Carrara Challenge #40 NOIR WIP - A warm welcome to our PA sponsor, Fenric

Comments

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    0oseven said:

UnifiedBrain - Your condensed version of how to get pics into the forum is brilliant - thanks to you and others for your time on this. I have re edited entry 16 so hopefully evreyone sees ' one ' picture - Whew ! Spent nearly as much time on forum help as i with  Carrara  for the Entry wink  smiley 

Yay, the pic is there!

There is one more thing to adjust.  The pic in #16 is too wide.  It needs to be 800 pixels or less.

Go to the little gear icon in the top right and hit "edit" again.  When in the editing mode, right click on the image within the post.  Scroll down and select "Image Properties."  Change the width to 800.  Click OK.  Save the post.  That should do it.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,695
    Diomede said:

The third installment of the silliness.

Excellent !!!!!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,695
    edited June 2018
    0oseven said:

UnifiedBrain - Your condensed version of how to get pics into the forum is brilliant - thanks to you and others for your time on this. I have re edited entry 16 so hopefully evreyone sees ' one ' picture - Whew ! Spent nearly as much time on forum help as i with  Carrara  for the Entry wink  smiley 

Yay, the pic is there!

There is one more thing to adjust.  The pic in #16 is too wide.  It needs to be 800 pixels or less.

Go to the little gear icon in the top right and hit "edit" again.  When in the editing mode, right click on the image within the post.  Scroll down and select "Image Properties."  Change the width to 800.  Click OK.  Save the post.  That should do it.

Houstan, we still have a problem.....   Tried with 3 different browsers.

Image entry 16b.png
    3823 x 1037 - 1M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079
    edited June 2018

Thank you,Headwax, Evilproducer, and Bunyip.  

- don't smoke cigarettes.  Rachel will not have a happy ending.

Here is the scene setup.  Lighting is from one spotlight plus a dark gray gradient in the background scene channel.

wip scene setup rachel the racketeer.JPG
    1682 x 1006 - 171K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    Bunyip02 said:

Tears in the Rain No.2

I tried over a dozen spots for the rim lights, this is the one that I liked best.

Hi, Bunyip! Here is my sample scene with a couple of rim lights. You can use it if you like.

zip
    zip
    RimLightScene.zip
    Diomede said:

The third installment of the silliness.

Another redhead Masha with a gun!

edited June 2018
    Bunyip02 said:

Houston, we still have a problem.....   Tried with 3 different browsers.

Very strange!  Sorry, I have no idea what is happening.

Edit -

Bunyip, could you try this?  Put the address below into your browser window and see if it loads and lets you see the pic.  It is where the pic is actually located.

http://www.bond3d.byethost18.com/gallery/1_10_06_18_10_21_30.jpeg?i=1

It loads fine for me.  If it doesn't load, your virus protection may be blocking access to that website.

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on

@Vyusur - thanks for the comment, and don't forget the gun toting redheaded Masha also has a cigarette.

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
    edited March 2021

Diomede said:

@Vyusur - thanks for the comment, and don't forget the gun toting redheaded Masha also has a cigarette.

Yep, there is also a cigarette there smiley

edited June 2018

@Selina, Masha is a character from our famous cartoon “Masha and The Bear”. Originally it was a character from Russian fairy tale.

Post edited by Vyusur on
    edited March 2021

edited June 2018

“Film Noir”

Rendered with Octane plugin for Carrara. BW effect was achieved by desaturating in render target settings. No postwork.

Film_Noir_wip.jpg
    800 x 1039 - 447K
    2018-06-12_0705.png
    1150 x 984 - 1M
    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,801

awesome!

Stezza, thank you!

edited March 2021

Selina, thanks a lot!

Veronika, that is a beautiful render.  I don't have Octane so didn't realize images could be desaturated.  Excellent effect, and wonderful depth of field.

Ted, thank you so much!

A very strong showing on all three of your noir entries, Vyusur.  Thanks for getting into the spirit of the theme!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040

@Vyusur: Very nicely done!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    Vyusur said:

“Film Noir”

Rendered with Octane plugin for Carrara. BW effect was achieved by desaturating in render target settings. No postwork.

Wow Veronika, that's a beauty - wonderful scene and poise and lighting

Quick side note on Masha and the Bear.  If anyone isn't familiar with it, go see it right now!

https://youtu.be/6-fwMpYNHbA

Episode 1 summary
    Far away in a little house by the railroad lives a little and a very restless girl called Masha. She loves to play so much that all other animals don't share her enthusiasm and always hide from her. One day she is fed up with it and flees into the forest. There she finds a cozy-looking house that belongs to the Bear, who at this moment just gone fishing. Upon his return, he discovers his lovely house in shambles. He finds the source of the mess inside his very house - it turns out to be a little girl that was using his bed as her personal trampoline. The Bear does his best to get rid of the pesky guest. But when he succeeds, he suddenly feels anxiety for the little child he left in the forest. The Bear rushes to find her and finally discovers her in his own house.

Diomede said:

Quick side note on Masha and the Bear.  If anyone isn't familiar with it, go see it right now!

https://youtu.be/6-fwMpYNHbA

Episode 1 summary
    Far away in a little house by the railroad lives a little and a very restless girl called Masha. She loves to play so much that all other animals don't share her enthusiasm and always hide from her. One day she is fed up with it and flees into the forest. There she finds a cozy-looking house that belongs to the Bear, who at this moment just gone fishing. Upon his return, he discovers his lovely house in shambles. He finds the source of the mess inside his very house - it turns out to be a little girl that was using his bed as her personal trampoline. The Bear does his best to get rid of the pesky guest. But when he succeeds, he suddenly feels anxiety for the little child he left in the forest. The Bear rushes to find her and finally discovers her in his own house.

Thanks for that link. That was very funny. The jokes and gags needed no understanding of the language.

edited June 2018

A bit OT, but the bridge model I built and put up on ShareCG has landed a spot on their main/front page!
    https://www.sharecg.com

I'm surprised because it is Carrara only.

Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 4.59.34 PM.png
    1982 x 1720 - 3M
    Post edited by evilproducer on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

A bit OT, but the bridge model I built and put up on ShareCG has landed a spot on their main/front page!
    https://www.sharecg.com

I'm surprised because it is Carrara only.

congrats Evil, taking Carrara to the World!!!! 

@UnifiedBrain, thank you very much for your kind words!

Evilproducer, thanks a lot!

I haven't try the bridge yet, but it's a beauty. Congratulations!

Andrew, thank you very much for your kind words!