Ice Dragon Art A Glimpse Into My World

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited May 2019

Agda by Marcius  I was pretty excited to find a shirt in my runtime that matched her tattoos!

AGDA MARCIUS.jpg
    593 x 960 - 157K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

She looks so cool! I'm kind of getting an album cover-art vibe from this. I think she'd be an Indie-Folk rocker. heart

TigerAnne said:

She looks so cool! I'm kind of getting an album cover-art vibe from this. I think she'd be an Indie-Folk rocker. heart

She very much does have that kind of a feel to her, I can see her with a guitar doing a local outdoor show and enjoying every minute of it lol.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I love what you did with Agda. Very retro. I like the soft colors around the edges and the grunge work. Nice. :)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    DustRider said:

This was a promotional piece for Ilona's Breezing Poses

Just dropping by to catch up after being away for a while and way too busy in RL (about 5 pages to go through). You've definitely outdone yourself with a lot of amazing images! This one really stood out to me though. WOW! There is just so much to like about it, truly amazing!!!

Thank you!  Its so funny because this one does not have a huge amount of stuff done to it in photoshop.  Sometimes, less is definitely more!

TigerAnne said:

Thank you so much Sapphire.  Its really weird to think that I inspire people lol.  I'm just struggling along like everyone else most of the time.

You're like my role-model, seriously. Even if I do very different stuff, and don't try to copy your style, I keep reminding myself that you told me you've only been Daz'ing for something like 4 years.

It will be 4 years at the beginning of September.  I still very much feel like I have so much more to learn, especially inside of Daz Studio. And I truly would not be where I am with this today if it wasn't for the huge amount of help and encouragement I've gotten here in the forums. This community is definitely one the best!

Your artwork really inspires so many people @IceDragonArt!!

I know it sure inspires me to do better with my own artwork!!

Thank you so much Sapphire.  Its really weird to think that I inspire people lol.  I'm just struggling along like everyone else most of the time.

I Really love the background of your last render!

Thank you!  Its a blend of 3 or 4 layers and some adjustments if I remember correctly.

Well belive it because it is true @IceDragonArt you have inspired many people around this forum!

Why do you think so many watched your webinar!?

Sapphire, you always make me smile with your kind words!  I truly appreciate your encouragement.

Well you certinly have given me much encouragement over the 4 years that we have been in this forum!! It is nice to give a little back to you!wink

I love what you did with Agda. Very retro. I like the soft colors around the edges and the grunge work. Nice. :)

Thank you!

Sapphire, you always make me smile with your kind words!  I truly appreciate your encouragement.

Well you certinly have given me much encouragement over the 4 years that we have been in this forum!! It is nice to give a little back to you!wink

And I totally appreciate it!

edited May 2019

Neera by Marcius.  I have to say I am VERY fond of Marcius' characters.  His skin and tattoos are fantastic, and his characters lend themselves really well to my favorite genre of art.

NEERA MARCIUS.jpg
    960 x 960 - 199K
    edited May 2019

Paper Tigers Quick HDRI Lighting Vol 2 - I also used Ron's Bird Brushes

PAPER TIGER HDRI LIGHTS VOL 2.jpg
    1563 x 2500 - 2M
    PAPER TIGER HDRI LIGHTS VOL 2.png
    1563 x 2500 - 3M
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

@IceDragonArt

I see another one of your images used by Renderosity . This time as the splash art for the weekly news video.

• SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684

Promotional art for Sympatico Studios featuring Asier for G8M by bu_es.

@wsgentry this is an example of a much lighter starting render that I ended up making darker.  So sometimes I do start of much lighter, but its far easier for me to lighten than it is to darken.  Might just be me lol.

Absolutely love the contrast in her rough tough warrior costume and the sweet and sensative expression on her face-I always feel inspired after stopping by your thread.

Fishtales said:

@IceDragonArt

I see another one of your images used by Renderosity . This time as the splash art for the weekly news video.

Really?  I will have to go and take a look, thanks for letting me know!

Promotional art for Sympatico Studios featuring Asier for G8M by bu_es.

@wsgentry this is an example of a much lighter starting render that I ended up making darker.  So sometimes I do start of much lighter, but its far easier for me to lighten than it is to darken.  Might just be me lol.

Absolutely love the contrast in her rough tough warrior costume and the sweet and sensative expression on her face-I always feel inspired after stopping by your thread.

edited June 2019

Valkiria by Marcius 

Promotional art for Sympatico Studios.

Valkiria Marcius.jpg
    600 x 960 - 170K

Really?  I will have to go and take a look, thanks for letting me know!

I think that was two last month. I think the other one was for either the newsletter or one of the galleries.

I was right, two images. The first was 6th May --- Pinup 001 for the Prime Members Gallery, the second was 1st June --- Spiffy as the splash art for the weekly video news programme.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Love it! Big, ugly beasts need more love, I think. And the birds manage to look so ominous against the golden sky.

Neera by Marcius.  I have to say I am VERY fond of Marcius' characters.  His skin and tattoos are fantastic, and his characters lend themselves really well to my favorite genre of art.

The tattoos on his characters are great! A lot of the time they look less like ink-and-poke, and more like a natural part of the characters' skin, as if their species of elf or fairy are born with markings like that. And why wouldn't they be? They're magical beings. laugh

Valkiria by Marcius 

Promotional art for Sympatico Studios.

Fishtales said:

I was right, two images. The first was 6th May --- Pinup 001 for the Prime Members Gallery, the second was 1st June --- Spiffy as the splash art for the weekly video news programme.

Thank you so much!  I don't usually get notices unles its one of the picks of the months, so I have no idea what they have posted lol.

TigerAnne said:

Love it! Big, ugly beasts need more love, I think. And the birds manage to look so ominous against the golden sky.

The tattoos on his characters are great! A lot of the time they look less like ink-and-poke, and more like a natural part of the characters' skin, as if their species of elf or fairy are born with markings like that. And why wouldn't they be? They're magical beings. laugh

Thank you!  And yes, of course they would be born with them, I totally agreee!

edited June 2019

Promotional Art for Sympatico Studios featuring Topaz by Twizted Metal
    Daz Studio 4.11 Beta Iray
    Photoshop CC

TOPAZ.jpg
    600 x 960 - 161K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Photoshop CC

(IMO) I do not like this one that much it is too whited out, I woulkd have used a different color over the hand for the magic!

Photoshop CC

(IMO) I do not like this one that much it is too whited out, I woulkd have used a different color over the hand for the magic!

I actually agree with you on this one.  It needs a contrasting color like orange or yellow.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

These two are my favorites. Outstanding work - it's been watching your skills evolve!

- Greg

These two are my favorites. Outstanding work - it's been watching your skills evolve!

- Greg

Thank you very much!  Those two are a couple of my favorites as well.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,425
    edited June 2019

Hello!  I've been quietly lurking here for awhile, but I'm skittering out into the light to ask you a question:

I follow you on your Deviant Art page, but most of your work never seems to end up there.  Do you have a second page for promo work, or do you just prefer not to post everything to Deviant Art?

I love you work, BTW, it's very inspirational!

Post edited by Fae3D on

Hello!  I've been quietly lurking here for awhile, but I'm skittering out into the light to ask you a question:

I follow you on your Deviant Art page, but most of your work never seems to end up there.  Do you have a second page for promo work, or do you just prefer not to post everything to Deviant Art?

Faeofthe3rdDimension Thank you very much!  I have two on Deviant Art - I separated out the Sympatico stuff.  Its IceDragonArt-Two  which is where most of my stuff ends up.  But I am very very far behind over there.  Life has been super crazy the last couple of months.  Hoping it slows down soon so I can get caught up again.  And please don't ever hesitate to comment or ask a question.  It may take me a day or two to get back to it but I'm always happy to help or

Faeofthe3rdDimension Thank you very much!  I have two on Deviant Art - I separated out the Sympatico stuff.  Its IceDragonArt-Two  which is where most of my stuff ends up.  But I am very very far behind over there.  Life has been super crazy the last couple of months.  Hoping it slows down soon so I can get caught up again.  And please don't ever hesitate to comment or ask a question.  It may take me a day or two to get back to it but I'm always happy to help or

Ah, ok, then I am following both accounts.  Don't worry about being behind, as long as I can see your art somewhere it's all good! ^_^  Your work is a big reason I started playing around with postwork.  I don't use it every time, but now I am brave enough to try it when I really need it.

Thank you so much! Ifyo ever have questions about post work please dont hesitate to ask I am always willing to help
    Thank you so much! Ifyo ever have questions about post work please dont hesitate to ask I am always willing to help

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind! ^_^

@IceDragonArt

You are up there again Sonja.

'SteamPunk Station All Aboard! by IceDragonArt from the Prime Members Gallery'

Fishtales said:

@IceDragonArt

You are up there again Sonja.

'SteamPunk Station All Aboard! by IceDragonArt from the Prime Members Gallery'

Wow thank you!  I'm so far behind on everything, the last month ahs been beyond busy.  My daughter just moved out this morning so things should calm down a bit (I hope!) now that everything has been done in the new house and the stuff moved.  I've been working overtime as well which should be done tomorrow (last day)  Hoping to get caught up with everyone after that.  Thans for letting me know!

edited June 2019
    RED AKASHA AND ANAIN.jpg
    600 x 960 - 165K