Time for sharing, what I have no idea!

1282930313234»

Comments

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 469

Thanks.  Had asked question about water & pleasantly surprised when PA himself replied.  He suggested using SSS to change H2O opacity.  

I didn’t have much luck though.  

SSS Amount: .0010

(Refract Color for greenish tint: .12 | .22 | .16)

Had to ‘cop-out’ with cutout opacity
    Cutout opacity: 1 | (opaque looking water)
    Cutout Opacity at .9990 | clear & looks like water with food color in it. : /

If have the time, happen to know some start values that might help?  

Trying for murky water where can still see fish & water plants if that helps.

Thanks for reading

--Bruce

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,327

Hey Bruce

https://www.deviantart.com/itiseyemeeszark/art/Iray-Green-Water-Shaders-781922140 two water shaders (using the DS/Iray Metal/Rough shader). One will be the water I did for Fern Lake and the second the Turtles scene which is much greener and murky.

But since Iray is photoreal you would have to get the camera angle right to see beneath the surface.

Hope that helps

Thanks very much for sharing those.  Saves me having to reinvent the wheel.   ;)

Oh, and helpful to remind me of camera angle.  Doh!  O_o

Thanks again

--Bruce

my pleasure Bruce

edited January 22

to adjust the Depth of the SSS colour use the Scattering Measurement Distance setting but oif you go past 50.00 you will need to increase the Transmitted Measurement Distance

Oh and I forgot the Green shader is and older set up where I used Top Coat instead of the main gloss channel (I should have checked before posting them, the Greener shader is how I set up shader now.

Tiling is set up for Fern Lake normal mapping

Post edited by Szark on
    Szark said:

to adjust the Depth of the SSS colour use the Scattering Measurement Distance setting but oif you go past 50.00 you will need to increase the Transmitted Measurement Distance

Thanks.  Wasn’t familiar with settings under volume so that really helped.  Entered some very high values.  Maybe still not doing it correctly, but have a starting point now.

Don’t know if said this before, but when I search old topics, seems like 4-5 names always in the discussion.  You’re one of them!  You've probably forgotten all about comparing notes from 2015 or whenever, but those topics are invaluable to some of us rookies!

Thanks again & best wishes

-Bruce

LOL not so much these days, too busy but yeah I posted a lot back then.