virtual nickel 4 yor carrara thoughts: the next level

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited May 2018

we CAN save and load weightmaps!!!heart  omg, is in the manual  lol

is in the spanner/wrench room, under animation mode, under bones tab.

saves it as a .cwm file

WE CAN, WE CAN, WE CAN, PARTY 
    saturday night for 40 more minutes

Post edited by Mistara on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085
    edited May 2018

I can't find it.

Yes, the manual says there should be a weightmap tab under the bones tab in animation mode of the vertex modeler.

But no such tab exists in my interface.

dd01b moxie where the weightmap save.jpg
    1910 x 915 - 405K
    dd03b manual says there is a weightmap tab but dont have it.jpg
    1159 x 1017 - 299K
    Post edited by Diomede on

i saved the noggins goose to carrara,  loaded back in.  seeing 2 buttons 

i clicked create masper pose, my rara went out to lunch.
    is a bit riduclous to save a single frame pose >.<

manual doesnt mention the button, no idea if thats how to save a singke pose

goosieloosie.JPG
    1869 x 847 - 182K

seems a master pose means doesnt matter where on the sequence timeline its dropped.
    , he goes immediately to the master pose
    dropping the master CLIP in fronf of the master POSE, he starts in t pose and eventually reaches the pose
    i drag the master POSE first, he goes immediately to the pose, but the master CLIP, now slowky moves him to T pose, ??

what its after 2am.  sucked into the rara experiments time vortex

It seems that I can find the weightmap saving option if the figure's weightmap method was the old Poser CR2method, but not for my custom Carrara-weightmapped or for Studio Genesis weightmapped.

edited May 2018
    Diomede said:

It seems that I can find the weightmap saving option if the figure's weightmap method was the old Poser CR2method, but not for my custom Carrara-weightmapped or for Studio Genesis weightmapped.

??? you cant save carrara wm?  what's the point then?

noggins goose is way before poser wmapping

cancel the party crying

was thinkin cwm for miki 3.  she needs one, srop that geometry crumpling
    a cwm for Aiko4. crying

started a carrara page on my site.  bandwidth is choppy for directly streaming mp4s
    http://realmsandgalaxies.com/CarraraPage

I did some tests for the V4/M4, V3/M3 and their contemporary figures like the original Stephanie Petitie and Freak 4, etc.  The options to save weightmaps are there for the figures in the instances tray in the following screencap.

aa01 weightmapped saving figures.JPG
    854 x 659 - 82K
    Diomede said:

I did some tests for the V4/M4, V3/M3 and their contemporary figures like the original Stephanie Petitie and Freak 4, etc.  The options to save weightmaps are there for the figures in the instances tray in the following screencap.

are they saved to carrara (internal .car) or they cr2?

thanks smiley

its letting me add tracks, basically an animation group within an animation group.

ideally, would like a ready animation group to put garbed character in a scene for a stroll by, mage robes all tweaked for movement
    dont see a way to add the audio track to animation group.crying

i'm stressing, 8pm on sunday, dont want to go to sleep til cora8ty is rendering footage

edited May 2018

The figures are found in the Daz Studio runtime library, where they are stored as Poser CR2 files.  

When initiating the save option for the weightmap, Carrra is promping to save as a cwm file.

aa01 the frak in daz library is cr2.JPG
    1668 x 907 - 200K
    aa01 the freak weightmap save options.JPG
    1609 x 834 - 139K

guess thats a good sign.

fretting over your custom figures not showing the buttons.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,898

AFAIK it has to be a Poser figure a cr2 to have a saveable weightmap

edited May 2018
    th3Digit said:

AFAIK it has to be a Poser figure a cr2 to have a saveable weightmap

As usual, Wendy nailed it.  I just did a test of a custom figure that I setup and boned in Poser (created a CR2) instead of Carrara native weightmap.  The joints work in Carrara, and the weightmap menu is available.

aa01 setup and save figure in Poser.JPG
    1666 x 1012 - 177K
    aa01 setup in poser posed in carrara.JPG
    1608 x 899 - 142K
    aa01 wobbls in poser 2.JPG
    991 x 802 - 63K

BTW - first time I have used Poser for anything other than Wardrobe Wizard since VWD came out.

edited May 2018

makes no sense tho.

they didnt expect anyone would make carrara native figures?

brain tired lol.
    cant find the master daffodil to save it. unreplicated leaves empty hothpoint, no daffodils 

doh, daffodil was invisible lol 
    mann need a drink, but dr tomorrow

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,898
    Mistara said:

makes no sense tho.

brain tired lol.
    cant find the master daffodil to save it. unreplicated leaves empty hothpoint, no daffodils 

if I recall it was an added feature in Evocia Carrara 5 already which imported Poser figures, not related to DAZ 3D

th3Digit said:
    Mistara said:

makes no sense tho.

brain tired lol.

if I recall it was an added feature in Evocia Carrara 5 already which imported Poser figures, not related to DAZ 3D

a carrara wmapped V4 would make her brand new!

edited May 2018

some tips in this on sony video render mp4 settings.
    refreshing my brain rewatching 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,817

what's this Poser you speak of devil  cool

my freckle is fading.................................. 

freckle belly, a great nam for a Pub.

the flow force seems to stop flowing after 40 frames, unless i move the floeforcee towards it

sigh  not exactly the super cape i was imagining  lol

i'm missing a fundamental piece of information for tweaking poke-thru, like how to keep the outfit posed in the thingee mode

starting to have a crisis

not getting the results i was hoping for with the forces

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited May 2018

Setting a simple camera rig,.

In a new empty scene,.. Create a target helper object,.  go to the general tab and delete the word "target" so you have a "helper object",. or Cam helper.

Create another target helper object and delete the word "helper" so you have a "target object"

so we now have a Camera 1,. a Helper Object, and a Target Object.

next we want to align the cam Helper Object, and the Camera1,..

Select the Camera,. then shift select the cam Helper Object,. go to EDIT / Align,. and enable the three little axis arrows in that panel. hit ok.

the Helper Object and the Camera1,. should now be in the same positon.

Grab the Camera1 and drop it into the Helper Object, to parent the camera1 to the helper.

so,. why do that.

Select the camera Helper Object,. then in the scene view,. alt click drag to pan around,. 

The camera is pivoting on the helper,. rotating around a spot,. rather than around an object.or the scene centre.

the optional next step is to get the camera to point at the target helper.

Select the Camera,. go to Modifiers tab,. and select "point at" then click the blue button and choose the "Target Object"

the camera will now point to that target,.

By selecting and moving the Cam Helper,. you can move the camera positon and rotation,(without creating any Camera keyframes). and by moving the Target object, you can direct the camera to look at or follow the motion of an object in your scene (without creating any camera keyframes)

having two helpers "controlling" the camera gives you more options,.

For example,. Parent the "cam Helper" to a moving object,. then select the Camera1 and reposition it to view the object,.

as the object moves,. the camera will move too,. since it's parented to the Helper,.. which is parented to the moving object,..

but the camera can still be moved around,. as the object is moving, so,.. you can rotate around a moving object,. while it's moving along.

you could even select the cam Helper Object and rotate it to rotate that camera around the object,. while the camera Target Helper moves to look at different areas of the moving object

Spherical Cameras. Yes,. make it 2x1    EG:  4000 x 2000

When you save any scene objects to the browser,. carrara makes a new temp scene,. with that object and creates a little thumbnail,. which makes sense when you could have a scene with lots of objects and replication,. it could take a long long time to render a preview from your real scene,

see "P3DO pro"!  if you want to create custom thumbnails for carrara files,. or if it's a fig

on weightmaps,.

it's ONLY needed as an external file if you're moving out of the application. and at that point,. you'll be re rigging and weightmapping in another app

for Carrara built characters,. used in carrara, the weighting is saved in the scene as are the bones , morphs,. modifiers, etc

Post edited by 3DAGE on

uber kewl!  thanks!

helps the workflow 

leaf margins??

there so many options and tabs in the dialog to learn lol

this looks interestin to make normals maps  

looks interestin  https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworksdownload#?dn=texture-tools-for-adobe-photoshop-8-55

i;m runnin 32 bit ps7 on 64bit win7

dunni of i need the 32 bit or the 64 bit plugin version

omg!!   this is how to control the size of particles thru the animation

like the 5th time playing this, is the first time i'se catching this vital bit of info
    was makin me crazy raindrops becoming so big

tee hee  trying the mech girl outfit on him

dohhh  to fix poke thru, to put the clothes back on the posed figure
    has to lick the animate button in the spanner room!!!
    to the left of the uv button

edited May 2018

Actually,. In the surface replicator,. there's the option to use a distribution map and choose a domain,. and as the tree shader auto creates domains for Trunk /Branch1 / branch 2,  and leaf.

you can simply select one of those EG: Branch1,. and the objects will be replicated only on that domain.

no need to create a distribution map,. unless you want to. :)

bird tree.jpg
    640 x 480 - 172K
    Post edited by 3DAGE on

thanks!  hobbitses in trees enlightened

just noticed toay shader room droparrow gives option for sequenced tiffs
    looks like a monitor screen wont need an animation group.
    unless i want to swivel it

sequenced tif's are there partly as legacy,. since png can do the same thing ,. with smaller file size.

Tiff 16bit greyscale sequence is ideal for animated displacement,. the files can be big.

anything that doesn't have bones,. is a prop,. so no real need for an animation group,.. unless you want the ability to control the monitor position/rotation with different NLA clips

that's the big advantage with an Animated group over an ordinary Group,. Animated groups have NLA tracks,. so,.. even is the objects are just simple primitives,. the animation can be saved in an NLA clip ,. which means you can Loop , Reverse or change the playback rate of the clip from the NLA tab options.