Growing Up for Genesis2 Female Base (Now Available) (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited February 2015

Hi Guys. There will be a product update for the Genesis2 versions available soon. Mainly to reduce the "breast" appearance on 5year old preset. The jcm's will auto dial to various strengths as the youth and posture morphs are adjusted.

-Female Update-
    Included JCMBreastSmooth.dsf which is enabled when Youth posture and Youth morph are combined.

-Male Update-
    Included Included JCMBackSmooth.dsf and JCMChestSmooth.dsf which is enabled when Youth posture and youth morph are combined.

Included Chest Adjustment morph to reduce appearance of pecs when youth morph is used. Located under Shaping\Chest\Real World\Growing Up

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,168
    edited February 2015

I appreciate that you continue to improve your products for us. Thanks, Zev0.

Post edited by barbult on
  • DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited December 1969

Thats great Zev, I'm just praying that it wont hurt the existing Youth morph FBM's included in my clothing sets. :P

edited December 1969

Dogz said:
    Thats great Zev, I'm just praying that it wont hurt the existing Youth morph FBM's included in my clothing sets. :P
    Uh oh. I hope your stuff isn't impacted. I have lots of Dogz clothes and I love the Growing Up morphs. Only your recent products have those fbms, right?
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Dogz said:
    Uh oh. I hope your stuff isn't impacted. I have lots of Dogz clothes and I love the Growing Up morphs. Only your recent products have those fbms, right?

Super Dress, Autumn Rain & Time for School. :P
    From the sounds of it i'm hoping the impact will be none to minimal. ;) But if i have to update, i will.

edited February 2015

Dogz said:

It shouldn't. Not based on my testing. Also the changes are very minor. If you feel you want to remove the effect completely you can just dial down the jcm's on the clothing since it gets copied across, but I doubt there will be a need to:) Also the JCM's only activate when people combine the Youth morph with the Youth Posture. If they are just using the Youth morph, there will be no change to the FBM.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited February 2015

Here is the morphs loaded on G2M. First comparison pic is the jcm's loaded when Youth morph and Youth Posture is dialled (right side shows changes). The second comparison pic is the chest adjustment morph (manually dialled) for G2M when just the youth morph is loaded. Now for some people this isn't even an issue (specially when textures are applied), but I decided to update it regardless lol.

chest_adjust_morph.jpg
    687 x 831 - 177K
    JCM.jpg
    723 x 826 - 162K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Hi Guys. There will be a product update available soon. Mainly to reduce the "breast" appearance on 5year old preset. The jcm's will auto dial to various strengths as the youth and posture morphs are adjusted.

-Female Update-
    Included JCMBreastSmooth.dsf which is enabled when Youth posture and Youth morph are combined.

-Male Update-
    Included Included JCMBackSmooth.dsf and JCMChestSmooth.dsf which is enabled when Youth posture and youth morph are combined.

Included Chest Adjustment morph to reduce appearance of pecs when youth morph is used. Located under Shaping\Chest\Real World\Growing Up

Is the last sentence part of the G2M update, or does it refer to the Genesis 1 version?

edited February 2015

Sorry this is for the Genesis2 versions. It is not needed for Genesis1. I updated original post. Sorry for any confusion.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much for the heads up. I've only used your set on a couple of test renders so far, to 'tame' some of the "not-so-human" attributes on adult figures, lol.
    "Youth Posture" at 10 to 20%, "UAbdomen Size" 15 to 50%, etc.

From what I see in the example renders, it should be a non-issue here as well.

edited December 1969

As my fumbling around in the shaping tab continues, I've only come across one issue thus far with the Growing up morphs. And that is more with the V4-to-V6 Auto-fit shortcomings, then the morph set.
    (L-to-R)
    G2F custom, Wachiwi mats. Youth posture 15%

FWF Britnay, FWSA Pebble alternate shader. Youth posture and youth morph 100%

FW Lara, FWSA Serena alternate shader. All stock except the skin shader.

FWSA Jaina (FWSA Siblings), G2F base mat, other dials adjusted, Youth posture 15%.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/762622/
    FWSA Jaina (FWSA Siblings), Same as above, with Olympia6 dialed in and taller, Youth posture 15%.

Victoria6 all stock. Youth posture and youth morph 100%. Don't ask me what is up with the “Hampton Hair”, it was auto-fitted from a DZ-something file from the blue yonder. And as it goes with most hair and high heals, it's hit or miss with Auto-fitting V4-to-G2F.

I think that is supposed to be some kind of Ferengi hair style of sorts, lol. Get your copy of the Zev0 Growing up Morph set along with the sold separately “Hampton Hair”, and get your own baby Ferengi, lol.

Second render for ref only, I'm still tinkering. :coolsmile:

20150211_BritCrclDress_001023c11b_1080b.jpg
    1900 x 1080 - 672K
    20150211_BritCrclDress_001019c11a_1080.jpg
    1900 x 1080 - 435K
    edited February 2015

As mentioned last post, everything is still looking good. That 'Smoothing' morph is doing a lot better then the 'Flat chest' morph included with G2F (chest ring wrinkles).
    tho results may very, lol.

I kind of expected the chest to not be there as much like was the case with FWF Britnay and Victoria6. With Olympia6 the results are still very convincing, and I'm guessing that's what the other dials are for in the other tabs anyway.

"O" and yes, that is Olympia6 right out of the smart tab with just the two dials shown.

O6_GrowingUp_Test001.png
    1633 x 783 - 410K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
    edited February 2015

Glad results are better:) Thing is body is meant to be dialled in a lot less that the head morph of a figure when combining it with growing up. Under Genesis chest there should be a breast gone morph (from Daz) that can help to flatten the breasts if the figure morph is dialled in a bit high
    . That I think it has JCM's for all the shapes to reduce the chest to flat, similar to the chest adjustment morph I included.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

That "breast gone" thing is exactly the morph I was hinting at having the rings of wrinkles effect, lol. Your 'Smoothing' modifier is doing a lot better.

Thanks for the hint, and Agreed about the "Not at 100%" dials for allot of things, This was just a quick, dose it effect the outfit test, as I was getting some figures lined up for a V6 to O6 conversion of sorts. As others have mentioned, Olympia, Victoria, and Lilith are super-hot at less then 100% dial. So that hint absolutely applies to more then the "Growing up set".

edited February 2015

Out of interest Zev, Are you going to separate Youth morph in to Head and body Dials? Could be handy, We could then mix and match it with Sloshes Girl and Boy base for instance.
    I find some character faces work better on Girl / Boy Base head while others work better with Youth morph. Trial and error and all that.....
    But no worries if not.

Post edited by Dogz on
    edited December 1969

I don't know, I will see, so far it has not bothered me. I like the fact that the face proportions matches the age. It is how the thing was designed, and I don't know if I want to change the way it works.

edited December 1969

Dogz said:
    Out of interest Zev, Are you going to separate Youth morph in to Head and body Dials? Could be handy, We could then mix and match it with Sloshes Girl and Boy base for instance.
    I find some character faces work better on Girl / Boy Base head while others work better with Youth morph. Trial and error and all that.....
    But no worries if not.
    It may be easier to make two new dials for that, and control them with the old all-in-one dial. I think I typed that correctly? I'm indifferent, as my forte is not exactly kids. I'm mostly using the morphs to make some figures more human then Barby :red:

I'm finding myself learning about cloth designs and people dimensions, I never new about. Tyrer Bra??? In any case, I think that chest wrinkle effect happened when I was trying to reduce a 'Gas-giant' sized chest to one, well, smaller.

edited February 2015
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Training Bra ah, new of them. I was looking up what that A, B, C, etx was... and ending up reading this at Wikipedia.
    He says the A, B, C, D cup measurement system is flawed. "It's like measuring a motor car by the diameter of the gas cap." "The whole design is fundamentally flawed. It's an instrument of torture."[67] Tyrer has developed a bra design with crossed straps in the back. These use the weight of one breast to lift the other using counterbalance. Standard designs constrict chest movement during breathing...
    I don't have anything like that in my daz-stuff-colection, hmmm. Sounds like a G-suit2 opacity map test I have got to try now. :)
  • Higgo78Higgo78 Posts: 36
    edited December 1969

Hi, just throwing in my 2 cents about this product. Firstly, thank you Zevo for bringing youthful charm to the new generations of Daz Characters. I must say I was quite disappointed with the Basic Child, and have been longing to try your set for a long time. Anyways, overall a good product, poses well, clothes auto-fit well shoes even fit with no trouble. The 5yo preset is non-existent, it is more like an 8yo preset instead, definitely not the shape of a 5yo anyways. I really think that Daz had a good thing going with K4 shapewise.

There is only one thing I am not happy about and that is the "chiseled" features that appear on the head as you apply the youth morph. I am not sure what 5yo you based these morphs off, but I have never seen a 5 yo with a chiseled brow and nose, and the "smushed up" bottom half off the face is a little overdone. Lucky I know my way around Zbrush eh? :P

Here is a little something I threw together: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/59001 Standard Youth morph on the left, and my edited head version on the right.

edited March 2015

I am busy trying to soften the face a bit more as the youth morph is dialled up to full (expect another update lol). Problem is I need to do compatibility tests with all face shapes and morphs to see if anything breaks. This is a type of product that is never really finished lol, and there is always room for improvement based on feedback:)
    With regards to a 5 year old shape, I don't like pre-determining what that is since they vary and there are tons of shaping morphs to change that such as Shape Shift. All I did was match the proportions that is relative to that age group. So my aim was to keep it as close to the base shape (default state) as possible, meaning more morphs can be added if users wished to change things up. If it is too defined or specific, you lose universal compatibility, and I like to make stuff that is as flexible as possible, because I like choice:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited March 2015

Made the changes. It will be a JCM's that dials with the youth morph automatically and can be dialed down manually if wanted. Made the change for G1 as well as both G2 figures. Main areas that were softened was the neck/jaw line, the nose, lips, and smoothed the chin slightly. So if you have pre-saved characters using the growing up morph, it won't change their appearance, but just soften the face in those areas a bit.

2.jpg
    1646 x 1074 - 243K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Nicely done Zevo, you do spoil us :D Thank you in advance for the update, it certainly looks a lot softer. l hope I didn't offend with my critic on the age, I just find it weird that Daz don't have a Decent Baby / Toddler / Child figure out for genesis / genesis 2.

I have made a few of my own toddler morphs, look smashing in a T pose, but as soon as you pose them there joints fall apart. I am not very versed at editing rigging etc, so I will just have to keep using Millenium Baby 3 and K4 for ages under 5ish.

Thanks again, Nev.

edited March 2015

You're welcome, and no offence taken, feedback is always good:) Reason there are no toddlers is because they really aren't great sellers so lots of people won't really bother supporting such a shape. There was one for Genesis1, but nothing for Genesis2. Maybe you can Genx it. Also there are a few free ones at Sharecg that you can modify.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited March 2015

That dose look good, assuming the one on the right Zev0. The funny thing, not all adults have such 'Harsh' features, and some do.

Now, this JCM thing. Is that those odd grayed out dials I sometimes see, like the ones floating around the perimeters tab (I assume a different abbreviation for the pose ones)? Or are these things really buried, like some pose presets that persist after everything has been set to zero (Pose and bone rotations), lol?

Higgo78, don't give up. My first attempt of adding bones to a primitive cube, didn't go so well. I did learn allot from the experience, enough so to attempt it again with a waist bow, to turn it into a hair bow (The blue one I have FW Eve wearing in a few shots)
    http://zarcondeegrissom.deviantart.com/art/A-New-dress-some-one-is-ecstatic-to-have-496444087

As for criticism goes, the two kids look really realistic Higgo78, congrats. The one thing that stuck out, was the chins that appear rather narrow. Is that just lighting, or how genesis was morphed before applying the age morphs? I often find myself adding some "Face; Chin Width" to some of my custom morph attempts, to soften the chin a bit, sometimes it doesn't always work.

(Edit, grammar, it's before coffee)

WhatIsaJCM_001_crop1.png
    1256 x 776 - 442K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
    edited March 2015

Yes the one on the right is the updated version.

''Now, this JCM thing. Is that those odd grayed out dials I sometimes see, like the ones floating around the perimeters tab''

Yes those are them. But the point of a jcm's is that they work on their own and don't really need to be fiddled with. They are corrective morphs.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254
    edited December 1969

Well, over at Hivewire they do previews of works in progress. Now that the male base figure is out they've started work on a model baby. Work name at present is Luna. The preliminaries look good.

And yes, I said baby. Not toddler. The modeler is targeting 4-months-old for the base, and talking about a newborn morph.

It will be months to a year before it's out given that they are a small company and have a lot of projects on their to-do list. But one of the good things about Hivewire is that they produce their figures with support for both Studio *and* Poser, so they've maximised their audience as much as possible.

I've certainly no objection to using a Hivewire product along with Genesis if I ever need a baby and can get a decent skin for it.

But I think I'll need a five-year-old version of an adult figure a lot sooner.

• AngelAngel Posts: 1,204
    edited March 2015

I love the progress so far. One thing I have to point out about the face morph that completely ruins all other morphs applied is the nose being pointed upward and outward way to sharply and lips being way too pouty looking and smashed. If you look at a real childs face the nose it isn't arched up at a 65 degree angle and pinched into the face. also another thing to note is that a child's face, the eye brows are smaller, thicker, and outward. I have to jimmy rig all my children's eye brows with a permanently fake facial expression by reversing the brow squeeze to -.5 to simulate childish eye brows. Which is amazing to me that people seem to totally over look one of the most dominate facial features of children is the eye brow shape.

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/58976/

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/57687/

Post edited by Angel on
    edited December 1969

I love the progress so far. One thing I have to point out about the face morph that completely ruins all other morphs applies is the nose being pointed upward and outward way to sharply and lips being way too pouty looking and smashed. If you look at a real childs face the nose it isn't arched up at a 65 degree angle and pinched into the face. also another thing to note is that a child's face, the eye brows are smaller, thicker, and outward. I have to jimmy rig all my children's eye brows with a permanently fake facial expression by reversing the brow squeeze to -.5 to simulate childish eye brows. Which is amazing to me that people seem to totally over look one of the most dominate facial features of children is the eye brow shape.

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/58976/

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/57687/

I so agree. I hesitate about the excessive pointy chins, tho yes, not every one has deadly weapons as eyebrows, lol. It's not just children, allot of adults are similar, not everyone has a 'hooked' nose of sorts.

I took my mother to the grocery store today, and I cant help but look around at other peoples faces, and think, "I've never seen a face like that for CG". That ever cute Greek nose, the full thick eyebrows, round cheeks, the nose that is not pointed up or down, etc. Now some features I've seen on male figures, tho not on female ones, and vise verse.

edited December 1969

I have to jimmy rig all my children's eye brows with a permanently fake facial expression by reversing the brow squeeze to -.5 to simulate childish eye brows. Which is amazing to me that people seem to totally over look one of the most dominate facial features of children is the eye brow shape.

Glad to see I am not the only one that notices this. I always spend time in Zbrush fixing brows ands noses... these 2 features alone are what makes a child..... a child..... are those your images that are linked? If so congrats is in order. Both are really well done.