepler microarchitecture is likely to fail and fall back to CPU: (cards with a code name that starts with GK#)

Do you have a Kepler card? I don't know if the issue is specific to Windows 8.x - it could well be - or if it affects 7 too, but Rob is usually extremely careful about the wording of these things.

• kyoto kid said:

Windows 8/8.1 Users:

Do you have a Kepler card? I don't know if the issue is specific to Windows 8.x - it could well be - or if it affects 7 too, but Rob is usually extremely careful about the wording of these things.

Yes, it's just Windows 8.x, Rob would have listed any other versions (or GPUs) affected.

• Hi, I had Daz 3D for a few days now I can't figure out how to make the page lighter its too dark I have no Issue with the model lighting just the whole work screen. also, How Do I redo the model I made I can't restore the model I made I had to uninstall 3 times  and install also I need to enlarge the fonts I have bad eyes 

• d32un3dd32un3d Posts: 22
    edited April 2019

I have had to re-install the Install Manager 1.2.0.6 now three times due to the update not recognizing my account credentials. Upon this 3rd re-install I can no longer login (at all). My information is still auto-saved correct, but after multiple attempts it still refuses to recognize my account information. I have even attempted to add a new account with my name, instead of the generic "account" name, but still nothing! What's the deal?

Install Manager Error.JPG
    624 x 349 - 36K
    Post edited by d32un3d on
  • d32un3d said:

I have had to re-install the Install Manager 1.2.0.6 now three times due to the update not recognizing my account credentials. Upon this 3rd re-install I can no longer login (at all). My information is still auto-saved correct, but after multiple attempts it still refuses to recognize my account information. I have even attempted to add a new account with my name, instead of the generic "account" name, but still nothing! What's the deal?

It's usually a server issue.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,570
    edited April 2019
    kyoto kid said:

Windows 8/8.1 Users:

Yes, it's just Windows 8.x, Rob would have listed any other versions (or GPUs) affected.

...so, with W7 Pro and Maxwell, there shouldn't be any potential issues. I just found it a bit confusing that 8.1 was mentioned which is newer than W7 which made me feel is W7 maybe no longer supported.  

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:

Windows 8/8.1 Users:

...so, with W7 Pro and Maxwell, there shouldn't be any potential issues. I just found it a bit confusing that 8.1 was mentioned which is newer than W7 which made me feel is W7 maybe no longer supported.  

Yes, that combination is unaffected. I would assume it's peculiarity of Windows 8 - perhaps a feature that changed from 7 to 8 to 10 and only he intermediate state is problematic.

• sbannermansbannerman Posts: 0
    d32un3d said:

I am having that same issue for about a month or a little bit more. No idea on how to fix and nothing showing in the forums as well on it.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,834
    d32un3d said:

I am having that same issue for about a month or a little bit more. No idea on how to fix and nothing showing in the forums as well on it.

Have ypu opened a Sales support ticket so that they can check your account configuration? https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702

Has DIM recently been updated or is my copy stupid?

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,901

It hasn't been updated since October 9, 2018 (1.2.0.6)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702

It hasn't been updated since October 9, 2018 (1.2.0.6)

For some unknown reason DIM keeps wanting to update instead of letting me log in.

Double-check the version you currently have installed. If it is the latest, just let it "update".

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited May 2019

I've managed to do a right good job of screwing myself; Specifically I've lost the dforce Starter Essentials in DIM.

By "lost," I mean the zip and dsx file are in the Downloads folder, but there is no manifest file and DIM does not see the dForce Starter Essentials in any of the tabs. I removed the files from the Downloads folder and restarted DIM. but the file still doesn't show up in downloads. (I've even tried a hard reboot.)

No joy!
    sad

Any ideas?

Post edited by L'Adair on
    L'Adair said:

I've managed to do a right good job of screwing myself; Specifically I've lost the dforce Starter Essentials in DIM.

By "lost," I mean the zip and dsx file are in the Downloads folder, but there is no manifest file and DIM does not see the dForce Starter Essentials in any of the tabs. I removed the files from the Downloads folder and restarted DIM. but the file still doesn't show up in downloads. (I've even tried a hard reboot.)

No joy!
    sad

Any ideas?

What do you mean, no manifest file? If both the zip and dsx files are present, then it should show up in DIM. If you removed both, then it should show up as an available download.

L'Adair said:

No joy!
    sad

Any ideas?

What do you mean, no manifest file? If both the zip and dsx files are present, then it should show up in DIM. If you removed both, then it should show up as an available download.

There is a separate folder specifically for Manifest files. (You'll find the path under the Installation tab of the DIM settings.) The Downloads folder has both a zip and a dsx file, which appears to be the file the Manifest file is derived from.

And, yes, if the zip and dsx file are present in the Downloads folder, the product should show up in DIM on either the Ready to Install or Installed tabs, depending on whether or not the product is installed. And if the files are not present in the Downloads folder, the product should show up on the Ready to Download tab. (I've even tried enabling Display Hidden…)

But it doesn't matter, the dForce Starter Essentials product is not showing up in DIM. That's why I'm ready to tear out my hair! lol

L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

No joy!
    sad

Any ideas?

There is a separate folder specifically for Manifest files. (You'll find the path under the Installation tab of the DIM settings.) The Downloads folder has both a zip and a dsx file, which appears to be the file the Manifest file is derived from.

And, yes, if the zip and dsx file are present in the Downloads folder, the product should show up in DIM on either the Ready to Install or Installed tabs, depending on whether or not the product is installed. And if the files are not present in the Downloads folder, the product should show up on the Ready to Download tab. (I've even tried enabling Display Hidden…)

But it doesn't matter, the dForce Starter Essentials product is not showing up in DIM. That's why I'm ready to tear out my hair! lol

I'm with you now. If the manifest file isn't there, then it isn't installed. I'd suggest that you remove the zip and corresponding dsx files in the Download folder, and download the dForce Starter Essentials zip manually from your DAZ store Product Library. Put that zip in your DIM downloads folder and start DIM. Be sure that DIM isn't running when you copy the zip to the Downloads folder.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,834
    L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

No joy!
    sad

Any ideas?

I'm with you now. If the manifest file isn't there, then it isn't installed. I'd suggest that you remove the zip and corresponding dsx files in the Download folder, and download the dForce Starter Essentials zip manually from your DAZ store Product Library. Put that zip in your DIM downloads folder and start DIM. Be sure that DIM isn't running when you copy the zip to the Downloads folder.

It may also be set to hidden, though that shouldn't affect the visibility of downlaoded files - still, if you remove the files as suggested and then look in ready to Download is it there? If not does checking Show Hidden help?

L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

No joy!
    sad

Any ideas?

That fixed it. Thanks!

• NorthOf45 said:

You do not have to download PostgreSQL or Daz Studio with DIM, you can get them directly from your Product Library on the DAZ site. Search for "PostgreSQL CMS" and "Daz Studio 4.x". Manually download the Mac versions and install them outside of DIM.

So, yes, one step at a time. DIM is installed, but that is only one part of the setup. DAZ Studio and Install Manager share information through the CMS database created and maintained by PostgreSQL, a separate program that must be installed to create the database in the first place. No need to migrate anything, that was for existing users to preserve their data when the database engine was changed from Valentina to PostgreSQL.

DIM appears to want to make a connection to the database before it can download anything. Not sure why it is looking for the old Valentina system. That might be the default for the version of DIM you have now. Presumably it will use PostgreSQLCMS once it is installed. Then you can hopefully update your version of DIM and proceed with your downloads.

This worked for me-

1. Logged onto the Daz3d site
    2. Went to my product library
    3. Did a manual download of the PostgreSQL product and installed it by running the exe file
    4. Restarted Daz Install Manager

-and it started working again.