Superheroes Rebooted - Ready to Rrrrrender?

Comments

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    Tjohn said:
    MDO2010 said:

Hi all,

I need some help.  I am working on a sort of conceptual Fantastic Four image (for no particular reason - I just had the idea pop into my head a few weeks ago and it won't go away laugh) and I am at a total loss for what to do for the invisible woman. Image so far is below so I you can see where I am going with it. Any ideas?

The fire and the matchbook textures are just placeholders while I setup the composition and I am still working on the silly putty texture for the brain, but my big roadblock at the moment is coming up with something to represent Sue. sad

Maybe a "force field" bubble?

Agreed, maybe a clear, glass marble?

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

I kinda like the floating soap bubble idea. :)

• Maybe a sphere of cloudy gas? Fog?

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

A "This spot is not empty" sign on a display base.

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited April 2017

LOL - I like a lot of these (especially the ones that require no additional work on may part cheeky).  Thanks for the ideas all.  I'm going to try the floating soap bubble and the clear glass marble and see how they look.

EDIT: The bubble was not really working out, but I managed to come up with a marble that I like.  It's not fully transparent, but I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

Brain and rock sculpted in Blender, plastic egg and matches modeled in Carrara, Carrara render with a little bit of extra glow and color adjustment in Photoshop.

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • Servant said:

The Rocketeer
    Figure is Genesis 1. Rendered in DS. Postwork in PS and Clip Studio.

Very, very impressive. I really like the flame effects and the painting look. This is a very strong image. I also like the pose for the gun.

• Servant said:

Mighty Thor.

Figure is Genesis 1. Wasn't able to find a real classic suit so I kitbashed multiple stuff from DAZ and freebies, particularly from JoeQuick and Hal001 over at ShareCG. Rendered in DS. Postwork in PS and Clip Studio.

I really enjoyed all of your NPR images, but this is my second favorite (after the Rocketeer). I really think you nailed the pose and colors, and I'm particularly impressed with the way you conveyed the rain by just knocking out the blackness in the background. VERY nice effect, and I'm definitely gonna try something like this before long.

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386

Superman-savior....genesis 3 used

E3D3169E-BA59-469D-882A-282B25E0B313-4141-000005249A6A8E8D.jpeg
    1661 x 2500 - 3M
  • GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397

I finally got the Genesis Supersuit to work well enough in Poser to make another revamp of my M5 Superman possible.  This suit is much easier to work with because it's not as makeshift as the old one.  It's a complete ensemble of the Supersuit along with the accompanying belt, boots, and cape.

This is essentially my idea of a perfect modern Superman, mixing elements from a few different incarnations.  The body is muscular but not too bulky, the face is modeled after Christopher Reeve, and he's wearing the classic S-crest along with the traditional yellow belt and red overbriefs.   I also prefer Dean Cain's deep color palette, and Henry Cavill's chainmail-like texture is really the only unique design choice I like about the latest movies. 

On a side note, however, the worst aesthetic decision there was ditching the iconic theme music by John Williams.  Watching "Man of Steel" was like trying to celebrate the 4th of July without once hearing, playing, singing, or even humming "Star-Spangled Banner." It just wasn't quite right without it.  It was fun, but I just couldn't shake the feeling that something was seriously missing. 

Anyway, geeky mini-rant aside, the yellow cape-holders are only there because it's the only way I have so far to make the cape attach realistically to the suit, though I don't mind them, especially since they add a dash of uniqueness to my blended version of Superman.

Superman11.jpg
    900 x 900 - 524K
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,845
    edited May 2017

My version of teen Kara Zor-El (Supergirl). Costume kit-bashed together from different sources.

Supergirl - Genesis 3 Female - 05.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 821K
    Supergirl - Genesis 3 Female - 04.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 435K
    Supergirl - Genesis 3 Female - 03.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 226K
    Post edited by nDelphi on
    edited May 2017

Just pokin' around and havin' a little fun...

Girl's Night Out

Post edited by RKane_1 on

Working  bit more on the shaders and the lighting and did a little change to the logo on the floor.

Another on the Horizon...

Any questions,comments, or suggestions? :)

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    RKane_1 said:

Any questions,comments, or suggestions? :)

They look great (especially the Catwoman), more please. wink

-- Walt Sterdan

Thank you, sir. Working on a classic Harley now. :)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Your lighting on the second one is much improved Robert.  Nice work there.  Fun too! 

Thanks, Rammy! Always lovely to hear from you, my freind! :)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

:-)

• JVRendererJVRenderer Posts: 661

She needs no introduction...

Wonder Woman

Nice WonderWoman, JV!

Art that good drives me crazy....

Makes me wanna dance!

More work on the the Catwoman pic

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686

Her right foot isn't standing on anything.

(You did want feedback, right?  wink )

Honestly, I wonder how she'd look with the hair from the '60s Batman version?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,003

Purrfect, of course. devil

edited May 2017

Aah yes, Miss Kitka! :)

Julie Newmar was amazing.

Or were you thinking Eartha Kitt or Lee Merriweather? :)

edited May 2017

DOH! On it. :) I will fix and repost.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922
    Servant said:

A second Iron Man piece. Figure is Genesis 1 with the Genesis Supersuit. Helmet is from Inlite Studios' freebie (though I had to tweak it in Hexagon and DS). Rendered in DS 3Delight. Postwork in PS and Clip Studio.

Wow, your hero artwork is awsome

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922
    Servant said:
    wsterdan said:
    Servant said:
    wsterdan said:
    Servant said:

The Rocketeer
    Figure is Genesis 1. Rendered in DS. Postwork in PS and Clip Studio.

Also a great pict, where did you get the jacket?

-- Walt Sterdan

Thanks for the appreciation! The Rocketeer jacket is from JoeQuick's free stuff in ShareCG. Golden Age for M4. I fitted it to Genesis 1 using the Transfer Utility.

Ah, thanks, I thought it might be but I haven't tried it myself. Thanks for sharing your work, your images are excellent, feel free to post some more. wink

-- Walt Sterdan

Glad to help, Walt!

Well, here's another one. Black Bolt of the Inhumans. 

Figure is Genesis 1 with JoeQuick's Nadino Mask. Rendered in DS. Postwork in PS and Clip Studio.

My favorite Marvel team!

• Batgirl with attitude, LOL.

Love this! Is it possible to find clothing resources like this for daz studio? 

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 791

BevDog,

Have you checked this list. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9443/the-ultimate-super-hero-freebie-list/p1 The closest is the one by TerryMcGee. He has a non-free version on his Deviant Art page also. http://terrymcg.deviantart.com/art/Batgirl-SB-cosplay-costume-for-V4-666386065 They aren't as detailed as the one from the picture, but maybe with the right textures you could get close. 

This discussion has been closed.