Darwins' Schtuff Pt Deux

Comments

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Glad to hear it Dar, here me and mine are doing alright :) 

and oohhh another bigger story? One day I hope we manage to get our hands on all the stories, what we have been teased with is way to not want more :)

• Wauw he's looking great ,looking forward to seeing more of him :) 

• Thank you!

I thought about that; with all of the stories my partner and I have collectively, I thought that maybe setting up a Patreon strictly for that would be something I could do.  Like, for family trees, storyline/story board making, special access to specific character previews and releases (those won't be able to be added to my shop here, however), cover art, that sort of thing.  I'd love to do something like a comic/render type visual art book rather than a specific written type, but I haven't discussed this idea with my partner just yet. lol

.......even if I had already set up a Patreon page, it's not live yet.  >.>

edited September 2020

That would be very, very interesting in my opinion :) But yes, discussion it with him first is probably a good idea lol

Post edited by Carola O on
  • Will do that tomorrow... as it stands, the page is live, but I won't give out the link yet. ;)

• Facial and body morphs done and saved.  May redo the brows; for right now they are a place holder until or if I decide to redo them.  Gotta toss him back into Zbrush to make his beard/stubble, arm, leg, and torso hair as well as subD4 skin details (mainly creases, wrinkles, etc.).  Then- onto the fun stuff such as tat/make up additions. ;)

The render is low setting and didn't go all the way since I noticed the issues (shirt/jewlery) on him.  Eventually I'll re-render this one.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,771

Why yes, I am single! As of right now, I am!

• LOL Hylas!

Just gotta get his torso/gen hair done and then... importing everything.  XD  Tho' I may be done today, dunno yet.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Hylas said:

I know the feeling! (But a yound buck like that wouldn't be interested in an old grandma like me. Guess I'll hold onto the ol' man. And have pleasant dreams.)
    wink

• L'Adair said:
    Hylas said:

I know the feeling! (But a yound buck like that wouldn't be interested in an old grandma like me. Guess I'll hold onto the ol' man. And have pleasant dreams.)
    wink

LOL L'Adair. I hear you on that. Except I just settle for the pleasant dreams since I'm single ;)

I'll do the same as Ferretmania *grin*

• lol- you are all too much.  But!  You got a grin on my face, so thank you.

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,074
    edited October 2020

Ok- so hair journey time.

I've made separate pieces for the beard, hands/fingers, forearms, lower legs/toes, and one full leg Upper and lower) set.  I've found if I combined the full and the lower set, it looks pretty nice when rendered.  But-when I rendered the tester for the arms/hands and beard hair props- I noticed that there were some areas I missed masking in zbrush-

So I went back in- and instead of replacing that forearm set, I've made an "addition" to the forearm set if people want more hair on his forearms (still rendering).

I also have a second pair of brows rendering.  So, when that tester is done and I have time to post it- I'm going to ask "Brow 1, or Brow 2"? :D  Still have his chest/abdomen hair sets to make, at least. 

See ya then!

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on

Gracious sin.... *fans self* 

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    I also have a second pair of brows rendering.  So, when that tester is done and I have time to post it- I'm going to ask "Brow 1, or Brow 2"? :D  Still have his chest/abdomen hair sets to make, at least. 

Heh. Sounds almost like the optometrist's office. "Now which one is better: brow 1 or brow 2? ...Brow 1 or Brow 2? ...Brow 1 or Brow 2 ... The differences can be subtle, so take your time. Brow 1 .... or brow 2?"

He does look like he's coming along swimmingly! Is that his own texture, or from someone else for the moment?

• Thank you!

This is his skin texture set; I still have a few minor seams to tweak, but at this point other than that the base skin is done.  :) 

Here is Brow 2 (I may try another option that I received via pm here by a lovely visitor as well); I do not like the "addition" for the arm hair, though.  Those will simply have to be completely redone in my opinon.

The leg hair (full) with the lower leg hair added to it:

• started playing with one arm tat idea using a watercolor pencil/ink piece of mine back from 2010 (Cripes, has it been that long ago?) titled "Eternal Agony".  Test version 1 is just put onto the upper arm and rendered, version two is a smaller bust piece with decorative boarders that more than likely will blend into other pieces better.

I am leaning toward 2; and now noticed I missed a seam area.  Blast it. *Grouse*

My personal preferance is version 2, though both are really cool

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I myself think that if you pulled her up a bit more in the second one it would be much better!!

But both is quite amazing!

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,771

You might have outdone yourself with this one!

I agree though, the arm hair doesn't look great.

Does he require a core character or is he based on plain G8M?

• Thank you!  I believe I will be going with version 2 as well; the decorative piece around it will work really nicely into the rest of the design idea I have.

No core character; he is all G8M and sculpting. ;) Gonna work on that arm hair tonight before crashing; re-doing the entire kit-n-kaboodle there.  At least I don't have to worry about the hand/finger hair; that's a separate piece in case people want to put him into a suit or long sleeves. 

You spoil us Dar, and we love you even more for it :) You might wish to put up barricades to stop us when we start stalk you ;P

• Just gonna put this here: Like the body/arm and hand hair much better this round.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Just gonna put this here: Like the body/arm and hand hair much better this round.

Well ... it may be the lighting, but the arm hair has gone from much heavier to almost invisible here. Maybe some slightly thicker strands, or some more strands?

• vwrangler said:

Just gonna put this here: Like the body/arm and hand hair much better this round.

Well ... it may be the lighting, but the arm hair has gone from much heavier to almost invisible here. Maybe some slightly thicker strands, or some more strands?

Nope, not the lighting.  I'm going to work out a second set that is closer to the thickness of the first for an alternative to the lighter hair prop. ;)

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    vwrangler said:

Nope, not the lighting.  I'm going to work out a second set that is closer to the thickness of the first for an alternative to the lighter hair prop. ;)

You really spoil us. Thank you!

heart

• Oh wow looking great. I'm partial to the second tattoo! 

• Ok- so the first one is the alternate arm/hand hair- the second is with both sets applied.  There isn't much difference-but in Zbrush it looked much like the original attempt. I dunno.  Maybe try four will be a luckier version for a fuller set of arm/hand hair, or maybe I'll leave it as is and move on. I'm trying to get this done by the 15th to test.  >.>

I may try ONE more time.  I wanna move onto his tats and LIE next. lol

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Are you going to change the color of the chest and arm hair to suit the the hair on his head?

• The hair is a dark brown/black which is my usual base for black hair when I test; The hairs will have the usual gamat of colors; red, blonde, white, black, brown, gray, etc.