virtual nickel 4 yor carrara thoughts: the next level

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i been all day saving the david8 textures to tiff

theres an option for pixel order, interleaved or per channel

there no way to know which option carrara uses when it converts to tif?

when i add a bumo mao skin goes darker.

adding the makeup layer as a tif file with the multiply seems to work brilliant.  seeing his eyeliner
    skin looking a bit too pink. even with gamma correction

what a difference enabling soft shadows make

shutting down cora8ty til the storms pass. unplugged cool

3DAGE said:

Actually,. In the surface replicator,. there's the option to use a distribution map and choose a domain,. and as the tree shader auto creates domains for Trunk /Branch1 / branch 2,  and leaf.

you can simply select one of those EG: Branch1,. and the objects will be replicated only on that domain.

no need to create a distribution map,. unless you want to. :)

be interesting to try maling lightning with the tree generator

thinkin something wrong with g8m's face uvs.  can see lovelty skin detail in his chest area, but on his face texture looks blurred.  set filter sharpness to 100%  doesnt help

aerodynamic magnifiquious

there a bug or somethin

edited May 2018

how did mages and friars with long robes ride horses and donkeys

medieval dudes ever ride side saddle?

thought i sawsomething, instead of ft in modeling room, to measure by pixels

oh i see it, is on interface tab.

Post edited by Mistara on
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

in Animate (DS) when you drag /stretch a loop it's simply repeating that loop,. no new keyframes are created.

you either need to create real keyframes (bake to studio timeline ,/ then import back to animate) then create a new clip.

or.

import the single Animate loop into carrara,. Create a New NLA master clip, from that animation,. and set that NLA clip to loop in the timeline,.and stretch it out as required.

just as you did in studio with the animate loop

Also,. you can now Save a studio scene (with animation baked to the studio timeline) and open that in carrara from the browser,. then create an NLA clip

Hope it helps :)

thanks smiley

was thinking to use an animate clip so i can match up hip translation, to avoid the skating thing.
    been people studying.  noticed people adjust stride to accomodate their weight. beer handles.
    is rare to see a tall dude who doesnt slouch.
    come to a conclusion, people who served in military, never lose that cadence when they walk.

i'm a girl, but i'm in luvheart lol

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    Mistara said:

thanks smiley

was thinking to use an animate clip so i can match up hip translation, to avoid the skating thing.
    been people studying.  noticed people adjust stride to accomodate their weight. beer handles.
    come to a conclusion, people who served in military, never lose that cadence when they walk.

As a tall dude (6'4"), can confirm. laugh

It's because nothing is built for us; the back support and headrests on chairs are all in the wrong spots so we get used to sliding down in seats to be comfortable and it translates to standing up too. Also it's awkward to talk down to people all the time so we get used to bending slightly to have conversations.

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    Mistara said:

I would like to be in the place of the harp...heart

edited May 2018
    DUDU said:
    Mistara said:

They doin it for me lol, can imagine their majik is more potent on dudes smiley

heartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheart

ready to go to heaven now lol

MDO2010 said:
    Mistara said:

thanks smiley

It's because nothing is built for us; the back support and headrests on chairs are all in the wrong spots so we get used to sliding down in seats to be comfortable and it translates to standing up too. Also it's awkward to talk down to people all the time so we get used to bending slightly to have conversations.

i'se 5ft, the lumbar support on office chairs around here is too high for me.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Mistara said:
    MDO2010 said:
    Mistara said:

thanks smiley

Yes,  sometimes it is not fun being only 5ft tall. I empathise, as I have been 5ft tall longer than you have.  

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Mistara said:
    DUDU said:
    Mistara said:

They doin it for me lol, can imagine their majik is more potent on dudes smiley

heartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheart

ready to go to heaven now lol

My son thinks this pair is terrific,  he introduced me to them.

Chohole said:
    Mistara said:
    MDO2010 said:
    Mistara said:

thanks smiley

Yes,  sometimes it is not fun being only 5ft tall. I empathise, as I have been 5ft tall longer than you have.  

we vertically challenged   tee hee

edited May 2018

there no reason not to drag these haircaps to carrara tray?  https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files/#prod_8443

haircaps spread out tween poser and ds

mebbe those wonderful hairs only work on v4 will work on her hair cap  

oh is scalp fits pz2s

snacking on lettuce and sipping water isnt the same as sipping wine and snacking on ferrero chocolates

some BLISS tunes and loveliness

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,801

just made me think of the harpies in the movie Jason and the Argonauts...

edited May 2018

oh i get it.  harp  , harpies  tee hee 

jason and the argonauts reminds me of Clash of the Titans.  release the Krakken

release the krakken reminds me of the Mouse movie, Madelin Kahn "wee weese the seecwet weapon"

(Kevin Bacon not in movie, lol )

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817
    edited June 2018
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    th3Digit said:

just using here to post some links for Misty from a skype convo so she can find them again

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/assembling/tutorials/creating_head_split_morphs/start

a video using a mask

and this thread where Richard explains too

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1939871/

thank you smiley

tee hee rosity sent me a couple questions, asked what made me choose carrara
    got to say a few nice things
    imagine carrara as an up and coming app smiley

asked who my favorite rosty artists are
    recognizes a certain trojan horse by Wonga, smiley 
    diomede smiley

found a carrara gallery by DarkGeometryArt, no idea who that is

edited June 2018

Rainbows?  in the dark?  ... rainbows

sure i've seen this landscape in terrains presets  lol

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079
    Mistara said:

diomede smiley

Thank you. blush

Diomede said:
    Mistara said:

diomede smiley

Thank you. blush

smiley

i'm not subscribed to their newsletter thingees, afraid i might miss it
    spent 5 hours yesterday answering 1 question  lol, didnt want to sound like an advert, tried to answer it from my user experience perspective.

tee hee  https://www.renderosity.com/member-of-the-month-for-june-4-2018---mistylaraprincess-cms-20303

they chose the iconic carrara landsape render for the banner
    was one of the native content presets

they called me a 'him'.  thats okay.  
    my sexual orientation is in question anyhows for the harp girl twins

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on