Superheroes Rebooted - Ready to Rrrrrender?

Comments

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

I want a suite of 4 to 5 supersuits all created to work together in layers with different material zones.I would like material zones to be as as diverse as the original DAZ Supersuit for Genesis but with different material zone placement on each to emulate several different costume layers.

Three of the suits would be made with different UV templates to offer alternatives for hard to make costumes.

Each individual suit can be used multiple times if needed and an expansion morph can make the suit bigger or smaller so that it can be the next "layer" up or down.

Each set should also have a slew of morphs as the original had to smooth areas such as the buttocks or cleavage and also have enough morphs to give three or four wrinkle options in the most likely areas to wrinkle.

Several additions will be added including belt and super boots and mini skirt.

Capes need a special set of options, not only length, but also geo-grafted collar styles (Dr Strange-type, Dr Fate-Type, etc) that match along with a set of hoods. Capes also need a set of material zones for different materials such as piping, trim, inner lining, etc

Geo-grafted cowls which offer a different set of styles (Batman open face, full face mask, etc)

P.S. Joe Quick should be hired and paid well for his efforst as product director. :)

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    RKane_1 said:

I want a suite of 4 to 5 supersuits all created to work together in layers with different material zones.I would like material zones to be as as diverse as the original DAZ Supersuit for Genesis but with different material zone placement on each to emulate several different costume layers.

Three of the suits would be made with different UV templates to offer alternatives for hard to make costumes.

Each individual suit can be used multiple times if needed and an expansion morph can make the suit bigger or smaller so that it can be the next "layer" up or down.

Each set should also have a slew of morphs as the original had to smooth areas such as the buttocks or cleavage and also have enough morphs to give three or four wrinkle options in the most likely areas to wrinkle.

Capes need a special set of options, not only length, but also geo-grafted collar styles (Dr Strange-type, Dr Fate-Type, etc) that match along with a set of hoods. Capes also need a set of material zones for different materials such as piping, trim, inner lining, etc

Geo-grafted cowls which offer a different set of styles (Batman open face, full face mask, etc)

P.S. Joe Quick should be hired and paid well for his efforst as product director. :)

That is quite the wishlist.

Geminii23 said:
    RKane_1 said:

That is quite the wishlist.

Yep, but it would meet most needs.

:)

edited March 2018

Here's another attempt at Hal Jordan.  Added close-up shot to show the textures better.

Hal Jordan Green Lantern G2M.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Hal Jordan Green Lantern close up.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Geminii23 on
    edited March 2018

Here is my latest work on Nightwing. He is coming along. :)

Nightwing-3-Turnaround.jpg
    900 x 600 - 318K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited March 2018
    RKane_1 said:

Looks awesome!

edited March 2018

Sorry, double post

Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited March 2018

Geminii23 said:
    RKane_1 said:

Looks awesome!

Thank you, sir. :)

Here is my G3M Deadman. Kitbashed quite a bit. :)

edited March 2018

And later when he's starting to lose hope...

Deadman-DeadInside.jpg
    1290 x 860 - 254K

Jon Stewart Green Lantern.  Somewhat inspired by Injustic games.

Jon Stewart Green Lantern G2M.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M

More Arrow (rooftop) action. I like the older outfit more than the newer.

So here's my quick take on Green Arrow.  Not nearly as good as yours but serviceable.

Green Arrow G3M.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1007K
    Geminii23 said:

More Arrow (rooftop) action. I like the older outfit more than the newer.

So here's my quick take on Green Arrow.  Not nearly as good as yours but serviceable.

Whoa! Real nice! Where'd you get the suit from?

RKane_1 said:
    Geminii23 said:

FSMCDesigns?  Or mine?

Mine is just simple re-texture of this suit:

https://www.daz3d.com/hunter-gear-for-genesis-3-male-s

Geminii23 said:
    RKane_1 said:
    Geminii23 said:

FSMCDesigns?  Or mine?

*Chuckles* Yours. What kills me IS I HAVE all the pieces you have mentioned already purchased (Like for the Cyclops piece and this one) But I never thought to use them for those characters. Great work, sir.  :)

RKane_1 said:
    Geminii23 said:
    RKane_1 said:
    Geminii23 said:

FSMCDesigns?  Or mine?

*Chuckles* Yours. What kills me IS I HAVE all the pieces you have mentioned already purchased (Like for the Cyclops piece and this one) But I never thought to use them for those characters. Great work, sir.  :)

Yeah, searching your library is half the battle it seems.  It usually takes me a couple of days to find the stuff I want to use for a character and a few times I have even purchased items only to find something I already had in my library that would've worked just as well.

Geminii23 said:
    RKane_1 said:
    Geminii23 said:
    RKane_1 said:
    Geminii23 said:

FSMCDesigns?  Or mine?

Yeah, searching your library is half the battle it seems.  It usually takes me a couple of days to find the stuff I want to use for a character and a few times I have even purchased items only to find something I already had in my library that would've worked just as well.

Been there, done that. *chuckle*

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563
    Geminii23 said:

Wow, nice work, I like the combo of the CW style and the classic GA.

I admire your perseverance in recreating heros based on DAZ assets. I tried that awhile back, but when I discovered I could use my game models instead and focus on renders instead of texture work and kitbashing, I stopped even trying

Here is an older, early attempt at classic GA . It was fun modeling his bow, quiver and cap though.

grarrowclassic.jpg
    867 x 870 - 795K
    Geminii23 said:

I admire your perseverance in recreating heros based on DAZ assets. I tried that awhile back, but when I discovered I could use my game models instead and focus on renders instead of texture work and kitbashing, I stopped even trying

Here is an older, early attempt at classic GA . It was fun modeling his bow, quiver and cap though.

On the one hand, I now have like 80 character presets saved in DAZ for use in future renders.  But on the other hand, like you pointed out ... that is easily 80+ days spent kibashing instead of creating any new artwork.  Ugh.  I need to put myself on Centaurian time.

edited March 2018
    Geminii23 said:
    Geminii23 said:

On the one hand, I now have like 80 character presets saved in DAZ for use in future renders.  But on the other hand, like you pointed out ... that is easily 80+ days spent kibashing instead of creating any new artwork.  Ugh.  I need to put myself on Centaurian time.

I have been doing the same for my artwork.

Here is my latest Superman for G3M. The morphs are mostly mine for the figure. The suit is the AMAZING Joe Quick's Golden Age set (Now free at Sharecg.com)

Superman-G3M.jpg
    576 x 375 - 128K
    RKane_1 said:
    Geminii23 said:
    Geminii23 said:

Here is my latest Superman for G3M. The morphs are mostly mine for the figure. The suit is the AMAZING Joe Quick's Golden Age set (Now free at Sharecg.com)

Very nice.  Is this an updated suit by JoeQuick for G3M?  I didn't see it in his items on ShareCG

edited March 2018
    Geminii23 said:
    RKane_1 said:
    Geminii23 said:
    Geminii23 said:

Very nice.  Is this an updated suit by JoeQuick for G3M?  I didn't see it in his items on ShareCG

OH NO! Sorry, it is the M4 set that I have added smoothing and collision to to update it myself.

I LOVE that set. Joe Quick is a friggin genius with a real kncack for knowing superhero stuff and I would pay GOOD money for him to update the set for G3M and G8M and to do a version for the ladies.

Adding a Smoothng Modifier is SUPER easy in DAZ for anything fitted.

edited March 2018

Working on a "Little Something" for Nightwing... :)

NightwingBoots.png
    882 x 1332 - 743K
    edited March 2018

Hey...

Has anyone heard from Joe Quick? I haven't seen him in a long bit on the forums...

edited March 2018

A little update on my project. :)... Whaddya think? :)

Nightwing-G8M-FullOut.jpg
    360 x 544 - 92K
    Nightwing-G8M-FullOut-back.jpg
    360 x 544 - 96K
    edited March 2018

Just had to wait til this morning and a purchase here and at the other place lead to me finishing my Beast Boy! :)

Beast Boy-Character.jpg
    576 x 576 - 283K

So, is the rumor true that when I post on a thread it kills it? :)

• GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
    edited March 2018

Leave it to a fellow thread-killer to resurrect it!  This is a huge (2400x2400), high-res (300 px/in) character study of my Superman character for G8M!  The original is too large to display here, so here's a reduced version and a link to the full-size one

Feedback on the overall realism and/or the likeness of Christopher Reeve is welcome!  The raw SuperFly render was exported as an EXR and then put through Bagginsbill's makeshift tone mapping procedure to give it a more filmic look.  The filmicized image also had its sharpness and contrast mildly enhanced in Photoshop CS6.

Superman8TM3Mini.jpg
    900 x 900 - 393K
  • ChadCryptoChadCrypto Posts: 596
    edited March 2018
    Gregorius said:

Leave it to a fellow thread-killer to resurrect it!  This is a huge (2400x2400), high-res (300 px/in) character study of my Superman character for G8M!  The original is too large to display here, so here's a reduced version and a link to the full-size one

Feedback on the overall realism and/or the likeness of Christopher Reeve is welcome!  The raw SuperFly render was exported as an EXR and then put through Bagginsbill's makeshift tone mapping procedure to give it a more filmic look.  The filmicized image also had its sharpness and contrast mildly enhanced in Photoshop CS6.

That awesome, that is a good likeness to Mr. Reeve, also looks kinda like Brandon Routh too, which makes sense. One can use him for the Atom as well :) 

edited March 2018
    Gregorius said:

Beautiful work! Lovely likeness! Is that your morph? It looks spot on. Did you sculpt it or use Facegen or ??? 

Also, what era is the Superman suit you have there?

Lovely render!

• GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
    edited March 2018

Thanks for the kind words, ChadCrypto and RKane_1!

ChadCrypto, I've always thought Brandon Routh greatly resembled Christopher Reeve, at least from certain angles, so yeah, it makes sense that you might see some of him in there.

RKane_1, the morph was made by spinning a bunch of dials (most of them from merchant resource morph packs) until it looked as close as I thought I could get, though there was a bit of custom morphing involved as well.  If you're interested, I consolidated it into a freebie available at ShareCG.

The suit isn't supposed to be from any specific era or continuity, though it is probably very close to what it would look like if I were given the reigns of a Superman reboot film.  I never liked the way those in charge have been tampering needlessly with the suit design lately, so this is my way of restoring it.  I tried to blend the classic style with a touch of the modern and maybe one or two very minor additions of my own.  The yellow lapel pins were a consequence of me not having any other way to make the cape attach believably to the suit, but to me at least, they might actually work aesthetically.  The yellow rims on the boots are actually a subtle innovation of mine. 

Post edited by Gregorius on
This discussion has been closed.