31st Daz3D Bryce Render challenge ~~~ Beyond the Horizon ~~~

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,940

Drachenlords - thanks, another superb entry from you.

Horo - nice concept, beautiful render

Hansmar - the Alien Horizon is an nice idea, I like it

Jay - thanks

FirePhoenix - thank you, awesome romantic scene

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,740

Thanks for your nice comments, friends!

• Thanks for your nice Comments. smiley

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,056

adbc - thank you.

mermaid - thank you.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

ed3d, adbc, Firephoenix,thank you for your comments...
    @drachenlords... To the black hole horizon is a wonderful image... that black hole really has a strong "pull"  Great... Beyond the Horizon is Fabulous... love the multiple dimensions...
    @mermaid010... Look into the Future... very nice image.. great sun rays...
    @horo... Tele View... a great image
    @hansmar... Alien Horizon a fun and interesting image...
    @firephoenix... Romantic view over the sea... beautiful image...love the sun's glow..

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398
    edited August 2018

My First Entry

Horizontal Illusion

horizontal illusion.jpg
    1209 x 680 - 512K
    Post edited by Chohole on

S Ray: lovely render!

Thanks Mtnmen

SRay - beautiful entry

• HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

@ S Ray: nice dreamscape

S Ray - excellent Horizon Illusion.

REACHING THE HORIZON
    In these times, when the earth was still flat, travelling beyond the horizon was quite dangerous.
    Credits: Pauli, Predatron, Colin Swift...

shiphor.jpg
    1305 x 870 - 370K

Henryhor - good idea and very nicely done.

Henryhor - wow awesome idea and render

@sray... Horizontial Illusion is awesome... really great image
    @henryhor... Reaching the Horizon .. Great image and love the World History...
    Here is my First entry...  Inspired by M.C.
     a redo from my original submission... At the suggestion of Jamahoney... I gave it a bit more 3D-ishness by raising the sphere to show more fingers and beyond...

mtnmen - definitely improved. Great job.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited August 2018

S Ray...super - positioning of the moon/planet is perfect.

That's cool, Henryhor...the waterfall effect looks incredible.

Mtnmen...the previous one was great, but the update is defintely more effective. Your work has brought to light, personally: was he eventually right-handed?

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • @ S Ray: Horizontal Illusion is simply wonderfull. Great work.

@ Henryhor: Reaching the Horizon is a great idea and well done.Almost a bit like a picture from the Discworld.

@ mtnmen: The first entry was great, but you have actually got a bit more out of it. Very good work.

Great render and wonderful idea Henryhor! Maybe a small suggestion. The people on the boat should be in panic by now. Perhaps add some that are diving off the boat (to try to save themselves), or even (more difficult to do, of course) have some people lower a life boat. But even without all that, this is great. Specifically the waterfall is spectacularly well done!

Mtnmen: indeed a good improvement. I really like the detailed 'toys' on the desk (that were there in the first render already, but I did not notice, :)) that increase the level of science in the render (with the maps, of course). You might consider changing the floor texture on the plane that you use now for a real wooden floor: just a number of cubes with wooden textures laying next to each other. I think the wooden wall is wonderful, specifically at the right side and the floor does not have that level of sophistication. Why is the wall on the left side so much less realistic, by the way?

I apologise if people think I am too critical. I just make remarks about what I see that might make the renders even better, hope nobody is offended by that.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    mtnmen said:

@sray... Horizontial Illusion is awesome... really great image
    @henryhor... Reaching the Horizon .. Great image and love the World History...
    Here is my First entry...  Inspired by M.C.
     a redo from my original submission... At the suggestion of Jamahoney... I gave it a bit more 3D-ishness by raising the sphere to show more fingers and beyond...

Am I the only one who sees a fire fox in the fire?

Ha! I haven't noticed before but it does indeed look like one.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited August 2018

Hansmar...I too am sensitive to making critical remarks: they really aren't criticisms of fellow member works, but really simple suggestions - without predudice.

I've been so wrong myself in works, that I hope others would suggest/correct to produce better - so don't be shy...you critics (might I add 'kind' to sway your comments...hehee cheeky).

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on

@ mtnmen: nicely improved. And thanks

@ mermaid010, Jamahoney  & Horo: thanks for your kind comments

@ drachenlords: thanks. Have somewhere the DAZ Galapagos Tortoise. Maybe I should add her below the waterfall smiley

@ Hansmar: thanks. Suggestions are always welcome. The people are rather afraid (see closeup). Also thought of a diving sailor. But besides the fact it would be useless (and I'm not sure seamen could swim) I was afraid it would look too cartoonish.

@ Chohole: there's indeed a fox head in the fire

panic.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 168K

@chohole... You're amazing... seeing a fox in the fire... I think I remember you saw somethng in a flame on a render before... You have an eye for fire beasts...

Thanks to all for the great comments on this particular rendition...

Now... Hansmar... You have an eye as well... I think there could be some improvement on the fireplace wall and the floor... I think I'll take this back into "studio" and try to improve those things... Not sure exactly why the fireplace wall and the other wall seem so different in that they are the same OBJ... I will try using an additional "cube" to texture and apply to that  wall... and find a good wood texture for the floor that is more in kind with the rest of the image...  Thank you for your critical comments... always welcome.

Steve

@henryhor... Panic... great image... and I do see the fear in their expressions... What horrors lie at the Horizon?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    mtnmen said:

@chohole... You're amazing... seeing a fox in the fire... I think I remember you saw somethng in a flame on a render before... You have an eye for fire beasts...

Thanks to all for the great comments on this particular rendition...

Now... Hansmar... You have an eye as well... I think there could be some improvement on the fireplace wall and the floor... I think I'll take this back into "studio" and try to improve those things... Not sure exactly why the fireplace wall and the other wall seem so different in that they are the same OBJ... I will try using an additional "cube" to texture and apply to that  wall... and find a good wood texture for the floor that is more in kind with the rest of the image...  Thank you for your critical comments... always welcome.

Steve

I see figures in the clouds in the sky as well.  Both in renders and in real clouds.

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

Thanks for all the comments 
    Henryhor - I like the historical interpretation. That waterfall is awesome.
    mtnmen- Sweet I lov Escher art, he's one of my fav. Great work. Have you seen any of Horo's MC renders? They're really impressive.

edited August 2018

Henryhor: Yep, I see the fear in their faces! I did not notice that before, sorry.

mtnmen: You're welcome. Hope to see an even better version soon.

My second entry: "What's that, behind the horizon?" Started with a terrain I used earlier, but modified it (and the grassy trees). Put some more trees in and lots of cows. Added something behind (or just above) the horizon. Falling star?

what is that behind the horizon.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Great idea, Hansmar, and very nicely done.

Hansmar- beautiful countryside scene, cool idea.

@ S Ray: thanks. Not sure it's historical. The belief in a flat earth during the Middle Ages is probably a legend.

@ Hansmar: glad this UFO crashed. So these cows will NOT be abducted. Well done.

No need to be sorry: it was impossible to notice the fear in their faces in that small pic. And since Bryce doesn't have sound it was also impossible to hear them smiley