Cartoons - how are you doing?

Comments

• EJWorksEJWorks Posts: 483

I used the Toon Boy and Girl for some fan art of characters from a Turkish drama I really like that came out in summer 2017, but I watched in December 2018 and January 2019.

These are of the lead characters: Asli and Baris

Asli 01.jpg
    1021 x 878 - 267K
    Baris 01.jpg
    1021 x 878 - 279K
    Episode 1 fireflies 02.jpg
    1510 x 878 - 845K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869

Nice, EJWorks.

Artini said:

Nice, EJWorks.

Thank you

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited June 2019

This one is a work in progress.  I'm using Clove's skin on him but it is black at seams/fingertips etc.  I'll need to figure out how to fix that, maybe in photoshop.  I used toon larry eyebrows, but blurred them for the picture as they were a bit harsh in the render.  I need to change the color if I'm sticking with this hair, and probably blur a bit more.

you could use this: https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-uv-swap-male-and-female-base

I have that!  I guess I need to learn how to use it. Thanks!

Go to the Surfaces Tab and select Skin Lips Nails then scroll down to where it says "UV Set" and use the drop down option to select "Base Female". 

Capture Change UVs.JPG
    417 x 253 - 28K
    Post edited by 3Diva on
  • ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,514

++++++++++             

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,699

I'm working on some fellas to fill the "guy" void.  A fatherly figure and a studly figure.

Popup01b.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 781K
    bokeh.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 556K
  • JoeQuick said:

I'm working on some fellas to fill the "guy" void.  A fatherly figure and a studly figure.

I am 100% here for both of them.

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,699
    JoeQuick said:

I haven't had a chance to test it out yet, but I recently did a "stylized" texture set for one of my outfits (with more baked in detail) in the hope that it would look good in visualstyle.   This is how it looks in Iray.  I'd be interested in your thoughts about lighting and shader setups in Iray for a toonier effect (or a product that does that for me).

softfill_stylized.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 309K
    Stylized_Base_Color.jpg
    800 x 800 - 454K
  • TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited June 2019
    JoeQuick said:
    JoeQuick said:

I haven't had a chance to test it out yet, but I recently did a "stylized" texture set for one of my outfits (with more baked in detail) in the hope that it would look good in visualstyle.   This is how it looks in Iray.  I'd be interested in your thoughts about lighting and shader setups in Iray for a toonier effect (or a product that does that for me).

Funny you should ask, as I have found myself using Iray a lot more nowadays now that i'm finally getting used to it. If you own 3DU's Paige, Pace, or Toon Generations for G8, they all come with light/render presets that are good for doing more toony renders in Iray (I own the bundles, so I can't say for sure if they're included with the base models).

As for shaders, I know nothing. :P When it comes to iray, I just use whatever presets I have available. There are a couple of stylised iray shader products on the store, but I don't own either of them (yet) so I can't give you any more info about them beyond what the store page says:

https://www.daz3d.com/sketchy-toon-edge-and-art-style-shaders-for-iray

https://www.daz3d.com/oso-toon-shader-for-iray

EDIT: Oh, forgot to say, the suit looks good. :D

EDIT 2: Ok, according to the store page, the lights/render settings are only included in the Paige and Pace mega bundle and the Toon Generations mega bundle.

Post edited by TheNathanParable on
  • JoeQuick said:

OMG! You keep knocking them out of the park! I can't wait to see these hit the store!!
  • Patrick TynerPatrick Tyner Posts: 640
    edited June 2019
    JoeQuick said:
    JoeQuick said:

Love this suit as well! It has a great future astronaut feel to it or maybe some mutant team suit!!
    Post edited by Patrick Tyner on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,156
    JoeQuick said:

wow joe,  those look great. Yes please more men laugh

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Those look fantastic @joequick  I'm always looking for more toony anythings for both the guys and the gals.  If you want detailed and very helpful comments, you might want to post the renders in these threads:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/228061/3d-comic-book-tips-and-pictures#latest

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/227541/more-non-photorealisitic-renders-npr-ii#latest

@divamakeup - as always, I'm very grateful for all your tips and "how tos" - you explain very well and with pics to boot!  

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Those look fantastic @joequick  I'm always looking for more toony anythings for both the guys and the gals.  If you want detailed and very helpful comments, you might want to post the renders in these threads:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/228061/3d-comic-book-tips-and-pictures#latest

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/227541/more-non-photorealisitic-renders-npr-ii#latest

@divamakeup - as always, I'm very grateful for all your tips and "how tos" - you explain very well and with pics to boot!  

You're welcome. The very knowledgeable and helpful forumites have been a huge help to me with learning this "crazy 3d stuffs" lol so I'm always trying to "pass it forward" and help out if I can. Without people going out of their way to explain things to me I never would have been able to learn enough to become a PA, so helping others when I can is the least I can do. :)

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,514
    ArtAngel said:

++++++++++             

Sorry guys was on page two of reading this topic when my full coffee mug and a glass of water hit the keyboard and flooded the desk. Somewhere in the clean up/ removal of the keyboard of the mouse desk etc.the above post happened. Probably when is was carrying the keyboard to the sink. 

@JoeQuick love your work. Great looking Dad.

Looking great, JoeQuick. Will wait for them patiently.

I was really excited to see Toon Dad out already, didn't want to wait to pick him up and start rendering. I already had some of your other items, but was also able to pick up Mr. Turtle

Toon Dad shrug.jpg
    444 x 444 - 69K
    Toon Dad overwhelmed .jpg
    1371 x 878 - 493K
  • TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited June 2019

Yup, Toon Dad was an instant purchase for me too:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/808466/

In his younger years, Toon Dad was a bit of a rebel.

Post edited by TheNathanParable on

JoeQuick made it again - what a great character package.

Excellent images, EJWorks and TheNathanParable.

Yup, Toon Dad was an instant purchase for me too:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/808466/

In his younger years, Toon Dad was a bit of a rebel.

Awesome. :)

Artini said:

JoeQuick made it again - what a great character package.

JoeQuick is my hero, I love his work.

Artini said:

Excellent images, EJWorks

Thank you! :) I'm having some fun with the Toon Dad dealing with kids by himself concept right now. Hoping to have some more renders completed soon.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,990
    edited June 2019

Just wanted to say, if you are interested in some "live interaction" with fellow artists and share your art and experience... The DA visual narrative workshop takes place on 15th.  https://digitalartlive.com/event/visual-narratives-workshop-share-and-promote-your-artwork-and-techniques-5/

Registration is free.

Post edited by BeeMKay on

Meet the Nelsons

credits in  # Gallery

love joes quicks toons dad. but anything toons i'm pretty weak.

Looks fantastic, Ivy.

Thank you Artini. now that I have a cute toon family  time to look for a storyline to animate these guys :)

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

great little toon family @ivy

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,791

I can't wait for the "Toon Stud"!

Thank you Worlds_Edgesmiley

edited June 2019
    ToonGirl04efg02sc04cam6.jpg
    820 x 1200 - 141K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited June 2019

Another amazing character made by JoeQuick.

ToonHero02pic04.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 216K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,084

JoeQuick - add my gushing to the rest of the gushing over your characters.  Incredibly inspiring, as in, you wouldn’t believe how much time and effort I spend trying to be that unique and creative. Alas, your hard work generates infinitely better results than mine (thus far - smiley face).  Amazing.

Ivy - I think you know I am a long time admirer of your animations.  Can’t wait to see what you do with your toon family. Very promising.

theNathanParable - does young toon Dad, aka the rebel, have a cause?  Great interpretation.  Really made him yours.

Artini -  I thought the last one was a bit cheesy (ugh, bad Dad joke, couldn’t resist, sorry).  Thanks for all the great renders and character concepts.  Really cool.

Sorry if I’ve missed anyone.  Love this thread.