April 2018 - Daz 3D New User Challenge - Open Render Challenge

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079
    edited April 2018

@Daybird - thank you very much for the step-by-step to create an emissive.  I keep screwing it up.  I am attaching a test I did with the torus that confirms that it can be used for light like the reference.

@Tynkere - great job on the pond.  Looks like ewcarman has the ripples solved.  Usually, there is more than one way to solve that sort of thing so come back if you want another alternative, but you should be good to go now.  BTW, loved your entries in the RRRR,  Well done.

This test render just confirms that Daybird's advice works.  Thanks again.

bb07 emissive success.jpg
    2400 x 3106 - 802K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • WandererWanderer Posts: 957
    edited April 2018

Here's where I am currently: 

Red Gold Blue: The Purification of Old Town

I'm not going for complete photorealism with this. I dialed back the blue a bit with the daylight, kept the red light in the foreground, but made sure the light highlighted the central figure. I tried to restore the clouds in the upper right, but the atmospheric effect made it either or (either the clouds or the lightshafts). I could force them anyway, but I'm not certain I want to go there. I may try to do some postwork, but for now, this is what I've got done.

RedGoldBlueTPoOT.jpg
    2427 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by Wanderer on
  • daybirddaybird Posts: 648
    edited April 2018
    Wanderer said:

I'm not going for complete photorealism with this. I dialed back the blue a bit with the daylight, kept the red light in the foreground, but made sure the light highlighted the central figure. I tried to restore the clouds in the upper right, but the atmospheric effect made it either or (either the clouds or the lightshafts). I could force them anyway, but I'm not certain I want to go there. I may try to do some postwork, but for now, this is what I've got done.

I'm really jealous man.

This God Rays and the atmospheric is something I cant do with my old system. I quit such renders always after 17-20h, because they have only reached  6-7% until then.

The light, pose and colors looking great and I think the need no just a little adjustment. I think the Woman should be the main figure, but the dark contrast from the robot right of her, pulls my eyes to him. So she needs more light or he less contrast I think.

I also think you use the Golden Spiral and to be consequent you could try to arrange the scarf on the line of her. 
    Not sure about this idea...maybe that look unnatural but you could try it in a fast 3DL test render.

Post edited by daybird on
  • I'm going to try and keep pushing on this months render, but it's gonna be hard to focus on things for now.because my grandmother passed away early yeasterday morning. So sorry if I don't post much more after this for the month.

@Shinji - I'm so sorry to hear that. Take whatever time you need. Come join us again when you can. 

I'm going to try and keep pushing on this months render, but it's gonna be hard to focus on things for now.because my grandmother passed away early yeasterday morning. So sorry if I don't post much more after this for the month.

@daybird - Thank you for the kind words. hmm.. you may be right.. give me time to think on it. You know I cannot resist the challenge. My rig is aging, but the card is newer. If not for that, I'd not be able to do it. Iray makes it possible if you literally buy into the Nvidia product lines. I am a long time gamer, but I would not have got this card if it weren't for the art applications. 

• sueyasueya Posts: 826

Here's the second version of my image. I have made the back wall darker and managed to lighten the man's right arm and get rid of the light in the mirror. There is no longer much of a shadow on the floor so I could try to change the lighting to improve this.

• GallowsGallows Posts: 95
    edited April 2018
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Okay,

I'm new to all this Daz stuff and I wanted to get some feedback (and enter this April contest, lol).

Duncan is the main character of a comic book I am writing and doing the art for. Originally I was going for a 2D Archie look, but I kinda like this (and kinda don't, I dunno. I can't decide, really)

Thoughts?

Duncan April.png
    3500 x 6000 - 6M
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

@Gallows try to get her a tad more dressed for daz TOS ;)

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834
    edited April 2018
    ewcarman said:
    "It's pretty simple - in the DForm pane (Window>Panes(Tabs)>DForm) click Edit Spline. In the dialogue click the Add radio button and then click on the line to add control points, then click the Move radio button and drag the points up and down to make a wave."

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/3111/

Thanks for the link.  The *.obj files look promising.  Will keep d-form in mind for future.  Not sure how that would work with the liilypads being so close to fish.

PS: left a comment on Killisto render.  Nicely done!  : )

Diomede said:
    @Tynkere - great job on the pond.  Looks like ewcarman has the ripples solved.  Usually, there is more than one way to solve that sort of thing so come back if you want another alternative, but you should be good to go now.  BTW, loved your entries in the RRRR,  Well done.

Thanks.  Am sure yours at the RRRR will be a vote getter too!

Your 'test' render here... Sheesh!  I'd be happy with G8F on her own!  Haircut reminds me of Louise Brooks for some reason, but wrong movie of course.  What hair is that?

Figured you'd know a thing or two about water since Carerra expert.  If run into problems will take you up on kind offer.  smiley

Gallows said:

A start.  A portrait.

Pretty cool start.  I guess that's d-form fabric?  Am behind on learning part of DS.

Anyway, best wishes on it!  Some sort of 'belly dancer' pants for TOS?  ???

Okay,

I'm new to all this Daz stuff and I wanted to get some feedback (and enter this April contest, lol).

Duncan is the main character of a comic book I am writing and doing the art for. Originally I was going for a 2D Archie look, but I kinda like this (and kinda don't, I dunno. I can't decide, really)

Thoughts?

Welcome to the fun!   Think I saw your post at (art forum?)  Anyway, glad you decided to give it a whirl.

Duncan looking pretty good.  Like how you have nice assymetric face/eyes. 

@ Everyone

Am up early (or very late) because family cat is recovering from eye surgery, and is feeling good enough now that he wants out.  And he can be very loud about letting us know he wants out.  Been a long time since either of us has been woken up with 'baby duty' or in this case, 'cat duty.'

His Royal Highness & Big Baby can be seen at imgur.  For brevity, not inserting family cat photos...  https://i.imgur.com/l1CQrHQ.png

Long way of explaining, am not deliberately ignoring anyone.  My eyes are tired, so will get back when have rested.  laugh

thanks for reading

--Bruce 

Post edited by Tynkere on
    edited April 2018

<snip>

my grandmother passed away early yeasterday morning. So sorry if I don't post much more after this for the month.

No need to apologize.

I could have included in multi-quote, but given the circumstance...

My sincere condolences.  Best wishes to you and to your family during what I am sure is a difficult time of loss.

With Respect,

--Bruce

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    Wanderer said:

If I had to choose between God Rays and clouds the God Rays win. 

I'm going to try and keep pushing on this months render, but it's gonna be hard to focus on things for now.because my grandmother passed away early yeasterday morning. So sorry if I don't post much more after this for the month.

I am so sorry Shinji.  My deepest condolences to you and your family at this difficult time.

Okay,

Thoughts?

Welcome chrislillytv.  Duncan has potential.  I am looking forward to your next image with him.

edited April 2018

@Shinji - so sorry for you and your family.  Take care, and then come back when you are ready.

@Wanderer - I'm another vote for godrays over clouds, for what it is worth.  Great image.

@Sueya - excellent.  Any comment of mine at this point is just nitpicking.  Too that end, the shadow of her leg on the floor is a little harsh.  Again, nitpicking.  Really like what you've done with it.

@chrislillytv - wow, the expression and the hand poses are very expressive.  Terrific.

@Tynkere - the hair used in my previous version is Paige Hair by PhilW.  More than one product uses the name Paige.  I mean this one.  https://www.daz3d.com/paige-hair-for-genesis-8-females

Here is my next step.  Prop emissive tests.  As per Daybird's and BeeMKay's  instructions (thanks again), I've applied a flecked grayscale map to 4 toruses and inserted them in the color, emissive, and opacity cutout channels of the surfaces tab. All other lights are turned off.  The only light right now comes from the 4 toruses, and those lights are set very low.  Once again, I've got a placeholder G8F.  She is wearing the Andromeda SciFi outfit. 

test render light from torus only.jpg
    3106 x 2541 - 5M
    edited April 2018

Double Post

edited December 2018
    Diomede said:
    @Tynkere - the hair used in my previous version is Paige Hair by PhilW.  More than one product uses the name Paige.  I mean this one.  https://www.daz3d.com/paige-hair-for-genesis-8-females

Here is my next step.  Prop emissive tests.  As per Daybird's and BeeMKay's  instructions (thanks again), I've applied a flecked grayscale map to 4 toruses and inserted them in the color, emissive, and opacity cutout channels of the surfaces tab. All other lights are turned off.  The only light right now comes from the 4 toruses, and those lights are set very low.  Once again, I've got a placeholder G8F.  She is wearing the Andromeda SciFi outfit. 

Heh.  Looks like I just missed hair-doo being on sale.  Added to wishlist-- always another sale... : )

Added pentacle in background?  Don't remember that-- good excuse to watch movie again.  Am learning a lot from you in just how to be organized and plan a scene.

sueya said:

Here's the second version of my image. I have made the back wall darker and managed to lighten the man's right arm and get rid of the light in the mirror. There is no longer much of a shadow on the floor so I could try to change the lighting to improve this.

As others have said, looks good in toning down wall & moving spot.

Speaking of moving...  Here's a suggestion for what it's worth.

How much room do you have to the left of your set?  (to the viewers left or behind the dancers)  If moved entire set to the right a little, you might be able to get all of the couple to show in the mirror.  Just a thought.  smiley

daybird said:

Don't flirt with an Amazon...

You really have a knack for different camera angles.  Mine are always pretty tame.

Like how forearm is out of the picture, and fist...  Seems aimed right at the viewer!

"Never flirt with an Amazon... Unless wearing a helmet."  ; )

HighElf said:
    And here my WiP with the lighting. I'm using the SunSky only here. And pose the sun manually instead of using the time dials.

I didn't know what the time dial was, so just blundered into tweaking on x, y, and z.  : 0 ! 

Looks good.  Only suggestion I might make is blank area to viewers left.  Have you considered changing aspect ratio to crop a bit?  Just a suggestion.

As for soldering irons, use one myself in restoring vintage tape decks, receivers, and amps from 70's.  Lots of fun.  Just don't make a mistake I did once.  Had been using it, found defective part, tossed iron aside and went looking for replacement.  Iron landed on lead to a probe on my scope.  Tektronics is proud of their products.  That little lesson cost me.  Now I make sure scope related stuff safely tucked away.  : )

Wanderer said:

Can definately see more, but not sure.  Ask three people get six opinions.  Kind of liked the earlier version that was darker, but that's just me.

Just curious, but what was the spiral thing from an earlier version?  It's a guide for movement or how the eye scans an image?  I learned composition back in the Pliestocene, so just a grid, or subdivide into triangles.  As said, just curious how it helps?  Any tool that helps you is a good one I guess.  : )

I hope that's everyone

Meanwhile...

Putting the *.obj file into the water much easier than I had feared.  The set has several, so interested to see what everyone thinks about it.  Without ripples in water, project going no where.

Also... The more I look at the render, the more I am bothered by Vicky's feet.  This started out with her wearing the shoes, but they looked too large.  Tried posing Vikcy from scratch and (hopefully) successful, but feet flat on ladder rung still looked too long.  (Vicky just has big feet?)  So from a different angle, tried posing with her standing 'tip-toe.'

Now... Is it my imagination, or from the front, does it look like she's not putting any weight on the ladder and kind of floating? 

Thanks for reading

--Bruce

---
    Edit: weeding out old imgur files.  PM missing links.

• daybirddaybird Posts: 648
    edited April 2018
    Tynkere said:
    Diomede said:

Putting the *.obj file into the water much easier than I had feared.  The set has several, so interested to see what everyone thinks about it.  Without ripples in water, project going no where.

Also... The more I look at the render, the more I am bothered by Vicky's feet.  This started out with her wearing the shoes, but they looked too large.  Tried posing Vikcy from scratch and (hopefully) successful, but feet flat on ladder rung still looked too long.  (Vicky just has big feet?)  So from a different angle, tried posing with her standing 'tip-toe.'

Now... Is it my imagination, or from the front, does it look like she's not putting any weight on the ladder and kind of floating? 

Thanks for reading

--Bruce

*Hihi* The feets are the first thing I tought they are not right..

but I like the rest of the image a lot. The whole scene have a peacefull look and the atmosphere and the light comes out great.. 

The water looks very natural, only the lily pads on the water looking a bit artificial and some seems to float above the water.

I would also move them away from the koi, to make him and the ripples (they come out very nice) more clearly visible.

Post edited by daybird on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

feet on a ladder.    The front part of the foot is the bit actually on the step

Tynkere said:
    Diomede said:

Heh.  Looks like I just missed hair-doo being on sale.  Added to wishlist-- always another sale... : )

Added pentacle in background?  Don't remember that-- good excuse to watch movie again.  Am learning a lot from you in just how to be organized and plan a scene.

sueya said:

As others have said, looks good in toning down wall & moving spot.

Speaking of moving...  Here's a suggestion for what it's worth.

How much room do you have to the left of your set?  (to the viewers left or behind the dancers)  If moved entire set to the right a little, you might be able to get all of the couple to show in the mirror.  Just a thought.  smiley

daybird said:

Don't flirt with an Amazon...

You really have a knack for different camera angles.  Mine are always pretty tame.

Like how forearm is out of the picture, and fist...  Seems aimed right at the viewer!

"Never flirt with an Amazon... Unless wearing a helmet."  ; )

HighElf said:
    And here my WiP with the lighting. I'm using the SunSky only here. And pose the sun manually instead of using the time dials.

I didn't know what the time dial was, so just blundered into tweaking on x, y, and z.  : 0 ! 

Looks good.  Only suggestion I might make is blank area to viewers left.  Have you considered changing aspect ratio to crop a bit?  Just a suggestion.

As for soldering irons, use one myself in restoring vintage tape decks, receivers, and amps from 70's.  Lots of fun.  Just don't make a mistake I did once.  Had been using it, found defective part, tossed iron aside and went looking for replacement.  Iron landed on lead to a probe on my scope.  Tektronics is proud of their products.  That little lesson cost me.  Now I make sure scope related stuff safely tucked away.  : )

Wanderer said:

Can definately see more, but not sure.  Ask three people get six opinions.  Kind of liked the earlier version that was darker, but that's just me.

Just curious, but what was the spiral thing from an earlier version?  It's a guide for movement or how the eye scans an image?  I learned composition back in the Pliestocene, so just a grid, or subdivide into triangles.  As said, just curious how it helps?  Any tool that helps you is a good one I guess.  : )

I hope that's everyone

Meanwhile...

Thanks for reading

--Bruce

Great reference image from Chohole.  If in doubt test the pose yourself ( if you can ) or find a reference image.

The toes look off to me.  They need to be flatter with the ball of the foot on the ladder ( as Chohole as already said ).  Also, the character's right foot is intersecting with the step of the ladder.

• ewcarmanewcarman Posts: 180
    edited April 2018

Meanwhile...

Thanks for reading

--Bruce

One thing that you could try is to have one foot on the rung of the ladder just above the other. Much harder to pose, but imparts a sense of movement/balance so Vicky looks less like she might be floating and more like she's trying hard to get a good shot. Sort of crouching down a bit too like you might if you were trying to get just that little bit closer to your subject. Definitely harder, but could be more interesting.

Good Luck!

Post edited by ewcarman on
  • GallowsGallows Posts: 95
    edited April 2018

A start. A portrait. (perhaps)

Princes.jpg
    415 x 311 - 77K
    Post edited by Gallows on
  • Everyone's works are looking really good this month. All I have ready right now are my two subjects; the background and mountain they're fighting on are still being worked on in bryce, and I'm still trying to figure out the lighting. Looking for critique on the unicorn and dragon poses. The unicorn is a composite of dynamic poses from one of my books on drawing animals; the dragon's pose is modified from one that came with him. Hopefully I'll have the environment done by the weekend.

Thank's in advance for any and all critique.

credits

Mestophales Dragon by Mighty Mestophales

Hivewire Unicorn

unicorn.png
    1600 x 900 - 1M
  • Grabbed a couple of wishlist items that were on sale yesterday, and have started on a second idea for this month using one of the sets. Have it rendering as I type this so I should have it up later in the morning.

First - thanks for the feedback guys. Even when I don't follow every suggestion, I weigh them carefully against what I'm trying to achieve. I wanted the night scene originally, and I really like dark scenes for some things do happen in the dark without good lighting and light and shadow shafts falling all about. I would like to share a link to one of my favorite works that had a great impression on me in my youth: The Court of Death by Rembrandt Peale. Now, light is used to good effect in the image, but I want you to imagine for a moment, standing before this thing in its massive frame - 11-1/2 feet by 23-1/2 feet unframed. I spelled out the feet because I don't want someone to think I made a typo. There's is a huge dark area in the center upper portion of the image, and the visual weight of this suspended darkness is oppressive to say the least. You can see the cloth at the edges of the light quite clearly, but as your eye follows it into the darkness, there is an ever so faint hint of it there, still present in black, warm folds, in the deepest darkness. I remember it sending a shiver up my spine when I realized that the darkness wasn't empty, not because of what I saw there so much as what it hinted at being just beyond sight.

Back to the present, I couldn't figure out moon-godrays, so after wrestling with it for some time, I decided to take a lesson from last month and not spin my wheels reinventing the wheel or self-destructively burning my wick to the nub. I retreated into the light, but with the intent of doing what I know how to do combined with some other fresh ideas. You watch Star Wars, any of the Lucas-era films, but especially the prequel trilogy, and you will be hard pressed to find a scene in which color in not used in some fashion to either point toward the good guys vs the bad guys or to connect the story with comic book art in a very primary way. Seriously, go back and watch them, bad bits and all, and look for scenes in the prequels in which you do not find a combination of red, blue, gold, and even green. I'm trying to touch on that a bit--even if I've stumbled and overdone it. Lucas has commented on his use of color, so I'm not just pulling that out of dark nethers. Any scene with R2 and 3PO already contain red, blue, and gold (well, in general).

@sueya - I like the improvements. I also like Tynkere's suggestion about possibly moving over and using the mirror more. He's got a good eye and I like the fresh perspective he brings to things.

@Gallows - I'm sorry I missed what you did, even with apparent issues. Hope you find a suitable alternative for your vision. I really like what @daybird did in his submission back in January -- I still chuckle thinking about it. I have no idea if that is helpful.  Ahh... you ninja'd me while I was writing this. I see. Interesting angle and subject. The hair ornament--should it be hanging down more? I'm not certain at this angle.

@chrislillytv - Nice character work. Seems like you've got a good start and maybe just need to learn more Daz specific stuff? You're not alone. There are some excellent artists in this thread.

@Tynkere - I wish I could be as funny as you and Diomede. I think you'll both do well over there. I hope your cat is over recovery soon. Did anything in my suggestions about VRAM and optimization help? Yeah, you're right on the toes. I think the lilypads could maybe use something as well, but I don't know what. The golden spiral thing is available here. I like to use it with the rule of thirds to give a bit more variety to my composition. I think some of the lines in the various guides interact in interesting ways with a scene, sometimes. There is also this, which I'm seriously considering getting. There is also this, which apparently mostly came from Jaderail. I have that last one, but have never used it since I don't really use Bryce yet. I think it came free with something. I'm not sure I use it to best effect, but I feel that if I'm already kind of going in a direction, if it helps guide my instincts in interesting ways, I'll try to incorporate it as inspiration. The spiral is somehow related to Fibonacci and the golden ratio--actually, whether what I'm using is a true golden spiral or a Fibonacci spiral I cannot say. Beyond that, I'm sometimes just taking stabs in the dark.

@Kismet2012 - Thanks for the input again.

@daybird - Every time I go past your image, I am stunned by the pose, the angle, and, her hair especially. It really sticks in my mind.

@Diomede - Again, as I said to Tynkere, you guys are awfully funny.  I see you're making progress on the lighting. Very interesting. Waiting to see what you do next.

@cathan01_6e39852 - Looks cool so far. Hard for me to comment on poses without seeing their relationship to environment. Maybe someone with more experience can offer something.

@Shinji - Very well; glad you're here.

I hope that I got everyone. Working on my next iteration.

• Here's the start on that new idea from last night.

april2018-2a.png
    1072 x 643 - 1M
  • jigiteeljigiteel Posts: 6

My entry

• jigiteeljigiteel Posts: 6

My entry

edited December 2018
    daybird said:

*Hihi* The feets are the first thing I tought they are not right..

but I like the rest of the image a lot. The whole scene have a peacefull look and the atmosphere and the light comes out great.. 

The water looks very natural, only the lily pads on the water looking a bit artificial and some seems to float above the water.

I would also move them away from the koi, to make him and the ripples (they come out very nice) more clearly visible.

Good call on lillypads.  Hopefully 'playing footsie' with Vicky is solved now.  : )

Chohole said:

feet on a ladder.    The front part of the foot is the bit actually on the step

Thanks.  Couldn't find much in the way of photos.  That one really helped.  When I did a search, (ladders & feet) it was mostly advertising. 

Great reference image from Chohole.  If in doubt test the pose yourself ( if you can ) or find a reference image.

The toes look off to me.  They need to be flatter with the ball of the foot on the ladder ( as Chohole as already said ).  Also, the character's right foot is intersecting with the step of the ladder.

Took your suggestion and going face first down a ladder (plastic bottle in both hands) more difficult that I'd have thought.  Tendency is to want to reach arond back.  Decided someone would probably use sides of ladder for stability, and be very careful stepping down.  And that was just a short step ladder.  Hopefully this version looks better.  If not, plenty of time for corrections.   

ewcarman said:

One thing that you could try is to have one foot on the rung of the ladder just above the other. Much harder to pose, but imparts a sense of movement/balance so Vicky looks less like she might be floating and more like she's trying hard to get a good shot. Sort of crouching down a bit too like you might if you were trying to get just that little bit closer to your subject. Definitely harder, but could be more interesting.

Good Luck!

Thanks for checking it out and posting suggestion.  Tried both poses & your idea looked the best.  

If happen to check back in, you might notice Kallisto almost running into a monk carrying a box, "EW Carmen & Co."  My way of saying thanks. yes   

Gallows said:

A start. A portrait. (perhaps)

Glad policy didn't scare you off.  Recurring character?  Story?  You did one of finding injured zebra and girl riding zebra.  Now she's relaxing?  Cool idea if that's the case.

Anyway, best wishes on it! 

Everyone's works are looking really good this month. All I have ready right now are my two subjects; the background and mountain they're fighting on are still being worked on in bryce, and I'm still trying to figure out the lighting. Looking for critique on the unicorn and dragon poses. The unicorn is a composite of dynamic poses from one of my books on drawing animals; the dragon's pose is modified from one that came with him. Hopefully I'll have the environment done by the weekend.

Thank's in advance for any and all critique.

credits

Mestophales Dragon by Mighty Mestophales

Hivewire Unicorn

HW horse & unicorn...  Am jealous.  Been on my wish list for a while. 

Don't know how dragon is rigged, but only suggestion might be (if possible) move wing so its not covering up his horn on RH side?  Might help set him off on horizon & landscape from Bryce.  Just a thought. 

I like how you have unicorn's eyes looking up and ears flattened.  smiley  If anything like birds or dog-- bet that was hard to pose!

Wanderer said:
    @Tynkere - I wish I could be as funny as you and Diomede. I think you'll both do well over there. I hope your cat is over recovery soon. Did anything in my suggestions about VRAM and optimization help? Yeah, you're right on the toes. I think the lilypads could maybe use something as well, but I don't know what. The golden spiral thing is available here. I like to use it with the rule of thirds to give a bit more variety to my composition. I think some of the lines in the various guides interact in interesting ways with a scene, sometimes. There is also this, which I'm seriously considering getting. There is also this, which apparently mostly came from Jaderail. I have that last one, but have never used it since I don't really use Bryce yet. I think it came free with something. I'm not sure I use it to best effect, but I feel that if I'm already kind of going in a direction, if it helps guide my instincts in interesting ways, I'll try to incorporate it as inspiration. The spiral is somehow related to Fibonacci and the golden ratio--actually, whether what I'm using is a true golden spiral or a Fibonacci spiral I cannot say. Beyond that, I'm sometimes just taking stabs in the dark.

Thanks about RRRR.  This month might've been different since theme lent itself to puns & play on words, but not all of them have to be funny.  Some can do amazing renders with little or no humor in them at all.  *That* might take some imagination.  (And a bit of luck...)

Iray script would be time saver as well as your suggestion on randomizing/automating instances.  Both are on wishlist.  Medieval Hall & Garden very large set & tedious going through all of it by hand.  Vet bill was pretty high, so nothing from DAZ store in near future unless $6.00 coupon.  ; )

PS:  Thanks about our cat.  He's getting cabin fever I think and driving us crazy. 

Here's the start on that new idea from last night.

While we don't know each other that well, good to see you back. 

Hard to see darker renders on this monitor.  Assault rifle or backup pistol?  Nice crouch stance.

PS: from last render, happen to remember or know what flash suppresor prop?  (free guns pack last month I think, but no fx for them)

Hopefully this will solve Vicky's posing problems and no floating feet.  smiley

Added final two actors & sidewalk.  Almost done except for couple of bald spots in grass, putting some textures back in, and maybe adding a few critters.

Comments welcome, esp. on Kallisto & monk novice.  If she nearly ran into him as he's turning corner, right hand on wall look OK if she is kind of twisting to get out of his way?  Left hand, my eyes are tired.  Just have her pointing.  ; ) 

thanks for reading!

--Bruce

---
    Edit: weeding out old imgur files.  PM missing links.