[Released] Clothing Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• barbult said:
    barbult said:
    You could update the script to prompt the user for a non-Connect library to save data in, and then remember the location so the user only has to enter it once. V3DigiTimes does this in the Scene Optimizer. It works fine when installed with Daz Connect. Forcing a user to only install with DIM seems restrictive.

I am not sure if this is true.  A ton of my products save to this location, and I rarely hear about errors so it could be something else.  

I have several of your products (but none of the clothing converters), and I have installed them with Daz Connect. I have not seen any error messages popping up from them. So, maybe you are right about something else going on. One difference about Daz Connect installation is that each product will have a its own copy of your "common" folder, so it isn't really common. Do the billboards, Expression Mixer, look At Me Pose Control, Pose Blender, Bone Doctor Pose Control, or Pose Randomizer store information in that data folder you mentioned? I'm wondering if they are supposed to be storing some settings that they are not storing for me because I installed them with Daz Connect.

Those products do NOT store anything in Data/RiverSoft so you are good smiley

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    barbult said:
    barbult said:
    You could update the script to prompt the user for a non-Connect library to save data in, and then remember the location so the user only has to enter it once. V3DigiTimes does this in the Scene Optimizer. It works fine when installed with Daz Connect. Forcing a user to only install with DIM seems restrictive.

I am not sure if this is true.  A ton of my products save to this location, and I rarely hear about errors so it could be something else.  

I have several of your products (but none of the clothing converters), and I have installed them with Daz Connect. I have not seen any error messages popping up from them. So, maybe you are right about something else going on. One difference about Daz Connect installation is that each product will have a its own copy of your "common" folder, so it isn't really common. Do the billboards, Expression Mixer, look At Me Pose Control, Pose Blender, Bone Doctor Pose Control, or Pose Randomizer store information in that data folder you mentioned? I'm wondering if they are supposed to be storing some settings that they are not storing for me because I installed them with Daz Connect.

Those products do NOT store anything in Data/RiverSoft so you are good smiley

Thanks for the super quick reply!

• Hi,

I have solved my problem, here's what I did and it is drastic!

I searched my mac for items called 'clothing converter'. 3 copies of the folders turned up. The one hidden in DAZ connect was not showing any icons for any of the items in that folder. The one in My DAZ 3D library was showing the icons, BUT I had deinstalled it?? So I selected everything and trashed it all.

I then started to realize that I don't use the DAZ connect library so I deleted that as well. AND got back 160gig of disc space. Then I selected the 'work offline' option so that I don't reconnect.

I then did the content DB maintenence to clean everything up, and that only took 30 seconds and my DAZ library was back up and running.

I reinstalled your product through DIM and it is all working.

Thanks for all of your efforts I appreciated you following this up.

John

• John Cox said:

Hi,

I have solved my problem, here's what I did and it is drastic!

I searched my mac for items called 'clothing converter'. 3 copies of the folders turned up. The one hidden in DAZ connect was not showing any icons for any of the items in that folder. The one in My DAZ 3D library was showing the icons, BUT I had deinstalled it?? So I selected everything and trashed it all.

I then started to realize that I don't use the DAZ connect library so I deleted that as well. AND got back 160gig of disc space. Then I selected the 'work offline' option so that I don't reconnect.

I then did the content DB maintenence to clean everything up, and that only took 30 seconds and my DAZ library was back up and running.

I reinstalled your product through DIM and it is all working.

Thanks for all of your efforts I appreciated you following this up.

John

Yowch!  Sorry for the inconvenience.

• The vast majority of clothing assets I have seem to be wearables.

So, if this converter doesn't work on wearables - it would be pretty much useless to me..?

• DrGonzo62 said:

The vast majority of clothing assets I have seem to be wearables.

So, if this converter doesn't work on wearables - it would be pretty much useless to me..?

Usually, the vast majority of clothing is not wearables.  The wearable part is usually the whole outfit, but the individual parts are converted.

• DrGonzo62 said:

Usually, the vast majority of clothing is not wearables.  The wearable part is usually the whole outfit, but the individual parts are converted.

I looked at a couple of clothing assets and wasn't able to find a garment that isn't listed as type "wearable"
    Is DS misreporting this?

DAZ.jpg
    824 x 895 - 147K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    DrGonzo62 said:
    DrGonzo62 said:

I looked at a couple of clothing assets and wasn't able to find a garment that isn't listed as type "wearable"
    Is DS misreporting this?

"Wardrobe" is not the same as "Wearable".

• DrGonzo62 said:
    DrGonzo62 said:

Is DS misreporting this?

Wardrobe is fine.  Wearable is not.

• DrGonzo62DrGonzo62 Posts: 221
    edited December 2018
    barbult said:
    DrGonzo62 said:
    DrGonzo62 said:

Is DS misreporting this?

It's a type wearable, is it not?

I'll just stick with the build-in clothing convertion. Seems to work well enough for me.
    And it's free :)

DAZ.jpg
    1344 x 895 - 142K
    Post edited by DrGonzo62 on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,369
    edited December 2018
    DrGonzo62 said:
    barbult said:
    DrGonzo62 said:
    DrGonzo62 said:

Is DS misreporting this?

If you notice the green label, those that say Wardrobe will be converted.   You are right though, it does look like the Casual Summer Shorts, which has a Wardrobe below it, may also have a wearable.  That would not be converted.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • mats76mats76 Posts: 289

Hi I just noticed that no materials show up under the material tab in smart content for any of my converted items. I compared a original item with a converted item and the compability base matches so I can't figure out what is wrong. 

• mats76 said:

Hi I just noticed that no materials show up under the material tab in smart content for any of my converted items. I compared a original item with a converted item and the compability base matches so I can't figure out what is wrong. 

Huh.  That should be automatic as DS does it. This is true for all items?  Like which ones (I may have them and can test)?

mats76 said:

Huh.  That should be automatic as DS does it. This is true for all items?  Like which ones (I may have them and can test)?

Thank you for your fast reply.

It seems to be the same issue for all converted items (over a hundred products), but I just now tried reselect the same compability base on one item and then it worked. So my guess is that something happend with my Daz studio after I converted all the clothes and I need to reconvert everything again. Now I have something to do for the next few hours smiley 

• mats76 said:
    mats76 said:

It seems to be the same issue for all converted items (over a hundred products), but I just now tried reselect the same compability base on one item and then it worked. So my guess is that something happend with my Daz studio after I converted all the clothes and I need to reconvert everything again. Now I have something to do for the next few hours smiley 

Whoops!  Are you sure you have to reconvert?  Have you checked the other items?

edited January 2019
    mats76 said:
    mats76 said:

Unfortunatly it seems to be every object (around 130 products containing 600-800 objects). The only valid reason for this to be happening that I can think of is that I must have reimported the user database sometime after I converted all the clothes, and that this have brooken the connection between the clothes and the compability base.

I am solving it right now by opening up every object with scen indetification and then pressing ok witch solve it, but it is a slow and boring process to do 600-800 times but it works.

If the reimported user database is reason then it could be a good advice for everyone to export user data (content DB maintenence) after a big clothes conversion. 

The good news is: Lesson learned smiley

Post edited by mats76 on
  • mats76 said:
    mats76 said:
    mats76 said:

Unfortunatly it seems to be every object (around 130 products containing 600-800 objects). The only valid reason for this to be happening that I can think of is that I must have reimported the user database sometime after I converted all the clothes, and that this have brooken the connection between the clothes and the compability base.

I am solving it right now by opening up every object with scen indetification and then pressing ok witch solve it, but it is a slow and boring process to do 600-800 times but it works.

If the reimported user database is reason then it could be a good advice for everyone to export user data (content DB maintenence) after a big cloth convertion. 

Yikes!  Sorry about that. sad

mats76 said:
    mats76 said:
    mats76 said:

If the reimported user database is reason then it could be a good advice for everyone to export user data (content DB maintenence) after a big cloth convertion. 

Yikes!  Sorry about that. sad

Thanks, at least it was my own fault and now I know how to avoid it againsmiley

• I keep looking every few hours for a mention\news on V4 to ......... devil

LOL. laugh  The best place for hints and teasers of what's coming up from me is my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RiverSoftArt/

Announcements here don't happen until stuff are through testing and ready to release.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760

Actually, when you have the time, what would be really nice right now is a set of MIl Horse to Horse 2 to HIvewire Horse convertors. :)   

• Cybersox said:

Actually, when you have the time, what would be really nice right now is a set of MIl Horse to Horse 2 to HIvewire Horse convertors. :)   

LMAO!!!

LOL. laugh  The best place for hints and teasers of what's coming up from me is my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RiverSoftArt/

Announcements here don't happen until stuff are through testing and ready to release.

wow, wow, wow

excellent news!!!

• Cybersox said:

LMAO!!!

LOL.  Uh, no.

• GiGi_7 said:

I keep looking every few hours for a mention\news on V4 to ......... devil

wow, wow, wow

excellent news!!!

smiley

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    Cybersox said:

LMAO!!!

LOL.  Uh, no.

crying

• After the January 17 update was installed, this doesn't work anymore for me.

Log file:

2019-01-21 10:41:46.500 Loading script: C:/Users/Jon Doud/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Clothing Converter/Clothing Converter G3F to G8F.dse

2019-01-21 10:41:46.511 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Jon Doud/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConstants.dsa

2019-01-21 10:41:46.520 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Jon Doud/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSCCConstants.dsa

2019-01-21 10:41:46.528 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Jon Doud/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSBuildPanels.dsa

2019-01-21 10:41:46.537 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Jon Doud/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHelperFunctions.dse

2019-01-21 10:41:46.548 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Jon Doud/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSAssemblyLineFunctions.dse

2019-01-21 10:41:46.558 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Jon Doud/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConversionFunctions.dse

2019-01-21 10:41:46.565 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Jon Doud/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSClothingConversionFunctions.dse

2019-01-21 10:41:46.603 WARNING: Script Error: Line 257

2019-01-21 10:41:46.603 WARNING: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: LoadStringArrayFromSettings

2019-01-21 10:41:46.607 WARNING: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@C:/Users/Jon Doud/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Clothing Converter/Clothing Converter G3F to G8F.dse:257

2019-01-21 10:41:46.608 Error in script execution: C:/Users/Jon Doud/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Clothing Converter/Clothing Converter G3F to G8F.dse

---------------------------

By the way, this error occurs for G2F->G8F, G3F->G8F, G2M->G8M, and G3M->G8M clothing converter scripts.  My Genesis->G8F and Genesis->G8M scripts load fine.

• itinerant said:

After the January 17 update was installed, this doesn't work anymore for me.

Log file:

2019-01-21 10:41:46.500 Loading script: C:/Users/Jon Doud/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Clothing Converter/Clothing Converter G3F to G8F.dse

2019-01-21 10:41:46.511 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Jon Doud/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConstants.dsa

2019-01-21 10:41:46.520 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Jon Doud/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSCCConstants.dsa

2019-01-21 10:41:46.528 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Jon Doud/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSBuildPanels.dsa

2019-01-21 10:41:46.537 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Jon Doud/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSHelperFunctions.dse

2019-01-21 10:41:46.548 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Jon Doud/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSAssemblyLineFunctions.dse

2019-01-21 10:41:46.558 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Jon Doud/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConversionFunctions.dse

2019-01-21 10:41:46.565 DEBUG: Found: C:/Users/Jon Doud/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSClothingConversionFunctions.dse

2019-01-21 10:41:46.603 WARNING: Script Error: Line 257

2019-01-21 10:41:46.603 WARNING: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: LoadStringArrayFromSettings

2019-01-21 10:41:46.607 WARNING: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@C:/Users/Jon Doud/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Clothing Converter/Clothing Converter G3F to G8F.dse:257

2019-01-21 10:41:46.608 Error in script execution: C:/Users/Jon Doud/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/Content/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Clothing Converter/Clothing Converter G3F to G8F.dse

---------------------------

By the way, this error occurs for G2F->G8F, G3F->G8F, G2M->G8M, and G3M->G8M clothing converter scripts.  My Genesis->G8F and Genesis->G8M scripts load fine.

I don't know what is going on.  The LoadStringArrayFromSettings is in the RSClothingConversionFunctions.dse.  I am wondering if the RSClothingConversionFunctions.dse may have been compiled with another version of Daz?  Please PM me with your email address.  I will send you a recompiled version and see if that fixes your issues.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited January 2019

I tried to convert the shoes from Abigail outfit, I tried all 3 methods and using the foot dialogue seemed to work the best but I did have to add a smoothing modifier and set the collision to G8F as the sole of the foot came right through the sole of the shoe.  Adding a smoothing modifier helped but now the seams of the shoe seem to be coming apart ( see attached image), is this an issue with the way I converted it or is this an issue with the modelling of the shoe itself?  If anyone has converted these shoes can you tell the steps you followed to convert ?

abigail shoes converted.jpg
    1200 x 1007 - 159K
    Post edited by Kharma on
  • Kharma said:

I tried to convert the shoes from Abigail outfit, I tried all 3 methods and using the foot dialogue seemed to work the best but I did have to add a smoothing modifier and set the collision to G8F as the sole of the foot came right through the sole of the shoe.  Adding a smoothing modifier helped but now the seams of the shoe seem to be coming apart ( see attached image), is this an issue with the way I converted it or is this an issue with the modelling of the shoe itself?  If anyone has converted these shoes can you tell the steps you followed to convert ?

That to me seems like an issue with the shoe.  I have converted a lot of shoes.  The smoothing is normal, but I have never had the seams come apart.