Transferring Morphs from Genesis to G2M/G2F and from G2M/G2F to Genesis (Now with Clones!)

Comments

• siocsioc Posts: 299
    edited August 2013

Is this that character?

Yes that's the one.

A fine image with info tell all ;)

so the error is there in G2F Base LR.obj

buggy_eye2.png
    725 x 456 - 185K
    Post edited by sioc on
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited August 2013

This is happening I think because Thorne's character usually have a larger eyes and the program is trying its best to approximate the transfer. Eye areas are more difficult I think because there are actual several meshes in there, layered on top of each other, unlike in the rest of the body where it is mostly just one layer.
    I presume this isn't happening with GenX transfer from V4 and eyes transfer well to Genesis.

And while I don't have this character to check myself, I can think of several ways to try and fix it.

- When using transfer utility, try to use the opposite method - check Near Vertices (with slider up to the maximum right) if you didn't use it before, or uncheck it if it was used before. Near Vertices method supposed to be an alternative method to projection.

- Before transfer from Genesis, make a version with smaller eyes using standard Genesis' morphs to make them as close to default Genesis eyes as possible, such as Eyes Smaller and so on (export as obj, and reimport it as a separate morph), then, on G2F use same or about same morphs in reverse. As G2F and Genesis were made by same author and many morphs are similar it might work.

I'll see if I have any Thorne's characters with similar eyes I can check myself.
    I know people had problems with Justin/Julia eyes, which are also larger but myself I never had so far.

Post edited by Kattey on
    edited August 2013

Ok, I think I figure out. Or not ...

I import thru genX the head only,

Then add the the eyes fix (I think the trouble come from here) for V4 to genesis (yes it works...), I export it as obj and use the morph pro to add it as a complete new morph. then I retried the export to G2F.

=> same eyes trouble.

I did the same without playing the eyes fix on genesis => again same trouble

So I tried with the the GenX head only again and manual adjustment to the eye on Gn then export to obj and creation of a Gn morph and finally transfert the morph => again same trouble not the same displacement but the eyes are still way buggy

I don't know what to try next

Post edited by sioc on
    edited December 1969

So to make it clear - in Genesis, after you transferred it vis GenX, do eyes look fine?

edited December 1969

First one

buggy_eye3.png
    1062 x 1168 - 498K
    edited December 1969

And second one

buggy_eye4.png
    1922 x 1156 - 618K
    edited August 2013

I just checked, I got the eyes trouble with all head morph : GenX, but also with my V5 , S5 shapes...

So the trouble is probably in my G2F Base obj ?

here how I did it : Load G2F, shrunk Res to Low, Subdivision to 0, the export as hexagon preset and unchecked all except ignore invisible node.

Anything wrong ?

Post edited by sioc on
    edited August 2013

sioc said:
    I just checked, I got the eyes trouble with all head morph : GenX, but also with my V5 , S5 shapes...

So the trouble is probably in my G2F Base obj ?

here how I did it : Load G2F, shrunk Res to Low, Subdivision to 0, the export as hexagon preset and unchecked all except ignore invisible node.

Anything wrong ?

Seems to be proper way, mine export is the same. I'm working with Taiga (which is Thorne's character for Genesis: as your Genesis morphs seems to be just fine I didn't do V4 to Gen transfers). So far I'm not getting deformed eyes. Eyelids and eyelashes - yes, a bit, as you can see, and sometimes inner mouth/teeth, but not eyes themselves.

Here is a G2F Taiga (full replication morph) with default Bree texture. Here is smoothing is set to 1 and High Resolution but even on base resolution all I'm getting is some upper eyelid jag, not eyeball jag.

G2F_Taiga.jpg
    693 x 697 - 144K
    Post edited by Kattey on
    edited August 2013

Maybe I found... Maybe not....

After so many tries...

My CloneGenesis.dsf isn't like in the howto mine is a dsf encrypted of 332 KB. So I used my DSF toolbox to uncompress it and do the step of the howto.

Maybe the trouble comes from that ?

Any idea how I could get the old one ?

Post edited by sioc on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

When saving make sure and save with the "Compress" box unchecked. So just resave it and make sure that's unchecked and it will save it as a text file.

edited August 2013

I reinstalled all my G2F packages, redone all from scratch and ... same troubles.

Any idea?

edit:

I also reinstalled Genesis base keep all other morph out.

I recreated the morph I wanted and redid all again... => same error.

Really if someone has an idea?

Post edited by sioc on
    edited December 1969

When you transfer from Genesis to G2F, do you set Genesis to Subdividison 0 and Base Resolution?
    Also, do you leave Face/Region/Selection/Weightmaps options in Transfer Utility on or off?

edited December 1969

yes I used low res and 0 subdivision

for the settings see the screenshot

settings.png
    512 x 695 - 61K
    edited December 1969

*scratches head* Same as mine. I really don't know why you are getting those eye deformities.

edited December 1969

Ok... I'll never know why but I succeed... I reinstalled all this morning and my troubles went away. Surely a wrong file somewhere, I should have play too much with my library ??

• remcovanembdenremcovanembden Posts: 106
    edited December 1969

Very helpful thank you

edited August 2013

sioc said:
    Ok... I'll never know why but I succeed... I reinstalled all this morning and my troubles went away. Surely a wrong file somewhere, I should have play too much with my library ??

Could be (for example I couldn't make SickleYield's G2F clone to Genesis work and this isn't SickleYield's fault at slightest). I'm glad it worked out in the end for you :)

MrZuma3D, you are welcome :)

Post edited by Kattey on
    edited December 1969

At least now I played so much with it, I think I understand more and could (maybe) help...:)

Thank you very much Kattey

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited August 2013

Followed ben98120000's method to get them all in there quickly and easily. After that I realized Genesis *.duf shaping presets work on G2F (providing I use the version with the morphs transferred, obviously).

Danmoria's Sirena character is just about the only V5 UV'd character other than Bree or Gabi that I own (at least that's already in *.duf).

Can you tell which one's which? ;)

Sirena.jpg
    640 x 480 - 123K
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited December 1969

I would say left one is G1. :)

edited December 1969

I'd say on left is G2F :p

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310
    edited August 2013

I have made something useful! I wanted to bring over some genesis head morphs, but be able to keep the body the same. after an hour or two of fiddling in blender I have made a Genesis head morph for Gen2 the neck is probably not quite perfect (I am not a modeller by any stretch of the imagination), but now if I want I can have a David's head on the new Girl's body (or something more reasonable I suppose)

Gen2-david5_does_not_approve.png
    700 x 700 - 187K
    Post edited by fixmypcmike on
    edited August 2013

Hello,

That was a too easy ending... ;)

So I just discovered that the upper and lower jaw and the tongue are not ok with my morph loaded. They are like 10 mm away from where they should be on Z axis.

Is someone can explain me how I can translate them in Z axis without altering the face shape ?

Thanks in advance

Post edited by sioc on
    edited December 1969

Sorry for the late response, everybody, but I was getting cloudfare errors for about a week and couldn't open the forum pages.

Kamion99, it is a very nifty idea, I'll sneak it for myself :)

sioc, again, just to clarify, we speak about moving morphs from G2F to Genesis or otherwise?

And do those parts deform or they just offset but still look good?

edited December 1969

I transfered 'successfully' from Genesis to G2F but if dial a big smile or open the mouth the teeth looks like they are too far in z axis. And now that I played more with it maybe they are off on other parameters too.

I don't find the way to move the jaw without change the face too.

edited August 2013

Can you try the morph called Teeth Lower Jaw Move Forward-Back? I got it either from standard G2F or with G2F evolution morphs.

Also, for some morphs you need to do the whole Bone Adjustment/ERC freeze thing if the shape they are making is far off from usual shape because bone pivot points have to be adjusted - as lower jaw is a fully involved bone in G2F unlike in Genesis, it might be a cause.

Post edited by Kattey on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

So my brain is stuck again. Kattey shared with me how to make a clone but I'm still trying to figure out how to get that clone into an Auto Fit area. I THINK you have to do something in the Property Manager but forgot where to look. I'm on a new system and some of my saved tutorials have gone missing so I'm kinda swimming in murky water right now. Anyone know how to get a home spun clone for Dawn into the Auto Fit area?

Thanks

Richard

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited September 2013

IIRC you can do it via the Parameters tab on the morph. Hit the cogwheel and set the path to Hidden/Clones, the type to Modifier/Clone, and then check the Hidden box on the right.

I think you can change just the type to Modifier/Clone though without hiding it and have it as both a morph slider and a clone at the same time? Not sure.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited September 2013

I'm back :p

Ok I fixed my jaw trouble thru morphs, thanks.

Regarding my eyes troubles in morph transfers, I still got some that I fixed with some Hexagon editing.

My last trouble are with the eyes, some vertex change of layers or move away from where they should be.

Eyes change only in position and size, no morphs on them (except rare exotics).

That made me think: if you edit the dsf file of a morph you see the delta informations for each modified vertex. So if I remove the lines relative to the eyes and change the number of modified vertex accordantly then the eyes should be perfect (maybe some xyz and size adjustment, but that's nothing).

Any of you know how the vertex are numbered ? Or even better anyone knows the vertex number ranges for the eyes ?

Post edited by sioc on
    edited September 2013

I did a simple morph: I moved the eyes away :p

so I found these values :
    Number of vertex modified : 1142

and their ranges (values included) :
    From to:
    2179 2248
    8255 8465
    9006 9295
    13011 13080
    18926 19136
    19672 19961

I'll test my idea, and i'll post the result :)

Post edited by sioc on