Darwins' Schtuff Pt Deux

Comments

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I would like to wish you and yours the very Merriest Christmas from my family!!

• Thank you!  I hope everyone has had a great week and a safe new year as well!

Happy New Year Darwin!!!!!

• TY!

Finally figured out the base figure morphs (a set with the fae ears, a set to load without the ears).  Started to work on ideas on the skin; started off with a MR and worked on the shader system until I got the feel of what I liked.  Updated a few of the skin files, in process of re-rendering with different roughness maps atm.  After, it's time to pull out Adobe and really get into kitbashing, coloring, tweaking, painting and updating the base skin maps.  So far, however, it's this:

• He looks serious, my friend. And he looks good so far.

• Thank you.  Little update; don't know if one can even tell, but I thought I'd upload it for prosperity-or just keeping track.  Minor details in the set up for this one, and the render didn't finish as I just wanted to get going on the actual translucency/diffuse/bump set details.

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,074
    edited January 2023

And my dude in an 18 hour test render at 43% completion; this is after processing.  I mucked up the rendering settings and the system lost the speakers due to the overworking of the system.  Whoops.  >.>

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • More updates- working on the translucency layer still..renders are with 3 different HDRI maps and the same light rigs:

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

DM, wanted to check in and see how things were going, since it's been a while. I hope everything is going well for you out there. (... approximately where is "out there", anyway?) It did sound vaguely like you might be having some computer issues before.

Also, not going to lie, but I do have an ulterior motive. I was wondering if there's any chance that you'll be updating/revising your tattoo packages for G9. You do have a unique viewpoint and approach and it would be great to see something like that for G9.

• vwrangler said:

DM, wanted to check in and see how things were going, since it's been a while. I hope everything is going well for you out there. (... approximately where is "out there", anyway?) It did sound vaguely like you might be having some computer issues before.

Also, not going to lie, but I do have an ulterior motive. I was wondering if there's any chance that you'll be updating/revising your tattoo packages for G9. You do have a unique viewpoint and approach and it would be great to see something like that for G9.

Howdy!

Actually, it's been hectic as all get out with life and a switch of employment, but things are looking for the better as for a while there it was -very- stressed for the both of us.

I did submit JeanPaul just recently for review, so I'm hoping for the best with him.

In the future...yes.  I have plans of tattoo sets for G9, but I want them to be unique to the figure.  However, my style won't be changing. I did think of that, as I've seen other art out there released that had me second guessing myself for a while.  But, no.  I'm not changing what and how I do things.  It may be a bit as I slowly get back into the swing of things and completely wrap my head around the new figure/system, but there are plans.

yes.  yes, there are.

Mwha-ha-ha,

How's things going? :D

edited December 2023

deleted double post-whoops

Wow it has been a while since we seen you around these parts of the woods Darwin!!

I am glad that things are finally settling down with you now!!

Also I do look forward to your versions of the new GF/M 9!!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Hey again Mister Mishap, 

I'm glad you are back on track & I it looks like you've take full advantage of the improvement DAZ 3D has made available for your modeling. I like it & will buy it, when released.

• Thank you both!  It's really good to be back, that's for sure. XD

•  

Another view of him. XD

• So, unfortunately the honeycomb tattoo idea did not make it into JeanPierre's set, but that has been added to one of my future projects.

For now, I'm slapping down a set of test renders of the next project, who says we don't need more leading males for our renders?  Not I.

The skin is one of the G9 base male skins to see how the sculpt looks in HDRI lighting.  I like his look, so it'll be on to the morph or joint corrections before the next dude. XD

• NinefoldNinefold Posts: 256

Wow, I love this face sculpt. Excited to see where you go with his textures and styling.

He's very good.

• Thank you both!

• another facial/body morph set.  Only ended up with one render since we had a glitch in power and the system shut off. Whoop. He is wearing M9's skin set here.

Another morph set: Varick-just a head shot this time.

Good job and angle you chose to accentuate the face geometry sculpting you've done. I like it.

Thanks!  I'll have another render of the next morph set soon. ;)

edited January 13

Tester for a character set Aksel; Genesis 9...Found several oddities in the skin tonality on this one.  Gonna set up another render with different lights to see if it's the lighting/tonemapping or my textures. Hm.  Anywho-

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,772

DarwinsMishap said:

Wow. I'm way late to this particular party, but this render is stunning!

DarwinsMishap said:

Tester for a character set Aksel; Genesis 9...Found several oddities in the skin tonality on this one.  Gonna set up another render with different lights to see if it's the lighting/tonemapping or my textures. Hm.  Anywho-

Wild glasses

Hylas said:

DarwinsMishap said:

Wow. I'm way late to this particular party, but this render is stunning!

Thank you!  And that was actually a tester. XD

Well, the second render confirms the issue-it's texture.  So, back to the drawing board to figure out what I did.  So, I'll slap that up here, too.

Ok, started over.  Literally.  So, this is just the head/eyes, but it's a vast improvement.  Somewhere down the line, I really mucked up the original textures.  Probably used some sort of filter by mistake and borked it all to pieces.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I can't even imagine how annoying something like that much be *hugs* Looking forward to see more :)

/C

Wow!! The second skin is looking much better!

It must be hard when you discover that a mistake was made after the fact of doing all the work!