Ice Dragon Art A Glimpse Into My World

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

@Dracorn thanks!  That is actually the Daz Horse 2 with the Iray shaders by DG.  I finally broke down and bought the darn bundle (I had all but 2 of the items already, but couldn't get all the coats without buying the bundle.  I did get it a sale price but I do wish there was an option to finish a bundle a different way, and get all that comes with at that point.

I don't know why Daz doesn't rename the Pro content and Starter content into DH2 Breeds and Coats 1 and 2. I'll bet in the long run, they would make more money off those, even at a deep discount, than they make selling the bundles. I'm glad you finally got the content, though. The horse looks really great in these renders.

Congrats on the upcoming webinar, too. I know you're going to do fine, and there is much we can all learn from you.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    L'Adair said:

@Dracorn thanks!  That is actually the Daz Horse 2 with the Iray shaders by DG.  I finally broke down and bought the darn bundle (I had all but 2 of the items already, but couldn't get all the coats without buying the bundle.  I did get it a sale price but I do wish there was an option to finish a bundle a different way, and get all that comes with at that point.

I don't know why Daz doesn't rename the Pro content and Starter content into DH2 Breeds and Coats 1 and 2. I'll bet in the long run, they would make more money off those, even at a deep discount, than they make selling the bundles. I'm glad you finally got the content, though. The horse looks really great in these renders.

Congrats on the upcoming webinar, too. I know you're going to do fine, and there is much we can all learn from you.

I agree.  And thanks! I hope so!

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

I've been using the CWRW Mane n Tail PSDs for the horse hair.  It looks really good on both DH2 and Harry.  

dracorn said:

I've been using the CWRW Mane n Tail PSDs for the horse hair.  It looks really good on both DH2 and Harry.  

I've got those on my wishlist.  They are a gorgeous resource.

• Beloved Companion - This is actually a promo for the stairs (by Mortem Vetus - there are multiple pieces so you can build a large range of shapes). Definitely best viewd at full size.  I actually remembered to add it to the gallery

Wow! I love them both. Can't decide which one I like better.

Trish

Thank you!  I quite like the original as well, but I am not super happy about the harsh lines along the bottom.  And honestly, once it gets into photoshop, there isn't any telling where its going lol. I pretty much go where the image tells me it wants to go..

edited October 2018

Vibeke by Jefferson AF and Gendragon3D

The first one is the postworked version the second is the original Daz Render

VIBEKE.jpg
    835 x 1048 - 852K
    VIBEKE.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

That is stunning @IceDragonArt. I love the dress!

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Nice reference to the early films when they added the colour later in the postworked image. I think it fits the character and the dress

That is stunning @IceDragonArt. I love the dress!

Thank you!  The dress is the Deliciously Evil Queen for G3F, converted with RiversoftArt's Clothing conversion script.  One of the nicest things about this script is that there is no distortion in the long dresses at all.  Total game changer!  I changed up the materials with some shaders, although I don't rmember which ones, I usually try a bunch of them.

Linwelly said:

Nice reference to the early films when they added the colour later in the postworked image. I think it fits the character and the dress

Thank you!

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,159

I have that dress and I didn't recognise it, lol. Now I've got to play with it! I'm buying all Riversoft's clothing conversion scripts. What pure joy they are to work with smileyyes

I totally agree, they are pretty much priceless.  Now, if they could just figure out how to convert V4 and M4 clothing....

edited October 2018

Tis the season lol. I will try and remember to post the before on this when I get home from dinner tonight - Edit - Its on my laptop not on my home pc.( i don't always remember which machine I did something on lol) I usually take my laptop to work.

Horror Hostes Hair.jpg
    738 x 960 - 109K
    HORROR HOSTESS HAIR.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    edited October 2018

Another seasonal offering ...

HORNED DEVIL QUEEN.jpg
    600 x 960 - 134K
  • Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Wow, that's awesome.

Wow, that's awesome.

Thanks!  I've been dying to try out the xeno temple by Jolab and Sixus1Media's monsters are always the bomb.  Its nice when my promo work aligns with what I personally like to make art out of lol.

edited October 2018
    HUO.jpg
    593 x 960 - 118K
    edited October 2018

More Halloween fun. I can't show the original because the dress is rather too low cut.  I postworked that out but the final image will have to do for this one.

LAVINA.jpg
    988 x 1600 - 1M

OK - I've been away too long and look at all the new renders you have!

Vibeke by Jefferson AF and Gendragon3D - wow, what a difference the postwork makes!

OK, what monster is that?  The color and effects are very dramatic.  

Huo - I like the overexposure here.  Very nice.  I'm curious as to what butterflies you are using.

Great vampire!  I have the original V4 version of the Baroness Jewels.  

Yes, I've been quite busy lol

Its crazy what you can do with postwork.  For me, Daz Studio combined with Photoshop is pretty much a dream come true lol

The monster is the Horned Devil Queen by Sixus1 at the other place, and she is wearing LIquid Armor for G8F (the shiny bluish metal pieces, did you knw the hands can glow on this armor?)

The butterflies are Ireal Animated Butterlies and Wisps by @PAphilosopher 

I may have the original too, now I'm curious and am going to have to go look lol

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

More Halloween fun. I can't show the original because the dress is rather too low cut.  I postworked that out but the final image will have to do for this one.

Such a messy eater! ;) Or is that because she was interrupted? She seems to be rather upset.

mori_mann said:

Such a messy eater! ;) Or is that because she was interrupted? She seems to be rather upset.

Haha probably a bit of both.  Or she might just be upset that I smeared blood all over her chest in order to hide the bits that aren't allowed to be shown here or on facebook lol.

edited October 2018

More Halloween.  This is Vara -Gallery Link

VARA.jpg
    593 x 960 - 122K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I wish I had someone to teach me to use my GIMP properly to get as good as you are with postwork Sonja!!

I wish I had someone to teach me to use my GIMP properly to get as good as you are with postwork Sonja!!

Aww thank you Saphire! I'm sorry I don't know anything about gimp.  Honestly, I learned an awful lot of what I know from YouTube.  Months and months of watching videos lol.  Maybe see if you can find some on Gimp.  Start with a search for beginner tutorials for Gimp and go from there.

edited October 2018

Twas a dark & stormy night.... Gallery link is here

HOODED CLOAK.jpg
    988 x 1600 - 1M
    You know it's going to be fun when you start with a cliche title. He's one ugly dude. Nice bokah and full moon effects.
    dracorn said:
    You know it's going to be fun when you start with a cliche title. He's one ugly dude. Nice bokah and full moon effects.

Haha sometimes I just can't resist!

• IceDragonArt's presentation is this Sunday! Come and meet Sonja and discover the techniques she uses to produce her outstanding character artwork. Just a few days left to register...and you can use the discount code "icedragon10" for this event. Learn more about Sonja's presentation here

IceDragonArt webinar

I'm super excited about this, and I know some of you are coming.  There is still time to ask me to include a specific piece if you have a particular interest in how something was done.  Just pm me or you can just mention it here.