Superheroes Rebooted - Ready to Rrrrrender?

Comments

• blutobluto Posts: 828
    edited August 2013

joe quick , how does one go about setting his hands on that rather stunning rocketeer style jacket you made ,
    is that for m4 or genesis .
    its really impressive !!
    I would love to be able to use it fo come up with a ww2 era version of captain America .
    kind like a hybrid of the first avenger movie version and a ww2 motorcycle calvery officer.
    I also really dig that hooded cape

tumblr_mk51aq51Cn1rjlr2do3_250.png
    233 x 400 - 108K
    tumblr_mkgrbyaF2m1rjlr2do1_500.jpg
    500 x 650 - 76K
    tumblr_mkgrbyaF2m1rjlr2do3_500.jpg
    500 x 375 - 47K
    tumblr_mkgrbyaF2m1rjlr2do2_500.jpg
    500 x 375 - 50K
    Post edited by bluto on
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    joe quick , how does one go about setting his hands on that rather stunning rocketeer style jacket you made ,
    its really impressive !!
    I would love to be able to use it fo come up with a ww2 era version of captain America .
    kind like a hybrid of the first avenger movie version and a ww2 motorcycle calvery officer.

oooo I want that jacket too, been wanting to do a rocketeer render

• The SixThe Six Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

custom suit for Aquaman

aq2.jpg
    1819 x 1000 - 1M
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,259
    edited December 1969

The Six said:
    custom suit for Aquaman

nice!

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

BorgyB said:
    Megaman (he's technically a superhero, right? :coolsmile: ) using Genesis and the Basic Supersuit. Special thanks to Ghostman for the cool Helmet found here:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/28262/gallery/11/Poser/Mega-Girl-Helmet

Very nice looking Megaman. :)

Miss those games...

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    its really impressive !!

oooo I want that jacket too, been wanting to do a rocketeer render

Me too, that looks amazing. Not to mention that with a judicious application of cloth shaders it could also work very well as a uniform jacket.

• ServantServant Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

Miss those games...

Thanks! Been a fan of the series since the early days. The image is a slight nod to the Megaman 2 cover (NES) which, due to the shading in the lower area, made it look like Megaman is wearing shorts instead of briefs/trunks. :D

As a side note, Capcom-Unity released a free game Street Fighter X Megaman to celebrate both franchises' 25th anniversaries. It's classic 2D Megaman fighting Street Fighters as bosses (also in pixelated 2D glory).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOgogzz8o5w

edited December 1969

hey joequick have you ever considered building an outfit on the lines of this for use with genesis or m4

the_flash_noir_christopher_brandstrom_1000x1750_RGB.jpg
    1000 x 1750 - 270K
  • lface8lface8 Posts: 126
    edited August 2013

BorgyB said:

Miss those games...

Thanks! Been a fan of the series since the early days. The image is a slight nod to the Megaman 2 cover (NES) which, due to the shading in the lower area, made it look like Megaman is wearing shorts instead of briefs/trunks. :D

As a side note, Capcom-Unity released a free game Street Fighter X Megaman to celebrate both franchises' 25th anniversaries. It's classic 2D Megaman fighting Street Fighters as bosses (also in pixelated 2D glory).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOgogzz8o5w

Actually, Capcom had no intentions on doing anything special for Mega Man's 25th anniversary. The Street Fighter X Mega Man was a fan project that Capcom found out about and funded so they could say, "Well, we at least gave you SOMETHING." Also, Street Fighter's anniversary was the month before SF X MM which was celebrated with a pretty awesome collector's set. Needless to say, Mega Man kinda got the shaft.

Also fun to note, Mega Man is going to be in the new Super Smash Bros games along side Mario and various other famous video game characters.

Post edited by lface8 on
  • Orphanslayer69Orphanslayer69 Posts: 96
    edited December 1969

Here's a thing I've been working on. It's pretty heavily photshopped but I enjoy the journey of taking something from here to there.

ERASE.jpg
    1333 x 2000 - 2M
    EERASE.jpg
    1333 x 2000 - 655K
  • edited December 1969

bluto said:
    hey joequick have you ever considered building an outfit on the lines of this for use with genesis or m4

That is a great outfit, bluto. I so need that jacket for m4. Where did you get it?

edited December 1969

that's just it , I found that pic at the zbrush forums , I do not as of yet have the jacket as joequick has not yet mad it available for use by the general public. I really would love to own that one . I really want a mask like the one in the image as well I prefer m4 and v4 in poser but I just started playing with genesis in ds so I guess it could still be or use even if it were made for genesis

• edited December 1969

Darn it! That jacket is all I need to make my DCUO character, Southern Son.

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 575
    edited December 1969

The Six said:
    custom suit for Aquaman

Say Six, I checked out your deviantart galleries, and I've gotta say...
    if you were to make your toon Genesis morphs available for purchase, I'd have to buy them. They look really great.

I've been using 3dUniverse's toon stuff, along with a Genesis-translated version of Predatron's Max Muscles, but your morphs would be a welcome addition to my Runtime. If I feel that way, other people probably would as well.

edited December 1969

well , maybe we will get lucky and joe will see these posts . i hope that he sees fit to make that available to everyone , i really do

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,699
    edited December 1969

To those asking about that old Jacket, my priority is to finish up Gardner right now.

gardner2.jpg
    615 x 800 - 96K
    gardner1.jpg
    615 x 800 - 102K
    edited August 2013

joe, understood , however I do hope that you may see your way clear to finishing it up ,as I REALLY would love to add it to my runtime
    if you need a beta tester when you get that far please think of me

Post edited by bluto on
    edited December 1969

SmallFry said:
    The Six said:
    custom suit for Aquaman

Say Six, I checked out your deviantart galleries, and I've gotta say...
    if you were to make your toon Genesis morphs available for purchase, I'd have to buy them. They look really great.

I've been using 3dUniverse's toon stuff, along with a Genesis-translated version of Predatron's Max Muscles, but your morphs would be a welcome addition to my Runtime. If I feel that way, other people probably would as well.

I'd love to share my morph for free with the community, the problem is that I screwed up between ZBrush and Daz, I created the various morph doing different steps without having read any guide....I try to export genesis with all its morph, when I try to import it into daz, the program crashes. So all I can do is export it as an obj if anyone knows how to convert it back to a morph for genesis

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited December 1969

Start by exporting it at base resolution with NO subdivision.

edited December 1969

Thanx :) no subdivision and morph loadr...work :) Now I just have to figure out how to fix the "joints" every time I try to use the property editor, the program shuts down
    BTW thanx for the help

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,699
    edited August 2013

The Six said:

Thanx :) no subdivision and morph loadr...work :) Now I just have to figure out how to fix the "joints" every time I try to use the property editor, the program shuts down
    BTW thanx for the help

Does it really shut down, as in terminate itself? Or does it just lock up and seem like it's taking forever to load something?

The former would be abnormal, the later is just a sad fact of life for a content creator.

Post edited by JoeQuick on
    edited December 1969

hey Joe :D the problem is the first one ....program crash sooo i'll try on my mac (atm i'm working on a pc ) and i'll let u know :) fingers crossed

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    To those asking about that old Jacket, my priority is to finish up Gardner right now.

Looks Great Joe!!

• lface8lface8 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Guy is looking great. If/when it's released, I hope to see plenty of "One punch!" renders. ;-P

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

lface8 said:
    Guy is looking great. If/when it's released, I hope to see plenty of "One punch!" renders. ;-P

Here you go! The original:
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/one-punch.jpg

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Guess it's time for this long-time-lurker to join the fun. :)
    Currently working on an oldskool Storm outfit, i always loved that uniform. Sure brings back memories, iirc the first X-Men i bought was 'Days of Future Past', i think it was around 1981-82.

Still plenty to do, but i wanted to share a wip.

Storm_WIP.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 622K
  • Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Currently working on an oldskool Storm outfit, i always loved that uniform. Sure brings back memories, iirc the first X-Men i bought was 'Days of Future Past', i think it was around 1981-82.

Great job so far! :)

edited December 1969

I used to have a Black Cat outfit for V4 but now I can't find it anywhere. Any one know where one can be found?

edited December 1969

a bit of goofing around, not technically a super hero but i remember these guys from comics and cartoons.....

thegoon.jpg
    653 x 1018 - 107K
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,259
    edited December 1969

nicely done! always loved that look

This discussion has been closed.