Darwins' Schtuff Pt Deux

Comments

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,074

Was working in zbrush tonight, tweaking the final sculpt for the new guy's face.  Having some issues getting it back into studio- I think I'm just too tired.  Gonna go to bed. 

• The Inner CircleThe Inner Circle Posts: 224
    edited May 2021

Great to hear Dom has finally made it to Daz testing - seems like we have been waiting for him forever. Has it really been around 6 months ?

Also looking forward to seeing how your 8.1 figure ends up.

More importantly hope you and yours and doing well in these troubling times.

My thanks to @Zombietaggerung for the heads up on the beanie hair (which saved Dar having to look it up distracting him from his all important Daz work).

David

Post edited by The Inner Circle on

Thank you- and yeah, I think so.  Originally, he was supposed to have been my last halloween release; but life happened.  

I do think I realized my mistake with the zbrush sculpt; I forgot to turn off dynamic subdivision on the brush before sculpting. *sigh* 

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Things like that happen Dar especially when you are to tired!!!

edited May 2021

Definitely!  lol

Started on this guy's skin set; working on getting the mouth/teeth shaders correct.  Don't mind the oily look to his skin, I haven't tweaked the gloss yet.

I have the mouth at 50% realism for 8.1M atm. Seems the 100% makes the gums cut into the teeth, which bother me.  I'll more than likely set it at 50% when I save out the character preset to avoid that. Edit- attached the seam render (with different lighting, too)

teeth and mouth.jpg
    1070 x 855 - 168K
    Post edited by DarwinsMishap on

Started on eyes- not sure I like the tweaking of the material set up just yet.  Gonna have to double check a few things in the textures as well- I liked the render as it stated, but now... mm.  Needs something else.

Facial morphs done, will go back a third time for the HD version later.  Tweaked the skin shader a bit too far- now he needs a bit more gloss. lol  Will fix that and move onto checking the UV/textures of the eyes to make sure they line up (haven't done that yet) and then the HD version of the facial features. Oh, and the brows are done, with textures/shaders, but not saved yet.  Ended up adding a bit of a third actor to blend his features out a bit more for my 80's Actor face morph.  

• Congrats on Dom's release Dar. Looks awesome as always - wish listed awaiting payday.

David

Thank you very much!

• And a couple of Dom renders to get us started.

Those are really cool, thank you for posting them!

Gonna be working on the new guy today; thankfully with no day job today and no plans, I have the time. lol

Last head morph for Damek; I have kept all three versions.  Time to final up the skin textures before moving to fun stuff like tats and crap.  Have the body morph done (although you can't see it here) as well.  Will have to put that morph into Zbrush for the HD Details (if the stupid thing will cooperate with me).

Howdy folks!

I was just wondering how y'all are don'?  Working tattoos atm.  

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

been up and down for me, the heat we have had during the beginning of summer pretty much downed me. I just can't work well when it's over 25 degree celcius, to the amusement of others who want it to be more 30+ lol

The last coupel of days has been decent though, warm but not too warm for me :) hope you and yours are doing well!

• The Inner CircleThe Inner Circle Posts: 224
    edited June 2021

The reverse of Carola here - Just starting winter and although ours are pretty mild compared to places that get snow and well below freezing temperatures, still not a fan. Give me spring and autumn (fall) any day over the seasonal extremes of summer/winter.

Other than that, covid pretty well under control here in the land down under so life relatively normal by compatison to some countries. There are benefits of being so isolated I suppose. 

Still progressing with working on a visual novel/game (using a few of Dar's fine models of course).

Hope others are fairing well in these trying times.

Also hope you and yours are doing well Dar. Don't forget to not work too hard and spend some quality time with those close to you (well as close as the pandemic situation allows).

David.

Post edited by The Inner Circle on

Aw, thank you both.  It's been 95 degrees here the past few days (celcius) and the overtime has slowed considerably (thankfully).  Been spending time with my partner and our pups, as they are in the crate during the day while we're gone.  Since that's the daily, my time up in the office has been regulated to half a day Saturday and maybe Sunday and after 8:30 in the evening (if I haven't passed out on the couch already)-which has REALLY cut into my art time. lol

Going to visit le fam in July for a week, so that will be nice.  

Have loads of ideas to work on; currently still ironing out the skin on this dude (found a few issues while working on tat ideas), and I am going to see about making a couple of things non-character based.  We'll see how far I get.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

DarwinsMishap said:

Last head morph for Damek; I have kept all three versions.  Time to final up the skin textures before moving to fun stuff like tats and crap.  Have the body morph done (although you can't see it here) as well.  Will have to put that morph into Zbrush for the HD Details (if the stupid thing will cooperate with me).

Very nice!  Reminds me of Axel Rose from the band Guns and Roses.

• DarwinsMishap said:

Aw, thank you both.  It's been 95 degrees here the past few days (celcius) and the overtime has slowed considerably (thankfully).  Been spending time with my partner and our pups, as they are in the crate during the day while we're gone.  Since that's the daily, my time up in the office has been regulated to half a day Saturday and maybe Sunday and after 8:30 in the evening (if I haven't passed out on the couch already)-which has REALLY cut into my art time. lol

Going to visit le fam in July for a week, so that will be nice.  

Have loads of ideas to work on; currently still ironing out the skin on this dude (found a few issues while working on tat ideas), and I am going to see about making a couple of things non-character

based.  We'll see how far I get.

I think you may have a slight mishap there Dar - 95 celcius is 203 farenheit - which might be a bit hot for your pc to run Zbrush :)

David

Very good Daventaki! He is based off of Axel and another actor. XD

Yeah, IC- I realized that ...now. lol   Mishap-mishap.  ;) 

Good grief, it's been almost a month.

I hope everyone is doing well, had a good 4th celebration.  We've been busy with overtime at work-which has sucked the soul out of both of us, and there is more to come.  Good thing, my partern got a promotion, so I guess the exhaustion has been worth it. :D

Trying to work today on things- have a few things in the works (one of which you guys have seen) and have sketched out some new ideas for tats that I think (hopefully) will be beyond what I've done so far.  Here's to hoping. 

Hey Darwin how have you been at has been a long time since you have created a render for us to drool over giggles!!

I finally got another one of your amazing characters yesterday during the sales!!

I will be posting him as soon as the render is done!!

Oo, can't wait to see!

Yeah, been busy and exhausted, and dealing with 90+ heat upstairs (haven't had time to put in the window AC unit yet) when I can GET upstairs.  We have an exterimator coming soon and my partner's son, so no arting tonight.  

edited July 2021

I made this one instead because the other one all of a sudden stoped rendering @ 60%!

A New Tennent.png
    1000 x 800 - 996K
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

90s with 90s humidity is awful!

Hi Saph!

Cute render-but you may want to put that into PS or Gimp and up the gamma or brighten it a bit more to see more of the detail you have in the scene.  That, or my monitor is too dark. 

Yeah, nonesuch00-it sucks, and it's goning to suck the rest of this week until next week when we get a "cold front" to 87 degrees instead of 98.  Yesterday was GLORIOUS, but I had crap to do and couldn't get up here.  I'm working this afternoon for as long as I can, though.  While I can. lol

• I did up a couple of renders for you Darwin!!

• Wow, those are awesome, thank you!

Working on tattoos today in between going to get Covid tests and crap.  Hopefully, I'll have something to post soon.  :)

Hope everyone is doing ok!

• as quick tester

• Looking good so far :D 

• Thanks!  Working on a sleeve today... Finally. O.o