Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 11

Comments

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,295

The Illumbrella is really fun to work with but IMHO you really need the add on texture set 

Novica said:

I'm rather sad to say one of my cats (the last of three) who I inherited from my deceased father-in-law has been sleeping by the bedroom door the past several days, since Tuesday. It's become obvious tonight she has had a stroke or something is wrong as she is now wobbly and her eyes in her face have changed. We've been pampering her all evening and I will make the call tomorrow to get her relief from this. She is (I am guessing, will have to look it up) 17 years old. Hollie is like a Tribble, she does the "LLLLLLLbrrrrow" in a beautiful trill and reaches out to grab you with her paw when you go by (with claws, I might add)

She's a typical dark gray/black striped tabby, with gorgeous green eyes. Really green, not olive. Her favorite place is the top of the three tiered kitty condo and keeping an eye on the back porch from her lofty perch.  

So I'm getting off the computer and spending awhile with her, and have to get to sleep because I don't want her to suffer all morning. I have been honored to give her a home knowing my dying father-in-law (cancer) knew his cats would be indoor only and pampered. That's all he worried about. You may recall Spinner and Misty were put to sleep last  December and January, so Hollie is the last of the three that he owned. Rather sad to lose that last living bond of the pets he also cared for.

Sorry to hear that.

My new editions are driveing me up the wall and I'll be glad when I can get Nudge spayed which should be shortly as the kittens (Nudgley and Cpt.Whitpaws) are almost weaned

Nudge is already in heat again and the last week shes been terriable to put up with.

Between her and the kittens for self preservation I've been forced to do something I haven't done in three years and that's to wear long pants shoes and socks

Babies3.jpg
    3024 x 4032 - 2M
    Babies4.jpg
    4032 x 2376 - 2M
    Hello.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 782K
    Nudgly2.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 1M
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,146

I'm sorry about your cat Novica.  Hugs.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,458

Sorry about your kitty. That's the hard thing with pets. :(

• NathNath Posts: 2,732

I'm sorry about your kitty :(

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861
    edited June 2018

Thanks everyone. Robert, Nudge and her kitties are lucky to have you.

Hollie gets put to sleep at 10:30, and it's 9:45am now, and it was the only appointment they had for all day with that particular vet, who is the only one I will use. We got lucky, because I wouldn't wait through the weekend and have her miserable. So gotta go spend time with her and get ready to leave. Then going to run errands and keep my mind elsewhere as much as possible. TTYL.  

Post edited by Novica on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,177

Sorry to hear about Hollie, but it sounds like you gave her (and the others) a great life while it lasted. That's all anyone can do for a pet.

I'm back home, after I left there I went to Sears and bought a necklace that has three star bursts, symbolizing Holly, Misty, and Spinner.  It's Black Hills Gold absolutely stunning. Those three cats were from my father-in-law and Holly was the last surviving one. So they're all together now. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,288
    Novica said:

I'm back home, after I left there I went to Sears and bought a necklace that has three star bursts, symbolizing Holly, Misty, and Spinner.  It's Black Hills Gold absolutely stunning. Those three cats were from my father-in-law and Holly was the last surviving one. So they're all together now. 

What a beautiful way to remember them!

Sounds like a good choice

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,956

Sorry I don't have pets anymore but they are nice.. 

• donovancolbertdonovancolbert Posts: 1,421

One thing I run into constantly with DAZ3D is where I'll merge one scene into another and I end up with two different world centers for figures in the resulting scene. 

So if I do a zero pose to world center, characters will be in different X, Y and Z coordinates. 

Is there a way to fix this? 

• EtaminEtamin Posts: 126

@Novica  Sorry to hear about Holly.  

One thing I run into constantly with DAZ3D is where I'll merge one scene into another and I end up with two different world centers for figures in the resulting scene. 

So if I do a zero pose to world center, characters will be in different X, Y and Z coordinates. 

Is there a way to fix this? 

@etamin  Thanks. I went out to the front yard and trimmed some beautiful crepe myrtle trees, with bright fushia flowers, just to be around something cheerful. I'm watching ANOTHER lightning storm coming in. This is getting ridiculous. 

@donovancolbert  That's interesting. I would assume World Center would be the first set you load, and the merged scene the characters load where you had them but when you zero the figures I would think it would go World Center of the first set. 

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,146

Here is Michel, a new stylized male character.  He actually comes with armor texturing as well, not shown in my renders.  I think he's a cute character and takes on expressions well.  While not shown, his morphs do mix very well with other characters to give the regular characters a "cuter" look.

michel test headshot.jpg
    2800 x 2600 - 3M
    michel test head and body.jpg
    2800 x 2600 - 1M

@worldsedge   Spunky! He radiates attitude. 

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,825

Sorry to read about the last of your FIL's  three cats. I'm sure it was a comfort to him knowing they were in good hands. 

AirPatol1917.png
    1914 x 1022 - 2M
    AirPatol1917_1.png
    1914 x 1022 - 2M

https://www.daz3d.com/mid-victorian-outfit-for-genesis-8-female-s, https://www.daz3d.com/old-london-alley, https://www.daz3d.com/film-noir-portrait-studio, one extra light.

I dforced the skirt and the lower part of the jacket to get a better drape. Skirt worked without problems, jacket needed an influence weightmap.

gail2.png
    800 x 1200 - 1M
  • TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

Sorry to hear about Holli.  I love your idea for memorializing them with the necklace.

edited June 2018

Lorenzo (coming soon)   The Strongroom   

He's wearing Odin Hair and Beard  and Sci-Fi Settler (Gen8M)     So Lorenzo can look younger or older, depending on what you do with him. And as I mentioned, the brows make a difference. I kept the same brows though just to show the hair and beard can age him quite nicely.

Comment on The Stronghold-  it doesn't make sense. Why would you have the 3 sided room (with one wall open) facing BACK instead of to the front, where light comes in? Be aware you'll need to Y Rotate it 180 degrees.

This lighting is Pro-Studio  number 6L. 

Lorenzo Strongroom.png
    626 x 800 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on
    Nath said:

https://www.daz3d.com/mid-victorian-outfit-for-genesis-8-female-s, https://www.daz3d.com/old-london-alley, https://www.daz3d.com/film-noir-portrait-studio, one extra light.

I dforced the skirt and the lower part of the jacket to get a better drape. Skirt worked without problems, jacket needed an influence weightmap.

@nath  And that looks so cool in black and white. You did quite a lovely job with that! 

Novica said:
    Nath said:

@nath  And that looks so cool in black and white. You did quite a lovely job with that! 

Thank you:-) It's nice to occasionally actually use the stuff we buy, isn't it...

edited June 2018

Sorry to hear about Holli.  I love your idea for memorializing them with the necklace.

@tabascojack   Thank you. Here it is- with one large teardrop leading down to happiness of the three cats being together, romping wherever they are. Holly is the one in the middle. There are actually three teardrops (look at the shape of the first one, then there's another one same shape only larger, then the outside rim), a teardrop for the passing of each cat. But the starbursts/tropical flowers outshine the sad elements, as they should. 

Artists have such a neat way of seeing things others don't see at first glance, don't we?

HollyNecklaceJune15.png
    722 x 963 - 756K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,458
    Novica said:

@tabascojack   Thank you. Here it is- with one large teardrop leading down to happiness of the three cats being together, romping wherever they are. Holly is the one in the middle. There are actually three teardrops (look at the shape of the first one, then there's another one same shape only larger, then the outside rim), a teardrop for the passing of each cat. But the starbursts/tropical flowers outshine the sad elements, as they should. 

Artists have such a neat way of seeing things others don't see at first glance, don't we?

Very sweet. It's awesome to have a wonderful piece like that to hold memories! Be well!

edited June 2018

My husband and I got a good laugh out of this one.  My hubby drawled (as if speaking to a class of seventh graders) "Now, what have you learned?"  Listen closely as the teacher emphasizes being safe from storms as the video first starts. I love when he turns the camera on himself, seems like a really nice teacher to have for science class.

Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:

My husband and I got a good laugh out of this one.  My hubby drawled (as if speaking to a class of seventh graders) "Now, what have you learned?"  Listen closely as the teacher emphasizes being safe from storms as the video first starts. I love when he turns the camera on himself, seems like a really nice teacher to have for science class.

Yeah, it is scary. I mean to install a lighting rod at my house but haven't yet.

edited June 2018

Sahana (Gen8F)     Rocker Outfit (Gen3F / Gen8F)     Rocker Outfit Textures    Wine Hall

Okay, so having some fun. Looking at my recent purchases, decided to take my most recent character, outfit, and set and put them together in a scene. So Sahana got the Rocker Outfit and put down in a Wine Hall!

Here she is in the gallery. 

TIP: when a character is leaning, try the Twist morph as larger pieces might turn sideways as they go left or right. That's what I did with the gem and it looked a lot better. 

So if you were to render your most-recently-bought character, outfit, and set, (not required) what did she see out the back door of the Wine Hall?

Sahana Wine Hall2.png
    861 x 1100 - 2M
    Post edited by Novica on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,177
    Novica said:

Sahana (Gen8F)     Rocker Outfit (Gen3F / Gen8F)     Rocker Outfit Textures    Wine Hall

Okay, so having some fun. Looking at my recent purchases, decided to take my most recent character, outfit, and set and put them together in a scene. So Sahana got the Rocker Outfit and put down in a Wine Hall!

So if you were to render your most-recently-bought character, outfit, and set, (not required) what did she see out the back door of the Wine Hall?

Nice render, but a question: did you buy that Rocker Outfit recently? Because I saw I owned it but didnt remember buying - I discovered from my Product Library that it came free with DS4.x Pro, so you should already have had it?

So it is kegs of wine and not kegs of whiskey! A modern age prohibitionist?

My most recent products are about 50% of the recent whole lot of The Girl 8 products! @$99 and change they weren't cheap but they are done up in a toon style that I like and that is easier to morph than past Girl products so that the product isn't so quickly recognizable as the Girl.

Jonah is not (so) new, I bought him a few weeks ago. 

Saharah would see that Jonah e is striking out in his attempt to get Hazel's phone number.

My most recent set though is actuallth Collective3D's Neighborhood. I have a post of that in my gallery too. I shared it already in this thread about 10 pages back.

This discussion has been closed.