suggestions for Genesis 9

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

add 2 more shading domains:
inner nostril
nipples

add few more bones:
throat for swallow reflex
2 for glutes (similar to pectoral bones)

mesh/joints:
put invisiblity toggle on individual toes
fix the female's toenail beds (borrow polys from the male?)

rigging:
offer an alternative triax version preset

smileyadd an easy way to save support morphs in clothes and hair

and whats the hold up on face rigged dragon 4, horse 3?

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

and mesh eyelashes

and re uvmap to rid that deep v on their back

cheers

• I want better hands. Up close, the knuckles in particular look really bad.

• MardookMardook Posts: 291
    edited August 2018

Just re-do genesis 1 again, since it is been widely discussed that the male figures just don't sell all that well anyway. 

May as well just put out a single figure again with male and female options, no point in making us buy a male or female figure if the options and support of individual figures are disporpotionately one sided.

Post edited by Mardook on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760

Don't release it until 2022. 

• Make it so awesome that I'll want to buy it aas soon as it comes out in 2019.

Make me want to buy the heck out of it.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Hands really need work.

The palm inself can't curve. The thumb isn't as mobile as it should be by default the fingers have lots of gap in between them. there is no way to make the knuckles bonier short of third party morphs.

I'd also like to see improved neck movement. and pose control. And pose control to move the shoulders simultaneously, and also to balance with the hip to make natural contrapasso movement.

• miketeemiketee Posts: 58

Hands really need work.

The palm inself can't curve. The thumb isn't as mobile as it should be by default the fingers have lots of gap in between them. there is no way to make the knuckles bonier short of third party morphs.

I'd also like to see improved neck movement. and pose control. And pose control to move the shoulders simultaneously, and also to balance with the hip to make natural contrapasso movement.

Yes to all this...ANNNDDDD.....

Improved feet. Bring back the heel bone (it's one of the best things about G3F), and continue to work on smooth bending of the toes (at the base of the toes), especially in tip toe or high heel poses! A more natural fit between the foot and high heeled shoes, especially around the arch and ball of foot.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,812

Whispers, Carrara compatibly 

return to torso surfaces separate from neck and head, limbs separate from hands and feet, so you can add a textured second skin under all the skimpwear.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    Mardook said:

Just re-do genesis 1 again, since it is been widely discussed that the male figures just don't sell all that well anyway. 

May as well just put out a single figure again with male and female options, no point in making us buy a male or female figure if the options and support of individual figures are disporpotionately one sided.

Please no. I don't want to be fixing male breasts again. 

• MardookMardook Posts: 291

I hadn't thought of that... but would there be a way round it this time around. A solution built in before such a figure would be created? Not that that is the direction Daz is going... I'm just wondering if there would be a better solution than two figures.

Mardook said:

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Well the dynamic hair & clothing seems a given built into DS 4.11 I guess so I'd like to see jiggling blubber, plastic emotional faces, really flexing muscles, and ability to compress and stretch skin, muscles when say pinched or pressed against but then that is really high speed though. 

• kwanniekwannie Posts: 865

Please!!!!!!!!

Do something about sharing poses and animation from older generations. Something has to keep the hip and feet from floating or sliding all over the place using an animation from earlier characters. True FBX support so that bones and animations could be brought in from other apps.

• RobotHeadArtRobotHeadArt Posts: 911
    edited August 2018

Well the dynamic hair & clothing seems a given built into DS 4.11 I guess so I'd like to see jiggling blubber, plastic emotional faces, really flexing muscles, and ability to compress and stretch skin, muscles when say pinched or pressed against but then that is really high speed though. 

It would be nice to see FEM simulations for volume conserving of muscles and correct bending.

https://vimeo.com/264161441

Post edited by RobotHeadArt on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    I'd like to see the stock character faces that used to come with the M4 & V4 morphs make a comeback. They added a lot of variety.
  • wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764
    kwannie said:

Please!!!!!!!!

Do something about sharing poses and animation from older generations. Something has to keep the hip and feet from floating or sliding all over the place using an animation from earlier characters. True FBX support so that bones and animations could be brought in from other apps.

You are describing Daz studio features not specifically genesis 9 Features.

I dont understand why people want to bring in FBX character from other apps what would they give you in DS that you cannot already do  natively in DS with Genesis?

I guess so I'd like to see jiggling blubber

Are you sure about that???angry

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    Mardook said:

I hadn't thought of that... but would there be a way round it this time around. A solution built in before such a figure would be created? Not that that is the direction Daz is going... I'm just wondering if there would be a better solution than two figures.

Mardook said:

The reason for splitting them was because it was difficult to make something distinctly male or female from exact mesh, which is why Genesis 3 and 8 have different poly counts with the poly placed in different areas for males and female. You combine them and you're back to original situation... and the female characters didn't sell as well as they do now because of that, so I don't think they'll go back to that situation.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Splitting them also allowed them to have weight mapping that worked better for their shape and gender.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited August 2018

I agree the torso surface option would be useful.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,800

Next on top of my Gen9 wishlist: Maybe sounds to much of wishful thinking. I'd like to see some rigging technology included, that comes with less JCMs but still better joint bending results. I have seen some advanced solutions yet and hoping something will make it into a next figure.

Less superhero/supermodel proportions. Less stylised Body shape wiith the base Genesis 9 figure. Go for more average people, please. Superheroes are good for a character set, but not as a base set.

Beside that, I don't have much to wish for now. Genesis 8 works nice for me. Looking foreward to some nice surprises :-)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    miketee said:

Hands really need work.

Improved feet. Bring back the heel bone (it's one of the best things about G3F), and continue to work on smooth bending of the toes (at the base of the toes), especially in tip toe or high heel poses! A more natural fit between the foot and high heeled shoes, especially around the arch and ball of foot.

But PLEASE leave in the toe bones so individual posing can happen.  I REALLY love that about Generation 8.  I loved that about Apollo Maximus and it's finally done for the current generation of Genesis.  There are SO many niggles I have with trying to pose this figure but it's an improvement over the Gen 3 and Dusk and Dawn so it's all good!  

• MaraunMaraun Posts: 10

Better flexing muscles and moooooooooore polygons, i create my own morphs and i can't create details with this polygons density, only PA's have the tools for some reason...

• Extra surfaces for feet, hands, back, breasts. Kinda like V4
    • Make it more bendable without the mesh exploding in weird ways
    • Have clones for all previous generations including V4
    • Have a breast helper and poke trough helper without having to buy those things extra

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,319
    edited August 2018
    miketee said:

YES!!!

A separate material zone for the nipples would be nice. AND more morphs for the G9F/M Body Morphs, please. Since Genesis 2, the Body Morph packs have been reduced continually.

All this not before 2010, if possible.

Post edited by caravelle on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited August 2018
    caravelle said:
    miketee said:

YES!!!

A separate material zone for the nipples would be nice. AND more morphs for the G9F/M Body Morphs, please. Since Genesis 2, the Body Morph packs have been reduced continually.

And an (HD, presumably) morph for relaxed nipples.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • If they ever do a Gen9 dog;

Please have separate texture maps for mouth+teeth and pawpads. Or maybe use the human texture maps, as with the eyes in Dog8.

Or just, not have everything on a single map.

RAMWolff said:
    miketee said:

Hands really need work.

But PLEASE leave in the toe bones so individual posing can happen.  I REALLY love that about Generation 8.  I loved that about Apollo Maximus and it's finally done for the current generation of Genesis.  There are SO many niggles I have with trying to pose this figure but it's an improvement over the Gen 3 and Dusk and Dawn so it's all good!  

Yes, agree. Individual toe bones. But I thought G3F had that too!

• Extra surfaces for feet, hands, back, breasts. Kinda like V4
    • Make it more bendable without the mesh exploding in weird ways
    • Have clones for all previous generations including V4
    • Have a breast helper and poke trough helper without having to buy those things extra

Yes! Creating a separate surface for the feet would let you hide them in one shot (using surfaces) instead of having to hide individual parts.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Dear Daz figure creators

For Genesis 9 Female, please fix the toenail beds. extra especially 1st, 3rd, 5th toes on left foot,

and please would be really nice to toggle her individual toes and toes_2s invisible

thank youyes

• Merged the toenail suggestion with your existing thread (though if you want o address Daz you need to do so diectly, via a Support ticket, not by posting in the forum).

• caravelle said:
    miketee said:

There are very few things I am willing to commit to, but I am personally willing to state that we will not release any generation 9 figures before Friday January 1st, 2010.